AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-01-26, 05:39   Link #1061
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
And unlike last season where Carta let herslef walk into a deathtrap and would have died instead in edmonton. This is cold blooded revenge in its purist form with the consequences for Orga as well.
The possibility of Orga pulling the trigger himself this time intrigues me, seeing how the show seemingly deliberately kept him from doing that dirty work the whole time by outsourcing it to Mika, and, even when Mika wasn't there, Orga still got stopped from doing in Maruba by Naze.

On the other hand, I doubt he's never killed before, what with being a child soldier, so I don't really see what kind of development it can give him except for a new level of self-loathing which he has plenty of already. He's taken revenge before: the two main guys from CGS's 1st corps paid for the death of his comrades in the initial GH attack; Carta paid for Biscuit's death, by Orga declaring battle of revenge against GH and by him not stopping Mika from brutalizing her, even though initially Orga, like everyone else, was pretty put off by what Mika was doing; Orga also took revenge on that Allium guy for trying to hurt Kudelia and mess with Tekkadan. So revenge shouldn't be anything new to him. Though if this time he'll manage to turn it into a political revenge instead of just immediate use of violence, it will be a first, I guess.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 06:14   Link #1062
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
And unlike last season where Carta let herslef walk into a deathtrap and would have died instead in edmonton. This is cold blooded revenge in its purist form with the consequences for Orga as well.
Honestly, at this point, I don't think this would affect Orga negatively. It would be more a learning experience. To become a greater more independent leader now that Naze is no longer there to guide him and be his covering.

Also, at this point considering what Iok has done, I'd call it less revenge and moreso, justice. If the system is so crooked that it won't punish Iok, I have no problem with another authority doing so. As long as Orga plays it smart, no one here is going to object to Iok getting his just reward.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-27, 04:30   Link #1063
Skaddix

Iok's is Idiok but even then I don't think he ever do a Carta and try to Fight Tekkadan 3 on 3.

That was stupid. But even moreso I don't see why Inzario ever signed off on such a plan. It apparently Issue Family without a leader at all. No way he thought she was going to win.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-27, 05:27   Link #1064
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Iok's is Idiok but even then I don't think he ever do a Carta and try to Fight Tekkadan 3 on 3.

That was stupid. But even moreso I don't see why Inzario ever signed off on such a plan. It apparently Issue Family without a leader at all. No way he thought she was going to win.
I believe Carta did all that on her own without approval. She did the same thing when she went to the island to chase down Tekkadan even though that was technically illegal.

Iznario let her go after Tekkadan, but he never told her to go and do a stupid duel. It was foolish and showed once again the level of ignorance and arrogance in the Seven Stars. And Carta would eventually have been the most powerful of the seven, when her father eventually dies.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-27, 08:19   Link #1065
Tenzen12

It wasn't illegal. IRC email ether the Outer space orbital fleet or Issue family has unique privilege to intervene where other couldn't.
Old 2017-01-29, 23:30   Link #1066
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Bot sure if you still need the answer but just in case: looks like it will be out on March 29.
Does seem like it. Not seeing any news or online stores putting them up. Got a link for it?
Old 2017-01-29, 23:40   Link #1067
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Does seem like it. Not seeing any news or online stores putting them up. Got a link for it?
Sure, cdjapan.
Old 2017-01-29, 23:41   Link #1068
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Sure, cdjapan.
Thank you, good sir
Old 2017-02-10, 01:09   Link #1069
tdx

Hey guys, how about naming 3 favorite scenes from season 2 so far in this lull before the new episode?

Mine would be (in no particular order):

1 The shakedown scene in Allium Gyojan's office in episode 29.
On the first watch, it left me both awed and terrified, because y'know, we knew from episode 3 on that Mika was more than willing to kill on Orga's orders and Orga was usually willing to give such orders, but the way they handled it this time, the true mafioso style with no shits given, it really drove point home that they're Teiwaz's subsidiary not in the name only. They're the mafia with the police's backing which in IBO's fucked up world might not be as bad as it sounds, what with the supposed guardians of justice being the most corrupt organization in the whole solar system which just leaves those who want justice no choice but to serve it themselves with brutal extralegal methods, but it's still quite scary.

2 Takaki quitting Tekkadan in episode 33.
An amazing scene in every aspect. From the King of Mars talk to Takaki arriving to his choice in the course of it after internalizing all that happened to him and all what various people told him. "I don't want to make Fuuka cry". You can really see how he'd grown to be able to see his options and to have guts to make it. The others' reactions, from Orga accepting to Akihiro surprised but understanding to Chad protesting, were on point, too, and I believe Takaki's choice helped them grow just a little, too. It's a sad scene yet at the same time it gives hope somehow.

3 Two revenge scenes from the recent episode 42 where one logically follows the other.
The wordless scene showing all the major pilots in their mechs, one by one, from the Gundam pilots to Hush in his new Hekija, all looking resolved, followed by showing the two ship captains, Eugene looking unusually serious and Orga in a pose and with an expression we've never seen on him before. It was an incredible tension builder, the background music was so on point that it made it breathtaking for me. It did an amazing job conveying both how lethally effective and clockwork the war machine known as Tekkadan is and the tense, dark anticipation of revenge that will seal Tekkadan's cutoff of all the ties, pushing them past the point of no return. It culminated in the scene of Orga and Jasley's exchange and Jasley's subsequent merciless demise courtesy of Mika, complete with the after-reactions of Akihiro and Orga, emphasizing that compared to what they've lost, even this just revenge feels nothing but empty.
Old 2017-02-10, 10:13   Link #1070
Irenesharda

Hmm, 3 moments?
  1. The first would be the office scene with Orga and Mika, I like how it mirrored the first season and that Mika and Orga connection and how Mika can literally flip on a dime. Eating one minute, quadruple shot the next.
  2. The second would be the whole confrontation of the Ratdice, with Eugene, Akihiro, and Mika being awesome. Though Takaki's interrogation and execution were the best part, especially if you compare him with how he was in episode one of the series.
  3. Third would be the entire Hashmal arc, I just really like the whole lore that came with this and how much of a threat the MAs in this series are. Also, it gave us a Mika who was more feral and ferocious and brutal than any of the Gundam MCs that have come before him.

There's no particular order, but that's how I would outline it if I had to choose only three.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-11, 01:55   Link #1071
tdx

Thought I'd post this here too: my translation of the 10 questions about current Tekkadan that Animage asked producer Ogawa. I think it's safe to take his answers as canon because he has a substantial role in deciding the plot.

Q1: How big has Tekkadan become?
Spoiler for A1:

Q2: How famous is Tekkadan right now?
Spoiler for A2:

Q3: What kind of organization in nature is Tekkadan?
Spoiler for A3:

Q4: We’ve seen the commando unit, the 1st frontline corps and the 2nd frontline corps. Are there any other units?
Spoiler for A4:

Q5: Tekkadan had an influx of new members, but do they usually make effort to recruit members?
Spoiler for A5:

Q6: Are there conditions or necessary qualifications in order to join Tekkadan? Do they have an entrance test?
Spoiler for A6:

Q7: What is the average age for Tekkadan’s members?
Spoiler for A7:

Q8: Does Tekkadan have females members other than Merribit and Atra?
Spoiler for A8:

Q9: What about pay and days off in Tekkadan? I have a feeling the conditions should be pretty nice, no?
Spoiler for A9:

Q10: How is Tekkadan generally regarded by the public at present?
Spoiler for A10:
Old 2017-04-12, 05:09   Link #1072
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The recent Newtype poll said IBO made it to the #1 spot for "Top Ranking Works":

Old 2017-04-12, 08:06   Link #1073
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
On a sidenote I would rank Kirito and Asuna on top too after watching the SAO movie in cinema 23 times (I got a little crazy and addicted to it).
Old 2017-05-04, 23:17   Link #1074
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So I got this link of NHK's "Best 100 Anime" 2017 Ranking from a fellow Asuki member.

Below is the ranking of mecha & sci-fi shows from the list:

Spoiler:
It's interesting that the Gundam franchise is represented by MSG (still going strong), SEED & IBO on that "100 Best Anime" list this year.

This adds another proof against those who said that IBO is not popular.
Old 2017-05-04, 23:51   Link #1075
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So I got this link of NHK's "Best 100 Anime" 2017 Ranking from a fellow Asuki member.

Below is the ranking of mecha & sci-fi shows from the list:

Spoiler:
It's interesting that the Gundam franchise is represented by MSG (still going strong), SEED & IBO on that "100 Best Anime" list this year.

This adds another proof against those who said that IBO is not popular.
It is the currently airing Gundam and it only made it to 70 on that list. That is not a good thing.

I did not like how they set up the ending and think it could have been done much better but I quite liked the first half of the show so I am sad to see it not being successful.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 00:31   Link #1076
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I don't know how that list is made but considering the other anime that are in on it (MSG, Seed, GiTS: SAC, Cowboy Bebop, Evangeleon, Macross Frontier, Steins;Gate, Code Geass), I say it's doing okay at 70 even if it's a debut year for IBO saw part of the consideration and will get worse over time.
Old 2017-05-05, 01:26   Link #1077
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
It is the currently airing Gundam and it only made it to 70 on that list. That is not a good thing.
And are you just going to ignore countless other new animes that didn't even make it to the top 100? IBO is even two spot above the ever-popular One Piece that's still airing today.

Here's one example: the new Macross Delta is on the 268th spot. Yeah, nice comparison, isn't it? To give you even more context, even anime as revered as Dragon Ball Z didn't make the Top-100 cut. In its place, we have more intelligent shonen series like Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter on that list.
Old 2017-05-05, 09:36   Link #1078
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And are you just going to ignore countless other new animes that didn't even make it to the top 100? IBO is even two spot above the ever-popular One Piece that's still airing today.

Here's one example: the new Macross Delta is on the 268th spot. Yeah, nice comparison, isn't it? To give you even more context, even anime as revered as Dragon Ball Z didn't make the Top-100 cut. In its place, we have more intelligent shonen series like Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter on that list.
I'd better give it up, there's a lot of evidence that Gundam IBO has popularity, but some people just do not accept it, or they think being popular means being number one, which is nonsense.

The list is meant to cover the best animes of all time, IBO is among them and even then still say that it was unpopular, now is to laugh.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-06, 08:13   Link #1079
Tenzen12

Still sad it couldn't top SEED
Old 2017-05-06, 09:04   Link #1080
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Still sad it couldn't top SEED
It's difficult for any AU Gundam to top it since SEED was the one that reinvigorated mecha genre in the millennium era with story and characters which fascinated the generation of that period. Without SEED, there won't even be Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. It's just like how MSG will always be remembered as the one anime who gave us real-robot subgenre: it's hard to top.