AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 45
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 4 14.81%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 33.33%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 4 14.81%
7 out of 10: Good... 5 18.52%
6 out of 10: Average... 3 11.11%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 3.70%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 3.70%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-26, 07:52   Link #41
bio9205
Reborn

By the way, the theme that played when the Dark Hound appeared - was it Unmei No Saki He (the AGE-2's theme), or a remix of it?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 07:58   Link #42
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

That's Hajimari no Yokan (Woolf's Theme)
Old 2012-08-26, 08:03   Link #43
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
That's Hajimari no Yokan (Woolf's Theme)
It's also Asemu's. It played during episode 23, when he kicked ass against a Baqto, a Gafran and a Dorado
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 09:23   Link #44
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Oh, and they changed Asemu's backstory with Sid. Guess they had to shorten it.
Which now wonders on how did the Feds get back the AGE System Core if Bisidian recovered the AGE-2 with it?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 09:35   Link #45
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

The episode is good except that they didn't make the manga canon

Asemu was completely crushed by Cid, unlike in the manga where he actually defeated it before it regenerated..

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:22   Link #46
Meltyred

Zeheart is evil dude now....
And Asemu, seriously get a DODs rifle already.
Your lackeys are just dying left and right using them anyway.
Legilis's full power mode looks like nice....
But no extra weapons?
Well.... okay
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:19   Link #47
EpyonHell

Well, the whole Asemu getting PWN'd by Sid wasn't like in the Manga. And, what happened to the girl that was sleeping inside of EXA-DB? She just die?
EpyonHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:39   Link #48
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Would have prefered, if they didn't made the flashback. Or if they would had just made something like slideshow to save time. If they would had animated the entire battle from the manga, the flashback would had been much longer.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:15   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah kind of disappointing that they made the flashback so short. Pretty much the minimum needed to say that Asemu fought SID and lost before. Would have much preferred to see a fuller battle there displaying his super pilot skills.

Zeheart is seriously losing it. I think he took the "will you follow me in my madness" a bit too literally. Starting to reach a point where Asemu really isn't going to have a hope of reaching him and they'll have to kill him too. Actually thinking he can master the kind of power that created a monster like SID....

Another reminder that Asemu seriously needs an upgrade. If Zeheart is flying around in that crazy unit, the peashooter on the Dark Hound isn't going to cut it. Still was nice to see them both in that fight despite the fact that they were hardly working in perfect tandem. Asemu also got in some good fishing there and at least tried to destroy EXA-DB. Unfortunately SID recovered enough to guard it and I can't even guess what kind of improvements it will make after fighting Zeheart and Asemu.

Well at least Asemu gave Kio a pep talk before going. If he's giving up on talking to his grandfather does he think he can change the minds of people who are actually trying to kill him?
Old 2012-08-26, 15:17   Link #50
monster

Wow, I think I've said it before, but AGE probably has the best remote control weapons in Gundam history. It makes me wonder what kind of technology is stored in the EXA-DB.

With four more episodes to go, this was an enjoyable Zeheart-centric episode.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:44   Link #51
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah kind of disappointing that they made the flashback so short. Pretty much the minimum needed to say that Asemu fought SID and lost before. Would have much preferred to see a fuller battle there displaying his super pilot skills.

Zeheart is seriously losing it. I think he took the "will you follow me in my madness" a bit too literally. Starting to reach a point where Asemu really isn't going to have a hope of reaching him and they'll have to kill him too. Actually thinking he can master the kind of power that created a monster like SID....

Another reminder that Asemu seriously needs an upgrade. If Zeheart is flying around in that crazy unit, the peashooter on the Dark Hound isn't going to cut it. Still was nice to see them both in that fight despite the fact that they were hardly working in perfect tandem. Asemu also got in some good fishing there and at least tried to destroy EXA-DB. Unfortunately SID recovered enough to guard it and I can't even guess what kind of improvements it will make after fighting Zeheart and Asemu.

Well at least Asemu gave Kio a pep talk before going. If he's giving up on talking to his grandfather does he think he can change the minds of people who are actually trying to kill him?
Zeheart's only hope may be Fram, that other guy encourages him but she is actually concerned and might be able to save him. Idk though because right now she's in Ract Elfamel mode looking to sacrifice herself at any chance, so...
Old 2012-08-26, 17:09   Link #52
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Zeheart isn't evil.

Say it with me now, you can do it.

"Lawful Neutral"
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 17:23   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Zeheart isn't evil.

Say it with me now, you can do it.

"Lawful Neutral"
I don't think he's evil, I just think he's going insane. Signing up for a plan to massacre as much of the human race as necessary to create "Eden." Use whatever alignment you want, crazy is crazy.
Old 2012-08-26, 19:04   Link #54
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
So what's wrong with Zeheart? He has totally gone over to the dark side...His characterization is one of the worse ever for a Char clone...
He feels more like an Anavel Gato clone rather than a Char clone to me...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 19:52   Link #55
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonHell View Post
Well, the whole Asemu getting PWN'd by Sid wasn't like in the Manga. And, what happened to the girl that was sleeping inside of EXA-DB? She just die?
Wait........WHAT?

By the way Fram is surprised about the invisible umbrella is because it's never equipped on a Mobile Suit(they call it that)/Armor before. Probably a mobile suit does not enough power to use it unlike the much larger ships.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 19:57   Link #56
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wait........WHAT?

By the way Fram is surprised about the invisible umbrella is because it's never equipped on a Mobile Suit(they call it that)/Armor before. Probably a mobile suit does not enough power to use it unlike the much larger ships.
Spoiler for Memories of SID:
Old 2012-08-26, 20:03   Link #57
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Spoiler for Memories of SID:
I'm talking about the "girl" part of my quote.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:06   Link #58
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I can't confirm it with both the manga, seeing how no one's bothered to translate it and we still don't know if Deacon's going to pick it up, and with the flashback's retcon, but from what I've heard, Wivik and Reuna both survived Memories of Sid, with Wivik leaving Bisidian to start a new life with Reuna, which is why Asem's head of the Bisidian pirates and not Wivik (since Wivik's father founded said pirates).
Old 2012-08-26, 22:45   Link #59
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Great episode, the fight between Sid and Legilis was superb. It's great to see that Sid is still alive as well, all things point to it repairing itself and returning with an iron fist!

9/10
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:38   Link #60
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Imagine putting a pilot in Sid...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion