AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 165 60.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 23.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 7.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 4.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.37%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-27, 11:18   Link #701
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Do you even know what GN drivers are?
Tau GN-drives lack something called TD-blanket. In all other means they are the same. If that blanket can be made self-destructable or something like that (or just slowly wearing out) - you get full functional GN-drive, but with time-limit.

And, just to remind :

mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 11:27   Link #702
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

OMG I somehow saw this series becoming a trainwreck. This series has become... ridiculous.

Query: What's better than a giant robot in space? Answer: A giant robot in space with a god weapon that destroys EVERYTHING.
Old 2008-03-27, 12:09   Link #703
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
Tau GN-drives lack something called TD-blanket. In all other means they are the same. If that blanket can be made self-destructable or something like that (or just slowly wearing out) - you get full functional GN-drive, but with time-limit.
So exactly what are you arguing about? No matter what you argue the Tau Drivers still need an outside energy source to operate.

The TD blanket takes an extremely long time to build and can only be made on Jupiter.

So I don't see how real physics has to do with this since we are talking in relatively with Gundam 00.

BTW I hate cats.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 13:01   Link #704
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Yeah, but if director of series will say: "full functional GN-drive can be built on surface of Earth" - so it will be We already got some golden light emitting GN-drives, of unknown type...
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 15:32   Link #705
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
By that reasoning Gurren Lagann would be a trainwreck too.
Gurren Lagann was far, FAR from a "trainwreck", so that statement the other guy made is null and void. Gurren Lagann was epicly awesome.

It was really effed up watching Chris bite it, I thought I wouldn't care all that much...but I did. Sad thing is, all these cool guys are probably gonna die without ever being avenged since the UN's being portrayed in the same way the Gundams were at the beginning; an unstoppable force that you can only delay, and not defeat.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 15:43   Link #706
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

good news for OO.

from gunota:
Quote:
After 2 & 1/2 months out of the top 10, Video Research Ltd. has the 24th episode of Gundam 00 getting a 5.4% rating, making it the 10th most watched anime last week.
Old 2008-03-27, 16:40   Link #707
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@mougrim that says fantasy comic

@kaito-kid that's great!

@jafri if you want people to like you don't make useless post(yes I know I'm not one to talk or is it I'm one to talk? I'm not sure) or give it humor!
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 16:50   Link #708
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
good news for OO.

snip
That is good news. People are waking up to the awesome that is 00.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 17:57   Link #709
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
good news for OO.

from gunota:
Not really good news... The more watched shows were taking a break this week, that's all...
Old 2008-03-27, 18:33   Link #710
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Not really good news... The more watched shows were taking a break this week, that's all...
^Damn you brightman for crushing our e-penises ...
Old 2008-03-27, 18:55   Link #711
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
By that reasoning Gurren Lagann would be a trainwreck too. Seriously, I get that nonesense everywhere else I go, don't bring that stuff to like the one safe haven. There's about 3 places devoted to all of this and they are better suited to discussing trainwrecks that don't exist.

By the way, if people really want to see Jafri go, bring up i__l__St_R X_NO___SS_A in the discussion. Actually don't. Really just don't.
But it was an AWESOME trainwreck. This just had creepy characters (I refer to the weird chinese girl--- "Virtue!") and characters that HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG getting destroyed, either mentally or literally. That was my big problem. I liked the first several episodes, but the epic trap dude keeps bugging me. I keep thinking it's a girl, then... nope, it's a man.... >.<
Old 2008-03-27, 20:12   Link #712
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
But it was an AWESOME trainwreck. This just had creepy characters (I refer to the weird chinese girl--- "Virtue!") and characters that HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG getting destroyed, either mentally or literally. That was my big problem. I liked the first several episodes, but the epic trap dude keeps bugging me. I keep thinking it's a girl, then... nope, it's a man.... >.<
That happens in war, innocent people die, we dont see a great deal of story on their background as well do we. The fact that its happening is more reason for them to put that in their for the viewers
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 00:32   Link #713
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
Yeah, but if director of series will say: "full functional GN-drive can be built on surface of Earth" - so it will be We already got some golden light emitting GN-drives, of unknown type...

They are the same Tau drive; just the MA was dipped in gold and the reflection of its bling make the particles look golden.

Many of you ask where those drives came from maybe like I and some others said earlier

Look i knew there were more Tau Drives out there HAHA empty GN holders

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 00:34   Link #714
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinegundam View Post
snip
Those are lights dude...

If they were holders for the Drives, then why aren't the circles the same size?

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 00:46   Link #715
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Characters that have done nothing wrong......are we watching the same show? THe entire message is that they have erred morally and are being punished for it. Allelujah even outright stated as such in one episode. You are also misusing the word epic by the way like just about everyone else these days. Epic refers to a tale of extended length or one surpassing the ordinary, not the degree to which a single instance is illustrated.

I'm sorry, an effeminate looking character is not a good enough reason for a series to be considered a trainwreck.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 01:12   Link #716
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Quote:
Come now, 9/11 and after surely destroyed your 90's sense of pop morality, when the joy of beating the big bad commie wolf meant that there was only ever good and evil and there was some form of natural morality in this universe?

People who are innocent get hurt. Good people die, bad people win. Happens all the time. If anything its a reflection that the show is with the zeitgeist.
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 01:15   Link #717
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
That happens in war, innocent people die, we dont see a great deal of story on their background as well do we. The fact that its happening is more reason for them to put that in their for the viewers
But it was pointless. Not even pointless in a "lets show them the horrors of war" kind of way. to me, it seemed like they purposely put in a kind-fuck just to mess with us. That annoys me like no other.
Old 2008-03-28, 01:25   Link #718
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
But it was pointless. Not even pointless in a "lets show them the horrors of war" kind of way. to me, it seemed like they purposely put in a kind-fuck just to mess with us. That annoys me like no other.
And what makes you say that? I'm curious.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 02:43   Link #719
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

C'mon guys, please... Episode 25 is like 20+ hours away.... please keep conflicts to the bare minimum, if not, nullify it.

Enjoy discussing!
Old 2008-03-28, 02:47   Link #720
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
What's a kind-fuck?

Anyway, Gundam 00 Episode 24 is up.

Be somewhat forewarned, in this article I finally go full on against a lot of people also blogging this series who have frankly annoyed the heck out of me with their pokes and prods about me, the series and how it should apparently be seen. It's not something I do on a whim, but as a response to a good 3-4 months of putting up with these people and letting them have their moment to see if they would just knock it off. Seeing as they haven't I get to play at my original angry anime fan self for the first time in well over 5 months. It doesn't mean I'm going back to my old ways of nastiness that I regret from my days on the Haruhi forums and is a one shot all in one response to a whole buttload of things I had hoped to keep to myself in the spirit of friendly coexistence with people I frankly just do not see eye to eye with.

Anyway, I felt some things could have been handled better this time. The Albatori for the first time has made me say "Overpowered" and really seems like it came out of Gundam Seed. Also the death of Moreno was about as overwrought as you can get with Ian's reaction and the deaths of Chris and Lichty while poignant carried on a bit too long. Also the absence of Key characters like Ali and Graham just took away from things a bit. The Union is no longer a part of this battle and it feels instantly different with their absence somehow, like the spirit of the battle (No Garaham or Darryl....I might have to change my own name from Graham to Garaham)is lost in a sea of just a touch to much depressing sorrow. Tieria makes up for it somewhat with his sudden Garness that seems like the end result of the character growth we've seen in him over the course of the past 7 or so episodes and gives the battle a bit of a sense of purpose other than just the Meister's fighting for their very survival.

The Victory Gundam atmosphere really was evident throughout this whole episode, I really have to say. Victory Gundam for those who don't know is the last of the U.C Series whose title is a misnomer as it's mostly about the characters suffering loss after loss after loss and experiencing nothing but soul crushing grief.

I gave this episode an 8, because I felt it was very good, but could have been a lot better.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote