AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 22:00   Link #7021
FeistyDreams

Sure, but they stripped everything from Kurz that made him three dimensional, and turned him into nothing more than the completely stereotypical, run of the mill, flirty sniper with nothing else going for him. I get so very bored with that character type, they're EVERYWHERE, but Kurz actually had some depth to him that I enjoyed, and it's gone. He was never one of my favorite characters because he's such a stereotype, but at least I could like him for other reasons. Not the case in FMP Another.
Old 2013-01-08, 00:16   Link #7022
Alchemist007
*Author

Well at least it's not written by Gatou. Btw, did he have any say in the matter? Last I heard he had a couple 'secret' projects in the works.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:53   Link #7023
MisterBaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
He was never one of my favorite characters because he's such a stereotype, but at least I could like him for other reasons. Not the case in FMP Another.
You know, I actually have no problem with what happened to Kurz because I knew he wasn't built to last. Let's face it, his character ark was brief and there is nothing else he could actually do in the new story but be a stereotype. That's why I think he should have died in Yansk. That would make him go as a complete and badass character he was at that point.
When he turned out to be alive I was not that triumphant. Actually, I was like "Really?"
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 10:12   Link #7024
FeistyDreams

FMPAnother, as far as I know and has been said in the past, is planned out by Gatoh even though he's not the one writing it. So, unfortunately, I believe that yes, he does have quite a bit of say, which makes it all the sadder... And the worst thing, in my mind, is that the character butchering seems to be done in the name of comedy, when it's far from amusing.

Honestly, MisterBaka, I agree. It would have been a far more compelling story, too, if he HAD died. It was a bit of a cop-out, really, and just added to the rather long list of people-who-should-have-died-but-didn't in the series... One of FMP's biggest faults...
Old 2013-01-10, 23:58   Link #7025
Yye1
Wide Right

is there a translated version of another anywhere on the net?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 13:39   Link #7026
<KS11>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
is there a translated version of another anywhere on the net?
No, there aren't..
<KS11> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 05:20   Link #7027
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
I supposed Daniel E was about to post these, but he only got Japanese words so got deleted. (I hadn't posed for a while as well, damn my job for that)
Anyway, here're FMPA Volume 5's words:
Spoiler:

Suddenly, it looks more alike with the past books again. I'm starting to like the serious busniess.
I do have two pics about M9A2 at hand but they're just in low-res......So I'll skip it this time.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 09:46   Link #7028
MisterBaka

Едрить твою налево!!!! Now that is some serious business going on! Ohhh, how I want to read the Another novels.
Old 2013-02-06, 12:00   Link #7029
gordol
Banned

Thanks Hunter! I posted the japanese spoilers but the gay mod deleted the message...

Here have the M9A2 pic, we still don't know what other beside the new Centuria are in this vol.

Spoiler for pic:
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 12:03   Link #7030
Sumeragi
Banned

It was deleted because of the damn huge pictures you posted. At least this time you did it in spoiler tags.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 12:05   Link #7031
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It was deleted because of the damn huge pictures you posted. At least this time you did it in spoiler tags.
At least I contribute something to the board....

Anyway more pics: Centuria art and blocking the Blaze Raven special weapon, another new AS Goblin, and character art

Mikailovic's Custom AS is a modified Centuria! Wondering to what country the Goblin belongs to.

Last edited by gordol; 2013-02-06 at 23:12.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 01:56   Link #7032
Yye1
Wide Right

Chofu and Sengawa are the places that bulk of FMP takes place right? So wats the thing?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 22:50   Link #7033
FeistyDreams

I got up for the livestream on Monday, took some screencaps. Not a whole lot to show, since it was really for Amagi Brilliant Park (Gatoh's new series, just released), but there's some AS images from FMP!Another, and one cute pic of Sousuke, Kaname, and Bonta-kun.

Photoset 1
Photoset 2

And the TV spot for Amagi Brilliant Park
Old 2013-02-21, 07:04   Link #7034
MisterBaka

Quote:
and one cute pic of Sousuke, Kaname, and Bonta-kun.
Oh my... They really are cute.
Today I wanted to kill Leonard again, with the Counting On My Own arc in the manga under translation and all...
But why aren't there no news on Another novels being translated, I wonder.
Old 2013-03-03, 05:34   Link #7035
LeoXiao
思想工作

Are there any summaries for "Another" at all?

Also, just re-read all the FMP novels. They are better than I remember them. The only issues is that they do seem to drag on a bit in CMMD and ANOT, but BOMF and the finale were really good.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 17:24   Link #7036
Primary Consult

So...
What is the "Full Metal Panic: Sigma" LN series? I was in Kinokuniya and was surprised to see a LN with Chidori on the cover sitting on the "New Releases" table (link to it on amazon.co.jp)... The titles of this series are familiar but do not correspond with the numbers of the original run of the novels... and considering the release dates have all been 2012/2013 I am thoroughly confused by this...

Are they a re-publishing of only the "plot" novels, or are they rewritten somehow? I don't *think* it was a manga since they were LN sized and in the LN section...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 20:45   Link #7037
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
So...
What is the "Full Metal Panic: Sigma" LN series? I was in Kinokuniya and was surprised to see a LN with Chidori on the cover sitting on the "New Releases" table (link to it on amazon.co.jp)... The titles of this series are familiar but do not correspond with the numbers of the original run of the novels... and considering the release dates have all been 2012/2013 I am thoroughly confused by this...

Are they a re-publishing of only the "plot" novels, or are they rewritten somehow? I don't *think* it was a manga since they were LN sized and in the LN section...
They're (from what I've heard) light-novel sized reorganized reprints of the Sigma manga. If you're familiar with the Comic Mission reprint of the original manga, I believe they've been reorganized like that, to make it so you can read just the main story without getting derailed with side stories.

....Also, totally jealous you've got a Kinokuniya nearby Q_Q I keep meaning to make a trip out to the SF location, but considering the drive is about 6 hours, I've gotta have some other reason than just a bookstore...... Maybe...
Old 2013-03-11, 22:45   Link #7038
Primary Consult

Thanks for the prompt reply!
That explains why they were shrink-wrapped... they usually don't wrap their LNs.

On an unrelated note, can anyone tell me if we hear of Tessa again in "Another"... pretty much everyone else had a happy ending in "Stand By Me" except for her (no family, no ship, no subordinates, no guy, and it seemed like her only plans for the future involved a depressing series of visits to the families of her fallen crewmembers).

Sorry for spamming this thread but I'm excited after having just finished reading the fan-translated LNs today .
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 23:04   Link #7039
FeistyDreams

As far as I know, there hasn't been any mention of her, but I could be wrong. I admittedly haven't been keeping up with it past the 2nd (that I bought but haven't read...). If she HAS been mentioned, though, I'm sure someone else will say as much, but I don't think so. ^^

And go ahead, spam away!! We could use some life~! I love seeing the excitement, it brings mine back all over again~
Old 2013-03-12, 00:45   Link #7040
Darthtabby

Is there anything that would rule out her being one of the higher ups in Dana O'Shee Military Services? Seriously, with a name like that I'd practically expect her to be involved with the company.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen