AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-11, 20:26   Link #1
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Cities: Skylines (no relation Cities XXL)

Offical Site

Quote:
Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation. The game introduces new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience. From the makers of the Cities in Motion franchise, the game boasts a fully realized transport system. It also includes the ability to mod the game to suit your play style as a fine counter balance to the layered and challenging simulation. You’re only limited by your imagination, so take control and reach for the sky!

Main features:
  • Multi-tiered and challenging simulation: Constructing your city from the ground up is easy to learn, but hard to master. Playing as the mayor of your city you’ll be faced with balancing essential requirements such as education, water, electricity, police, fire fighting, healthcare and much more along with your citys real economy system. Citizens within your city react fluidly, with gravitas and with an air of authenticity to a multitude of game play scenarios.
  • Extensive local traffic simulation: Colossal Orders extensive experience developing the Cities in Motion series is fully utilized in fully fleshed out and well-crafted transport systems.
  • Districts and Policies: Be more than just an administrator from city hall. Designating parts of your city as a district results in the application of policies which results in you rising to the status of Mayor for your own city.
  • Extensive modding support: Build or improve on existing maps and structures. You can then import them into the game, share them as well as download the creations of other city builders on the Steam workshop.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

Been playing it a bit the last day or so, and seen extensive LP's for it. The game is really good, pretty much what Sim City should have been before EA ruined it.
Old 2015-03-11, 20:44   Link #2
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, a lot of my friends seem to be enjoying it.

Glad to see a Sim City-like game actually being done right .
Old 2015-03-12, 13:09   Link #3
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ya its loads of fun. i love the trnsport stuff, setting routes and so on, the subway is brilliAnt!
Old 2015-03-13, 07:01   Link #4
Mr Hat and Clogs

Saw this today on Reddit, was suitably impressed. I'm lucky enough to get a single Highway right.

Images
Old 2015-05-19, 08:09   Link #5
Mr Hat and Clogs

Big patch today for this. New biomes, buildings (European) and tunnels.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2557...66664611991380

Just went live like.. 5 minutes ago.
Old 2015-05-19, 19:21   Link #6
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I feel like most of the time I'm fighting the traffic in this game instead of city building .
Old 2015-05-19, 21:23   Link #7
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, one of my cities has some serious traffic issues, I almost want to rip up the entire section and do it again... but I just stuck tunnels everywhere instead, haha. It... sorta helped.
Old 2015-05-19, 21:56   Link #8
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I stopped playing after i keep running into the death spam issue where new migrants have all the same lifespan causing massive death spike when they die and cripple my city. Have they fix this yet cause it was frustrating trying to limit your growth because of an oversight in their formula.

When it comes to traffic, dont be afraid to rip through your city to lay down highways or even completely rebuild it once you build up a sizeable bank and income. I think my biggest city had it's oldest suburb rebuild twice to accomandate for a new highway and a more streamlined public transport chain.
Old 2015-05-19, 22:15   Link #9
Mr Hat and Clogs

Nah, sadly they haven't changed the migrants life span issue I think, or I haven't noticed anything in the patch notes about it. But truthfully I haven't been looking too much. I think the first few months it should be all young people, but second generation should all be varied ages imo.