AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 07:54   Link #2681
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Some people in another forum talking about PR's elections and the possibility of them becoming an official state. I decided to share the most LOL thing I found in that thread.

Old 2012-11-07, 07:56   Link #2682
Destined_Fate

Hmm... Donald Trump seems angry, he tweeted that this isn't a democracy since Obama won both the electoral and popular vote.

Eh, I don't mind. Let them in!
Old 2012-11-07, 08:19   Link #2683
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
How'd Gary Johnson do anyway?
Several pages later, the question still stands. Don't you ever ask any such silly questions! This is a two party system, buddy. *grabs James by his slender waist and tugs firmly* Get back in line!

If anyone cares, Gary Johnson got less than 1% of the popular vote and he was predicting a Obama win few hours few the polls closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I honestly felt it was incredibly insincere. No emotion. McCain had much more emotion in his defeat.
Oh, I thought he showed emotion. We're talking about a guy who pretty much moved to the center in the middle of his first debate to give himself the chance to win. In the following days in the campaign trail it becomes clear how much he hates to lose. It hurt Romney big time and it showed in his concession speech. I was even pondering at one point that if he will start tearing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
So what was total?

I hear around 2 billion spent total. And Obama like 200 million more than Romney.

So be like 900 million Romney and 1.1 billion Obama.
2.6 billion dollars were spent all together. GOP super pac outspent DEM super pac by a margin of almost 3 to 1.
Old 2012-11-07, 08:56   Link #2684
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Interesting Read

Obama is in a very good position right now. He's crafty.
Old 2012-11-07, 08:57   Link #2685
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
2.6 billion dollars were spent all together. GOP super pac outspent DEM super pac by a margin of almost 3 to 1.
So ironically, does this mean that the GOP created more jobs than the Dems? Hiring people to run the campaigns and such?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-07, 09:09   Link #2686
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So ironically, does this mean that the GOP created more jobs than the Dems? Hiring people to run the campaigns and such?
That's what I wonder as well. Does this stimulate the economy in any way? Or it only generated a small bump as it is temporary work and technically unproductive?

Quote:
Obama is in a very good position right now. He's crafty.
The GOP, like Romney, lie about what they stand for. Namely, that they supposedly favour spending cuts and small government.

Obama simply delayed the reckoning until it all happens on the same month. When all the lies come home to roost. And all because Republicans rejected a generous offer from Obama, thinking that it would help crush Obama's 2nd term chances.

The gamble did not pay off. And if you lose a gamble, you have to pay up.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-11-07 at 09:21.
Old 2012-11-07, 09:14   Link #2687
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
They did no such things. Most of their money went to buying TV ads and some of it went to providing funds for polling. Super PACs also have to pay three times the normal rate as outlined at forming-Super-PAC. If anyone profitted, it's the network. There is a reason why presidential election gets so much TV coverage and why the race stays "neck-and-neck" for most of the years.

Campaign is, on the other hand, done mostly by volunteers.
Old 2012-11-07, 09:40   Link #2688
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Donald Trump and Victoria Jackson's twitter meltdown was hilarious
Old 2012-11-07, 09:48   Link #2689
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Better question DJ... since I'm confident you know everything about Texas by living somewhere in Central Texas, tell us how Texas is handling this? Also any new words on that judge who was getting ready for a civil war? Are you being drafted to join as his army of deputies? And finally, aren't you worried you will be found out about your closet-Democrat status? You are in the middle of Texas for heaven's sake. Finally, have you purchased your zombie-killing shotgun shell to prepare for the oncoming thousand years of darkness that is about to loom on Texas, probably starting from December 21st?

Just in case:

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-11-07, 09:56   Link #2690
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Surprisingly, no revolutions or fires happening...yet :0 Most of the people I know either voted Obama or Johnson. There are a few sad sacks here and there that did vote Obama because he was black *deep sigh*

Even funnier, a Republican strategist said there was "a Latino problem" when I know of several who voted for Romney...

I was half tempted to troll the hell out of a friend of mine who proclaimed "Israel is screwed." because Obama won
Old 2012-11-07, 10:20   Link #2691
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I know man, sweet delicious tears
Old 2012-11-07, 10:24   Link #2692
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
How'd Gary Johnson do anyway?
Sorry for the late response James, I had to go to bed.
Gary only got 1% of the vote, which shows me the sad state of affairs in this country.
And to the man's credit, he did predict Obama would win a full day before it happened.

Mr. Johnson understood what everybody that voted for him understands.
There is/was no difference between Obama and Romney.

We are going to get two more years of the same dismal policies and maybe when it finally gets bad enough, Americans will pull their heads out of their collective asses and vote 3rd Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
And I suppose the FOX News ones power the generators?

Congratz to the USA for dodging a bullet.

Dodged?
No the US just chose to shoot themselves in the left temple rather than the right as the DOW Jones is currently showing.
After the Green Agenda starts and the economy starts to tank, then the Red Vs. Blue finger pointing crap will begin all over again while the US is replaced by China as the world's leading economy.
We've chosen the way of oblivion and we deserve it because Americans as a whole appear either too stupid or too brainwashed to notice 100 years of both parties taking us down the same path to destruction.
Old 2012-11-07, 10:28   Link #2693
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Apparently The California Democrats now have a 2/3rds majority in both the state senate and Assembly (The Senate is the upper house, The Assembly the lower house). This is LOL HUEG, the first time in 80 years that a party has had such control, and because of the stupid conditions in Prop.13, it's the minimum level of votes needed to raise taxes.
Old 2012-11-07, 10:28   Link #2694
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Dodged?
No the US just chose to shoot themselves in the left temple rather than the right as the DOW Jones is currently showing.
After the Green Agenda starts and the economy starts to tank, then the Red Vs. Blue finger pointing crap will begin all over again while the US is replaced by China as the world's leading economy.
We've chosen the way of oblivion and we deserve it because Americans as a whole appear either too stupid or too brainwashed to notice 100 years of both parties taking us down the same path to destruction.
Quote for that. Totally.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-07, 10:37   Link #2695
james0246

Quote:
Several pages later, the question still stands. Don't you ever ask any such silly questions! This is a two party system, buddy. *grabs James by his slender waist and tugs firmly* Get back in line!
Well, if anyone is going to be handling my goods, I'm glad its you .

Quote:
If anyone cares, Gary Johnson got less than 1% of the popular vote and he was predicting a Obama win few hours few the polls closed.
I really hoped that Johnson would have received more of the vote. 3rd Party candidates are a great way of determining the mental state of either major party. Perot "took" votes from everyone in 1992 due to general dissatisfaction, Nader "took" votes in 2000 because Democrats were unsure of Gore's plans for the future (honestly, Gore really lost because of New Hampshire). So, I was hoping Johnson would have taken at least 5% of the vote so that Republicans (and Democrats) would have a quantifiable reason to change their ways. Instead, after listening to Fox last night/this morning, they seem to be doubling down on blaming Romney and not their political strategies. Oh well, I guess the referendum on the Republican Party and the political process will have to wait.

Still, good for the Libertarian Party. They (finally) got 1% of the popular vote. which is just another data point in the ever so slow trend upward toward the White House. Give them another 100 years and they might finally get a Libertarian voted President .
Old 2012-11-07, 10:39   Link #2696
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Well, you have to understand that helicopter Ben was only injecting money to prop up the DOW until after the election was over.
Now the pain begins because you cannot inject $40bn a month and not have major inflation/devaluation of the dollar.
Old 2012-11-07, 10:44   Link #2697
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Dodged?
Quote:
Well, you have to understand that helicopter Ben was only injecting money to prop up the DOW until after the election was over.
Now the pain begins because you cannot inject $40bn a month and not have major inflation/devaluation of the dollar.
Not to speak for the market .. but unless you're a trader or investment banker or equity research analyst and know better than I do .. most of the concern is related to the deadlock of a split Congress/Senate and the inability to deal with the "fiscal cliff" .. inflation isn't the problem. They're trying to create inflation, it's just not sticking.

Anyways, there has been a lot of discussion now among pundits and Republican strategists (including the GOP Latino strategist) about how the party needs to figure itself out. Demographics are changing. The Tea Party cost the GOP 5 senate seats over the last few years. Cost them the Latino vote and Florida this year. Cost them female voters. Tying this back to what I was saying before .. the country/voters is/are becoming:

1) Less white, more latino/black/asian
2) More female
3) Split more young / old
4) Split along income levels (rich / poor)

So .. it'll be interesting to see whether there will be a "moderate Republican" backlash against the more conservative elements of it's own party. I'd be happy to see a 3-party system with conservative Dems and moderate Reps getting together. Then again I'm the crazy Canadian that believes in universal healthcare, gun control and a moderate sized government and can't understand my U.S. counterparts south of New York ..

Cannot produce a prediction at this time
Old 2012-11-07, 10:47   Link #2698
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
It's official: THIS is a meltdown on tweeter far worse than what Piers Morgan ever wrote when his football club is performing poorly.
Old 2012-11-07, 10:48   Link #2699
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Cannot produce a prediction at this time
Well we can. China taking over them as the No.1 economy of the world.

Old 2012-11-07, 10:51   Link #2700
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
These tears. They are... they are so delicious. Please, cry some moar *sip*

But seriously, what a relief it turned out as it did. Good on you, Obama, good on you.

Closed Thread