AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 11:43   Link #841
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Sub forums will be needed as we are almost hitting the 1k mark when it's only past episode 3 or 4
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 11:47   Link #842
anselfir
Style Über Alles

beyond everything, the dude is just a fking retard. even his eyes are drawn like those of a epileptic deer caught in the autobahn traffic 95% of the time.
Old 2007-07-20, 14:32   Link #843
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Sub forums will be needed as we are almost hitting the 1k mark when it's only past episode 3 or 4
As much as i would love that look at how the subs are 1 week behind its prob not gona happen...

Spoiler for Eps 3:
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:03   Link #844
DanielSong39

The decision to give this show its own subforum is a no-brainer... this is the show that people either love or love to hate.

But if it doesn't get one, oh well - there are bigger atrocities in this world.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:10   Link #845
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Definantly a love or hae. Mainly because alot expected it to be like other dramas...come on. I knew exactly what I was getting when I started this.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 16:11   Link #846
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Yeah sub forums, or we can't talk.
Someone already made this:

School Day Game Thread (only 1 post)

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ht=school+days

We can mpove the discussion of the game and how it related to the anime to it.
Old 2007-07-20, 19:10   Link #847
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well I think if they really tried hard there could have been more fanservice in this episode...I mean sheesh I think I went a whole 5 minutes at one point without any T&A honestly...

Ah well the nice twist at the end made up for it heh. Poor sekai should inform makoto what the meaning of "High Maintenance" is before he got involved with Kotonoha.

Hopefully next episode we can budget out alittle bit of the FS to storyline instead.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:00   Link #848
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I don't watch NASCAR and there's a reason for that (excluding the fact that it's not popular outside of the US). Anyway, I still stand by what I've said earlier: if you put an unlikable loser in the lead role, you kill any chance for true drama, and all you get is melodrama. Drama is about complexity, all the various shades of gray in what are generally black-and-white situations, understanding character's motivations and caring about the consequences they encounter. I don't see any of that happening when the two leads (let's not forget Katsura, who is equally bland, IMO, and seemingly not much smarter than Makoto) are one-dimensional, selfish and stupid.
Sekai is coming off as pretty sympathetic. She likes Makoto but is sincerely trying to help him hook up with Kotonoha. With the ending of episode 3, I was reminded of Bokura ga Ita. Where the friend essentially was torn between staying out and going after the female lead but couldn't unless he felt he could make her happier.

I'm not denying that that there is a lot of melodrama and more to come but it could be interesting in its own way.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:37   Link #849
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
it would be great if a mod can comment on the school days forum
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:39   Link #850
S_K
Let's begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
it would be great if a mod can comment on the school days forum
Well Skyfall is always on the lookout in this thread, if we do something wrong
Old 2007-07-20, 23:18   Link #851
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This show getting its own subforum is within the realm of possibilities Not going to promise anything for the moment, but such a possibility is being looked in to.
Old 2007-07-21, 01:29   Link #852
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Well I think if they really tried hard there could have been more fanservice in this episode...I mean sheesh I think I went a whole 5 minutes at one point without any T&A honestly...

Ah well the nice twist at the end made up for it heh. Poor sekai should inform makoto what the meaning of "High Maintenance" is before he got involved with Kotonoha.

Hopefully next episode we can budget out alittle bit of the FS to storyline instead.
I don't think "high-maintenance" is the correct word for Kotonoha, since what she wants from Makoto is fairly simple and basic if you think about it. The two of them just don't understand each other at all, and are absolutely HORRIBLE at communicating. Quite sad if you think back to what the two of them said at the end of Ep 2.

The fan service was awesome... Radish must have realized more skin = more business with their uniforms
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 01:45   Link #853
RahX

^ hmm...I wonder..

For me I think that even Kotonoha doesn't know what she wants from Makoto, because he has tried to get closer to her but she always backs out and runs away. So, I can understand why Makoto said that at the end of ep.3
Spoiler for Episode 3...:

I hope that the show starts to revolve around Sekai more, because Kotonoha and Makoto are making this annoying and boring.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 01:56   Link #854
Jaruromania

Sekai's rather irrational "help Makoto win another girl's affection while clearly being completely in love with him herself" isn't exactly winning her points either, though. So far she's annoying me just as much as the other two with her complete denial that she likes Makoto both to herself and to others. The characters seem to be already beyond redemption after the third episode, so right now I'm just vying for even more irrationality and silly actions to build more angst and frustration so I can enjoy seeing the characters wallow in suffering (which really seems to actually be the point of the show right now).
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 04:36   Link #855
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruromania View Post
The characters seem to be already beyond redemption after the third episode, so right now I'm just vying for even more irrationality and silly actions to build more angst and frustration so I can enjoy seeing the characters wallow in suffering (which really seems to actually be the point of the show right now).
Finally, someone who gets it. There is a difference between utter garbage and superbly crafted garbage - and this show is clearly in the latter category. It takes real talent and creativity to make characters who are so laughably pathetic.

It's one of those shows that's so bad it's good - kind of reminds me of those American evening soap operas.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 06:35   Link #856
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post
^ hmm...I wonder..

For me I think that even Kotonoha doesn't know what she wants from Makoto, because he has tried to get closer to her but she always backs out and runs away. So, I can understand why Makoto said that at the end of ep.3
Spoiler for Episode 3...:

I hope that the show starts to revolve around Sekai more, because Kotonoha and Makoto are making this annoying and boring.
if anything it should be kotonoha who thinks that makoto is the annoying one...the kissing on the cheek scene pissed me off not due to kotonoha but makoto's inital and after expression...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 09:43   Link #857
slidingk1

Watching this is like well watching pre-teens trying to get laid. Oh wait it's called school days what you expect. I hope someone dies at the end.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 10:52   Link #858
S_K
Let's begin!

To me this anime doesn't sound like someone will die, this anime sounds like just a happy anime, but i haven't played the game so i wouldn't know anything
Old 2007-07-21, 11:23   Link #859
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Right now yeah from episodes one and two it's pretty much good; I just wished that I didn't get spoiled by certain information. I'm not sure how big of a chance this is, but I'd rather see a normal romance/drama in this series.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 19:13   Link #860
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
I don't see why this would piss you off, cause like you said:

Spoiler for What Deathkillz said:

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere