AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 00:59   Link #3221
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Hm, do you just pay the 15% when you pick up your parcel at the post office, or how is it they collect the money exactly?
Yes, you pay it through the Post Office. (This is how it's done in the UK) am sure it's the same elsewhere I guess.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:25   Link #3222
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
You just gave away the answer!
It's obvious... LOL

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Garigari-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 06:36   Link #3223
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Yes, you pay it through the Post Office. (This is how it's done in the UK) am sure it's the same elsewhere I guess.
You can also pay it online if you're not near your local big depot. I've got a depot near me, but everything always gets shoved at the one further away which I can't get too. Parcelforce and Royail mail allow you to pay them online and at least with Parcelforce you'll get Next Day Delivery.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 07:13   Link #3224
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Could use some feedback/convincing/talking out of my next case.

What I'm looking at is either the 900 or 1200 here; http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au...lass_showcases

I just got a quote back (finally) for each; the 1200 would be $900 (unit, shipping, tax, insurance etc) or the 900 is $725.

The 900 would probably do, however the 1200 obviously allows for future growth as it's a foot wider. I -can- afford either, but it's a matter of whether I want to spend that much (and the extra money on figures for the 1200). As is, the 900 will fit my current plans and foreseeable future nicely, with my current case (cube4; http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au/glass_cubes here) still housing many of my current figures.

It is a numbers game, but also a matter of space... I have to re-arrange furniture regardless, but the 1200 being that much wider means it may be more awkward to find space for it, so on that front I lean toward the 900, but as I said, 1200 obviously has more room for more figures.

Oh, and I don't have any other options for cases, this store is the only place that will do cases at sane prices. Even stuff like my current cube4 is > $1k elsewhere. The larger ones are easily $2-4k.

It's hard to decide. ;.;
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 13:17   Link #3225
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
If you have an Ikea nearby they have a case for like 80 bucks. I hear what you are saying. My and another figure collector I know have scoured the internet, ebay, craigs list, etc looking for a decent priced case, and Ikea seems to be it, but the closest one is 500 miles, and shipping a big glass case requires freight shipment, which is expensive
Old 2011-01-12, 19:59   Link #3226
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
If you have an Ikea nearby they have a case for like 80 bucks. I hear what you are saying. My and another figure collector I know have scoured the internet, ebay, craigs list, etc looking for a decent priced case, and Ikea seems to be it, but the closest one is 500 miles, and shipping a big glass case requires freight shipment, which is expensive
Detolfs are pretty small and crappy.

But Ikea don't deliver anyway, so it's not an option.
Old 2011-01-13, 08:38   Link #3227
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Haha I know I did, well spotted.

I know HLJ has some small SoRa No WoTo figures, they only small but very nice, they around about £15 each.

I plan on getting 4 of them soon as I have the money.
Thanks for the info.

I'm just curious, what are the things I need to make a Paypal account? I've been thinking lately of making to order stuff online to stop waiting for it to be available in my local shops.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 11:16   Link #3228
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
My Senjogahara Hitagi shipped yesterday. Need to open my Senhime (Sengoku Rance) and take pictures of it. I was hoping my photographer friend would have time to do it, but he is pretty busy, so I will just do my own
Old 2011-01-13, 23:31   Link #3229
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I'm just curious, what are the things I need to make a Paypal account? I've been thinking lately of making to order stuff online to stop waiting for it to be available in my local shops.
It's easy to setup, it's pretty much the same as anything else you have to register for, just visit their site and follow instructions as it takes you though the one or two pages to register.

I decided to make two more pre-orders for figures that are coming in May, one is the 1/8 Tenshi PVC and the second is the figma Kirino Kousaka I think for the about £55 quid (and whatever shipping is) it's not a bad price for two nice figures.

Not a big fan of Angel Beats, but it's a nice series, but Tenshi looks so nice.

Need to start saving to buy the ARIA figures I wanted, it's shocking to think they cost around about £100 each now, but I love the series, it's become my all time favorite.
Old 2011-01-14, 07:42   Link #3230
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Am I really going to need to get a credit card? All I have right now are savings in my bank account. Can't I just pay stuff through that?
Old 2011-01-14, 14:14   Link #3231
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Am I really going to need to get a credit card? All I have right now are savings in my bank account. Can't I just pay stuff through that?
You don't need a credit card, unless they changed that.
Old 2011-01-14, 15:21   Link #3232
Zeroryoko1974

Amiami I know takes paypal, and I think you can do that through a checking account
Old 2011-01-15, 04:11   Link #3233
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
You don't need a credit card, unless they changed that.
When I'm tried make an account, it's asking me to type in my credit card number. But I don't own one.
Old 2011-01-15, 21:53   Link #3234
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

What goes into making those figurines you owned ? A behind-the-scene look special :-

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11617160

Note that this 1/2 hour clip concerntrate on those small gashapons, but I don't believe there's much difference in production between them and thos larger scale figs here.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 22:29   Link #3235
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Mikatan recently did a blog series to the factory for Good Smile Company;

Part 1: http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan-e/entry-10730147929.html
Part 2: http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan-e/entry-10731094688.html
Part 3: http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan-e/entry-10736119736.html
Old 2011-01-16, 09:22   Link #3236
Zeroryoko1974

New Senjogahara figure I bought
Spoiler for NSFW Pantsu:
Old 2011-01-16, 13:39   Link #3237
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

The Senjogahara figure looks really nice, seems to be hyped up a lot. I haven't watched the Anime series she is from yet, but the figure does look good.
Old 2011-01-16, 14:16   Link #3238
Stefkov

I forgot to cancel my Senjogahara pre-order on Hobby Search so now it's on its way to me.
This means I'll have to forgo eating for a while...

Those photos are getting me excited. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 17:13   Link #3239
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
I forgot to cancel my Senjogahara pre-order on Hobby Search so now it's on its way to me.
This means I'll have to forgo eating for a while...

Those photos are getting me excited. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Hmm, if you don't want it, I might be able to purchase it off you for X price. (Maybe through)
Old 2011-01-16, 18:50   Link #3240
Zeroryoko1974

Got a Senhime (Sengoku Rance) figure a while back, hadn't opened it till now though..
Spoiler for Senhime: