AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 20 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 22.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-25, 13:02   Link #61
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I think it might look prettier in some ways, but I think constraints can also fuel creativity. What the show does with a limited budget is really good, and I wonder what choices in character design, scenes shown/not shown, etc., that came about because they only had so much money/time to spend making the show. Would probably make for a cool commentary or mini-documentary, or something.

On the episode itself, I loved the fight, and the meta discussion was interesting. I loved how Mako stood up to Gamagoori, but what struck me was Ryoko's comment about Satsuki. I don't think she just meant the uniform. Satsuki has people loyal to her, willing to die for her goals, but are any of them actually her friends? I think Satsuki is more like the Osaka leader than she'd care to admit. The only difference, imo, is her pretty words.

The generals might believe themselves to be Satsuki's companions, but is the feeling mutual? I wonder.
I'd say that while Ryoko has friends, Satsuki has followers. Sure she has some pretty loyal followers but they still wouldn't ever dare to consider themselves her friends. Hence she sits alone at the top while Ryoko is pushed up by those who are close to her (namely Mako).
Old 2014-01-25, 16:07   Link #62
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
http://i.imgur.com/NFXinYy.jpg Aww poor Mako, she thought Ryuko was talking about her! She really does get the short end of the stick in this series, haha..

Satsuki called having a symbiotic relationship with the Kamui a fairytale... But this got me thinking. Nobody but Ryuko can hear Senketsu's voice. Would it be right to assume that Satsuki is the only one who can hear Junketsu's voice? I think it's not that far-fetched to assume that Junketsu is also sentient. But if that's true, then the relationship Satsuki has with Junketsu must be very different. Rather than friends, it's as if Satsuki has conquered Junketsu as a servant. Perhaps Junketsu resents Satsuki, or perhaps there's some kind of unseen malice within it, as foreshadowed by what Nudist Beach has been saying all this time.

A lot to consider!
The show actually tells you all you need to know about Ryuko and Satsuki's relationships with their respective kamui, in two short sentences:

"Life-fiber synchronize, Kamui Senketsu!"

"Life-fiber override, Kamui Junketsu!"
Old 2014-01-25, 17:57   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
http://i.imgur.com/NFXinYy.jpg Aww poor Mako, she thought Ryuko was talking about her! She really does get the short end of the stick in this series, haha..
She looked heartbroken afterwards. Poor Mako, her one and only friend cares more about a piece of clothing than her. I really thought Ryuko was going to mention both Senkentsu and Mako, but nope
Old 2014-01-25, 17:59   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well she always has Gamagoori.
Old 2014-01-25, 18:03   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well she always has Gamagoori.
I'm rooting for this pairing. Actually, I'd love to see Mako sort of reform Gamagoori if Satsuki ends up being the main antagonist.
Old 2014-01-25, 18:06   Link #66
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I view this episode as a flashy but ruthless match between Ryuko and Satsuki; she got all of Senketsu back, and Ryuko landed a hit on Satsuki. However, I feel that as much as Satsuki's pride got damaged, nevertheless, her stubborness did not wane a little bit.

I do more or less understand the raid on the tri-City school trip, but if I got things right again her objective was two-fold all along: Satsuki wanted as well to crush all of Nudist Beache's HQ in a single swipe, and for that she allowed their actions behind-the-scenes at Kanto and also for that goal the 4 Kings were instrumental.

I felt that Ryuko's win was marginal at best, and Satsuki again got to ripe all the rewards.

Furthermore, I want to apologize to Ryuko for her whining throughout the show. After watching this episode, I now understand her whining isn't the problem. Satsuki's philosophical, warrior-like approach to rule all of the schools has begun to be annoying. I guess in anime those type of character tropes make for a great impression which usually back it up with immense power and mastery. Still, I feel Ryuko must sooner or later deflate Satsuki's ego.

That and teach that Nonon another lesson on getting stripped naked again.
Old 2014-01-25, 20:08   Link #67
Anime Online

"Sanageyama, attack its weak point for massive damage!"

Thus, Sanageyama defeated the Giant Enemy Crab and won that "famous battle which actually took place in ancient Japan".

Oh, Kill La Kill producers, you. How you mocked the Playstation 3.

[Edit]
As a sidenote, Zenny/Zeni is a fictional currency used in many Capcom games.
Old 2014-01-26, 04:09   Link #68
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'd say that while Ryoko has friends, Satsuki has followers. Sure she has some pretty loyal followers but they still wouldn't ever dare to consider themselves her friends. Hence she sits alone at the top while Ryoko is pushed up by those who are close to her (namely Mako).
Nonon seems different from the rest though
Old 2014-01-26, 08:32   Link #69
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Nonon seems different from the rest though
Now that you mentioned it yes, Satsuki does seem to be a bit closer to her but Nonon still seems to view Satsuki as someone to idolize more than a friend.
Old 2014-01-26, 15:36   Link #70
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I get that this show is over the top and silly and insane but whatever the hell the Nudist Beach folks were 'piloting' looked stupid. And I mean that as in stupid BAD, ugly, moronic, non sensical even. Outside of that the real highlight was the fight on the tower, everything else was the same old.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2014-01-26, 16:28   Link #71
Lifecharacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Now that you mentioned it yes, Satsuki does seem to be a bit closer to her but Nonon still seems to view Satsuki as someone to idolize more than a friend.
While she certainly does look up to her (and has done so since they were children), I'd say Nonon considers Satsuki a friend she happens to be subordinate to at the moment. There was the flashbacks and all the promises to hold hands and look out from the same heights (and Satsuki-Chan!), and how they briefly interacted in this episode, where Satsuki made a snarky callback to Nonon's previous snark and Nonon just warmly calls her an idiot.
Old 2014-01-26, 22:35   Link #72
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

All I cared about was that Mako and Mikisugi's fabulous glowing nips were safe for now...
Old 2014-01-28, 00:19   Link #73
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I almost...almost...went "d'awww" at Gamagoori's love-love antics towards Mako in Osaka. They were "subtly" hinting at it up to this point, but they broke out the sledgehammer for this episode.
Old 2014-01-28, 22:12   Link #74
Death Usagi
Banned

I love how Mako is really casual towards the Elite Four and Gamagoori x Mako is nice XP
Old 2014-01-28, 23:59   Link #75
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I love how Mako is really casual towards the Elite Four and Gamagoori x Mako is nice XP
IraMako might contribute, but I think the show is also taking seriously all the time Mako spent going to meetings as the president of Fight Club.
Old 2014-01-29, 01:14   Link #76
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
IraMako might contribute, but I think the show is also taking seriously all the time Mako spent going to meetings as the president of Fight Club.
The thing about Mako is that she acts the same to everyone. Always has. Her time as club president didn't change her in that respect. What changed, because of her association with Ryuko, was the opportunity to interact with the Elite Four, particularly Gamagoori.
Old 2014-01-30, 13:34   Link #77
takai
Easy Muffin

This episode definitely stood out from the rest. I can honestly say it was excellent.
Closed Thread