AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 19.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 14:16   Link #141
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
a.f.k.'s sub of 06 is out.
awesome! nvm that earlier comment i was being stupid

i cant torrent on my current PC so i guess im stuck waiting for a stream.
Old 2007-05-15, 14:17   Link #142
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
*shokku* They've really upped the pace ne, twice in a row now. Now the ep 6 discussion will really start kicking up.

Releases come here... though you could always wait until the main page is updated too.
Old 2007-05-15, 14:17   Link #143
eupseudes

@jaziek: Go to the source: http://a.scarywater.net/afk/
Old 2007-05-15, 14:32   Link #144
jaziek

Quote:
Originally Posted by eupseudes View Post
@jaziek: Go to the source: http://a.scarywater.net/afk/
i edited that post.. tis a shame.. but i cant torrent on the PC im using atm.. The stage6 stream will probably be up by tommorow night.. i hope..
Old 2007-05-15, 15:09   Link #145
eupseudes

I thought it was delightful. I didn't understand the "Timotei" sequence (Konata squeezing her hair). Hair product?
Old 2007-05-15, 15:45   Link #146
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~

the song by tsukasa at the end is actually quite catchy.
Quite unique too having karaoke sequences instead of a standard ED everytime. I like it. But why do we only see the door. -.-

edit: btw what song is it anyway?
And does anyone know who Kuninama Sayuri is?

edit2: lol i found several versions of the song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NxaME0-7pE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkXrWvw2-Gg (who was the original singer?)
Valentine Kiss. But I like the tsukasa version better

Last edited by Kai1; 2007-05-15 at 15:56.
Old 2007-05-15, 15:58   Link #147
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its a good thing to read a few pages before asking questions -- one finds the questions answered already quite often.

The Timotei shampoo is a product that had a very popular commercial a few decades ago.... Kona is "re-enacting" it (thanks to her interest with the obscure) -- of course, none of the girls get it.

Kind of like doing a few lines from a Marx Brothers skit and everyone around you just looking blank.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:02   Link #148
jaziek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its a good thing to read a few pages before asking questions -- one finds the questions answered already quite often.

The Timotei shampoo is a product that had a very popular commercial a few decades ago.... Kona is "re-enacting" it (thanks to her interest with the obscure) -- of course, none of the girls get it.

Kind of like doing a few lines from a Marx Brothers skit and everyone around you just looking blank.
lol..

i actually have some timotei in my bathroom atm. I didnt realise the brand was that old.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:12   Link #149
eupseudes

@Vexx: Sorry about that. I struggled to get through the first few pages, skimming over the Kaoshin_Sama comments, and must have missed it. Next time I'll use thread search.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:36   Link #150
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I really liked the Initial D sequence, but it all went rather downhill from there. :\

Also, how come nobody came to hit on Nanako? She's pretty hot.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:53   Link #151
problemedchild
ô_ô

It's a shame that A.F.K doesn't list or note all the references in each episode. Oh well, that's where this forum comes in handy :>
Old 2007-05-15, 17:12   Link #152
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, how come nobody came to hit on Nanako? She's pretty hot.
probably because yui was there

summer! beach!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-15, 17:17   Link #153
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
For me, the highlights of the episodes were Nanako getting lost, that Initial D parody, Konata's pranks and that Tsukasa scene with the seashell. I'd also add that misunderstanding between Nanako and Yui about whether they were single or not.

Then the mundane or trivial things brought up in some conversations (like coming to the beach and expecting getting hit on by boys, or that period talk (it was tastefully done for it was suggested rather than being slammed in the watchers' face)) breathed some more life to the characters.
The other end of the conversation sprectrum too breathed life in the Nanako and Yui interaction, especially when the both women felt awkward for not being able to come up with a conversation topic; this felt even more uncomfortable for the both adults during the Miyuki's long speech.

Oh yeah. I rated the episode a 8.

PS: Poor pooor pooooor Shirashi. I just didn't know if I should be laughing at him being mentally scared (like how Mikuru was) or laugh at his situation.
Old 2007-05-15, 17:54   Link #154
Steel Guardian

So after watching the subs, Lucky Channel has some useful information about Konata.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-15, 17:56   Link #155
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Guardian View Post
So after watching the subs, Lucky Channel has some useful information about Konata.

Spoiler:
I can only say you're slow.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:23   Link #156
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
It's a shame that A.F.K doesn't list or note all the references in each episode. Oh well, that's where this forum comes in handy :>
Actually that's one thing I really, really hate about erm, *coughs* other releases. I understand mentioning things that the characters say, but when there are big blocks of translation notes at the top telling us how the poster is from Shuffle! or the music is from whatever series, it really gets on my nerves. I think those sorts of things should be better left to the subbers' website or the forums.

Well, IMO anyways.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:40   Link #157
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Episode 6 was tamer than I expected for everyone going "ZOMG underage nudity!"

I think I like it better when the show refers to anime and video games through dialogue than through sight gags (as cute as that Bonta-kun was). It elicits more of a laugh from me for some reason, like when Konata talked about blasting apart a watermelon with a gun at the beach. Although, that joke was probably even better simply because Kagami would have actually got what that refers to. ^_^

Last picture in the next episode preview also makes me hopeful for a Higurashi parody. We must have Konata go "USO DA!"
Old 2007-05-15, 18:41   Link #158
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Quite unique too having karaoke sequences instead of a standard ED everytime. I like it. But why do we only see the door. -.-
You know about something called budget, perhaps?

Seriously, if they did an entire ED animation for each song, the overall quality of the episodes would get really low.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-15, 19:14   Link #159
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

This episode gets a 9. I'm not old enough to get all the references, including Timotei (I guess that makes me a Kagami-type?), but the ones that I did get they pulled them off spectacularly.

Best moments:
- Initial D, and how Kona pretty much planned for the twins' misery but had it backfire on her. Her carsickness is actually somewhat funny too - I wonder if another episode would make her lose it.
- Swimsuit. 'nuff said.
- Tsukasa with the seashell: "I have nothing funny to say."
- Kona actually scared everyone with an anime reference.
- Why are the twins connecting their father with his umm...THAT?!
- I actually liked Lucky Channel a little bit.

Extra info:
- Kona has carsickness.
- Kagami doesn't find talking about food exciting at all (in fact she pretty much stopped Kona short in the first episode instead of provoking discussion)
- Miyuki's mother is evil.

Kagami was soft on Kona this time...she just asked about whether what the latter is doing is an anime reference instead of outright stabbing her on it. Maybe she did hit on a guy on the beach. XD

Kona in the ED is a riot. Again, I can only imagine Hirano Aya's face when she did it.
Old 2007-05-15, 19:21   Link #160
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Last picture in the next episode preview also makes me hopeful for a Higurashi parody. We must have Konata go "USO DA!"
I'd rather have Konata losing it completely while carrying a bat around, which would 'cause Kagima to go missing without any trace behind it.

Oh, and maybe a battle on the rooftop?

Each to there own. :3