AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-04-30, 11:09   Link #21
Sweetchinmusic

No way i dont know how to do spoiler tags, so please avoid what im gonna say if you dont want it to be a spoiler.

Why FUJI!!!!!!! he is my favourite character!!!! lol, he deserves the singles position on his own, seeing as he is the best there well in my eyes lol.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 13:50   Link #22
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Well...

Spoiler for Fuji:

Also...

Spoiler for Oishi:
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 10:16   Link #23
Ripped85

Prince of Tennis - Nationals

What exactly is this? Is it a completely different series? I haven't seen POT for about 5-6 months considering it was getting a little overboard. Is this worth picking up on? And should I see what I missed so I'll be able to follow?
Ripped85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 11:44   Link #24
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I suppose it depends where exactly in the story you left off. If you watched through Rikkai, you should be fine for the OVA.

The OVA is pretty much a continuation of the series, covering Nationals. Since the end of the anime sort of got off from this goal, you don't really need to watch it. The story here seems as if it's going to follow the manga more closely, though there are some obvious and notable changes.
Old 2006-05-06, 21:13   Link #25
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

does anyone know when the 2nd OVA will be out or does anyone have a site that lists the release dates??
elite-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 23:17   Link #26
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-dreams
does anyone know when the 2nd OVA will be out or does anyone have a site that lists the release dates??
The official website for the OVA series is here. According to this site, Volume 2 comes out May 26th and contains two episodes: "Hot & Cool" (episode 2) and "The fourth counter" (episode 3).

Future release dates are (according to animate's website):

Volume 3 - July 2006
Volume 4 - September 2006
Volume 5 - November 2006
Volume 6 - January 2007
Volume 7 - March 2007

... 2 episodes on each volume, I believe. So it's gonna be a long wait... :P
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 23:27   Link #27
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Yeah, two episodes per volume, except for the first which only had one, for a total of 13 OVA episodes.

I'm really looking forward to episode 3... it'll have some differences from its manga counter-part, but there's something in particular that I'm reaaaaally looking forward to... *pushes up glasses*
Old 2006-05-06, 23:46   Link #28
Edo

I thought POT was done in Japan due to low ratings... Now I was really pissed at how they rushed the ending of the series, but Im relieved to see them cover the nationals.. But im suprised to see them pick up a series which I thoguht was axed.

Though for 13 episodes, that doesnt leave enough padding for a good coverage of the tournament or do they plan on releasing more ovas to cover the whole nationals?
Edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 09:04   Link #29
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

but would they tell us if echizen won the US open or not that still bothers me cuz comes back to japan. is it that he just came bk for a short term or is he completly finished wit the US open?
[oh and is the manga still comming out? cuz if it is, i suppose i can "read" wats next xD]
elite-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 11:12   Link #30
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Yeah, manga's still ongoing.

I doubt we'll ever get to know much more of the US open, but that's speculation on my part. Like I said, it was kind of a silly move by the animation story writers, and tisi OVA is sort of to... "un-do" that in a sense, so I doubt we'll get into details about it.
Old 2006-05-09, 12:57   Link #31
Sweetchinmusic

The US Open was a good idea, just executed a bit wrongly lol. I mean they could still get out of it, if they just say Ryoma lost lol, but i doubt they will say it. Nanjiroh Echizen went to Us to see Ryoma play isnt it? Is he in any of the Ovas or the manga of the Nationals cause then that could answer a few questions lol or possibly create some more.

Also will the second OVA be Subbed as soon as it comes out or take a month or two like this one?
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 23:06   Link #32
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

The manga is still ongoing. Right now they are moving on to the Semifinals of the nationals. So far it appears that the arc is just all the top district schools duking it out. Some of the old familiar teams that Seigaku has gone up against in the past are running into some ridiculously strong people.

Spoiler:

spoiler on Eiji...

Spoiler:

at this rate.. it seems like Rikkaidai might be playing against Seigaku in the finals.. but then who knows if they will get knocked out by an unknown school. The mystery player still remains to be Yukimura.. and Rikkaidai were last year's National champions... so being previous title holder does say something about him.
Old 2006-05-16, 12:43   Link #33
Kasiro

Just watched this and I've got to say that I still love PoT xD
I really lol'ed at 'Tezuka's Entrance', you could feel his aura lollerskatez
Kasiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 08:29   Link #34
naigo

Does anyone know where I can download raw?
naigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 21:37   Link #35
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

anyone know if the second OVA is out yet? it's may 27 in US now..
Old 2006-05-28, 03:26   Link #36
intellektual

does anyone know where to dl the episodes 2 and 3 at? it would be awesome if they were subbed too.

also does anyone know where i can dl the subbed manga for it? ive been looking around without any luck.

Last edited by intellektual; 2006-05-28 at 14:49.
intellektual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 19:42   Link #37
mit7059

Does anyone know if anyone is planning on subbing the second and third episodes? They've been out for more than a month now.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 04:56   Link #38
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i still say its a load of BS that echizen made it back and was 'allowed' to play in the finals. breaking the rules is not ok for the good guys. they could have made him could back midway somewhere and after someone was injured he could replace them.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 08:35   Link #39
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
i still say its a load of BS that echizen made it back and was 'allowed' to play in the finals. breaking the rules is not ok for the good guys. they could have made him could back midway somewhere and after someone was injured he could replace them.
Most people tend to just completely ignore the whole "Echizen went to America" thing since it didn't happen in the manga. It was a completely ridiculous idea that they came up with to end the TV anime... so it's best to pretend the last several episodes of the TV anime just never happened. :P A 12 year old in the US Open... is that really the best they could come up with...? tsk tsk
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 14:26   Link #40
kayoujin

aren't 12 year olds not supposed to even enter the men's singles in pro tennis? i can't wait for the 2nd one to be subbed... its really slow lol
kayoujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis