AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-03, 21:34   Link #781
VetaMega

I personally thought episode II was far better than episode XI. A few shots of lancelot fighting guren and a name that's never heard doesn't appeal to me. Lulu struting his stuff and the appearance of lancelot sold the series for me...that and episode VIII, where Lulu founds the OoBK. Lulu sells...without him, it'd be just another boring mech series.

I believe that the next episode will be even better, with Lulu finally finding out about the pilot of lancelot and the appearance of Toudou, the new mecha, and Lakshaka.
Old 2007-02-03, 21:42   Link #782
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
If they really wanted to cause interactions between chars who dont normally interact, I'd love to see Cornelia and Zero stuck on a deserted island together.
heh. only problem is that in that case they'd both be trying to kill each other. >.<

which might actually be fun in it own way. ^_^
Old 2007-02-03, 22:47   Link #783
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
heh. only problem is that in that case they'd both be trying to kill each other. >.<

which might actually be fun in it own way. ^_^
lol not really, Zero will just geass her and the series will be pretty much over.
Old 2007-02-03, 23:00   Link #784
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Nah, he'd geass her to reveal what she knew of mariannes death and then after that, they'd be back to trying to kill each other.

But it would be intr to see the two siblings interact, considering their personalities are both so strong.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-02-04, 02:08   Link #785
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Okay, now that we know there is going to be another classic Sunrise plot device called "stuck on a deserted island", it got me thinking about what else the Code Geass team could dream up.

VCV Speculation:

We have a masked man, a prototype mecha, strange romantic relationships, so what else?

Why, a miniature death-star and/or colony drop of course!

So what if instead of a super mecha, Lelouch got himself a satellite cannon?

When it seemed all hope was gone, and tens of thousands of mass-produced Lancelot Knightmares were moving towards the recently-liberated Japan, Zero will save the day by vaporising the entire army! Then he would drop the energy-depicted satellite on wherever his father was located and thus complete the Gundam homage!
(This would actually suit Lelouch's personality much more than fighting Suzaku in a mech.)

Seriously, Lelouch looked like Cobra Commander from GIJoe anyway. Might as well play the part properly. I would forgive Sunrise for making GSD if they did the above.
Old 2007-02-04, 02:11   Link #786
ashlay
the red string of fate

while Lelouch having a space laser certainly seems....him, I don't think its something you can watch for more than a 5-10 minute action scene. (having seen a number of renditions. 0_o)

it just wouldn't work as a reoccuring weapon in a series. which kinda sucks, because it is awesome...and Lelouch having a space laser just sounds even more awesome.

who knows, maybe a space laser can make a guest appearance in one episode or near the end of the series.
Old 2007-02-04, 02:14   Link #787
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

And then in the 2nd season of Code Geass, Lelouch and Suzaku would fight in space with their mechs, and go MIA at the end.

Old 2007-02-04, 02:52   Link #788
etothex

Zero's got something better than a space laser: CC's ass. Take a pic of that, broadcast it via satellite (wait do satellites exist?) and boom, the britannian army won't know what hit em while they are busy staring.

The whole idea of this deserted island seems like such a waste of time (especially follwoing the failed attempt to capture lancelot. I mean god, all LL had to do was load CC into a missile bay, and fire her at lancelot. She mind-rapes Suz, they take him out). If we're lucky,we may get some more info about psycho boy's trauma. Personally the thought that Kallen is not trying as hard as she can to kill suzaku galls me. Of course we now know he is super-human, so she probably won't be able to. She might not even know that he is the lancelot's pilot. Either way, we know its going to end with some trite, "I don't agree with you, but i respect your stance blah blah, we'll fight honorably blah blah" crap. Gah! waste of an episode.

The Fake Okouchi spoilers said Suz is not an organic weapon made from sakuradite, but could it be something like that, to explain why/how Prime Minister Kururugi hid the fact that he had a son? If he just took care of some kid, which they performed experiments on, that would give more plausibility to the hiding of his existence. I like the idea of his being augmented with sakuradite too, as we could surmise his uber affinity with the lancelot and its special sakuradite core was due to resonance. For irony's sake, we could call the project: Project Japan's Last Hope.
Old 2007-02-04, 03:01   Link #789
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It was always known that Suzaku was the athelete while Lelouch was the weaker one.

We seen it in episode 1 where Suzaku has to help Lelouch climb up a small cliff and where he does that flying acrobatic kick when he discovers the 'poison capsule'

This episode simply reinforces that and shows us very well how the two complement each other. Lelouch makes the strategy and Suzaku executes it with remarkable accuracy.
Being physically strong for no apparent reason is called a plot device. It means that Suzaku's character is lacking.
Old 2007-02-04, 10:49   Link #790
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Being physically strong for no apparent reason is called a plot device. It means that Suzaku's character is lacking.
well, it does add to his role as a foil to Lelouch. and his character certainly had some development last week.

I mean, him having unnatural physical prowess brings him closer to his role as Noodle Jesus, but he certainly has the potential at this point to be infinitely more interesting than his SEED cousin/original/whatever.
Old 2007-02-04, 10:57   Link #791
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

the truth comes out....Suzaku is a coordinator!!

Old 2007-02-04, 11:02   Link #792
quina

CC's script on Jap TBS.

Whao~ so its not "world of death" (shin no seikai), but its "world of C" (C no seikai)! what the hell is that?

There is another alternate spiritual world of C?
Old 2007-02-04, 11:05   Link #793
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:

LOLz! tt's very "Kira" of u...
Old 2007-02-04, 11:06   Link #794
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
More like a Newtype.
Old 2007-02-04, 11:16   Link #795
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
the second I read that bit about there's a reason he has amazing physical abilities, I just thought those words over the sound of a 1000 let down sighs. only the murder thing made it not nearly as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
More like a Newtype.
Lelouch is more like a Newtype I'd say. I mean Mao's Geass was newtype abilities on steriods.

heh, this is awesome. Newtype Light "Kira" Yagami vs Coordinator, non-newtype, noodle Kira "Jesus" Yamato. the pure madness of it defies description. ^_^
Old 2007-02-04, 12:57   Link #796
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Lots of people talk about season 2....so is it official?
Old 2007-02-04, 13:06   Link #797
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post

CC's script on Jap TBS.

Whao~ so its not "world of death" (shin no seikai), but its "world of C" (C no seikai)! what the hell is that?

There is another alternate spiritual world of C?
Interesting screenshot. How official is this?

Anyways, based on the picture I went back to the scene and she pronounces her words indeed as "shii no sekai" (note the elongated i-sound) instead of "shi no sekai" (<-which could be world of death). So that would lend credibility to the screenshot. Interesting indeed.

So if there really is a definitive "afterlife" or existance that you can advance to through death in CG's world, then that would tie in nicely with the Emperor's litte talk, that they need to proceed quickly with "the plan" after he claimed he just had a talk with deceased Clovis in ep6. OTOH if we take in her background as a priestess then this could simply be a religious figure of speech based on her belief system. It does stand out though, so I'd lean to belive in the existance of an actual "World of C" that one can advance to in CG.

Heh, and then there's the "Matrix" way, that the current world is a fake, or at least not what it seems.
Old 2007-02-04, 15:28   Link #798
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Interesting screenshot. How official is this?

Anyways, based on the picture I went back to the scene and she pronounces her words indeed as "shii no sekai" (note the elongated i-sound) instead of "shi no sekai" (<-which could be world of death). So that would lend credibility to the screenshot. Interesting indeed.

So if there really is a definitive "afterlife" or existance that you can advance to through death in CG's world, then that would tie in nicely with the Emperor's litte talk, that they need to proceed quickly with "the plan" after he claimed he just had a talk with deceased Clovis in ep6. OTOH if we take in her background as a priestess then this could simply be a religious figure of speech based on her belief system. It does stand out though, so I'd lean to belive in the existance of an actual "World of C" that one can advance to in CG.

Heh, and then there's the "Matrix" way, that the current world is a fake, or at least not what it seems.
lol that might be where her name "C.C." came from, who knows.
I wonder when do we get to find out more about her, given that the spoiler upto episode ~21 havn't mention anything about her secret. The producer said we will learn about her past in season 1, I guess that would be like episode 23-24 -_-;;
Old 2007-02-04, 16:00   Link #799
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
I have some aimless (and most likely wrong ) speculation to throw in. I'll put it in spoilers to keep it condensed... my mind tends to wander.

About C.C.

Spoiler:

About Cornelia

Spoiler:

About Toudou

Spoiler:

About Suzaku

Spoiler:

About Lelouch

Spoiler:

I hope those didn't waste anybodies time.
Old 2007-02-04, 19:18   Link #800
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddle! View Post
I have some aimless (and most likely wrong ) speculation to throw in. I'll put it in spoilers to keep it condensed... my mind tends to wander.
About Suzaku

Spoiler:
I think people are missing the point here. I'm pretty sure Suzaku was trying to persuade his father to end the war in which they were being wasted, hence why we see him begging to his dad, his dad slaps him aside and Suzaku rushes him with the knife which I believe was just passion(but then again, he knife was immediate but I doubt he fully intended to kill him like that but as a last resort). Eitherway it ended the war, strangely enough whoever called the Britannian forces and surrendered.

And I doubt Britannia was involved

Spoiler:

In regards to CC.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers