AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-29, 08:54   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

True Tears - Speculations & Theories

This thread is aimed at first time viewers of True Tears and its purpose is to allow spoiler free speculation and theories to be aired. Having them in a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.
Since the game True Tears and the anime are unrelated completely aside of the title, the purpose of mentioning game spoilers is moot, so please do not use this thread for that.

You are NOT allowed to:

1) Post anticipations of future events (whatever their sources might be).
2) Formulate speculations based on fruition of said anticipations of future events.

This thread must remain spoiler free. If you need to post about future events you already know please use the True Tears - Spoilers and Speculations (based on weekly episode previews) thread instead.

Spoiler Policy
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-01-29 at 10:57. Reason: added a few things.
Old 2008-01-29, 10:44   Link #2
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I guess ill just dive right into it. I think within the next 2 or 3 episodes we are going to see a confession from Ai. The question is how ill Shin react this sudden out burst of affection the guy doesnt have clue. The aftermath will be of course the situation with Nobose and how hurt he will be. I think Shin will speechless but he wont turn Ai down flat he just wont know what to say. Nobose will wallow in self pity if Ai actually breaks up with him and then he will go Shin for advice or comfort not knowing what truly has transpired.
Old 2008-01-29, 11:09   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The Ai part is for the Aiko thread.
As for the consequnces...

Noob-kun will:
  • Cling to Shin for help
  • Act more perverted and daring
  • Do nothing, moan in self pity
* Something else that won't affect the show.

Shin will:
  • Act awkward and think more of Miami.
  • Resolve it somehow with Noe's help.
  • Sleep in bed.
* Act some other version of stupid.

But that's for when it happens and if it happens.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:00   Link #4
Kristen
*Author

A true tears subforum! ^_^

I definately see a triple love triangle developing. Ai-Shinchiro-Miyokichi Guy, Noe-Shinchiro-Number 4, Number 4-Shinchiro-Hiromi.

Something tells me that this is going to be a very typical scenario where Shinchiro starts to date Noe, but still likes Hiromi, while Ai likes him. It's going to get complicated, in my opinion.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:20   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You make me imagine it being very simple though. Complications are not what they used to be I suppose.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:42   Link #6
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
You make me imagine it being very simple though. Complications are not what they used to be I suppose.
I see plans within plans it funny no matter how complicated the situations are we the viewers of course with our wild imaginations and ideas about what should or shouldnt transpire will actually make it more complicated then it really is. Um i think that made sense.... gomen if it didnt.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:54   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Sinestra ~ I was specially talking about Chrissie's interpretation.
Old 2008-01-30, 12:45   Link #8
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
@ Sinestra ~ I was specially talking about Chrissie's interpretation.
Ahh my bad ok lol I still see plans within plans though or it might just be psychosis from analyzing True Tears too much.
Old 2008-02-10, 23:06   Link #9
NaweG
Just some guy

Well, for what it's worth, I'm wondering if Number 4 isn't pushing Noe towards Shin because she has some ultimately fatal disease? IOW, Noe is preparing to collect tears because she is going to be taking them with her just like her grandma did. In that case, Number 4's caresses aren't so much siscon as "I can't believe she won't be here long"

You could also argue the rooster as a foreshadowing as well as Shin having her as the angel in his book.

Just a thought I had...
Old 2008-02-10, 23:48   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

...then there's also her mother's attitude.
Old 2008-02-11, 15:41   Link #11
cnnydz
Feed me

perfect ending = "From forth the fatal loins of these two foes, a pair of star-crossed lovers, take their life."

double suicide ftw
Old 2008-02-12, 14:01   Link #12
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Here's my guesses as of watching episode 6

Shin and Hiromi will have lots of awkward moments driving them further apart until Hiromi can't take it anymore and decides to end things with Jun and admit to Shin she likes him, but by then it will be too late. Ai will have taken her shot with Shin but partly out of loyalty to Nobuse and partly because he doesn't like her that way, Shin will reject her. He will go out with Noe thinking doing so will make Noe happy as was his promise with Jun.

In the end Shin will be heartbroken by both his confusion over Hiromi's feelings and the nasty situation between her and his mother. There may be something that will make Hiromi leave.

In the end Noe will help Shin find a way to get with Hiromi. Note that Noe's "collecting Shin's tears" is a metaphor to comforting him when he will be sad, as Noe's grandmother comforted her. True love will be achieved through much pain and sadness but in the end Hiromi and Shin will be together.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:09   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't think that the thing about Shin and Hiromi being siblings will go away. It could be a lie, but I don't think so: I don't think Shinmother would say something so shameful for her and her husband if it weren't true.

I think the story will revolve around how people come to terms with their frustrations and limitations: Hiromi not being able to love Shin in that way; Jun not being able to love Noe; Ai not being able to love Shin.

I can't see Shin accepting Ai's confession, at least not without months to get over his loyalty to Nobuse.

I can see Noe being chronically ill. Her character design even has a bit of that about it, it seems to me. And when she first jumped down from the tree in ep1, she breatehd hard for a long time. It seemed odd to me at the time, although it was also desperately moe.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-02-13, 22:44   Link #14
golthin

I am not going to predict anything, because it is so open right now. We know who likes who now, and that the person that each like is in love with someone else and the couple that actually has muatual feelings has a big obstacle.

I don't know if Aiko will settle for Nobuse if Shin rejects her, but I don't want her to settle. She can find someone that she actually loves without being forced. She tried Nobuse, and he couldn't win her even with all his pampering. Some things are not meant to be and nobuse might find someone that actually loves him.
Old 2008-02-13, 23:50   Link #15
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm willing to bet that the "easy mother" conversation was a lie by Shin's mother. Since shin's mom and dad get along "well," (neutrally at least) it doesn't seem she blames him for anything. and her look when she said, you still remember that? says to me that she forgot about it and her memory was jolted.

all that added up means shin + hiromi /= siblings
Old 2008-02-14, 15:57   Link #16
hai_san

i just hope it wont end like School Days.. how Noe stands there and cocks at the end of ep 6 makes me real nervous...
Old 2008-02-14, 20:55   Link #17
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
i just hope it wont end like School Days.. how Noe stands there and cocks at the end of ep 6 makes me real nervous...
I pretty open, but the school days thing was a first one in this type of anime. People are still running scared. I am proud to say that I have never theorize that any show will have a "school days" ending.
Old 2008-02-14, 22:54   Link #18
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I pretty open, but the school days thing was a first one in this type of anime. People are still running scared. I am proud to say that I have never theorize that any show will have a "school days" ending.
Well, there haven't really been that many candidates for you to theorize on. But can we just drop the stupid School Days ending, seriously! It's been said a half a dozen times already continuing simply shows some people have so little imagination. This show isn't going to have a School Days ending, but it doesn't really take rocket science to figure that out. How can all of you imagine the girls going psycho at the end, or Shin suddenltly going around bring girls to his house like Makoto?!

Unless there's any reason to think Shin's mother dies the next episode or so let's try to keep this School Days noise to a minimum.
Old 2008-02-17, 09:38   Link #19
cnnydz
Feed me

is that noe in shin's dream in episode one, under a big tree. so does it mean he saw her before he even meet her. if so does it mean noe will be shin's soul mate?
Old 2008-02-18, 13:44   Link #20
greyhawk
Some dude

Quote:
can we just drop the stupid School Days ending, seriously! It's been said a half a dozen times already continuing simply shows some people have so little imagination.
Or rather, it shows that people still have some sense of humor Of course True Tears won't go for sth that... "unoriginal", will it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
In the end Noe will help Shin find a way to get with Hiromi. Note that Noe's "collecting Shin's tears" is a metaphor to comforting him when he will be sad, as Noe's grandmother comforted her. True love will be achieved through much pain and sadness but in the end Hiromi and Shin will be together
Possible, but I'd hate to see that happen. After all, being in love for the first time, Noe has yet to reach that level of maturity, thus she won't be able to let go of him like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz
is that noe in shin's dream in episode one, under a big tree. so does it mean he saw her before he even meet her. if so does it mean noe will be shin's soul mate?...
I still don't understand how you could have such a clear image of someone without having ever met them. And they didn't explain it either. Maybe it just serves as a little sneak preview of the future as to keep the viewers interested.
Quote:
"From forth the fatal loins of these two foes, a pair of star-crossed lovers, take their life."...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG
Well, for what it's worth, I'm wondering if Number 4 isn't pushing Noe towards Shin because she has some ultimately fatal disease? IOW, Noe is preparing to collect tears because she is going to be taking them with her just like her grandma did. In that case, Number 4's caresses aren't so much siscon as "I can't believe she won't be here long"
You could also argue the rooster as a foreshadowing as well as Shin having her as the angel in his book.
Just a thought I had...
Very enlightening. It answers a lot of things and also adds the last element of drama to make True Tears become a masterpiece.
Still, hopefully it isn't the case
Closed Thread