AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2007-03-29, 20:04   Link #101
kohakuslayer
River Spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to kohakuslayer Send a message via MSN to kohakuslayer Send a message via Yahoo to kohakuslayer
Can anyone help me please? There's a really good song in Kanon 2006 anime series and I have trouble locating the name of that song. It's episode 15, when Mai is jumping from the roof to slay the last demon (8min 21sec or something). The waltz song kinda, but it's episode 15 on Kanon 2006. If anyone can give me the title or album, I would gladly appreciate it thanks.
kohakuslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 01:32   Link #102
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohakuslayer View Post
Can anyone help me please? There's a really good song in Kanon 2006 anime series and I have trouble locating the name of that song. It's episode 15, when Mai is jumping from the roof to slay the last demon (8min 21sec or something). The waltz song kinda, but it's episode 15 on Kanon 2006. If anyone can give me the title or album, I would gladly appreciate it thanks.
The name of the track is 少女の檻.
Track 13 of "KANON ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK" album.

It also happens to be one of my favourite song. :3

Last edited by Riker; 2007-03-31 at 02:55. Reason: typo :(
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 01:21   Link #103
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Ah yes, I love that song too. One of my favorites indeed...I blame the string instruments. ^_^

English translation is roughly "Girl's Prison", no?
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 02:02   Link #104
shiro83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
English translation is roughly "Girl's Prison", no?
Correct.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 10:49   Link #105
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I need someone's help here in identifying a soundtrack. It is the track in ep.4 near the end when Yuuichi sees Mai at the school for the first time. I believe this song appears later on everytime Mai fights also.

Thanks in advance.!
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 11:02   Link #106
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I need someone's help here in identifying a soundtrack. It is the track in ep.4 near the end when Yuuichi sees Mai at the school for the first time. I believe this song appears later on everytime Mai fights also.
That is always "Shoujo no Ori" , track number 13 on the Kanon OST. (it's funny because the identification for the same song, but from another scene, was asked just a few post ago)
Old 2007-03-31, 11:57   Link #107
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
That is always "Shoujo no Ori" , track number 13 on the Kanon OST. (it's funny because the identification for the same song, but from another scene, was asked just a few post ago)
did this ost also appear in Kanon 2002 b yany chance?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 14:54   Link #108
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Funny, I thought the song name is "her cage" in English (that's what the song on my comp says)

Oh well, I guess it means the same thing

P.S. I personally like the song 風を待った日 better (or The Day I waited for the Wind)
it just sounds soo sad and beautiful
Old 2007-05-02, 22:48   Link #109
eQko_x

Question torrent question

well so far i already have the 2002 and 2006 subbed version; but does anyone know if there is a torrent with a dual audio version??
eQko_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 22:49   Link #110
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eQko_x View Post
well so far i already have the 2002 and 2006 subbed version; but does anyone know if there is a torrent with a dual audio version??
Why would there be? It's not licensed. And with recent events, I need to add the qualifier "yet".

--Ian "IJ" Justman.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 22:51   Link #111
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

And if there was a dual audio version it would be licensed so I'd have to ban you for asking to download it. Please keep that in mind the next time you go looking for a torrent of a show with an English audio track.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 23:01   Link #112
eQko_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
And if there was a dual audio version it would be licensed so I'd have to ban you for asking to download it. Please keep that in mind the next time you go looking for a torrent of a show with an English audio track.
oh i see, so all anime with an english audio track without subtitles is considered licenced?
Old 2007-05-02, 23:04   Link #113
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
oh i see, so all anime with an english audio track without subtitles is considered licenced?
Name me ONE anime title from Japan that's not licensed that has an English soundtrack.

I apologize if this comes across as confrontational, but I can't see how a title with dual-language sound can be anything but licensed.

--Ian.
Old 2007-05-02, 23:25   Link #114
eQko_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Name me ONE anime title from Japan that's not licensed that has an English soundtrack.

I apologize if this comes across as confrontational, but I can't see how a title with dual-language sound can be anything but licensed.

--Ian.
dont get me wrong; its not like i know that much about this stuff yet. i only found out about fan subs and torrents a few weeks ago. honestly kanon is the first series ive watched from a torrent file, and i noticed a few files featured (dual audio) and was curious if they had that for kanon also. the fact is that i still dont know which are licenced or not other than i'm not suppose to ask where to get it here and that its in english. before torrents the only places i knew of watching anime's was youtube or other places like it.
Old 2007-05-02, 23:40   Link #115
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
dont get me wrong; its not like i know that much about this stuff yet. i only found out about fan subs and torrents a few weeks ago. honestly kanon is the first series ive watched from a torrent file, and i noticed a few files featured (dual audio) and was curious if they had that for kanon also. the fact is that i still dont know which are licenced or not other than i'm not suppose to ask where to get it here and that its in english. before torrents the only places i knew of watching anime's was youtube or other places like it.
Rest assured that anything referenced from Animesuki will be unlicensed, so you're safe there.

As a rule, anything that has English as a second soundtrack (or A language for that matter when you get right down to it) is licensed. While fandubbing does happen, it's rare because it's a LOT harder to get the track completely devoid of any dialogue. It's even harder to write dialogue and get your ADR actors/actresses to get things to line up. That's why people sub.

Plus you have to do sound effects/foley yourself. And the effects include not only incidental sounds (e.g. ambience, footsteps, crashing, etc), but even the processing itself (e.g. reverb, time stretching, etc.). By then, you'll lose a lot of the flavor of the series in question.

--Ian.

P.S. All questions of licensing and such aside, I prefer the Japanese tracks because you get the exact flavor of what Japanese audiences hear. Plus I have certain seiyuu I like listening out for. Beyond that, I don't want to get into any English-v-Japanese debate.
Old 2007-05-03, 00:36   Link #116
eQko_x

oh i see, thx for the info
Old 2007-06-25, 11:44   Link #117
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Hey,

Uh

May I ask a question?

I'm halfway though an anime called kanon.

It's 24 episodes long.

There's only about 10 episodes listed here with threads..

Whats going on?

Is there two kanon series?

Or something, second season?

I've been trying to find it out.. but I don't want to accidentally spoil myself.
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 12:08   Link #118
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@nick321,

Er.....did you remember to go to the second or the third page of this sub-forum?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 12:13   Link #119
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Ah

So I'm watching the 2006 version then ^^
Old 2007-06-26, 04:26   Link #120
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Wow.

Finished.

I'm completely confused. Loved it though.