AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-26, 21:27   Link #3221
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... then again, every manga out there has its faults. Don't forget, for all the other content in it, R+V is still shounen... so all the thousands of flaws that genre has are going to be found in this as well. Of course, the stuff that draws people to shounen (i.e., the fight scenes and some plot) is also in R+V... basically, if you like shounen, with fighting and a plot as well, then you'll like R+V. There's even quite a bit of romance in this as well

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 21:28   Link #3222
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... then again, every manga out there has its faults. Don't forget, for all the other content in it, R+V is still shounen... so all the thousands of flaws that genre has are going to be found in this as well. Of course, the stuff that draws people to shounen (i.e., the fight scenes and some plot) is also in R+V... basically, if you like shounen, with fighting and a plot as well, then you'll like R+V. There's even quite a bit of romance in this as well
Lets not forget a remarkable cast of characters. All made of pure win. well... except Yukari... she's just kinda there for the most part.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 21:37   Link #3223
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
True ture but people will get hung up on the faults if they are going to get hung on them in the first place, so it dose not hurt to moderate fanboy mode every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Lets not forget a remarkable cast of characters. All made of pure win. well... except Yukari... she's just kinda there for the most part.
I dunno Rubi is a secondary character, Yukari is the main pedo bait of the series but frankly I think there's not much more they can do they treated her both well and respectfully IMO.

More story on Outer Moka and Kumaru past would be nice but I suppose they are pretty developed enough...hehehe.

Mizroe is shinning in the current archs, Kokoa got alot of story time, perhaps Yukari could use more story time, I always enjoy good backstorys.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 22:09   Link #3224
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... and someone remind me why we're discussing the manga in the anime thread?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 22:11   Link #3225
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Because the anime sucks.*hides*

Any fans of the charatcers/setting should read the managa, but I suppose we have gone from plaid to whiny :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 22:20   Link #3226
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Onward back to the manga thread!
Old 2008-12-27, 00:25   Link #3227
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Quote:
Spoiler for ep 13:

that why i want the screen shot for that part 2 and other part where he turn into vamp
Old 2008-12-27, 04:56   Link #3228
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Old 2008-12-27, 05:54   Link #3229
lswift84
Project D!!!

I just finished watching this (got to watch season 1 and 2 over my time off from work) and i'm going to start reading the manga now that this was the last episode. Everything you guys have said gives me some hope that im in for something good (with the manga).
Spoiler:

Something about two of my favorite anime's this year with the male main character acting stupid {Tsuk. and Harima} (Harima proper btw not the one on the forum )
lswift84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 07:52   Link #3230
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Darn you, I totally forgot to post that up yesterday when I found it... Still, Moka and Kurumu make a great pair.
Old 2008-12-27, 08:36   Link #3231
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswift84 View Post
I just finished watching this (got to watch season 1 and 2 over my time off from work) and i'm going to start reading the manga now that this was the last episode. Everything you guys have said gives me some hope that im in for something good (with the manga).
Spoiler:

Something about two of my favorite anime's this year with the male main character acting stupid {Tsuk. and Harima} (Harima proper btw not the one on the forum )
Good good, happy to be of service

You'll be in for a real treat! Get to at least Chapter... 26, then give your impressions! I would like to hear it!
Old 2008-12-27, 12:25   Link #3232
cleed

kokoa spanking gif plz.
cleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 14:13   Link #3233
CGrascal

I actually agree with Zippy. People going on and on about "Manga's betta!" Blah! Blah! Blah! I found it just as uninspiring and folks hyping it to ridiculous proportions.
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 14:26   Link #3234
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
kokoa spanking gif plz.
I second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrascal View Post
I actually agree with Zippy. People going on and on about "Manga's betta!" Blah! Blah! Blah! I found it just as uninspiring and folks hyping it to ridiculous proportions.
I can't speak for others, and its merely my opinion just as everyone else is allowed to formulate such a thing. But, I've been keeping up with nearly every recent manga in the last year and R+V is IMO, the best manga to date. As the saying goes, "if you love something, express it." or something or another
Old 2008-12-27, 14:54   Link #3235
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
One week - I would have not minded if it was one week, but this was barely two days that Inner was out and Tsukune's all gung ho to get the rosario back and re-seal her. The way they portrayed him in the case in dealing with Inner Moka in ep 12 is the core of the issue I and a few others have with this animeTsukune. It's not as though Inner is possessing Outer's body here...Inner has more than enough right to say whether she wants to be re-sealed or not but Tsukune just goes and decides that he's going to seal her on his own? That's pretty much a slap in the face if anything else.
No you're wrong, it's been a week -> it's not like Tsukune never tried to live with the new situation. I haven't watched ep13 yet, but I really doubt Tsukune would seal Moka by force.
Old 2008-12-28, 05:32   Link #3236
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
WHAT?!! STILL NO MIZORE!!! BLASPHEMY!!!

Oh well at least it's a bikini picture.
Old 2008-12-28, 15:57   Link #3237
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I second that!

I can't speak for others, and its merely my opinion just as everyone else is allowed to formulate such a thing. But, I've been keeping up with nearly every recent manga in the last year and R+V is IMO, the best manga to date. As the saying goes, "if you love something, express it." or something or another
Well, although the manga is good, it really lost its touch. I am starting to feel like they are running out of ideas...
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 16:06   Link #3238
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Well, although the manga is good, it really lost its touch. I am starting to feel like they are running out of ideas...
How so? the most recent arc was completely epic with heart wrenching and edge of your seat events. (Continue through either the manga thread or by talking to me through the profile)
Old 2008-12-28, 16:09   Link #3239
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

If anyone wanted proof that this series is just a way to make money, then all you have to do is watch episode 13. Such poor writing and INSERT SONGS. So many of them when they're not even needed.

I was hating on Tsukune quite a bit after episode 12, though i guess i should direct all my hate to the writers --- it was even worse in this episode. I've said it before how Tsukune basically just walks all over the feelings of the three girls, especially Kurumu after she saved him in this episode. The worst part had to be when Tsukune said that he can't decide which girl he wants me be with, i mean what? It's so damn 100% completely obvious that he only has feelings for Moka, and he gets away with saying crap like that. Another is Tsukune saying he loves both Moka's because they're the same person --- that's not what he was saying during episode 12. I'm not even going to start on Tsukune's Vamp powers just appearing out of nowhere.

That's not the way a harem series is handled.

I like this series when it's not like this. It's a fun cast and that's what has had me coming back week after week to watch. But seriously, if we do see a third series and it's like this again, i'm just saying no.

Gonna start on the manga like i said within the next few weeks.
Old 2008-12-28, 16:12   Link #3240
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If anyone wanted proof that this series is just a way to make money, then all you have to do is watch episode 13. Such poor writing and INSERT SONGS. So many of them when they're not even needed.

I was hating on Tsukune quite a bit after episode 12, though i guess i should direct all my hate to the writers --- it was even worse in this episode. I've said it before how Tsukune basically just walks all over the feelings of the three girls, especially Kurumu after she saved him in this episode. The worst part had to be when Tsukune said that he can't decide which girl he wants me be with, i mean what? It's so damn 100% completely obvious that he only has feelings for Moka, and he gets away with saying crap like that. Another is Tsukune saying he loves both Moka's because they're the same person --- that's not what he was saying during episode 12. I'm not even going to start on Tsukune's Vamp powers just appearing out of nowhere.

That's not the way a harem series is handled.

I like this series when it's not like this. It's a fun cast and that's what has had me coming back week after week to watch. But seriously, if we do see a third series and it's like this again, i'm just saying no.

Gonna start on the manga like i said within the next few weeks.
I completely agree, the anime Tsukune is a complete douche, BURN THE BASTARD! and replace him with Epic Manga Tsukune.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire