081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-05-18, 18:43   Link #1101
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
The plan that they piss off the world and make them unite is what they wanted in the first place. But them being screwed over by one of their own, they didn't expect that.
I think they'd always accounted for being screwed over by one of their own; after all that's what the GN Blades and Trial System were for. What they didn't expect, I think, was the world fielding 30 GNMS at once.
Old 2011-05-18, 18:53   Link #1102
kakakka

That's what I am getting to, too.

GN Sword and Trial field, up to that time, that's just against small numbers, bearing that there's just 5 GN Drives. But then, the traitor got around that thanks to Corner connection, and yup, 30 GNX would not mind 1 Gundam with small Trial Field and another with a GN Sword. And, the traitor also have access to Trial Field, so the puny GN Sword wouldn't stand a chance...

Last edited by kakakka; 2011-05-18 at 19:04.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 18:54   Link #1103
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

That's what I am getting, to too
Then you should have said that from the start.
Old 2011-05-18, 18:59   Link #1104
kakakka

I thought we're on the same page!

lol
Old 2011-05-18, 18:59   Link #1105
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Then you should have said that from the start.
You know, with the psycho-trio, the plan was doomed to go weary from the start. The CB was actually being quite careful, until the trio started committing some really dumb acts, and everything went to shit.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 19:02   Link #1106
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know, with the psycho-trio, the plan was doomed to go weary from the start. The CB was actually being quite careful, until the trio started committing some really dumb acts, and everything went to shit.
At least they didn't shoot down an Orbital Elevator...
Old 2011-05-18, 19:05   Link #1107
kakakka

If there's an order like that, Laguna would have omitted it XD Bad for business

Thinking now, I think he's careful not to send theme near one hahahaa
Old 2011-05-18, 19:19   Link #1108
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The way I understand it, they were under the impression that Celestial Being, the organization, would "die" in the eyes of the public, while they merely fell back into the shadows and repurpose the GN-Drives for the next stage of the plan. They weren't expecting someone to turn traitor and try to actually destroy the organization.
Old 2011-05-18, 23:21   Link #1109
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
The first Phase involved uniting the world via the Gundams, the Second Phase was Innovating humanity over several generations, the Third Phase involved getting humanity to the stars or whatnot (probably just means make them a spacefaring species).

With the exception of Ribbons hacking Veda, most things that happened in S1 was more or less according to the Plan on a macro level. The Gundam's sole purpose was to piss the world off, and the Gundams would then be defeated. This would provide enough unity in the world so Veda can mold the world into the Federation; which is the next step in the Plan. In fact, judging by the Observers' reaction, the Ptolemaios faction was acting too nice and too incompetent infact for their liking. All the Thrones did was sped up the process by a lot, and ultimately doing stuff the Ptolemaios faction was suppose to do without doing unnecessary things like garnering public support and such (which was contrary to the goal of making people hate them).

What Ribbons did to the Ptolemaios faction was supposed to happen regardless of whether he interfered with things or not. This was why he quit being a Meister before S1, because he knew being a Gundam Meister was going to be his death since their defeat was part of the Plan.

However, Aeolia's system trapped played an integral role in saving the Meisters. It activated Trans-Am and gave them the Twin Drive but it also made them less traceable to the traitors, giving time for the Fereshte faction to gather up some resources from the supply bases before the UN can destroy all of them (this funded their war effort for most of S2). In addition, they still retain some but limited access to Veda terminals, allowing them to do stuff like access OE without the Innovators or the Federation finding out. It also made the Meisters untraceable pretty much anywhere in the world since scanning them would result in an error. The system trap had to save them because somebody was messing with things so they were essentially "backup". The 00 World Report book also said something about if the Meisters turned evil instead, there was a different contingency for that situation.

Of course, its what Ribbons did after S1 that was the problem. Namely, he seems adamant to declare himself a True Innovator and spearhead the Plan and guide humanity when the Innovades were suppose to work in temdem with the real Innovators later to guide humanity to the starts and into the Dialogues to Come. He seems quite adamant in putting himself in the driving wheel as humanity's God without passing on the baton to the ESF. He seems to want to make everyone into what Louise was and that use that mind control thingy. The Innovades was suppose to engage in the Innovation of humanity and carefully guide it over several generation (too fast and unstable would end up in a Seed scenario) so there are no problems in preparation for the Third Phase, which would involve traveling the stars and engaging Dialogues with the other civilizations.

Of course, there is a a debate on how powerful Ribbons really was. Various sources like the 00 World Report have stated that Veda merely used him and that his power was not absolute. Veda was also aware of the Corner Faction rebellion that has been going on for a long time, but decided to let it happen because it thinks there are some benefits to the Plan.

Everything is more or less fine now though, the ESF are executing the Plan by the movie's time are looking into Innovation while CB does some small scale interventions in the background when needed making up for the over-pacifist new ESF administration. People are starting the Innovate due to that Trans-Am Burst in S2, and the ESF are starting to take notice and handle the situation so it does not spiral out of control.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-05-18 at 23:41.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 01:33   Link #1110
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The ELS worked in some form. First and foremost, the ELS indirectly enabled possibly the best last stand in a Gundam series. Although insufficient to overcome the ELS menace, the movie did give us a good presentation of the combined might of humanity. Second, all participants had little doubt as to what their duties entail. Everyone faced the same struggles, even the meisters, and none were saved by the grace of Deus Ex Machina, which was relatively prevalent in the TV series. It was do or die, in a very desperate situation that accepted only the utmost potential of each individual pilot.

It was beautiful.

- Tak
The ELS could've been a byproduct of the Innovator war, the QBW could've awakedned them and still had the last stand moment, that would've been good IMO, they'd have needed to get spot on timing, but it could've worked.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 13:15   Link #1111
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
The ELS could've been a byproduct of the Innovator war, the QBW could've awakedned them and still had the last stand moment, that would've been good IMO, they'd have needed to get spot on timing, but it could've worked.
With all the emphasis on the dialogue, I expected the ELS could have at least said something in the movie. Instead, we had really very little actual dialogue going on. I guess I was expecting enemies who were more sophisticated, and the ELS did not fulfill that role.

Still, nice fireworks.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-05-19, 13:39   Link #1112
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Would you have preferred wildly-implausible Japanese-speaking aliens ripped from Star Trek or something?
Old 2011-05-19, 13:42   Link #1113
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Would you have preferred wildly-implausible Japanese-speaking aliens ripped from Star Trek or something?
Couldn't be worse than widely implausible English-speaking Aliens ripped from national stereotypes

Though, to be honest, I was thinking of the Eldar from Warhammer 40K and the Abh from Crest/Banner of the Stars.

They have very interesting reasons for handling things a certain way... that, and if you add elements of quantum brain wave... could potentially spice things up.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2011-05-19 at 15:03.
Old 2011-05-19, 15:52   Link #1114
JC...
I am a Pie

The ELS were fairly sophisticated, communication through QBW and retaliation aren't as simple as sitting down and talking with them.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 23:52   Link #1115
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
At the very least, there's no other way they can actually talk since they're quite purely QBW creatures. The more complex dialogues will probably come later on with this one coming for basic understanding to stop the assimiliation and the combat.
Old 2011-05-31, 11:46   Link #1116
Nerroth
NePoi!

A bit late to the party, perhaps, but I got around to watching the movie today. Not that bad, actually.

I hope they consider doing a series (anime, manga or through some other medium) detailing one of the Sumeragi's missions of exploration.
Old 2011-05-31, 13:08   Link #1117
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
A bit late to the party, perhaps, but I got around to watching the movie today. Not that bad, actually.

I hope they consider doing a series (anime, manga or through some other medium) detailing one of the Sumeragi's missions of exploration.
Screw that, there would be no war.

Now a series or manga about the Innovator War, now that would be a treat.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 13:18   Link #1118
Nerroth
NePoi!

What makes you think that all of the alien species they could encounter would turn out to be friendly?
Old 2011-05-31, 13:21   Link #1119
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
What makes you think that all of the alien species they could encounter would turn out to be friendly?
You assuming they'll actually encounter more than zero.
Old 2011-05-31, 13:29   Link #1120
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Assuming there is any left to encounter.

The ELS kinda cleaned the galaxy out.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote