AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 12 10.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 32.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 32.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 14.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.71%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-22, 10:07   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Lucky Star - Episode 03 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 03.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Absolutely no spoilers for future events from the manga in the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the game or manga, then PM them. Any spoilers, even under the spoiler tags, that reveals future events will be deleted.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread.

Spoiler tags still can be used where one deems appropriate. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags as they are shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how how grandma does it.
or
The macho way: By writing those l33t vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=the reason for *your* spoiler]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for reminder:
Old 2007-04-22, 10:24   Link #2
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

About the ED for this episode...
Spoiler for ED song:
Old 2007-04-22, 10:26   Link #3
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Spoiler for ED song:
Hirano sings that in her more natural tone. I wonder will we see a full version of that should she choose to release an album in the future.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:32   Link #4
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Spoiler for ED song:
Spoiler for ED song:
Old 2007-04-22, 10:34   Link #5
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

KyoAni Trademark Spotted :-

Kagami fanservice in this Ep.
Old 2007-04-22, 11:05   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Just to clarify, Sorega Ai Deshou is licensed out by Flight Master. I actually really like the song in Super Robot Wars W. They probably are going to do new songs from now on since I bet people they knew people were going to be chaffing at all the older music.
Old 2007-04-22, 11:06   Link #7
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Just finished watching it... another great ep. Apart from the reference in the ED karaoke song, there is also...
Spoiler for anime references in ep 3:
It's too bad my knowledge of Japanese isn't quite good enough to understand everything, but this ep was certainly on par with ep 2 in terms of jokes, IMHO.
Old 2007-04-22, 11:08   Link #8
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Ep 3 is 95% Konata X Kagami. Of course, Kagami suffers most of the recieving end of jokes in this Ep.

PS :- Konata p0wnz Kagami in Quiz and Puzzle Games, surprisingly. But not by cheating......

PSS :- Will we see a full version of God Knows as the ED in the future ? God Knows.
Old 2007-04-22, 11:14   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Ep 3 is 95% Konata X Kagami. Of course, Kagami suffers most of the recieving end of jokes in this Ep.

PS :- Konata p0wnz Kagami in Quiz and Puzzle Games, surprisingly. But not by cheating......

PSS :- Will we see a full version of God Knows as the ED in the future ? God Knows.
I'd be willing to bet its next episode. Then Lost My Music, Then Hare Hare Yukai, Then Bouken Deshou Deshou, Then the Kanon Theme, Then the Kanon ending, Then the Air ending, Then the Full Metal Panic Second Raid Opening, Then the last episode will probably advertise the Clannad Theme. I'm pretty sure they are done with the old themes from metal hero shows and are just going to advertise the older shows they worked on now. My gut tells me so.

Mind telling me if the Quiz and Puzzle Game is one of those arcade machines with limited questions, or Quiz and Puzzle Game about stuff she digs.

And wait.... since when is fanservice a Kyoto Animation trademark and since when do they really engage in it to a degree that makes them famous for it. I'd have to say they seem to be on the lower end of the fanservice stick when it comes to animation companies. That doesn't say it isn't probably going to probably make my day depending on what it is. Loli(ish?) fanservice Huzzah!
Old 2007-04-22, 11:24   Link #10
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Kagami fanservice in this Ep.
I'm not sure if you could really call that fanservice though... only her shoulders + bra straps are visible...
Old 2007-04-22, 11:26   Link #11
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
I'm not sure if you could really call that fanservice though... only her shoulders + bra straps are visible...
I'm sure a few fans will drool to that nontheless...
Old 2007-04-22, 11:36   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
I am almost can't wait .

That's about as much fanservice as we are liable to get out of Kyoto Animation. Even Haruhi just barely had that cave scene and the bunny suit which never really seemed to show above or below the waistline. I wonder if Key's low ecchi count for games style has rubbed off on their partners style of animation. If there is much fanservice in Fumoffu and Second Raid, which I haven't started yet, I'm willing to bet a fair bit it was in one of the episodes that was written and directed by one of the three or so other companies involved.
Old 2007-04-22, 11:53   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A few new songs in the ED would be okay... but part of the charm of the very old themes Kona sings is:
1) they're obscure to most viewers (otaku win)
2) they're terrible and she sings them so wonderfully terribly

I'm not sure what "trademark KyoAni fanservice" means either..... A bare-shouldered Kagami (bra/straps) is pretty tasteful if thats what she's doing (changing shirts, etc) -- no more than Nayuki doing the same in Kanon. Basically tasteful, in context, and normally what people do: is *that* "Kyoani fanservice"?
I'm beginning to think the term "fan service" has completely lost its original meaning.... at some point the *existence* of the series is fanservice, eh?
Old 2007-04-22, 11:53   Link #14
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
If there is much fanservice in Fumoffu and Second Raid, which I haven't started yet, I'm willing to bet a fair bit it was in one of the episodes that was written and directed by one of the three or so other companies involved.
There is not much fan service in every episode of FMP:F or FMP TSR, but in certain episodes there is loads of it. In the first five minutes of the FMP TSR OVA for example, we get to see Tessa in underwear and under the shower (and they show about as much as they can without turning FMP into soft-hentai or something)... so KyoAni is definitely not shy of fan service.

But we're getting off-topic here, this thread is about Lucky Star ep 3
Old 2007-04-22, 12:05   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
boy this is jut one of those series where you cant understand the cracks without the subs =.= so skipping ahead to the end song ~
Spoiler:

looking forward to watching this

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-22, 12:06   Link #16
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
KyoAni Trademark Spotted :-
You mean this one?

Old 2007-04-22, 12:33   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
There is not much fan service in every episode of FMP:F or FMP TSR, but in certain episodes there is loads of it. In the first five minutes of the FMP TSR OVA for example, we get to see Tessa in underwear and under the shower (and they show about as much as they can without turning FMP into soft-hentai or something)... so KyoAni is definitely not shy of fan service.

But we're getting off-topic here, this thread is about Lucky Star ep 3
Eh, still don't consider the FMP adaptation to be written entirely by Kyoto Animation, but they didn't refuse to animate the scenes so I guess it's true they aren't shy about it. If they were the chief director who is from Kyoto Animation and Shoji Gatoh would have turned it down. As I said I'm willing to bet those certain episodes are the ones written by the other Film Partner companies.

Back on topic. Now what's this scene in the spoiler tag here. I don't see any fanservice or a trademark there. Vexx also mentioned the term losing its original meaning which I agree with. In its original context Fanservice is something that the companies do to please fans and win easy support without having much bearing on the important details of the series (Which in Kyoto Animations case would almost be their Modus Operandi from the get go since they frequently have poll asking what people want them to do next for a series. I find they customize their shows very much to their bases tastes so as to be fan pleasing throughout. It's a no fail strategy really). Anyway for the traditional meaning of fanservice, even something such as the shiny glint on the metal of a mecha that is deliberately made apparent to the audience would qualify as fanservice. Rie Kugimiya's trademark "Urasai" or "Spaz Freak" would also be her doing fan service for her fans. The vast majority of it though has been showing skin so its come to refer to that exclusively these days. I unfortunately haven't seen episode 3 yet so I can't comment on the "fanservice" throughout, but if that spoiler pic is it, I have no idea what they are doing other than showing the back of a characters head.
Old 2007-04-22, 12:33   Link #18
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I know, rather unnecessary, but I love this OP:

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu OP

I dare you not to loop this one .

Last edited by Nemo_N; 2007-04-22 at 21:52.
Old 2007-04-22, 12:43   Link #19
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
I know, rather unnecessary, but I love this OP:

I dare you not to loop this one .
Meh. I prefer the off vocal version in Super Robot Wars W. The singer just gets a bit too nasalish for my tastes in certain parts of the song. I've never been a big fan of any of the songs featured in series Kyoto Animation has animated, they are aimed at a very specific group that doesn't include me. I wish I could upload a clip of the version I'm talking about, but its a DS game.

Once again though a theme song is overshadowing the actual episode which is what this topic is here to discuss. I'd ask if this could possibly be moved to the music discussion forum and discussion pertaining to music might be discussed there exclusively if possible. What do the moderators say?
Old 2007-04-22, 12:52   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Okay, I'm hooked. I liked the "Good Job," Konata's face coming closer and closer to Kagami and the viewer, Konata pwning at even a quiz game (questions not shown, but it was Kagami's game and she expected to win), and Aaya's beautiful singing in the ED. I think she'd probably had enough of singling badly and had to do a good one. (She likes Avril, but I like her singing softer songs better than rock.) I expect we'll hear others singing now, since didn't they say at the end of the first episode that Kona-chan grabbed the first three songs? And there isn't the least doubt that this ED will show up in full version on a CD. I'd be shocked if there weren't character CDs for this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread