AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-05-12, 20:09   Link #141
onemadcow

I like that idea! Often times I like to listen to the instrumental version to pick out things that were buried by the vocals in the final mix. Cagayake Girls is far more interesting to listen to without the vocals than with; the complexity of the bass line stands out more, and all of the ear candy on the keyboards is clearer. I'm looking forward to the new single.

BTW, 3rd week sales are out for the OP & ED and the KyoAni magic continues. 'Lazy' sold another 16k and was at number 5 for the week (that makes 105k total) and 'Cagayake' sold 13.5k coming in at number 7 (for 95k total). I seriously doubt that they'll stay in the top 10 this week, but i think it's still possible for them to another 6~8k and with 'Fuwafuwa Time' coming out the week after, they may a few more weeks in the top 20...
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 20:50   Link #142
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Well I heard Mio's new song, Fuwafuwa Time, in Ep 6 and I didn't really care for it. The song or its presentation in that episode. Too bad (for me at least).

But she'll still be coming out with more songs right? Other than the B-track?
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 20:51   Link #143
Midonin
Last Engage

The character songs announced one page ago...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:57   Link #144
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Okay, I thought I remember that being said. Not sure how they'll turn out though. Hopefully not cute songs. I’d like something more in line with Don’t Say Lazy.
Old 2009-05-13, 02:04   Link #145
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
Okay, I thought I remember that being said. Not sure how they'll turn out though. Hopefully not cute songs. I’d like something more in line with Don’t Say Lazy.

Tryin to say no more J-pops... and more J-rock !!
skyfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 05:24   Link #146
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

During 3rd week, Don't say lazy sold 15,971, that would almost total up to 100,000. Cagayake GIRLS did 13,606. That is still amazing for a 3rd week. I'll see how long this would stay in the top 200.

Compared to our 'Ginga no Yosei', she only did 10,365 and this is her first week.
Old 2009-05-13, 22:34   Link #147
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfirefly View Post
Tryin to say no more J-pops... and more J-rock !!
Haha, in this case I guess I am. Although I like J-Pop too, I can't stand the cutesy songs unless I really like the voice singing it. (i.e. Kagami's voice) Not that I'm trying to say one's better than the other, it's just a preference call.
Old 2009-05-14, 06:28   Link #148
[ARX7]

amazing how they got 60k+ sales on both OP and ED songs o.O though i wonder if they bothered to include the short solo before cutting into comercials (the one where Yui says K-ON after playing her guitar).. dunno what it's called >.<
[ARX7] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 06:41   Link #149
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The sales are bordering on 100k now, aren't they? For both singles?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 10:43   Link #150
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

If my memories serves me right, from the first two weeks, Don't say Lazy did 88k and the opening did 85k. Adding the sales number from this week, the ending has sold 100k and the opening is close to 100k. I think these two singles are out selling Haruhi related singles, I wonder how well the DVDs/Blu-ray would sell.

I have no idea on who's buying the singles, otakus that's buying multiple copies or alot of casual fans buying it. I'm waiting to see how well Fuwa Fuwa time would sell....and Mio's character single.
Old 2009-05-14, 10:45   Link #151
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I, for one, wouldn't spend my money of Fuwa Fuwa Time, myself. Didn't care for the song all that much. But let's see how it does.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 11:30   Link #152
therationalpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I have no idea on who's buying the singles, otakus that's buying multiple copies or alot of casual fans buying it. I'm waiting to see how well Fuwa Fuwa time would sell....and Mio's character single.
Probably the second. Because the show is about a band, I think people associate it more closely with the music than they would for other shows.
Old 2009-05-15, 18:21   Link #153
onemadcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
The sales are bordering on 100k now, aren't they? For both singles?
'Lazy' is at 105k, and 'Cagayake' is at 95k. Since the songs are now out of the top ten it's getting harder to gague sales, but I think that by the end of this week, both songs will be over 100k
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 16:16   Link #154
Midonin
Last Engage

For reasons that at least appear to be consistent, "Fuwa Fuwa Time" is already freely available, and as such, I've given it a listen.

The song's still a fun one, and, yes, Yui's voice is back to normal. Now it's only a matter of time before someone creates a full-length music video for it.

"Tsubasa wo Kudasai" is a really nice B-side. I'm not the best with lingo for music and voices - as much as I've memorized them - but something about the tune is fun. It sounds like it could be the ending theme to another anime that I'd like to watch. One with a walking-the-earth type feel.
Old 2009-05-17, 18:07   Link #155
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

"Tsubasa wo Kudasai" is really nice. A fun song to listen too.

"Fuwa Fuwa Time" is great too.

I like the instrumental minus one versions too.
Old 2009-05-17, 19:09   Link #156
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Is it just me or are the titles on the Fuwa Fuwa Time instrumentals all mixed up? The bass one sounds more like a guitar focus to me and vice versa.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 19:33   Link #157
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemadcow View Post
'Lazy' is at 105k, and 'Cagayake' is at 95k. Since the songs are now out of the top ten it's getting harder to gague sales, but I think that by the end of this week, both songs will be over 100k
.... seriously? Ugh, wonder what it'll look like for the end of the year....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
Is it just me or are the titles on the Fuwa Fuwa Time instrumentals all mixed up? The bass one sounds more like a guitar focus to me and vice versa.
If you look at the booklet, it actually says (Instrumental 【-Bass】). So if you're getting the single from a different source that didn't keep the original Japanese intact, it'd be more accurate to change the title to "Minus [instrument]", though I think the seiyuu for the show said -less. But "bassless" just sounds weird. >>;

PS - I think the cat in my avatar is staring at Noe?. :B

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 19:35   Link #158
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
But "bassless" just sounds weird. >>;
True. As long as people aren't making bassless accusations about the single.
Old 2009-05-18, 06:06   Link #159
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
True. As long as people aren't making bassless accusations about the single.
I see what you did there...
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 11:09   Link #160
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Yui's singing Fuwa Fuwa Time with her normal voice at last, though I would still prefer to have a version with her hoarse Sumo voice. xD
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote