AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 11:26   Link #41
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

I saw new pics for Triangle Frontier on a French gaming site, and can confirm the following will be included in the game :

- Metal Siren
- Prototype Metal Siren
- atmospheric pack for VF-19
- FAST pack for VF-17 and VF-11B (macross plus)
- Emilia's Queedlun-Rau
- Mass-Production VF-9

Here's the link : http://www.gamekult.com/actu/macross...000089794.html
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 16:05   Link #42
moncikoma

The game already out since yesterday, anybody have played it?
What's the story about?
What contents the UMD movie has?
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 19:47   Link #43
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, but for all I know, the gameplay is the same that the two previous games.

The story in Academy Mode is more or less the story of your created character in Mihoshi Academy, during which he/she can become friend or date the main characters of Macross Frontier, which also include the original playable characters from the previous game and the operators. When you complete the mode your character can used in Campaign mode.
Also, who you date/befriend have an impact on the stat growth and the skills of your character.

For all I know, the UMD movie is the UMD version of the first MF movie.
Old 2011-02-05, 17:13   Link #44
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Game probably rocks but even if I do have a PSP, I won't be doing any rocking. Time to buy those language pills....

Which reminds me, didn't I already said how it would be awesome if there was an action type of game with dating elements. It finally arrived :3
Old 2011-02-05, 17:28   Link #45
moncikoma

it looks like the umd has new story sort of like short OVA...
Which is not available on the bluray false diva

Maybe a short scene from the 2nd movie I guess
Old 2011-02-10, 18:26   Link #46
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

My copy of the Limited Edition finally arrived !

The UMD movie comes in two discs, one for the movie, and the second for the bonus which include some short anime scenes, a few in-universe commercial. Most of this disc (95min in lenght) is some kind of making-off and a report with our favourite evil troll director.

I mostly played Academy mode at the moment, but there's some change, the capital ships now fire their point-defense weaponry (completely inoffensive, it's just for the look).
Also the VF-171 beam gun have been replaced by its standard gunpod, and units in general seems to be a bit more detailed than the previous game.
For the Academy mode proper, you choose around 3 course each week, each one eating more or less HP and MP, or you can choose to rest to replenish your HP/MP or to have a date with one character.
At a certain point, you have to choose your faction, unlocked after each playthrough in the mode. The first one is the SMS, then at your second playthrough, you can choose between joining SMS or the Spacy (where your fellow squadmates are the original character of MAF and MUF), at the third one have the option to join the civil pilot route. Lastly at the fourth time, you have access to te Omake mode, which change the story a bit.

Last edited by Der Langrisser; 2011-02-10 at 19:46.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:46   Link #47
moncikoma

which female char can u go on a date with?
Cathy? Grace? Also? Lol
Old 2011-02-10, 18:49   Link #48
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
Cathy? Grace? Also? Lol
I thought Grace was hot...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:42   Link #49
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
Cathy? Grace? Also? Lol
You can date Sheryl, Ranka, Nanase, Klan-Klan, the three original female pilots and the three original operators from the two previous game.
And if you use a female character, you can then date Alto, Michel, Luca, the three original male pilots and the original male operator.
The date gives you a CG of the character.

Also in Academy mode, most of the characters will appear in various outfits: maid uniform, butler outfit, Nyan-Nyan uniform, school swimsuit, swimsuit, civilian clothes, for some, Ex-Gear outfit, and obviously Mihoshi Academy uniforms.

Dating aside, the main interest of the Academy Mode is to create a character with good stats (it seems, at least for now, that stats can no longer be developed in Campaign Mode), and it gives plenty of Nyan-Nyan points when you achieve your playthrough (it gives me +118000 points the first time I finish it).

And if you want to have Sheryl as the vendor at the Nyan-Nyan shop, don't forget to hold Triangle when you go, as it was in MUF.
Old 2011-02-10, 20:57   Link #50
John117xCortana

How does the first date with Sheryl go ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:57   Link #51
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
How does the first date with Sheryl go ?
*Walks with a limp*

Ow, my back... my back...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-02-10, 22:49   Link #52
John117xCortana

What happens ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 00:29   Link #53
AlaAlba

I see.... so Sheryl dumped you and kicked you REALLY hard on your back, hum....

I dont feel nice to see a player dates Sheryl.... even if it's me who play (not that I can play it > >, someone want to throw away his PSP? I'll be your dust bin ).
isnt it much much better to make Alto as the player?

just the same like first Spice & Wolf nds game, I like the 2nd better cause in 2nd Lawrence is the player
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 07:50   Link #54
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
You can date Sheryl, Ranka, Nanase, Klan-Klan, the three original female pilots and the three original operators from the two previous game.

Hmmm...I've been resisting the games until now, but this...this might just push me over the edge...

Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 13:22   Link #55
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

I just completed the Omake route of Academy Mode, at the end you have two missions on board the YF-25. But before that, the Civilian route was boring, since Academy Mode follows the events of Macross Frontier, you end up in a shelter instead of fighting the Vajra because you don't join the Spacy or S.M.S.
The particularity of the Omake Mode is that your character hijacked in some ways the plans Grace, so there's no fight with the Vajra, and a certain skirt chaser avoid his untimely death.
Old 2011-02-11, 13:26   Link #56
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
I see.... so Sheryl dumped you and kicked you REALLY hard on your back, hum....
Actually, it involved whips, chains, candles, and a really big somethin... wait...

that was my fantasy talking, don't mind me...

- Tak

Old 2011-02-11, 17:09   Link #57
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
I dont feel nice to see a player dates Sheryl.... even if it's me who play (not that I can play it > >, someone want to throw away his PSP? I'll be your dust bin ).
isnt it much much better to make Alto as the player?
The only chance for us to go on a date with an awesome character like Sheryl appeared and you still prefer it to be some other guy.
Well too bad for you, cuz' I'm gonna date her... multiple times. Suffer in agony!
Old 2011-02-11, 17:47   Link #58
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Well too bad for you, cuz' I'm gonna date her... multiple times.
You know, for some odd reason that sounded very wrong...

- Tak

Old 2011-02-11, 20:07   Link #59
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know, for some odd reason that sounded very wrong...

- Tak
I know, and it should have sounded wrong. I wanted to give AlaAlba a shock but it will be a failure now
Old 2011-02-11, 20:43   Link #60
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
My copy of the Limited Edition finally arrived !

The UMD movie comes in two discs, one for the movie, and the second for the bonus which include some short anime scenes, a few in-universe commercial. Most of this disc (95min in lenght) is some kind of making-off and a report with our favourite evil troll director.
Tell us more about the bonus disc. Is it the making-of for the movie? Behind-the-scenes stuff like interviews with various staff and actual footage of animators at work?