AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-05, 23:37   Link #441
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I never found Usagi-chan annoying at all. ;( Who couldn't relate to her? She just wanted to be normal and have fun....and these stupid monsters keep trying to screw up her life! I know the other senshi didn't whine....but I found them to be less realistic. The other four are the same age yet none of them showed reluctance or fear to fight? They all just accept it and don't complain!
That's just weird!
Speaking only about the anime version here.
I never found strange for them to not complain, nor did I feel they had a too fictional personality to be real people. Although there are some exceptions...
Makoto likes to fight, since she cant beat up people legally, why not direct that urge at monsters? Since she has the opportunity and strength to do so.
Rei is a priestess, I don't really find it all that odd that she would want to combat evil.
Minako is like the refined (yet still immature but funny) version of Usagi. She takes her duty seriously and can still have her happy life, even though it gets interrupted at times.
Ami is actually the one that feels like she doesn't belong there. She's just a bookworm that wants to be a doctor.
Usagi just wants to be a kid obviously, I can't blame her. She knows how to have fun with her life but like Minako, she keeps getting interrupted by monsters.
Old 2012-11-06, 00:24   Link #442
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Well, Minako is also a veteran. :3

........and yeah, I always thought Ami was....very abnormal. XD

No teenager in the world likes to study THAT much.

From what I understand, Naoko wanted to make her part cyborg!
WHich makes a lot more sense....but due to executive meddling, she remained a weird human girl. :/
Old 2012-11-06, 01:01   Link #443
4Tran

Quote:
Stars is my favorite season, hands-down. Best music, best villians, best comedy fillers, best finale battle.
Even though I like S more, I tend to watch Stars the most often - Galaxia compels me! And then there's that episode where Eternal Sailor Moon's wings get in the way. Moon Pizza Action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I loved Stars. Usagi really did grow and develop into a more well rounded character by this season... and I really enjoyed her relationship with Seiya.
Seiya is really the creators' attempt to redo the Mamoru romance stuff after his relationship stabilized too much. I like Seiya more every time I rewatch Stars, so something must be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
On the other hand, Usagi's friends really got the short end of the stick in Stars and I hated that. I honestly wondered why they were even there, there were so many episodes where they were completely useless... and their roles in the final battle were awful. God, I really hope they change that if they decide to adapt Stars again...
On the one hand I wish that the other Senshi had more things to do in the finale, on the other, it's one of the best finales in anime. Galaxia just seems so much more threatening than the other villains.
Old 2012-11-06, 16:32   Link #444
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Never got far into Stars (my source dried up). Saw everything else.

Sort of wanted to see the Asteroid Scout (Amazon Quartet) in good guy defenders mode.

On the other hand, I liked Ami. Voice of reason much of the time. (Some would say the leader of the group, but she's not in anyway the leader).
Old 2012-11-06, 17:26   Link #445
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Voice of reason much of the time. (Some would say the leader of the group, but she's not in anyway the leader).
Yep, the leader is Minako. It's official in the manga, and in the anime you can see her commanding personality when she first appears. It's a pity they changed her characterization later on and made her more of a ditz...
Old 2012-11-06, 17:37   Link #446
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sailor V is the logical choice as she is the most experianced of the group. They have to protect the Moon Princess after all....even if she is suppose to be more powerful than all of them (though usually that is via using their powers with hers in some way). Though that Two Timer became much more of a ditz as the show went on. Admittedly she was first, Moon being sort of a copy of V, so them having the same personality was almost a given. Making Venus even more ditzy makes Moon look a little more mature....but that tends to fail as unless the world is going to die.

It might be that with a group, Venus didn't need to be as commanding and relaxed. Decided to be a teenager. Splt up the burden of defending the Moon Princess (as oppose to possibly being the Moon Princess and only defender on the planet in Sailor V).

(Your Avatar reminds me, could we get Jenny Doolittle's personality to replace Minako.)
Old 2012-11-06, 18:16   Link #447
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
On the other hand, I liked Ami. Voice of reason much of the time. (Some would say the leader of the group, but she's not in anyway the leader).
Well, compare to the other, she had to be (plotwise...) :
- Minako was strong and goofy.
- Rei was strong and kinda bitchy.
- Makoto was strong and... strong.

Not saying they were dumb, but one in the pack needed to be smart (cause you know, she wasn't that powerful anyway).

I like her soft side, but she sometimes pissed me off.
And her design, blue from head to toes, was boring to me.
Old 2012-11-06, 18:35   Link #448
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It might be that with a group, Venus didn't need to be as commanding and relaxed. Decided to be a teenager. Splt up the burden of defending the Moon Princess (as oppose to possibly being the Moon Princess and only defender on the planet in Sailor V).

(Your Avatar reminds me, could we get Jenny Doolittle's personality to replace Minako.)
Well, manga Minako is already a bit like Jenny, so it could work. I totally love Jenny's personality btw.
Old 2012-11-06, 21:29   Link #449
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yep, the leader is Minako. It's official in the manga, and in the anime you can see her commanding personality when she first appears. It's a pity they changed her characterization later on and made her more of a ditz...
That's why she's my favorite character. Love her manga characterization. Anime... not as much, but I still like her.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2012-11-09, 16:36   Link #450
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The anime changed Minako into an anime!Usagi doppleganger. Minako really lost her own identity in the anime. And that goes pretty much for the rest of the group. The other soldiers, including Mamoru, had more distinct identities (though not much) in the manga than they did in the anime. They were all pretty much wallflowers with Usagi being the centre rose in the anime.

It would be nice to have each soldier and Mamoru develop more individually and independently from Usagi in SM.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-11-09, 16:48   Link #451
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
What I learned in Stars is faithfulness... Usagi loved Mamoru deeper than Seiya. Guess long distance relation did worked out in the end...
Old 2012-11-13, 01:25   Link #452
Chiibi

Ew....you guys....talk about an unpleasant trip down Nostalgia Lane!!

I was just cleaning my room and found an ANCIENT CD lyrics booklet from an ENGLISH Sailormoon CD by DiC...and now the horrible valley-girl voices and valley girl humor lyrics have lodged themselves into my brain.....it seems no amount of brain bleach WILL KILL IT.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I would consider giving the wretched thing away to the thrift store except Moonlight Densetsu and Ai No Senshi are also on it. But the rest of the CD is so GOD-AWFUL....but the booklet art is nice....but I HATE the dub! ...but the little girl in me still somehow likes the song, "Power of Love"...ugh....I should be ashamed of myself. Two songs is not worth keeping a whole CD.
Yet, I can't seem to bring myself to toss it out!

FML OTL

Why did I buy this thing. Why was the 13-year-old me stupid enough to think this was GOOD? I must have been a complete retard. IT'S SO BAAAAD! Why did I spend twelve dollars on this poor excuse for an anime CD!? Why...why...why...why... (= 口=);;

....although, you know what? It's still better than the crap Britney Spears sang in the 90s.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-11-13 at 01:42.
Old 2012-11-13, 01:29   Link #453
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Why did I buy this thing. Why...why...why...why... (= 口=);;
You're luckier... until now... I still memorized her signature lines after transforming into Sailor Moon in Filipino after 17 years. LOLs!
Old 2012-11-13, 12:43   Link #454
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well. to remove the pain of the English dubbing, there is SMA (Sailor Moon Abridged) that parodies it into something completely different. They are almost finished with what they plan to do. The first season, the first half of the R series and the films.

Their outtakes are even funnier than their dubbing.
Old 2012-11-13, 13:31   Link #455
Chiibi

Quote:
Well. to remove the pain of the English dubbing, there is SMA (Sailor Moon Abridged) that parodies it into something completely different. They are almost finished with what they plan to do. The first season, the first half of the R series and the films.

Their outtakes are even funnier than their dubbing.
I really dislike the adridged series because they REALLY pick on Usagi and it annoys me. >_>
And bulimia is NOT funny. It will never be funny.
Old 2012-11-17, 11:49   Link #456
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

I can't believe it's been nearly six months and we still have no news.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:06   Link #457
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd expect a Spring show with them starting a new school year, but with so little known, it could be Fall 2013.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:45   Link #458
Lota

Wasn't this supposed to be Summer 2013? Though the lack of information really is concerning. I hope we get at least some details soon, because I'm not sure we've had any info since the announcement about the new anime.
Old 2012-11-18, 09:54   Link #459
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Wasn't this supposed to be Summer 2013? Though the lack of information really is concerning. I hope we get at least some details soon, because I'm not sure we've had any info since the announcement about the new anime.
It's not concerning at all,it's pretty standard to go months without any news after an initial announcement,especially when it's announced one year in advance,maybe we'd get some info around the new year if we're lucky.

What I'm sure of is we'll get plenty of info and trailer in march at the tokyo anime fair.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:27   Link #460
xizro345
King's Justice

I'm just waiting to see if Toei has learnt something, but I doubt it has.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo