Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-15, 17:05   Link #14521
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
There seems to be a lot of inconsistency here. Ikeda better be careful as he continues on. It's important to keep a continuum.

I'm a sucker for pink and purple hair sometimes. But with Moka, I prefer the silver simply because her hair is not pink. It's brown. The anime changed it to pink and that's what stuck. Stupid anime.
Not to mention they fail to capture the true beauty of Moka in the anime. She's way more beautiful in the manga. And her voice... I always thought it was too deep.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 17:29   Link #14522
kitten320

^Well if you look at the begining of manga, when it just started... I wouldn't call her a huge beauty
Anime version looked far better than that... and duno, I was kinda fine with her voice
Old 2010-06-15, 17:38   Link #14523
GrimJack

One thing I loved was how Moka loved the teddy bear (bunny rabbit) she got from Kahlua. It reminded me of when she bought another stuffed toy during the "date" with Tsukune in Chapter 16.

It is nice to see the cute side of Moka here before all hell breaks loose next chapter.

Last edited by GrimJack; 2010-06-15 at 21:41.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 19:02   Link #14524
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
One thing I loved was how Moka loved the teddy bear (bunny rabbit) she got from Kahlua. It reminded me of when she bought another stuffed toy during the "date" with Tsukune in Chapter 16.

It is nice to see the cute side of Moka here before all hell breaks loose next chapter.
I thought that was a parody to Needless about Mio's teddy bear.

But yea, looking forward to next ch.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 19:55   Link #14525
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Here's a wild theory for y'all regarding Tsukune- when he first got the Holy lock from the Headmaster, his words were "this lock wasn't meant for you"... or something similar. We all saw that Hokuto had the same type of lock and assumed it was because Hokuto is a mixture of human and whatever Kiria is but... what if he really meant that the lock isn't designed for those who have Shinso blood running through them? I figure the Headmaster might know how to seal a regular vampire, but it took all three of them to simply seal Alucard, and since Tsukune might have Shinso blood in him, that's the reason why the Holy Lock would shatter whenever the power was tapped into

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 20:05   Link #14526
kagato3

I've been seeing everyone saying Akuha sent Moka away but there is a good chance that Akuha didn't know Moka came back. Another thing is that it sounds as if Akasha may not have planed on staying at the house as Gyokuro, Kahlua and Koka's mother, was comeing back and that was one of the main reasons to have Moka leave in the first place.

And yes the theme naming continues
Gyokuro (玉露) is a fine and expensive type of green tea from Japan. It differs from the standard green tea known as sencha (煎茶), because it is grown under the shade rather than the full sun.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 20:13   Link #14527
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Not to mention they fail to capture the true beauty of Moka in the anime. She's way more beautiful in the manga. And her voice... I always thought it was too deep.
Nooo...the voice is great. Mizuki Nana has a wonderful voice. Although there is little variation in her acting, it's still a pretty voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Well if you look at the begining of manga, when it just started... I wouldn't call her a huge beauty
Anime version looked far better than that... and duno, I was kinda fine with her voice
All character designs change as mangas continue. Mainly because the author perfects them and all. But here I think the designs are nice and simply to match the light hearted nature of the manga. As it got serious, the designs and all were more detailed. And if it is coincidence, then it's a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post

Cute Outer Moka is super win. Her blushing face will melt any guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
And yes the theme naming continues
Gyokuro (玉露) is a fine and expensive type of green tea from Japan. It differs from the standard green tea known as sencha (煎茶), because it is grown under the shade rather than the full sun.
Ahh..that's good to know. Thanks for that one.
Old 2010-06-15, 20:14   Link #14528
Johnny
Working the bags...

Tsukune having Shinso blood would be a way to have him powered-up enough to be a challenge to some higher level bosses...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 20:59   Link #14529
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Well, there are many possible explanations to this ... at this point of time ... we simply don't know what the Headmaster meant by saying that Tsukune's seal wasn't designed foe him.

Though I think you could be right Magin, by saying that the Holy Lock wasn't designed for someone who has Shinso blood in his veins, since seals that are as complicated as Moka's Rosario and are able to contain the power of a Shinso vampire are pretty rare to find ... not to mention complicated to create and Tsukune's Holy Lock doesn't appear to be as complicated as Moka's Rosario ... probably will see something being revealed about this later in the story ... if it's true that Tsukune has acquired the power's of a Shinso vampire ... since we still don't know that for sure, since so far there isin't anything being mentioned about Moka becoming a Shinso vampire, by taking the blood of Akasha..

Well, since we are already discussing the topic of Shinso vampires ... I thought that it might be possible that after a vampire obtains the blood of a Shinso vampire, he still needs time to adapt to it ... I mean we are talking about an ordinary vampire gaining the power of a much more stronger individual then the vampire who obtained the blood of a Shinso vampire and injected into his veins. So wouldn't it be strange that the vampire who takes the blood of a much more stronger being then him ... is easily able to wield that power without any repercussions, because for me it doesn't seem likely.

What I suspect is that after a vampire takes the blood of a Shinso vampire ... the vampire's body is unable to take such potent blood inside, not to mention that ... since the blood of a Shinso vampire could easily take control over the body of a weaker ordinary vampire ... leading to that vampires death or degeneration into a Ghoul . Even if a vampire manages to pull through this he probably still needs time for his body to adapt to the injected Shinso vampire blood, not to mention that the vampire who has absorbed the blood of a true ancestor, still needs time to manage to control the power's of a Shinso vampire.

Simply, said I believe the process of obtaining the power's of a Shinso vampire isn't easy, not to mention that very risky and dangerous as well, and even if you manage to pull through this, you're body still needs time to adjust to the newly gained power's ... which could be the reason why Akuha hasn't put her plan of achieving world into action yet. (If she gained the power's of a Shinso vampire from Akasha of course )
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 21:11   Link #14530
kitten320

Well I never said that I minded the changes, they actually are 10 times better now

Mine idea is that anime graphics looked better than those at the begining of manga
Old 2010-06-15, 21:30   Link #14531
Xion Valkyrie

Either Moka can change clothes instantly or Vampires don't mind stripping in front of other people
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 21:32   Link #14532
Shadow5YA

So it looks like the rosary just split Moka's personalities. The kind and cute personality that Outer Moka has now was shown in the original (Inner) Moka as a child. Her pride as a vampire and the serious side that let her deal with the dark, barbaric side of vampire culture was left with the original (Inner) Moka.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 22:03   Link #14533
kitten320

Looks like it, though her good side sure was taken out to extreme messures...

By the way, I was thinking here about why anime looked so horrible... like for example the 2nd season ending... maybe author was making testing at some point to see people reaction and decide which way to take the story?
Old 2010-06-16, 01:01   Link #14534
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
.. the author pretty much gives the company the source material to work with, and then the company has their way with it

though... it does look like Ikeda-sensei drew on a few elements from the anime (as I've seen other authors do)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 01:43   Link #14535
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
.. the author pretty much gives the company the source material to work with, and then the company has their way with it

though... it does look like Ikeda-sensei drew on a few elements from the anime (as I've seen other authors do)
They tend to do that if the anime seems popular enough. It's a move that authors attempt to capture anime-only fans to read the manga as well. It could be a double-edged sword if readers don't like the anime tho but that doesn't happen all the time, otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about R+V
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 02:28   Link #14536
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well thankfully he changed anime Daddy Starbucks to manga Issa

And truthfully, I don't think that Moka would have that deep of a voice as portrayed in the anime, but an octave or two lower than Outer's seems about right.
Old 2010-06-16, 02:44   Link #14537
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Makes me wonder though....Moka loli didn't fight nor put up a fight in the flashback memories, then when Inner Moka was released by Tsukune she already fights using her kicks. Gotta wonder if she was training within the limiter cross.
Old 2010-06-16, 03:02   Link #14538
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well thankfully he changed anime Daddy Starbucks to manga Issa

And truthfully, I don't think that Moka would have that deep of a voice as portrayed in the anime, but an octave or two lower than Outer's seems about right.
That would make Ura-chan sound pretty normal. If going by the anime, I always thought that Omote's voice was way too high.

But...I don't ever remember it being said anywhere in the manga that Moka's voice changes pitch when she transforms. I do remember that it mentions that her tone changes - she speaks with a colder, less emotional tone than Omote. As Tsukune described it, "Cold yet kind."

Last edited by FriedRice84; 2010-06-17 at 19:31. Reason: Links removed, my bad!
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 03:21   Link #14539
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Makes me wonder though....Moka loli didn't fight nor put up a fight in the flashback memories, then when Inner Moka was released by Tsukune she already fights using her kicks. Gotta wonder if she was training within the limiter cross.
It was already implied that Moka could fight since long before she got the Rosary. Remember that she was persistently fighting Kokoa. It's more than likely she had been trained before her powers were sealed.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 05:04   Link #14540
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
It was already implied that Moka could fight since long before she got the Rosary. Remember that she was persistently fighting Kokoa. It's more than likely she had been trained before her powers were sealed.
Still though makes me wonder why there was no scene of her fighting at her loli age. N ot counting the first manga season.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire