AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 01:35   Link #41
garbage

but but but! awww she looked so cute and beautiful with long hair.... I love long hair
whew natural born hair dresser as MC nice, different.

I liked this first episode ...beautiful yet has an edge to it..............

Iwai is just so dawwww,and Kiri nothing annoying yet, ( except below) hope stays that way, like the name though. anyways will be watching this.

^ yeah i thought so too at that part . I mean hello you're carrying your own scissors, that you're used to. It wouldn't even take a few seconds to try that to, as it feels it's already part of his hands. Like he even said so himself,he finds himself holding it without thinking, meaning to, but oh well, 1 forced blemish due to the writing.

** move to current?

Last edited by garbage; 2013-04-04 at 01:49.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 01:38   Link #42
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Seriously, that was really stupid on how forced they made it without any logic or reason, all in the name of dramatics and ending the episode in the most dramatic way possible.
I agree but I don't care. None of it really makes much sense, but the anime totally sells it to me. I hope it remains just like this. If so, I'm happy, happy, happy.

I love the animation and art (including the style changes), and I love the soundtrack. It's cute and demented in a way only anime can pull off.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 03:03   Link #43
Kakkou
Tch.

Premise was interesting but the execution felt either awkward or bad. Events unfolded in a very forced way. I did like how weird and genuinely creepy they made Kiri's fetishism though. It was amusing. Hopefully it'll improve as it goes.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 03:11   Link #44
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i found everthing other than the story compsition interesting, but that is a big issue, but is a shame since the animation, music and execution of the scenea was very interesting, i could see they doing this to cut to the chase, but it was hard to feel any relation between scenes.
Old 2013-04-04, 03:13   Link #45
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Premise was interesting but the execution felt either awkward or bad. Events unfolded in a very forced way.
This is my impression as well,and it's a shame because I do like the premise itself so I'll stick around hoping that it'll improve its delivery in the upcoming episodes.

edit: got curious, checked out the source,every issue I had with this episode was also present in the manga,the adaptation really sticks close to it.

Last edited by totoum; 2013-04-04 at 03:25.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 05:35   Link #46
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Odd first episode... I don't know what else I can really say about it. Iwai is ridiculously adorable with short hair, but I'll miss the long hair. The highlight was probably the scene where those girls watching over Iwai busted in as Kiri was having his fetish moment (and Iwai was enjoying it). That was SO awkward to watch but so funny at the same time.
Old 2013-04-04, 07:53   Link #47
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I loved the first episode. Hair/hair cutting fetish given a romantic turn is refreshing. Can't wait to see what else those scissors are capable of doing.

Iwai: Please cut me Kiri-kun.

A little masochism from the female MC too.
Old 2013-04-04, 09:54   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The business with Grandpap was indeed a clunker, but apart from that I loved that first episode. Atmosphere out the ying-yang - terrific visuals, lovely music, refreshingly different casting. Nothing conventional about it whatsoever. I was immediately struck by a strong TTGL vibe in the look of the show, so I double-checked and sure enough - the character designer and all the A.D.'s worked on Gurren Lagann.

I don't deny the narrative could be a big problem long-term - the exposition was very clumsy. But for one week, I was pretty much swept away.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 11:54   Link #49
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked that first episode, too. As Guardian_Enzo says, very atmospheric. It took a while to get used to the character design, but I finally realized how good it was. The contrast of less detailed figures with more detailed backgrounds was interesting.

And the voice-acting had me rushing to identify the voices. Loved the voice of Koiwai Kotori (Kigurumi Haroukitei in Joshiraku; photos) as the Hair Queen. Powerful moe and emotionally authentic at the same time. And also 20-year-old Hanae Natsuki (Wien in TariTari) as Kiri.

His unaccountable slowness to use his own scissors was part of the emotional structure of the piece. Of course we would be frustrated by it, and then when he eventually did use them, our relief and joy would be greater. Or at least mine was.

This relates to my feeling that anime does myth better than realistic story. There was something hieratic -- like a priestly ceremony -- about the way he gradually came to do the deed. If this had been more realistic, it might have been difficult to make her sudden accession of love feel right. And the girl and her keepers were less like ordinary humans than like minor deities of some kind: one vulnerable, the others dangerous.

Now, if we just go on to have them defending themselves from evil episode after episode, this might get old for me. But it has started well.

By the way, director Yamaguchi Yuuji directed another weird show I liked very much: Touka Gettan. That starred two young seiyuus, too: Hayami Saori in her debut, and Ise Mariya in an early role.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2013-04-04 at 12:55.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 11:58   Link #50
LKK

Crunchyroll will carry the stream starting Saturday, April 6, at 4:30 pm PT for premium members and starting April 13 for free members. The stream will be available to the following territories: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2013-04-04 at 11:59. Reason: fixed link
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 12:09   Link #51
whitecloud

The mc is quite creepy, standing in front of someone's window with a scissor and obsessing over hair, looking like serial killer already... If it was me, I'm gonna call 911 no matter how much he praising my hair
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 13:14   Link #52
kitten320

Just become a hairdresser idiot!

The premises look very silly and I don't think that dark tones will be enough to get my attention...

Will not watch it unless I'll hear good praises in the future what is doubtful.
Old 2013-04-04, 13:43   Link #53
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well i was interested in the premise, but things felt weird. Iwai was very adorable and sad, though i liked her better with the long hair. Kiri's fetish is way over the top. Though whole killing goods was kinda interesting. Though the part with his grandpa was just so abrupt, and obvious. The 2 girls were interesting in a deranged kind of way. So i guess a fight ensues next time. The visuals and bgm were good though. Don't know if i'll stick with it yet.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:21   Link #54
ookamigirl

This is a weird one.
The characters are nice, but the story is just unusual.
Kiri's hair fetish is slightly disturbing.
Not so sure I'll be watching this one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 16:52   Link #55
Dop
Mmmm....

Is hair fetishism a new popular theme now? We had all the combing in GJ-bu last season, and now another hair fetishist.

There were things about the show I really liked, but I think it depends how the plot develops as to whether i stay watching after my usual three or four episode trial period.

Does get brownie points for a scene where the male character and the female character lie on a bed together without conniptions.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 20:59   Link #56
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who adores long hair on the fairer gender, I hate the MC. That is all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 21:58   Link #57
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So is she the daughter of Cousin It
Old 2013-04-05, 03:48   Link #58
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 1.... I admit that she is cute.. but the MC is uhmm.. yeah.... Anyway... now that I seen it I find the concept corny now... a long haired girl and a fighting barber....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 04:38   Link #59
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So is she the daughter of Cousin It
I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought of Cousin It!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 05:36   Link #60
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

I read the manga. Let's just say it becomes serious early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Episode 1.... I admit that she is cute.. but the MC is uhmm.. yeah.... Anyway... now that I seen it I find the concept corny now... a long haired girl and a fighting barber with a very strong hair fetish....
fixed

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen, supernatural