Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-25, 16:06   Link #21
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
ok sorry i am apparently trying to mislead people let me put it into better words. you naruto haters are annoyin, people slag off naruto all the time but every thursday they are online to download it. fma for me was borin and as the poster said al was annoyin, he was annoyin for me to... the main brother got annoyin as well. a few rants at me aint going to change my opinion of it. i wrote my personal opinion ok... i understand you guys dont like naruto... get it into your head that i did not enjoy fma nearly as much as naruto.

how many shoujen stories have u seen that go into deapth with each character, have many differnet style of moves, a sad past, a great beginging, great fight scenes, surprises, sneaky moves... naruto aint no average shonen (why else would it be the most popular anime over here?). again in my personal opinion before anyone decides to neg rep me just because i think that naruto is better.. actually ill just turn it off (if i dont like a series... and someone else does, i guess that ill get neg rep for it so whats point in leavin neg rep on if people give that for that reason)

just watch ep one of naruto then reply which one you liked best please... id like to know

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
And the series is about them trying to find the philosopher's stone to revive their original bodies.

Naruto doesn't go into depth with each character... How can you call that depth? Each character has a different style of moves... just like every shonen anime. Dragonball has a whole lot more style of moves than in Naruto. Too many characters have a sad past and then whine about it. Their pasts arent as sad as the characters make it out to be. You dont see Gutts from Berserk whining about his sad past... Naruto had a great beginning but that's about it. I still like the series well some parts... but the beginning was great and the rest dissapointed.

I've watched 51 Episodes of FMA and about 30 chapters(currently reading manga which is a lot better than anime version). I've watched 115 episodes of Naruto or close to that and read 244 chapters. I think i've seen and read enough.

Oh and I'm not a Naruto basher. I've been watching/reading Naruto for about 2 years now and I know it isnt the greatest series ever. You just need to watch more series it seems if you consider it great.

If you're into something more childish and don't mind annoying characters and something not so original and a bit too predictable then watch Naruto. If you want something with a good story, characters that have a chance of actually dying, more unpredictable then watch FMA. I personally like both but I like FMA more. A lot more.
Old 2004-12-25, 16:09   Link #22
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
username naruto does go into depth

it went into gaaras past, how he was, what he was like and how he became what he is no

nejis past, lees past, hinatas past and more

comparing it to dbz is far off, dbz is just constant fighting... naruto has a huge story behind it.

i did like fma and i enjoyed the series, the part when hmm when he did the trial was awesome was really smart. i actualy really enjoyed it but it just went on for me im afraid.

first half 7/10 ... 2nd half 5/10

narutos first half for me 9/10, 2nd half 8/10

when fight scenes are on naruto it gives the reason the other side is fighting and lets you like other characters, i really feel the writer does this well and i truly do believe that it goes into depth with other chars. do you honostly think it doesnt?

naruto does have childish characters... the main character is but as series goes on they grow up dont they?
My Anime List
Old 2004-12-25, 16:56   Link #23
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Since when did this become a thread about other than helping this person choose?

Anyway, both are good shows. Naruto is an above average Shounen, just overrated a bit. Doesn't take away from it being good. Fullmetal Alchemist is a great show, you really get into it and feel a character's grief. Events are played to point. Out of the two I'd suggest you go with Fullmetal Alchemist. And if you like it, don't overexpress.
Old 2004-12-25, 21:04   Link #24
Melchior

Both are excellent. As for Naruto, We'd have to seen how it ends, and FMA has already finished.

That being said, I think you should watch both. Well if you like to watch good quality anime anyway you should, there aren't many that get much better than these two. I loved both and can't judge which one is better.
Old 2004-12-28, 22:14   Link #25
evil-samurai

thanks for the help everyone i've made up my mind

ok iv'e watched more of full metal Alchemist , and its been ok , but ep. 2 + 3 were great i thought. thoses eps are whats making me stick with the series
The background music + theme songs SO FAR are a thousand times better than naruto

I download 1-5 of naruto + and got 3 volumes of the manga i i have to say when i read the first volume , it had every thing its great , so i thought i might watch
ep.1 - 3 and was very disapointed.. , the voices were kinda annoying and the background music was crap + and the animation wasn't all that great. still that said i will watch a least 6 -10 eps to be fair

but the story does seam to follow the manga well , its just the manga was ALOT BETTER , i wanted to read more of the manga , but with the anime it was average

i read the Naruto manga for now , and i might to watch more of Naruto if it gets ALOT! better after 6 -8 eps + also if I have the time , cause 100+ eps is alot

but i will stick with fullmetal Alchemist for Now....

thanks for all the help everyone

but in the mean time in decieding weather which one i should stick with, i watched Elfen Lied All i can say is WOW!! if you havn't seen this you are missing out!!!!! , Dont read anything about it , just go and watch it!!! you'll be blown away!
Old 2004-12-28, 22:51   Link #26
FireBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
username naruto does go into depth

it went into gaaras past, how he was, what he was like and how he became what he is no

nejis past, lees past, hinatas past and more
Heh.. about 2 minutes flashback for each charecter, yea, I'd call that depth.
Old 2004-12-29, 05:02   Link #27
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
fireborn 2 minutes huh????

it went on for 1 or 2 whole eps... that aint 2 minutes its 20-40.

evil-samurai... naruto kicks off after ep 6... ep 1-3 getting to know chars... 4-6 exam i think... 7+ fighting and the proper story begins
My Anime List
Closed Thread