AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 22:12   Link #3941
Esclair

Shion is finally the badass we wanted him to be. It just took 160+ chapters.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 22:13   Link #3942
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

so.. we lost a witness

....these fight gonna last for a while.....grunts.....heh
Old 2014-08-01, 22:13   Link #3943
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Shion is finally the badlass we wanted him to be. It just took 160+ chapters.
I wonder if he's gonna deal with Mr. Mask himself.

Anyhow, what I'm wondering is when and how they got the 9AD hooked on the drug and made him forget Shioon?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 22:19   Link #3944
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I wonder if he's gonna deal with Mr. Mask himself.

Anyhow, what I'm wondering is when and how they got the 9AD hooked on the drug and made him forget Shioon.
Probably when he was QQing over losing Shiho.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 07:33   Link #3945
ta2666

Quote:
Probably when he was QQing over losing Shiho.
I think it was more likely him wanting to be stronger. He couldn't defeat what's his name when they fought on top of the roof at the end of the breaker. If he couldn't take him, how would he beat the 10 grand masters
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 07:57   Link #3946
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post
I think it was more likely him wanting to be stronger. He couldn't defeat what's his name when they fought on top of the roof at the end of the breaker. If he couldn't take him, how would he beat the 10 grand masters
Kang Sung? Or the Alliance Chief? And he was pretty confident he could take them both back on the roof.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 08:30   Link #3947
ta2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Kang Sung? Or the Alliance Chief? And he was pretty confident he could take them both back on the roof.
Kang sung. He may have been confident but in the end he failed and ended up retreating.
Old 2014-08-02, 08:39   Link #3948
anonfr

Quote:
Kang sung. He may have been confident but in the end he failed and ended up retreating.
Well, if that's your opinion I guess.

But, that's not what happened. 9AD was completely ready to fight him, the Alex's chopper showed up and Takeshi and Dimitri jumped in front of him and said "Get on the chopper now!" and then 9AD was still completely ready to fight Kang Sung. Then Takeshi said "There'll be other chances" So then 9AD was like "Che! Think of this as me sparing your life" and he left.

There was also the factor of Shioon dying on the ground.

So, I don't get the impression that he failed and retreated, I got the impression he was ordered to retreat but was completely ready to fight.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:05   Link #3949
ta2666

Quote:

But, that's not what happened. 9AD was completely ready to fight him, the Alex's chopper showed up and Takeshi and Dimitri jumped in front of him and said "Get on the chopper now!" and then 9AD was still completely ready to fight Kang Sung. Then Takeshi said "There'll be other chances" So then 9AD was like "Che! Think of this as me sparing your life" and he left.

So, I don't get the impression that he failed and retreated, I got the impression he was ordered to retreat but was completely ready to fight.
Nobody orders 9art, and just because you talk some shit doesn't mean you win. In the end he retreated and that is a loss. And there was that part in ch66 were kang sung was owning him 9arts while he was in bot mode. So ya that's what did happen.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:18   Link #3950
anonfr

Quote:
Nobody orders 9art, and just because you talk some shit doesn't mean you win. In the end he retreated and that is a loss. And there was that part in ch66 were kang sung was owning him 9arts while he was in bot mode. So ya that's what did happen.
He was ordered. When Dimitri shows up he says that they've been ordered to go back.

I don't think people interfering makes it a loss. If they didn't get in the way he probably would've fought.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:24   Link #3951
ta2666

Quote:
He was ordered. When Dimitri shows up he says that they've been ordered to go back.

I don't think people interfering makes it a loss. If they didn't get in the way he probably would've fought.
9arts doesn't due anything he doesn't want to that's why they got him doped up in the first place. Let me ask you a question do you think he retreated at the murim hq when kwon showed up?
Old 2014-08-02, 12:33   Link #3952
anonfr

Quote:
9arts doesn't due anything he doesn't want to that's why they got him doped up in the first place. Let me ask you a question do you think he retreated at the murim hq when kwon showed up?
Do*

I guess he retreated when Kwon showed up, since he wasn't fighting. But he mostly left because of Shioon. It's still a case of 3rd party interference though, if Shioon never showed up, he would've killed Kang Sung and probably kept going.

I just have a different question from you. They keep referring too the drug as "medicine". Sophie keeps saying "Boss you should take your 'medicine'."

So that implies that they convinced him he was sick somehow? I kinda wonder how that went down more than anything else.

I just got reminded of the last time I talked to you about 9AD being on drugs though.

Quote:
Uh yeah.
First off gmr is not under suc, nor is there any evidence that bfd is using mind control. Do you really think someone can force him to take any pills he doesn't want to?
Secondly he remembered shion just fine. He also remembered his grudge with the murim alliance. All that about him not remembering is just speculation at best at this point in time.
Wolf wanted to know why unwol cast him out and taught gmr. He also wanted to learn what hyun wun Ji kyung is. Check ch 105 page 4 says it there. Currently he doesn't have either of those answers, so there is no point in switching sides.
ahahahaha. And here we are now.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:38   Link #3953
ta2666

Quote:
Do*

I guess he retreated when Kwon showed up, since he wasn't fighting. But he mostly left because of Shioon. It's still a case of 3rd party interference though, if Shioon never showed up, he would've killed Kang Sung and probably kept going.

I just have a different question from you. They keep referring too the drug as "medicine". Sophie keeps saying "Boss you should take your 'medicine'."

So that implies that they convinced him he was sick somehow? I kinda wonder how that went down more than anything else.

I just got reminded of the last time I talked to you about 9AD being on drugs though.

ahahahaha. And here we are now.
You are forgetting something. To him shion was just some annoying kid who kept calling him teacher.
Nobody forced him to take the pills he did it cuz he wanted to get stronger
So I see your ahahhahaha and raise you a mwahahaha
Old 2014-08-02, 12:40   Link #3954
anonfr

Quote:
You are forgetting something. To him shion was just some annoying kid who kept teacher.
Nobody forced him to take the pills he did it cuz he wanted to get stronger
So ahahahaha yourself
Whoa man, I was just thinking hindsight is a funny thing. Don't put forth your speculation as fact. We don't know how or why 9AD got hooked on the drugs. It hasn't been revealed yet, at all. And it keeps being referred too as medicine for his condition, we haven't been told what condition he believes he has.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:44   Link #3955
ta2666

Quote:
Whoa man, I was just thinking hindsight is a funny thing. Don't put forth your speculation as fact. We don't know how or why 9AD got hooked on the drugs. It hasn't been revealed yet, at all. And it keeps being referred too as medicine for his condition, we haven't been told what condition he believes he has.
I was under the opinion that it was the drug that the suc uses to strengthen there solders, and the condition is his addiction.
And yes it is baseless speculation on my part but that's what goes on here so I thought I would give it a try.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:54   Link #3956
anonfr

Quote:
I was under the opinion that it was the drug that the suc uses to strengthen there solders, and the condition is his addiction.
And yes it is baseless speculation on my part but that's what goes on here so I thought I would give it a try.
Speculation is fine, just don't pass it off as fact when it hasn't been proven yet. If it turns out to be true you'll get the last laugh, but wait til then.

Actually, I'd have to reread the part on the drug. I know the mawan drug or whatever, that Chang Ho uses pumps you up and makes you stronger. But, Shioon used it for a while and didn't fall under mind control.
Chang Ho used it and kept his memories of Shioon and seemed to be acting under his own will and desire's. The captains couldn't even control him. The first time Cool guy showed up he told Chang Ho to back off and he didn't want to listen. Then the first time Lone Wolf showed up Chang Ho didn't want to back off then either. If he was on the same mind control drug shouldn't he be easier to control?

So are the Mind Control Drugs and the drugs that give the explosive Ki boost the same?

I'd still have to look, but they might be different drugs. Or the mind control drug is a variant of the first drug.

As for whether or not the drugs make 9AD stronger, they might. I didn't disagree there. It's just, maybe 9AD didn't ask for them, maybe he's really taking them cause he thinks that they're medicine for something. Plus, 9AD is very prideful, even when he was recieving Shioon's Ki from Shiho he didn't want it, and didn't take all of it, because he wanted to win with his own strength.

So are the drugs making 9AD stronger? They might be. In fact they probably are. I think he seems faster and more powerful, but his martial arts seemed less skillful when he was fighting Kang Sung compared to his fights in part 1. So are the drugs making him stronger? Probably. But is he taking the drugs on purpose just to to get stronger? I'm not so sure about that part. Personally, I don't think he would. I think he was tricked into taking the drugs, and Kaiser wanted him to take the drugs to get stronger/be put under mind control, so that he'd be an even more terrifying demon king.

I think it was Kaiser's plan and not 9AD's own will.
Old 2014-08-02, 12:59   Link #3957
ta2666

Quote:
Speculation is fine, just don't pass it off as fact when it hasn't been proven yet. If it turns out to be true you'll get the last laugh, but wait til then.

Actually, I'd have to reread the part on the drug. I know the mawan drug or whatever, that Chang Ho uses pumps you up and makes you stronger. But, Shioon used it for a while and didn't fall under mind control.
Chang Ho used it and kept his memories of Shioon and seemed to be acting under his own will and desire's. The captains couldn't even control him. The first time Cool guy showed up he told Chang Ho to back off and he didn't want to listen. Then the first time Lone Wolf showed up Chang Ho didn't want to back off then either. If he was on the same mind control drug shouldn't he be easier to control?

So are the Mind Control Drugs and the drugs that give the explosive Ki boost the same?

I'd still have to look, but they might be different drugs. Or the mind control drug is a variant of the first drug.

As for whether or not the drugs make 9AD stronger, they might. I didn't disagree there. It's just, maybe 9AD didn't ask for them, maybe he's really taking them cause he thinks that they're medicine for something. Plus, 9AD is very prideful, even when he was recieving Shioon's Ki from Shiho he didn't want it, and didn't take all of it, because he wanted to win with his own strength.

So are the drugs making 9AD stronger? They might be. In fact they probably are. I think he seems faster and more powerful, but his martial arts seemed less skillful when he was fighting Kang Sung compared to his fights in part 1. So are the drugs making him stronger? Probably. But is he taking the drugs on purpose just to to get stronger? I'm not so sure about that part. Personally, I don't think he would. I think he was tricked into taking the drugs, and Kaiser wanted him to take the drugs to get stronger/be put under mind control, so that he'd be an even more terrifying demon king.

I think it was Kaiser's plan and not 9AD's own will.
Chang ho was give two types of drugs I'll look it up later I gotta head out for a bit
Old 2014-08-02, 13:01   Link #3958
anonfr

Quote:
Chang ho was give two types of drugs I'll look it up later I gotta head out for a bit
He was given 2 types of the same drug. 1 was a power up boost and the other was a bigger power up boost. They have a flashback of him getting the second one when SUC attacks the school, and they sort of explain what it is.
Old 2014-08-02, 17:18   Link #3959
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:

hi

9 arts failed, he was too tired, check the page after Kang sung release his "inner tiger" , ....that sweat......after that, 9 arts choose to bluff (that poker face ).....

he was conscious of his state so, he chose to retreat, just look at his expression after dimitri words...

shioon is not a problem, he is almost a planarian

Quote:

one does not simply order 9arts ..you need to persuade him, give him something in return..or " make him an offer he can't refuse"

Quote:
First off gmr is not under suc, nor is there any evidence that bfd is using mind control. Do you really think someone can force him to take any pills he doesn't want to?
he is a alcoholic ,.... so just made a party, (meeting, reunion) add the drug in the drinks..or the food and ,voilą , the job is made.

if someone give you free drinks and food....of course there are ulterior motives
-------------
about the pills, there are a lots of pills (medicine, potions), the egg that give you a huge boost of ki ( but , in the 99 % of case.. you turn in a balloon...plop ), the suc pill (capacity to use ki, bye bye inner channel , addiction and then..you die...), the shioon medicine (from his blood, like hell someone would eat that.), and the actual pill (memory lost)

Quote:
So are the drugs making 9AD stronger? They might be.
it depends, the pill affect his inner circulation or his reflexes.?
..... his techniques is a "formless one" , with a trigger, in his case, trough anger and painful memories.

amnesia maybe change how he use his technique, + his headaches ( withdrawal symptoms )

Quote:
Shion is finally the badass we wanted him to be. It just took 160+ chapters.
not till he kill someone..okay, okay.. until he "submit" a clan

Last edited by dazo; 2014-08-02 at 17:41.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 18:53   Link #3960
EvI

i think that if there is a next part, it will be shioon,goomooryong, shiho and some allies vs sunwoo and the BFD (something like, the protagonists against the whole world).
i hope the author bring these three together again )

now it's time to shioon to officially become a badass ahahaaha
but i'm guessing that when he reaches goomooryong he will be bloody and tired...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves