AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-04, 11:07   Link #1181
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryon View Post
Haters gonna love this: http://i.imgur.com/pDmWv.jpg
True idols don't hate their haters...they're forgiving and will listen to their haters criticism to improve themselves?

probably along that idea the ep is trying to show lol.

OMFG YES! Whoever those girls are, I want catfights :3
I want Chieri to get along with the girls too...she's such a lone wolf in the group and she know that she's lonely
Hopefully who ever these new rivals are, it can push the main girls together and help them bond

Also...MORE CUTE SONATA!!!! <3

mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 11:08   Link #1182
Midonin
Last Engage

They'd get along just fine with the Yacht Club.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 11:26   Link #1183
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
My guess is that those are prior recordings. Considering that some of songs are from their theater stage songs and are team specific (most of them anyway), new recording sounds too much if a hassle. Besides if the VAs(main character group) are actually doing new recordings, you would expect that "No Name" being credited in the ED, but they are not
I figured that might be the case (like I said, the rendition of Aitakatta in Ep 1 sounded a lot like it was pulled from Team A 1st Stage «Party ga Hajimaru yo», which came out in 2007). Though it would be cool if the seiyuu who're playing the senbatsu were actually recording those songs - a glance at the castlist shows that the senbatsu seiyuu are all girls who can sing. *shrug* Ah well, it still sounds nice, and it's a good song to open with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflate View Post
Kashiwagi Yuki is still in irl AKB, she's the captain of team B. Probably you're thinking of Urano Kazumi, the unofficial leader of team B back then when there were no official captains?
Snap, yeah, I think that's the one. Had a nickname about something to do with being a long cat, right?

My AKB-fu is quite weak. I haven't really been paying attention since "Sakura no Shiori" came out Shit. That was two years ago.

Quote:
And having Anti as an insert song is just so... fitting? Especially since Anti is originally sung by the trainees, and is a song about having haters. Basically as a fan of the group I am pleased by the amount of references and fitting song choices XD
Gotta take your word on this - I'll have to start looking into their stuff again. So much backlog And I can never really keep up with the news and thigns - it's so much serious business from the fans, and I eventually go, "There are more important things to worry about."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Yeah, So far it anything almost all the insert songs had fit the plot perfectly, than again, it helps to have 300+ song in your library to play with and majority of them are custom written in response to an event and the members who sang them.

As Urano and others, I really feel bad for them. Despite being 1st/2nd members they kept getting shafted and their graduations where really more like demotion.
It seems like it was just yesterday, but there was a time when AKB48 was struggling to be recognised against the behemoth that was Morning Musume and Hello Project - to say nothing of Girls Generation. Hard to believe it's been, what, six years since they started? You can build a substantial body of work in that time. Really gotta admire those of them who've been there from the start and are still carrying on.

...though business-wise, it does make sense to have Jurina Matsui in - she joined SKE48 when she was still a loli and got pushed as a center simply because she has a longer shelf life than someone like KojiHaru - Akimoto tends to toss the girls out once they hit 25. With Jurina, who's only just 15 this year, that's still another ten years of use out of her...

But yeah, I do feel for the older girls. Wonder what's happened to them since then... IIRC Ohori was once supposed to be dropped from Team K but managed to rally and survive, before eventually getting tossed to SDN48 - which I've heard is being shut down as Akimoto wants to form a global 48 franchise and needs cash. <.<

One thing about this show though - you do see the amount of work the girls put into their songs. I'd like to think that amount of hard work is something we can all get behind.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 11:33   Link #1184
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...though business-wise, it does make sense to have Jurina Matsui in - she joined SKE48 when she was still a loli and got pushed as a center simply because she has a longer shelf life than someone like KojiHaru - Akimoto tends to toss the girls out once they hit 25. With Jurina, who's only just 15 this year, that's still another ten years of use out of her...

But yeah, I do feel for the older girls. Wonder what's happened to them since then... IIRC Ohori was once supposed to be dropped from Team K but managed to rally and survive, before eventually getting tossed to SDN48 - which I've heard is being shut down as Akimoto wants to form a global 48 franchise and needs cash. <.<
Nah~ if so AkiP would be pushing the lolis in Team B more too since they're their average age is younger compare to A, and K, instead of them being ignore....Team B get shaft like no other.....

Jurina was pushed because she have good work ethic and is serious about what she do. She's a good dancer too and have star power. You can even see the way she act is way too mature and also the girl was hospitalized recently for overworking because she can't stop herself. Even Mariko told her to slow down. She was giving indefinite time rest but she came back after like a few days and even said she hasn't recovered fully yet but want to work more.

Mariko is like 26 and she's doing ok too. 4th most followed Twitter in Japan, alot of fashion works, acting roles etc. It's not really the old age. It's just most of the last older girls don't have the impact to stand out and fans just lost interest in them.

If you want to get the new AKB news just go to STAGE48.
Alot happened since Sakura no Shiori lol

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-06-04 at 11:59.
Old 2012-06-04, 12:00   Link #1185
ookamigirl

The promo video for the 77th generation was nice.
Orine's first death threat sounded pretty serious.
It really shook her up.
The handshake debut event was interesting.
That attack sure made things more lively.
Orine quickly turned her hater into a friendlier version ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 12:24   Link #1186
mochichan

BTW, I think Chieri at the end said "I knew it, this machine..."
Since her dad is the weapon supplier, it make sense she would recognize the weapons but maybe her dad could be the reason why DES came to take back Chieri?
Those KKS promo vids were shown in other planets.

Also rewatching the ep again...the part when Orine try to protect the boy make me all emotional but then the wota made me laughed so hard...
Old 2012-06-04, 12:38   Link #1187
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
BTW, I think Chieri at the end said "I knew it, this machine..."
Since her dad is the weapon supplier, it make sense she would recognize the weapons but maybe her dad could be the reason why DES came to take back Chieri?
Yeah, I had the same impression. It's a very likely possibility.

EDIT:
Quote:
the part when Orine try to protect the boy make me all emotional
The handshake with the little girl made me all emotional (I was about to cry like Nagisa and Yuuka lol), but I couldn't get into the scene with the boy. It's like they were trying too hard and it just didn't feel natural.... just my two cents.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-04 at 12:51.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 12:46   Link #1188
Random Wanderer

Wow, I didn't realize Takamina was so short compared to those other girls.

Sorry, the kid doesn't get a pass from me. Hunt him down and beat his face in.

Oh Chieri... We can see that you care, but the way you say these things comes out all wrong. At least you acted quickly and correctly at the event. Hopefully the others can see that your heart is in the right place, although you may have some trouble convincing Yuuka. On the other hand, Yuuka did give her that dress... (Although I'm a bit shocked that actually fit Chieri. Yuuka is flat-chested and short, and Chieri is neither of those things.)

So now that it's translated we see an answer to some people's questions as to how DES got to Akibastar. They didn't. The event was on a different planet, although one still supposedly within the absolute entertainment protection sphere. Seriously though, what sort of psychos attack a public event and shoot live ammo at civilians? I called them terrorists before, and I'm standing by that designation.

Deflecting bullets with a micsaber? While I'll accept that the blade could be physically capable of doing so, I can't believe that the girls are. They don't have superhuman reflexes. They're just ordinary kids.

Points to Chieri for taking down the mech, and it looked like she recognized it. Probably manufactured by her family's corporation.

Quote:
Also I'm surprised there's no mention of yuri shipping yet, but then given this sort of work, the girls are way too busy for romance.
I don't know, I'm just not getting any romance vibes off of these girls. Logically we could be shipping several of them with each other, but it just doesn't feel right. By that I don't mean it feels wrong, but rather the idea of shipping doesn't feel like it's even a part of this series. It's just... not there.

Hmm... although Chieri stalking Yuuko in the preview is interesting.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:06   Link #1189
mochichan

Takamina height......check out them shoes..:P

About the attack on the planet..I'm working on the theory that Chieri's dad influenced DES to attack the planet to take back his daughter. That would explain why they came into an ent. protected planet.

And I don't think this show intended target is for yuri shipper since the show genre seem more like shoujo...XD

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-06-04 at 13:23.
Old 2012-06-04, 13:11   Link #1190
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
And I don't think this show intended target is for yuri shipper since the show genre seem more like shoujo...XD
Like that's a barrier. One of the current girls' series - Smile Precure - has an elaborate tangled web of relationships where you could reasonably pair up nearly any of the five girls together in any conceivable combination, and seeing the way it develops on pixiv, this fanon, is fun. Granted, most of it's a delusion, but then, so is most shipping.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:26   Link #1191
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Like that's a barrier. One of the current girls' series - Smile Precure - has an elaborate tangled web of relationships where you could reasonably pair up nearly any of the five girls together in any conceivable combination, and seeing the way it develops on pixiv, this fanon, is fun. Granted, most of it's a delusion, but then, so is most shipping.
I guess...but i don't see much romantic vibe so far and there's really no way you can interpret their relationship as more than friends unless someone is over reaching and over interpret things
Old 2012-06-04, 14:12   Link #1192
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
...Sorry, the kid doesn't get a pass from me. Hunt him down and beat his face in....
There are thousands of kids in Japan who get their rocks off filling seiyuu comment threads with nastiness. You'd need three police forces to hunt them down. Yuuki Aoi's 2channel thread has been a war zone for a couple of months.

In fact, I was comforted by the point the show made that the "antis" can be useful. In my experience, many of their posts have a grain of truth. They just lack breadth of understanding and a sense of proportion. If the performer can be thick-skinned enough, the criticism can be useful.

Another enjoyable episode.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 14:25   Link #1193
sa547
*Author

On the issue of Cheri and Nagisa being put smack in the center -- some people in the know would say it's a "push" because to be placed at the center of, say, a music video or a stage performance matters much, a little positive thing that could very well (factored in along with those other little things) indirectly affect their standing at the upcoming senbatsu election announcement in two day's time.

As for fan-pandering: it's going to stay as a fact of life in most parts of the Japanese entertainment industry; what's popular is bound to sell, no matter how derp it might look to some people (as well as for those outside the country and who aren't natural anthropologists).

Having rewatched the episode, looks like I missed out that Katyusha is in orbit over another planet (ala Sulaco). My bad. :P
Old 2012-06-04, 14:36   Link #1194
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There are thousands of kids in Japan who get their rocks off filling seiyuu comment threads with nastiness. You'd need three police forces to hunt them down.
I know, but when I see a nice specific case like this, it really makes me want to make an example of him. He hurt Orine, and I will not forgive him for that. Also, a bomb-threat is going overboard even for hatedom. I don't know how common such things might be, but that goes far enough into illegality that there should have been arrest-on-sight orders out for the kid.

Quote:
I guess...but i don't see much romantic vibe so far and there's really no way you can interpret their relationship as more than friends unless someone is over reaching and over interpret things
That's what shippers do. It's practically their job description. For me, though, the idea of romances between the girls didn't even cross my mind until that comment was made. Even when people talked about Yuuko sexually harassing Nagisa and Chieri in episode 2, I didn't get true yuri vibes out of it. This series just doesn't feel like a place where romance has any bearing, to me.

Quote:
Takamina height......check out them shoes..:P
Man, all these subtleties. Someone's really having fun matching up 0048 girls with their real life counterparts, trying to get as many similarities in there as they can. It all goes over my head, though. I don't care about real-life idols. I'm here for an entertaining anime.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 14:46   Link #1195
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post

That's what shippers do. It's practically their job description. For me, though, the idea of romances between the girls didn't even cross my mind until that comment was made. Even when people talked about Yuuko sexually harassing Nagisa and Chieri in episode 2, I didn't get true yuri vibes out of it. This series just doesn't feel like a place where romance has any bearing, to me.

Oh....I don't think that's an attempt to create Yuri.....Yuko is a pervert...

It's like....she think girls are cute and just like to touch them. It's not really Yuri..but her perverted 30 yrs old men personality is pretty famous and she's pretty touchy with other girls. Especially Kojima Haruna

Spoiler for kojiyuu:

I think threats like that can be common..not bombs...tho hard to rule it out since management could keep it under secret... but some haters do go to some great length to injure celeb. A Korean idol Yunho got poisoned with super glue

Of course...Kpop fandom and korean idol fandom is full of crazier people than the Jpop idol scene so the extend is worst.
I have heard cases of fans coming up to the girls at handshake event and insult them because idols like the 48 are much easier target to criticism because of their regular handshake events. Coincidentally the story line of this ep coincide with this incident, pretty sure there's some inspiration from real life events of antis at AKB handshake...

Which make me wonder what's the point? spending $20 just to diss them to their face? wow....
Old 2012-06-04, 17:04   Link #1196
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

How dare that brat make Orine cry. Thankfully she was able to get over it and help her grow. Orine first fan was too cute. So the DES robots that attacked were form Chieri's family? Like how they used their recent single for the promo music.
Old 2012-06-04, 17:15   Link #1197
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So the DES robots that attacked were form Chieri's family?
Most likely, yes. Episode 2 states that Zodiac Corporation (her father's company) is the main military supplier of DGTO.

Chieri's line at the end of this episode pretty much confirms it.
Old 2012-06-04, 17:21   Link #1198
mechdra

There is another possibilty for the mech, it did not belong to Chieri's family. The 2 lines she said might be a hint because the mech acts diffrently and she somehow know it is not from her dad.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 17:27   Link #1199
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
There is another possibilty for the mech, it did not belong to Chieri's family. The 2 lines she said might be a hint because the mech acts diffrently and she somehow know it is not from her dad.
But she even knew exactly where to strike to bring it down. If it didn't come from her company, how would she know so much about it?
Old 2012-06-04, 17:40   Link #1200
mechdra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But she even knew exactly where to strike to bring it down. If it didn't come from her company, how would she know so much about it?
The place where the computer might be the same but why would she open it up to check the mech when she know it is from her company.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime