AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-18, 21:09   Link #181
Jarmel

I thought the animation for 8 was on the lackluster side in the first half. Other than that I've glad we've FINALLY got some plot progression even though this probably should have happened a couple of months ago.

I'm rooting for Doll all the way. I have a thing for green hair.....

Last edited by Jarmel; 2009-12-18 at 21:24.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 21:12   Link #182
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I thought the animation for 8 was on the lackluster side in the first half. Other than that I've glad we've FINALLY got some plot progression even though this probably should have happened a couple of months ago.

I'm rooting for Doll all the way. I have a thing for green hair.....
Doll would be a fun one when she joins Kenshi eventially...

Oh, by the way, ep 10 aired in Japan. So keep your eyes out for the raw out there in the next few days.

And as for ep 11...
Spoiler for ep 11 info:
Old 2009-12-18, 21:24   Link #183
Jarmel

Btw can anyone confirm who's Tenchi's wives are. I have a very solid idea but confirmation in canon is always nice.
Old 2009-12-18, 21:47   Link #184
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Btw can anyone confirm who's Tenchi's wives are. I have a very solid idea but confirmation in canon is always nice.
Currently? Ryoko, Ayeka and Noike.
Sasami is hinted to still be in love with him, so she might still join them when she is older.

Oh, and the ep 10 raws are out.
Old 2009-12-18, 22:24   Link #185
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Currently? Ryoko, Ayeka and Noike.
Sasami is hinted to still be in love with him, so she might still join them when she is older.

Oh, and the ep 10 raws are out.
I'm not doubting your sources but I was wondering where you came across that as I have some free time and that would be a good read(to brush up on my backstory). Thanks for the info.
Old 2009-12-18, 22:29   Link #186
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I'm not doubting your sources but I was wondering where you came across that as I have some free time and that would be a good read(to brush up on my backstory). Thanks for the info.
The source is the official Tenchi doujins drawn by the author.

The same doujins, incidentally, that had at some stage told us about the preliminary designs of Isekai.

But we would get a confirmation sooner or later. Kenshi HAS to go back to Earth at some stage to visit his brother, even if it means in the epilogue.
Old 2009-12-18, 22:34   Link #187
vio5555

Quote:
He "married" all 7 of them in the doujinshi: Ayeka, Ryoko, Noike, Sasami, Mihosi, Washu, and Ryo-Ohki. Also worth noting that as of episode 17 of GXP that was the group that Seina joined for dinner, so it's basically accepted at that point that he's with all 7 since we're to assume they've been together in that final form of the harem since the end of the OVAs.

The doujinshi show all of them tied for his affections with equal scores of 100, so I think it's fair to say that canon is the full harem of 7 since all of the media we've seen show the same result. Also, Seina married Fuku so it would be sheer folly to assume that Ryo-Ohki wouldn't already be assumed to be married to Tenchi (she competes for him in the manga storyline).
Spoiler for Tenchi's 7 'Common Law' Wives:

Seina on the other hand was ordered to marry the 5 of them and the other 4 forced their way in so he ended up with 9 (all a part of Seto's plans for galactic domination).
Spoiler for Seina's 9 Wives:

Also, for those of you who haven't yet seen or don't remember; here's a picture of Tenchi's dad and mom pregnant with Kenshi:
Spoiler for Months Before Kenshi Was Born GXP 17:

Also, one final point; Kenshi refers to his "sisters" which means all 7 of Tenchi's girls.

Last edited by vio5555; 2009-12-18 at 22:47.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 22:42   Link #188
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The doujinshi show all 7 of them tied for his affections with equal scores of 100, so I think it's fair to say that canon is the full harem due to the mangas and GXP showing the same result.
Actually, GXP was BEFORE Tenchi's marriages, so you can't use that as proof. He didn't marry anyone yet during GXP.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:00   Link #189
vio5555

Quote:
Actually, GXP was BEFORE Tenchi's marriages, so you can't use that as proof. He didn't marry anyone yet during GXP.
Yeah I realized that after, but the point still stands about all of them being tied for his affections.

I doubt that's changed in this series unless we see otherwise. I guess at this point it's left up to interpretation since Ryo-Ohki and Sasami would be old enough now, but I'm just going to assume for now that Kenshi's referring to all 7 as his sisters.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:09   Link #190
Jarmel

Wait so did he marry all 7 then?
Old 2009-12-18, 23:37   Link #191
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Yeah I realized that after, but the point still stands about all of them being tied for his affections.

I doubt that's changed in this series unless we see otherwise. I guess at this point it's left up to interpretation since Ryo-Ohki and Sasami would be old enough now, but I'm just going to assume for now that Kenshi's referring to all 7 as his sisters.
Quote:
Wait so did he marry all 7 then?
Officially Kenshi only married 3. This could change later, but that's what we know. On that note, Mihoshi is left out of the marriage possibility likely because of something hinted at in GXP; she is away from Earth nearly all the time. This long absence really prevented there to be anything more than friendship.

Officially Tenchi has one son and one daughter. The Daughter's mother is Ryoko, the son's maternity is not mentioned.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:47   Link #192
Newhope

The sisters Kenshi mentions are:

Mihoshi (The one that breaks things)
Sasami (Expert at housework)
Ryoko (The sister terrible at housework)
Washu (Mad scientist)
Ayeka (compared to Lithia)

I don't think Noike or Ryo-Ohki are mentioned anywhere yet. It's been at least 16 years since the end of the events in the OVAs and there still living with Tenshi so it's pretty safe to presume they've since married.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 23:53   Link #193
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post

Washu (Mad scientist)

I don't think Noike or Ryo-Ohki are mentioned anywhere yet. It's been at least 16 years since the end of the events in the OVAs and there still living with Tenshi so it's pretty safe to presume they've since married.
Well he does talk about the spaceship; Ryo-Ohki's true form. By now though Ryo-Ohki's going to look like she's in her 20s, so who knows if Kenshi realizes that Ryo-Ohki is also the spaceship (he probably doesn't).
Old 2009-12-18, 23:58   Link #194
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Washu (Mad scientist)

I am not denying that they are living together, but marriage is a whole different beast. And 16 years is nothing; people in the Tenchi metaverse can flirt for hundreds of years before they marry. For example Airi, Yosho's current wife, had known him before he went to Earth.

They are family. That's important. But Kenshi would have called all of them sisters regardless of their marital status.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:23   Link #195
[Shijima]
Lazy SOB

Quote:

Washu (Mad scientist)

If the show's working how I think it is, and each time he's referring to a different person when talking about his sisters, I think Noike would be the one who's an expert at housework with Sasami being the one he helps in the kitchen.

Spoiler for episode 10:
[Shijima] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 00:41   Link #196
vio5555

Quote:
I am not denying that they are living together, but marriage is a whole different beast. And 16 years is nothing; people in the Tenchi metaverse can flirt for hundreds of years before they marry. For example Airi, Yosho's current wife, had known him before he went to Earth.

They are family. That's important. But Kenshi would have called all of them sisters regardless of their marital status.
I would have to guess though that Isekai is going to put its own official spin on the canon. Kenshi hasn't referred to any nephews or nieces which he would have under some of the doujinshi, and I still think it's safe to assume that Tenchi's treating all 7 equally (post-GXP) until we see confirmation to the otherwise. (Plus, I still haven't seen any canon that refers to anything other than him getting intimate with them on Earth/Jurai, marriage would be a step past that and it's not even clear if the girls would really push him to an official marriage selectively).
Old 2009-12-19, 00:49   Link #197
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I would have to guess though that Isekai is going to put its own official spin on the canon. Kenshi hasn't referred to any nephews or nieces which he would have under some of the doujinshi, and I still think it's safe to assume that Tenchi's treating all 7 equally (post-GXP) until we see confirmation to the otherwise. (Plus, I still haven't seen any canon that refers to anything other than him getting intimate with them on Earth/Jurai, marriage would be a step past that and it's not even clear if the girls would really push him to an official marriage selectively).
Tenchi's children are not mentioned in the same timeline as Kenshi's debut. So it might well be that the children have not yet been conceived by the time of Kenshi's time.

(Tench's son will one day marry the sister of the FIRST Jurai emperor. That's a mind-boggling age gap...)
Old 2009-12-19, 00:52   Link #198
Key001

Quote:
Officially Kenshi only married 3. This could change later, but that's what we know. On that note, Mihoshi is left out of the marriage possibility likely because of something hinted at in GXP; she is away from Earth nearly all the time. This long absence really prevented there to be anything more than friendship.
Care to elaborate on who the 3 young ladies are that were married to Kenshi?
Key001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 00:53   Link #199
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key001 View Post
He was referring to Tenchi.

Although it's still up in the air who Tenchi married; obviously it's a subset of the 7 girls; we're just not certain on which because the doujinshi/manga are very opaque.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:56   Link #200
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key001 View Post
I mentioned TENCHI's wives just earlier. Ryoko, Ayeka and Noike.

Ryoko and Ayaka you know. But as far as Noike...
Spoiler for Massive complicated side stoy: