AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Tales of the Abyss - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 8 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 43.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-01, 21:51   Link #21
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Loved this episode, Luke is really better with this new hair.
True. He looks better with short hair ^^

I liked this episode. Luke really tries to change, but as Tear said, it's not easy to regain trust once you lost it.

Mieu was so cute in this episode XD.

And we learned why Van's plans are, and why he's doing that.

Guy was hilarious in this episode XD. When Luke said "arigato", and when Anise appeared XD

So, interresting episode, really
Old 2008-12-02, 03:24   Link #22
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolin.shana View Post
@serenade_beta : actually, it's more like
Spoiler for ep10:
I think there's some ambiguity in all of that.

Spoiler:

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-12-02 at 03:35.
Old 2008-12-02, 14:22   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I think there's some ambiguity in all of that.

Spoiler:
EIther way you gotta feel bad for the guy. Not knowing someones true feelings weather it be romantic or not is just tough. Especially someone who has basically known all his life however short that is. I think Natalia is somewhat torn too or what she really feels. Asch and Luke have different personalities but she cares for both but obviously Asch is the person who she made that promise with. Is it still important to him? Does Luke actually care about the engagement? Does Natalia still want to marry Luke knowing hes not the real one? Only time will tell i guess but damn explaining everything to her father and to Lukes parents thats something i wouldnt want to do.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:50   Link #24
kujoe
from head to heel

At that point, I don't think Luke is preoccupied with regaining Natalia's romantic attention. He's focused on his own well-being, to make up for things and change for the better. Moreover, he has really never shown any romantic affection towards her, but he does want her trust back.

I think Natalia is the one who has to sort out things for herself. She does have feelings for Asch, but she has to reconcile her feelings with the fact that everything's changed for all of them.
Old 2008-12-03, 22:50   Link #25
bloodyknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
At that point, I don't think Luke is preoccupied with regaining Natalia's romantic attention. He's focused on his own well-being, to make up for things and change for the better. Moreover, he has really never shown any romantic affection towards her, but he does want her trust back.

I think Natalia is the one who has to sort out things for herself. She does have feelings for Asch, but she has to reconcile her feelings with the fact that everything's changed for all of them.
I find that hard to disagree with you, dude...

I do envy Luke... As a replica, he has been receiving too much privileges and have friends like the responisble Guy... Unlike Asch who without a doubt had his life taken away from him... You can see how sad he is when the episode show him as a kid returning back home to find himself unwelcomed...

Luke better do more than just opening his big mouth... at least execute what he has accomplished in the game... otherwise, the consequences might be beyond belief...
Old 2008-12-04, 09:49   Link #26
vspirit
...huh?

^...he's the hero of a fictional story made in Japan. If he's a real life person, your worry wouldn't be unwarranted but since he isn't, I think you can rest easy. And I think we can all be safe in our assumption that the ending of the anime will most likely follow the ending of the game. So you needn't have to worry at all there, I don't think.
Old 2008-12-04, 20:18   Link #27
bloodyknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
^...he's the hero of a fictional story made in Japan. If he's a real life person, your worry wouldn't be unwarranted but since he isn't, I think you can rest easy. And I think we can all be safe in our assumption that the ending of the anime will most likely follow the ending of the game. So you needn't have to worry at all there, I don't think.
I guess I had to agree... Thinking too much, I am...
Old 2008-12-05, 12:35   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
EIther way you gotta feel bad for the guy. Not knowing someones true feelings weather it be romantic or not is just tough. Especially someone who has basically known all his life however short that is. I think Natalia is somewhat torn too or what she really feels. Asch and Luke have different personalities but she cares for both but obviously Asch is the person who she made that promise with. Is it still important to him? Does Luke actually care about the engagement? Does Natalia still want to marry Luke knowing hes not the real one? Only time will tell i guess but damn explaining everything to her father and to Lukes parents thats something i wouldnt want to do.
Actually, at the moment she cares for Asch more knowing that she is LUKE. I think the replica Luke to her just seems like an outsider when it comes to placing her feelings. Even though she has spent the past 7 years with Luke, to her he wasn't exactly likable at all (points are annoying attitude). Natalia may feel relieved that she doesn't have any commitment with this Luke anymore knowing that Asch is the one she should be pouring affection into. Luke is just an unfortunate scapegoat in this case with the wrong doings being blame onto him because he is the replica and so doesn't really matter what happened to him. This may be an extreme view to take but Natalia isn't completely innocent of thinking this way...even if it is just a bit.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-12-09, 00:08   Link #29
Cyz
"Show it to me"

That must've hurt Luke pretty bad when Natalia asked if he was Luke? I think Natalia recognize the "pain" and decided that she didn't mean what she said though it was partly a lie anyway.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-12-09, 07:11   Link #30
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I really hate Luke more and more and more..... Sure he has changed for the better, but at what cost? Asch the bloody? Me thinks it should be Luke the bloody....
Old 2008-12-11, 11:27   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Actually, at the moment she cares for Asch more knowing that she is LUKE. I think the replica Luke to her just seems like an outsider when it comes to placing her feelings. Even though she has spent the past 7 years with Luke, to her he wasn't exactly likable at all (points are annoying attitude). Natalia may feel relieved that she doesn't have any commitment with this Luke anymore knowing that Asch is the one she should be pouring affection into. Luke is just an unfortunate scapegoat in this case with the wrong doings being blame onto him because he is the replica and so doesn't really matter what happened to him. This may be an extreme view to take but Natalia isn't completely innocent of thinking this way...even if it is just a bit.
I sense Tear moving into the role that Natalia once had and Natalia focusing more on Asch. I just dont know what Asch's feelings are and does he really want to be king. Any person who marries Natalia is going to be king.
Old 2008-12-12, 12:29   Link #32
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The thing is, in Natalia's case, she was always trying to recapture the past Luke rather then accept and bond with the person that Luke was after the incident. It wasn't necessarily Luke's attitude but rather that Natalia never really saw Luke as himself but rather as the boy she made the promise to all those years ago. But the problem that will come up is that there is no doubt that Asch is very different to the person who made that promise with her, so her situation does not necessarily change all that much.
Old 2009-03-08, 20:40   Link #33
GreenLama
Banned

A pretty good episode, but not as good as the past 4 or 5 before it IMO, the best thing about this offering was the sword fight between Luke and the guard during the rescue sequence. They ended this episode rather epic and it's making me think in the next few episodes I am going to be treated to an Asche -vs- Luke fight or something, but I am still unsure, if it happens I am definatly cheering for Luke!

Anise is becoming annoying and all she does now is put down Luke when at one point she was basicly all over him, her character is running dry with me I guess....

I am also beginning to think that Natalia and Luke's relationship is starting to dwindle down, I wouldn't be suprised if they are finished as of the next few episodes. Obviously you guys know the outcome and I don't yet, but thats how I am feeling towards it as of right now, I hope they don't break it off, but it looks to be coming.
Closed Thread