Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 18:21   Link #661
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've kept up a running status report of where I stand with this show on the blog - I did drop it for a bit, because quite honestly nothing was happening that was worth talking about. No tsundere or secrets - just a finite amount of time and not enough to waste on mediocre anime.
Lol right, gotcha *wink wink*

On the topic of Ayaka's mortality, seeing as how this was originally the first story, it's kinda obvious how it would turn out- Humans have been known to survive some pretty crazy stunts. But that said, whether or not the Studio intends to continue this series may or may not drastically diminish those odds in favor of a greater impact (in a matter of speaking >.>) to the story.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 18:22   Link #662
hoarfrost

I dropped it around the Renji arc and periodically skimmed new episodes looking for this arc. It's what I read about in the snippet prior to the start of the season so I decided I'd try to enjoy this one if nothing.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 18:23   Link #663
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hey what do you know? All those people that said they've dropped the show are back They must have been secretly following the show after all... And who said tsunderes don't exist in real life ?
You now, if there were a novel translation project or a manga up to date, there won't be said drops, quite the opposite there will be an active thread for both light novels and anime. Also, as far I'm concerned the LN are quite popular. What a waste................
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 18:26   Link #664
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
I dropped it around the Renji arc and periodically skimmed new episodes looking for this arc. It's what I read about in the snippet prior to the start of the season so I decided I'd try to enjoy this one if nothing.
Well don't hurt yourself too much trying to enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You now, if there were a novel translation project or a manga up to date, there won't be said drops, quite the opposite there will be an active thread for both light novels and anime. Also, as far I'm concerned the LN are quite popular. What a waste................
What we would then have is everybody complaining about the adaptation and how it's different than the original
Old 2011-09-10, 18:32   Link #665
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Well don't hurt yourself too much trying to enjoy it What we would then have is everybody complaining about the adaptation and how it's different than the original
A thread being thrown into the oblivion or heated discussions about various issues, which one do you pick?
Old 2011-09-10, 19:13   Link #666
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
On the topic of Ayaka's mortality, seeing as how this was originally the first story, it's kinda obvious how it would turn out- Humans have been known to survive some pretty crazy stunts. But that said, whether or not the Studio intends to continue this series may or may not drastically diminish those odds in favor of a greater impact (in a matter of speaking >.>) to the story.
I agree. It's pretty obvious Ayaka's not among the living. (Jumping/thrown off roof of a school and landing in a flower bed). Just watch the next episode preview at the end of this episode. It's pretty much obvious not meant to be a subject of debate and more a plot point to move on Narumi's development. It's also possible that someone could have gotten her high and tossed her body off the roof. I'm also betting the plants used for the drugs are being grown in the greenhouse. Getting rid of her meant getting rid of the loose end. Brother prob in a witness protection program somewhere now.

Last edited by orion; 2011-09-10 at 19:25.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:21   Link #667
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I haven't read the novels or the manga, but this arc's placement at the end of the series still feels weird to me, especially after the next episode preview with Narumi saying he will become Alice's assistant. If he wasn't her assistant already, then what the hell has he been doing for the last 9 episodes?
No clue...I guess standing around, getting in the way of everything...okay, I found that odd as well, with the anime timeline having him as Alice's assistant from Meo's arc...

Quote:
I agree. It's pretty obvious Ayaka's not among the living. Just watch the next episode preview at the end of this episode. It's also possible that someone could have gotten her high and tossed her body off the roof. I'm also betting the plants used for the drugs are being grown in the greenhouse. Getting rid of her meant getting rid of the loose end. Brother prob in a witness protection program somewhere now.
Spoiler:
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:22   Link #668
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Good job on picking the only thing in my post that is slightly unclear while ignoring all the other arguments in it. There is no helping you, just watch the PV if you still doubt me since I'm getting tired of your nitpicking.
The burden of proof is on you. I merely presented the possibility that Ayaka will survive.

Anyone can tell that there's a chance Ayaka could have died. She fell off the roof of a several story building and was badly injured at best. No one needs an argument on that.

If you're rejecting the possibility I presented, then you are telling me there is no doubt that Ayaka will die or has died on the spot. With only what we have seen so far, you have not convinced me beyond doubt that she is dead.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:29   Link #669
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The burden of proof is on you. I merely presented the possibility that Ayaka will survive.

Anyone can tell that there's a chance Ayaka could have died. She fell off the roof of a several story building and was badly injured at best. No one needs an argument on that.

If you're rejecting the possibility I presented, then you are telling me there is no doubt that Ayaka will die or has died on the spot. With only what we have seen so far, you have not convinced me beyond doubt that she is dead.
Well you can always remain in denial until the next episode airs or watch the version with a preview of the next episode attached.
Old 2011-09-10, 19:32   Link #670
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Lol right, gotcha *wink wink*
I honestly have no idea what you're trying to imply here, but what's so weird about not blogging a show that isn't very good? If you thought the eps between the premiere and the Renji arc were great, good for you - not all of us felt that way. It's because the premiere was very good that I was so disappointed by those mediocre episodes that came after. I never stopped watching because I hoped it might regain some of the style it showed in the premiere, and with the exception of last week's snoozer the episodes starting with 6 have done that to some extent.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:36   Link #671
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well you can always remain in denial until the next episode airs or watch the version with a preview of the next episode attached.
Whether Ayaka is dead or in critical condition at the hospital, she will still be "gone" and absent from Narumi's normal life. Absence does not confirm death. I still don't know how why you're using what's meant to be ambiguous as a certainty.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:40   Link #672
Miraluka
Banned

Aha! Owned, somebody else besides me who doesn't gets lead stray by ambiguity .
Old 2011-09-10, 19:44   Link #673
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

Totally unexpected and shocking end.
Old 2011-09-10, 19:54   Link #674
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
Totally unexpected and shocking end.
Spoiler for end:

good episode though.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 20:00   Link #675
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Absence does not confirm death.
Remember when
Spoiler for Index Season 1:

Pretty much the same thing.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 20:07   Link #676
Miraluka
Banned

Or when Accelerator's brain got hit by a bullet?
Old 2011-09-10, 20:09   Link #677
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Talk about a crazy end to the episode. Things at least going well with Ayaka before she overhears whats' going on and the talk about bringing the plants from the roof. She's definitely involved with the secrecy around the greenhouse and just an odd feeling. Regardless now her condition isn't good at all. Either she died from the fall or is dead. Either way she's not going to be around for a bit and Narumi can't sit out on this case anymore. Whatever is going on he'll try to find the truth.
Old 2011-09-10, 20:18   Link #678
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I honestly have no idea what you're trying to imply here, but what's so weird about not blogging a show that isn't very good? If you thought the eps between the premiere and the Renji arc were great, good for you - not all of us felt that way. It's because the premiere was very good that I was so disappointed by those mediocre episodes that came after. I never stopped watching because I hoped it might regain some of the style it showed in the premiere, and with the exception of last week's snoozer the episodes starting with 6 have done that to some extent.
Erm, I didn't say anything about you not blogging- In fact, I didn't say anything about people not making comments or post here about the show.

My remark was for the people who said they'll drop the show, but suddenly are still in the loop about what's going on. And since you never stopped watching it but just not saying anything... Well, then that remark wasn't directed at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
A thread being thrown into the oblivion or heated discussions about various issues, which one do you pick?
Fair point.
Old 2011-09-10, 20:20   Link #679
Miraluka
Banned

BTW, my 6º sense tells me Marcus H. has implied something very important, and people must pay attention to him =_=+.
Old 2011-09-10, 20:35   Link #680
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life