AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-19, 01:13   Link #2261
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Freedom's targeting system is likely visual confirmation in nature, while most long-range stuff is screwed up because of N-jammers--Earth's covered in them, and standard space protocol is to activate onboard jammers to cripple the enemy's communications and sensor arrays. That's likely how the Freedom keeps sneaking up on everyone.
Old 2011-12-19, 05:05   Link #2262
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

Then there's the issue of mental health. Whether it be ZAFT or the Alliance they all seem to be psychopaths who'd like nothing more than to kill a whole bunch of the other guys. The guys who launch the nukes just going nuts just before firing, and then the ZAFTies going apeshit and killing guys trying to retreat and disabled suits...That kind of behavior is unacceptable from a professional soldier. Like I said before, they are way too emotional and that plays a big factor into their combat performance.
That's because the massive loss of life from the wars taken its toll on the sanity of a lot of people. For example in the opening part of the war N-Jammer messed up Earth's energy causing mass starvation in a lot of places. Then Blue Cosmos causing Bloody Valentine caused certain people to start to lose their sanity. A good example of this is Patrick Zala whose mental condition worsens as the series goes on from his wife's death during Bloody Valentine.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 12:42   Link #2263
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Off topic.

I stopped getting involved in grunt arguments years ago but i do have a question. If freedom has a functioning targeting/tracking system onboard and used at will, what is preventing other militaries from using similar electronic devices? If they are installed how does freedom somehow manages to appear out of nowhere?
Freedom don't use auto targeting/tracking system
( That is the entire reason why they made new dragon-system that can be use by anyone for Legend.)

and about how he can sneak....who know? maybe side effect of N-jammer? or he have stealth system
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 13:45   Link #2264
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

I belive he meant the regular Freedom's Targetting system, not the Strike freedom ones (correct me if im wrong here Winter) used for the Rainbow Grunt massacre attacks.

The New dragoon system that the Legend used is used by the Akatsuki and S-Freedom aswell(And the Chaos?), albeit with different names if i recall
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 14:32   Link #2265
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Only the Chaos, Legend, and Strike Freedom used it.

It's completely unknown what the Akatsuki used, but it's doubtful that it's any DRAGOON system given the time its production started (usually said to be mid-SEED or so). Something similar, but something originating from Orb most likely.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 15:15   Link #2266
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Could be true, seeing how Mwu pilots it and he is one of the few characters with spatial awareness, was it confirmed if it used the Old or New OS though?

i mean, software updates could've been put in place, but its a moot point to talk about really.
Old 2011-12-19, 22:01   Link #2267
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It could've simply been a completely different system.

Considering the DRAGOON System in general wasn't developed until near the end of the war (first appearing on the Dreadnought Gundam and then the Providence), I doubt Orb got their hands on it during that period to be able to copy it or use it themselves, so most likely is using their own type of system that anyone can use. We never got to see if Cagalli could use it because she was using the Akatsuki on Earth while its Shiranui Pack with the remote units is only for space use.

They couldn't even initially get their hands on Phase Shift Armor or Mirage Colloid. Only the Sahaku family could and only by sheer luck that they found the Blitz's arm intact after its destruction. Obviously, they kept it all for themselves too.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 21:44   Link #2268
XFreedom

In GS Destiny i would call Kira as Jesus Yamato lol. When he appeared with the Freedom, the Gundam with its wing is pretty symbolic, and everyone just scared the shjt out of themselves and the battle end up not long after that
XFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 22:50   Link #2269
djmaca
My Girl ↓

@everyone...

I dunno if it will get very controversial again but GSD is about to air this Winter 2012.... IN High Definition.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 23:07   Link #2270
kakakka

It's only Seed, not Destiny.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 00:18   Link #2271
djmaca
My Girl ↓

^Eh? Then why is Shin in there?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 00:43   Link #2272
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
^Eh? Then why is Shin in there?
What? You never knew that Bandai likes to troll it's fanbase?
Old 2011-12-23, 06:36   Link #2273
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Freedom's targeting system is likely visual confirmation in nature,
I have to disagree here

1 In nearly anime ive seen a form of targets on a scope that have been lighted up its a form of electronic locking system. Similar to what RL current tracking system. If fakuda wanted a visual confirmation that isnt electronic based he could of used a different form of visualization but he didnt.

2 Freedom has a N canceller. What this means in a small area he can counter n-jammers, which in turn means electronic devices (sensors/comms) is functional in his limited sphere.

If he is using the n-cancellor that would also mean his targets rader network should detect him providing his aoe is also within the targets. A 2 way street per say.

But no worries i dont need a reply. Ive done my course in basic rader training (which also cover extensive understanding of how the system works including heavy ECM blankets) that i can safely say fakuda wasn't really interested in getting real mechanics into play here. Which is a good call i might add or else i would called BS louder than ive already have.

long story short... targets would of detected him while in his n-cancellor aoe.

@Znozzy.

Yes you are correct i am referring to kira's regular Targeting system before he rainbow spams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFreedom View Post
and everyone just scared the shjt out of themselves and the battle end up not long after that
I would too if i couldn't hit the broad side of the barn.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 06:56   Link #2274
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
I would too if i couldn't hit the broad side of the barn.

The story of a CE grunts life ;_;
Old 2011-12-23, 14:38   Link #2275
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
The story of a CE grunts life ;_;
There's nothing special there. Just recently, on episode 11 of AGE, one Genoace couldn't hit the Gundam standing still in the middle of a river. At least, Freedom actually dodges, so the "CE grunts" has an excuse.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 15:11   Link #2276
kakakka

Age dodges too. Please don't do that in attempt to make a point.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 15:25   Link #2277
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

Age dodges too. Please don't do that in attempt to make a point.
Sorry, but I think that I have to point it out just to emphasize how bad grunts can be in general. The fact that AGE dodges is irrelevant when there's an example where it doesn't dodge and a grunt still didn't hit it.

By the way, I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing as a whole, just that it's not an uncommon thing in fiction.
Old 2012-01-19, 14:25   Link #2278
23 gundam fan

i have been trying to understand this for a long time, why didnt the archangel just tell zaft a.k.a. the minerva crew why they showed up in there first appearance, i cant understand that, the writing on this point makes no sense. i mean you just say to yourself, hey archangel how about you send a damn message to the minerva crew and tell them and zaft what your intentions are by returnig to the battlefield after a couple of years. even if zaft didnt accept there reasons, you have to admit it would have clear up a large amount of confusion for athrun and the minerva crew. i mean was it planned out this way to just keep the story going, or to pit the archangel and minerva crew against each other. makes no sense when just sending message would clear all of that up. i wonder was it done to make the archangel crew look like the bad guys, because to the minerva crew they had no choice but to look on them in that way. what do you guys think. final note maybe we just chalk it up too the very very bad writing.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 17:42   Link #2279
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
i have been trying to understand this for a long time, why didnt the archangel just tell zaft a.k.a. the minerva crew why they showed up in there first appearance, i cant understand that, the writing on this point makes no sense.
But they did, Cagalli sent out a public communication that the ZAFT force could listen to when she spoke to the Orb forces.
Old 2012-01-19, 18:20   Link #2280
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
But they did, Cagalli sent out a public communication that the ZAFT force could listen to when she spoke to the Orb forces.
The only problem is that the Archangel is not enlisted in the Orb forces. They are marked as hostile ship.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote