Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 19:34   Link #1841
YF19EX

Sounds like Zentran to me...
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 20:53   Link #1842
August138

The Germanic languages are a sub-branch of the Indo-European language family spoken by Germanic peoples. The common ancestor of all of the languages in this branch is called Proto-Germanic (also known as Common Germanic), which was spoken in approximately the mid-1st millennium BC in Iron Age northern Europe. Proto-Germanic, along with all of its descendants, is characterized by a number of unique linguistic features, most famously the consonant change known as Grimm's law. Early varieties of Germanic enter history with the Germanic tribes moving south from northern Europe in the 2nd century BC, to settle in north-central Europe.

The most widely spoken Germanic languages are English and German, with approximately 300–400 million and over 100 million native speakers respectively. They belong to the West Germanic family. The West Germanic group also includes other major languages, such as Dutch with 23 million and Afrikaans with over 6 million native speakers. The North Germanic languages include Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, and Faroese, which have a combined total of about 20 million speakers.[6] The SIL Ethnologue lists 53 different Germanic languages.

Read more, here...
Old 2013-03-18, 02:23   Link #1843
FerrusManus

Has someone of you a translation of the technical data from the mecha section of the official page? I would like to know more about the ships armaments.

Thanks in advance.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 02:40   Link #1844
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Aside from using something like a google translator and some knowledge of the previous version, no I've not seen a full translation of the mech pages after the first few.

Any specific ones?
Old 2013-03-18, 02:55   Link #1845
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Aside from using something like a google translator and some knowledge of the previous version, no I've not seen a full translation of the mech pages after the first few.

Any specific ones?
I am particularly interested in the Gaiderol-class Astro Battleship and the Fighter craft (both of them).
Old 2013-03-18, 03:25   Link #1846
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gaiderol-class Astro Battleship

350 meters long.

Has three 330mm three barrel turrets (two on top and one on bottom)
It also has four 280mm turrets (three barrel as well) all to the rear (matching up with the fins in position).
It has lots of point defense batteries (32). Most around the bridge (6 more).
The page says it has 12 missile tubes forward and 11 on the bottom. However a count of the missile tubes on the image gives us between 33 and 36 missile tubes (depending on if the three ports in the bow are missile tubes as well).

The Cosmo Falcon is 15.9 meters long.

It is armed with six cannons in the wing roots and two smaller guns under the nose. It has eight hardpoint that are unclosed. It says it can be armed with Anti-Air, Anti-ship, and ground attack weapons. Though I don't know how that would look as we've only see it armed with anti-air missiles. One might assume they had ant-ship or ground attack weapons when they went after Pluto, but I don't think we saw them.

The Cosmo Zero is 16.9 meters long

It has a large cannon in the nose (if the display is accurate, it has ten shots). I also has four smaller guns under the nose.

It has six hardpoints and can carry Anti-ship, Anti-air, and ground attack weapons, as well as external fuel tanks (though those seem to always take up two of the hardpoints. One might guess it could do without for a short mission, but we've not seen one without the tanks yet). From the model we see that the Anti-Air missiles for the Cosmo Zero are loaded three per hardpoint while the Anti-ship/ground missiles are one per hardpoint.

The Type 100 search boat appears to be unarmed (or there is no mention of armament in the description) The notes say that after their run in with Frakken they added prototype subspace sonar to the Type 100 so it can do Submarine detection (they have no means of attacking a dimentional submarines at this time).
Old 2013-03-18, 03:30   Link #1847
FerrusManus

Thanks a lot, this is very insightful. By the way, I meant the Gamillas fighters (I should've written that), but the Falcon and Zero are interesting too.
Old 2013-03-18, 03:48   Link #1848
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oh. Those are trickier. This is what I get out of the information given:

DDG110 Zedora II

17.2 meters long.

Two 7.9mm machine nose guns.
Two 13mm guns
Four 47mm Cannons
Six Anti-air missiles
Most of these are in the pods on the side

DWG262 Tsvualke

15.58 meters long
7.5 meters wide

Six 13mm guns (nose and wing)
Four 30mm Cannons (pods)
Six Anti-air missiles (pods)

The other two craft don't have enough information save observation.
Old 2013-03-18, 03:55   Link #1849
FerrusManus

Thanks. So the Zedora is some kind of fighter bomber, and the Tsvualke is an interceptor.

And you're right, there is very little information on the recon craft and the flying wing. Other than the fact that the flying wing uses Air-to-Ground missiles and has six cannons.

PS: If you look at the trailer for Chapter 5, you could also see some of the flying wings in the formation. I think they are some kind of attack bomber.
Old 2013-03-18, 13:14   Link #1850
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The flying wings were always strike fighters in the old show. The Zedora was the attack bomber as we saw it rarely. The major use was to depth charge Yamato on Pluto. The next time was to be the craft they captured to get their first live Gamilas.
Old 2013-03-21, 16:44   Link #1851
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The list of singing talent being added to Project Yamato 2199 goes up evey few days it seems like.

http://yamato2199.net/tv_allstars/index.html
Old 2013-03-21, 19:41   Link #1852
macdawson

Wish they were that forthcoming with info about the show itself. Not a single update on the characters or mecha pages, no news about upcoming merchandise or the new episodes... The only worthy recent update was the reveal of the cover of the episode 15 storyboard booklet.

macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 21:11   Link #1853
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I imagine they are going to try to hype up the TV broadcast before the theater release, since they happen a week apart from each other.
Old 2013-03-22, 06:29   Link #1854
macdawson

But that's my point. They're not hyping the show. They're hyping the OP song and the supposedly amazing ensemble that will sing it!!! And this is getting ridiculous. They've anounced yet another artist, bringing the current count to 11. So what, are they going to sing a word each? Or will they form a super chorus of sorts? Right upfront, i don't like the idea of making a different OP for the TV broadcast, period. After all the talk about keeping the "yamato flavour" and other similar terms they go and change the OP in the TV airing to appeal to a younger audience?! Crap, keep the original, THAT'S YAMATO! And with all this Yamato Project Bla-bla-bla i'm even more certain of that. I only hope that the theatrical releases don't suffer because of this. It would be a pity if what has been a top notch production so far, would fall victim of this trend to please the TV audience. Maybe i'm alone in this concern but fact is we're 3 weeks away from the theatrical release of Chapter 5 and all we hear is OP music news. Even the TV release itself has gotten nothing in it's page beyond the inicial post. Hope all this changes, fast.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 08:22   Link #1855
FerrusManus

I have question about the Gamilian empire: Do we know anything about it from the time before Dessler? I assume he is not the first emperor or leader, and that he either inherited it from his father or overthrow the former goverment.
Old 2013-03-22, 11:22   Link #1856
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In the curreny series? We know about nothing before Dessler. We know he has ruled for 103 local years. We know there is some sort of old style nobility that once had more power as suggested by Zoellick's backstory/reason to be plotting against Dessler.

There is obviously some connection with Iscandar, but it is sort of nebulous presently.

The older series had the having once been part of a larger species from the Milky Way that were explorerers in the European sense of the word. They arrived at present day Gamilus so far in the past these roots are legendary at best.
Old 2013-03-22, 13:54   Link #1857
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
In the curreny series? We know about nothing before Dessler. We know he has ruled for 103 local years. We know there is some sort of old style nobility that once had more power as suggested by Zoellick's backstory/reason to be plotting against Dessler.

There is obviously some connection with Iscandar, but it is sort of nebulous presently.

The older series had the having once been part of a larger species from the Milky Way that were explorerers in the European sense of the word. They arrived at present day Gamilus so far in the past these roots are legendary at best.
Thanks for the information.

But the local year on Gamilus seems to be very short, because he is only 32 earth years old.
Old 2013-03-22, 14:06   Link #1858
Vito
Asshole.

Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 14:28   Link #1859
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
I have question about the Gamilian empire: Do we know anything about it from the time before Dessler? I assume he is not the first emperor or leader, and that he either inherited it from his father or overthrow the former goverment.
Dessler's Uncle established the empire and Dessler unified it — according to the legend in one of the movie program books. I wrote about this on FB last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
But that's my point. They're not hyping the show. They're hyping the OP song and the supposedly amazing ensemble that will sing it!!!
That is hyping the show — this is a big deal. I mean, all of their marketing strategies have been brilliant so far... this seems to go right for the target audience they are aiming at for the television broadcast.

Quote:
And this is getting ridiculous. They've anounced yet another artist, bringing the current count to 11.
It's not "getting ridiculous" — they announced from the beginning that there would be 31 artists participating.

Quote:
Or will they form a super chorus of sorts?
Yes.

Quote:
Right upfront, i don't like the idea of making a different OP for the TV broadcast, period.
Where did they say their doing a completely new theme song? Because they aren't — unless I missed something — they're doing a new version of the time-honored classic. And anyhow, who the hell cares? We've got the Theatrical and Home Video versions — the TV version doesn't alter or change them at all. So, take a deep breath... and relax.
Old 2013-03-22, 14:49   Link #1860
Aule

Quote:

Spoiler for Yurisha's mind triangle:
Spoiler for Yurisha's mind triangle:
Aule is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato