AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a course teaching you how to animate anime style?
Yes, definitely! 3 42.86%
Meh, only if it's free. 2 28.57%
No. 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-05-08, 14:21   Link #1
piripu

Send a message via ICQ to piripu
Question Who wants to learn animation?

Hi everyone,

I know there are many of you who love to draw manga or even have great story ideas.

But are any of you interested in making their own animation?
I'm an animator and for me seeing my ideas come to life is amazing.

Would you be interested in a course that is teaching you how to create professional looking anime.
Please vote!

This includes:
Some theory about styles of animation, animation and anime principles, basic anime drawing, inking and coloring and background creation.
The whole planning process including story and script development, use of camera, storyboarding, layout animation and character development
Animating all kinds of scenes from action to romance, using 3d for awesome camera movements, editing and post effects

Also

Do you know of an existing course like this on the internet?
What would you like to be included?
Do you have a graphic tablet?
Do you already draw manga? (doesn't matter how good)
Would you prefer to learn this using free or professional software.

Thanks so much for your help.

Last edited by piripu; 2010-05-09 at 14:29. Reason: I edited this so it doesn't look like I'm advertising anything. Cause I'm not.
piripu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 00:37   Link #2
Akushou

I have to admit, I've wanted to learn how to animate for some time now. There's a story that I have been writing out with a friend for a long time now, but unfortunately I'm not very good at drawing manga and have no idea how to animate something without making it look like shit. So if you have any tips about how to do so, I would be more than happy to hear them.

As for your extra questions:

-No, I do not know of an existing course anywhere (although I haven't exactly looked very hard, to be honest).
-It can include anything, although I'm more interested in the 2D animation than 3D.
-Yes, I do have a tablet.
-As stated before, I don't draw manga, although I do have some pages that I have drawn for practice.
-Free if it's possible, as I am but a poor college student.
Akushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:40   Link #3
piripu

Send a message via ICQ to piripu
Thank's for your reply.
Looks like not many are interested.

You won't get around drawing, but the good thing is, you can re-use drawings a lot.
I love the Mark Crilley vids on Youtube for learning to draw manga.

The animation part itself is not too hard. I'm still fascinated at how little actual keyframe animation there was in death note, for example.
What's most important is the whole planning before you start to animate.
piripu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 20:45   Link #4
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Hi!

To answer your question, YES! I'd love to learn how to animate. On the other hand, I'm not someone who currently has the time necessary to engage in such a project, as my projects are all backed up as it is.

A word of advice, however, is to not base yourself only on Animesuki Creative Corner opinions. The main reason being that not many artists (as in, people who draw) are active in the boards, thus an accurate measurement of interest becomes highly unlikely. Try other boards for opinions, DevianArt and stuff for more feedback (which I assume you are already trying, yes?).

As for me,

1) A few - I took a Computer Animation class back in Spring '08 which focused much more on 3D animation, and there's a plethora of websites that can help you with mastering animation and modeling software at a price. 2D however, seems to be much more obscure in today's time, and I haven't seen any courses which focus on 2D animation out there.

2) I'm highly interested in all aspects of animation, especially how to make a certain scene flow perfectly, which requires some understanding of FPS and how often the drawing needs to change to accomplish that. The usage of animation programs (RETASPro comes heavily to mind) is also of interest to me, as the techniques used for animation differ widely from still drawing.

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Everything on the Internet is technically "Free" if you catch my drift and know where to find it. Along with Akushou, I'm a poor college stu-... wait, I graduated last week. I'm still poor though.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
learn animation