AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 01:30   Link #12721
orangejuicetang

...you know, I'm somewhat curious, if there are that many of you who want it to end so you can leave and read 'a good manga', well, why don't you just stop reading Medaka Box and go read some 'good manga'? Like, there's nothing stopping you, right?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 01:33   Link #12722
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
...you know, I'm somewhat curious, if there are that many of you who want it to end so you can leave and read 'a good manga', well, why don't you just stop reading Medaka Box and go read some 'good manga'? Like, there's nothing stopping you, right?
its not that, it just feels like the writer has no idea what the hell his doing, it seems like his just making it up as he goes
Old 2013-03-09, 03:46   Link #12723
Thth
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
it happened off screen
Thats why it was meant to be a joke

Last edited by Thth; 2013-03-09 at 04:22. Reason: sentece
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 04:10   Link #12724
silvercover
Romance Expert

the speeches were pretty good. this chapter would have been great if medaka didnt have to show up at this one. at least in the next chapter instead, what happened to not showing up?
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 04:55   Link #12725
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Almost makes me want to check the raws to see if it really happened. If it did: cool.
No need to do that, he really did
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 09:57   Link #12726
Xion Valkyrie

Kumagawa's speech was wonderful. This really could serve as an ending but I guess there's an even more ridiculous villain in the next arc.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 10:04   Link #12727
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Kumagawa's speech was wonderful. This really could serve as an ending but I guess there's an even more ridiculous villain in the next arc.
Now next arc we have Zen father with Medaka the end or *the end * that become something real.(like a person).
No really for some reason I can see the author do something like this
And seem to me that I'm not the only one that think that *the end* will have a role in the next arc.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 10:14   Link #12728
Newhope

I'am amazed it didn't end there considering how MEH the tankoubon sales have been, Jump normally scrapes series well before they fall as low as medaka box has.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 14:39   Link #12729
paladinenvec

Spoiler for Chapter 185:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 16:51   Link #12730
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So Anshini'in will be back next week?
(note what Ikihiko said).
So yeah incorperal being lol - I jsut don't understand how his afterimage can last that long lol.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 19:42   Link #12731
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 185:
Why very few people can truly appreciate the charm this series evokes, I wonder.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 19:44   Link #12732
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Why very few people can truly appreciate the charm this series evokes, I wonder.
Some find it charming... others just find it nonsensical and weird.

It's just a matter of taste.
Old 2013-03-09, 21:29   Link #12733
paladinenvec

Quote:
dont get me wrong ,for me, it an awesome manga, ... i like this manga because the author keeps you entertained, trolling his/her fans with unexpected developments and breaking the fourth wall continuosly, not to mention that the characters are very likeable.

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2013-03-09 at 21:43.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 22:12   Link #12734
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
It is a post modern shonen manga but the characters can rub off on you the wrong way, Medaka Box is one of most polarizing manga in Jump right now, the foufth wall breaking jokes were fun but it soon got to a point where the manga started getting ridiculous and people were getting turned off. There is also the reason that there absolutely no one in this whole manga that can defeat her in any capacity. After the meta plot came along, it became even harder to take the manga seriously although it was never serious to begin with. Medaka herself is perfect being who cannot defeated by anybody, she is always right and the universe basically revolves around.

Medaka defeated a bratty half pint (Unzen), Gilgamesh (Oudo), Josuke's GER (Kumagawa), God (Ajimu), Akuma (Iihiko) as well as other creatures and oddities, what can actually defeat her? Who can realistically challenge her? Where can the author actually go with this? What is worse that they all basically become her allies. Medaka Box just reads as a mediocre fanfic with good ideas but it has no real sense of direction or even what it wants to do.
Old 2013-03-09, 22:13   Link #12735
kenjtr

Quote:
I liked this manga but story is universe is so limited which makes me ask myself the question that what is the point of this manga . I dont like Medaka and Zenkichi isnt getting development as he should or behave like a normal person even tough he always says he is .

I would be happy if this memory lost thing came clear and zenkichi leave medaka for good , as for medaka all i can say is that the world doesnt need her and i am pretty sure destroying the moon is a prophet lvl move while medka seems to be a useless teenage girl and that pisses me off .

In the end even tough its fun sometimes this manga isnt going anywhere and thats the problem , every story which doesnt have a serious plot sucks .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 04:46   Link #12736
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
It is a post modern shonen manga but the characters can rub off on you the wrong way, Medaka Box is one of most polarizing manga in Jump right now, the foufth wall breaking jokes were fun but it soon got to a point where the manga started getting ridiculous and people were getting turned off. There is also the reason that there absolutely no one in this whole manga that can defeat her in any capacity. After the meta plot came along, it became even harder to take the manga seriously although it was never serious to begin with. Medaka herself is perfect being who cannot defeated by anybody, she is always right and the universe basically revolves around.

Medaka defeated a bratty half pint (Unzen), Gilgamesh (Oudo), Josuke's GER (Kumagawa), God (Ajimu), Akuma (Iihiko) as well as other creatures and oddities, what can actually defeat her? Who can realistically challenge her? Where can the author actually go with this? What is worse that they all basically become her allies. Medaka Box just reads as a mediocre fanfic with good ideas but it has no real sense of direction or even what it wants to do.
Umm she lost to Iihiko (the only person she out right lost to though he only won in his Shiranui form).
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:00   Link #12737
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
the thing is, is it that important to have medaka being defeatable? is this a video game or a manga? (or a manga which should resemble a videogame to be interesting)
it's very clear many just want a playable videogame

there was a very simple way this could have gone, if medaka in unbeatable then that leaves anyone around her as possible target, leaving medaka with the role of protecting helping them, just like when there was the old suggestion box (she was unbeatable there too, but it wasn't the focus of the stories there)
then i agree, there is no real sense of direction (or very very few are actually able to see it, i can't :u )
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 16:47   Link #12738
Wolfenstein

So...anyone got any spoilers to share?
Old 2013-03-12, 17:54   Link #12739
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
So...anyone got any spoilers to share?
I ain't got any at least from my usual source. So unless that one was delayed seems the dude didn't post them up today.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 01:04   Link #12740
silvercover
Romance Expert

well it is the start of a new arc. perhaps it might even be another week before we get a new one.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council