AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-20, 06:12   Link #301
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
WOOT! WOOT! XDD

it was said that the movie will be an original story before the main girls graduated. XDD

I CAN'T WAIT FOR F'N DECEMBER!! XDD

http://bit.ly/gnd1xm
Hmm. The source claims that the story will be 'original'. If that is true, it will be interesting to see how this story is going to be played out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Before graduation -->> I guess we can assume there won't be any new insert songs except the (probably) new OP or ED.
Perhaps a performance of one the insert songs that weren't played during the anime?
Old 2011-02-20, 06:28   Link #302
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Hmm. The source claims that the story will be 'original'. If that is true, it will be interesting to see how this story is going to be played out.

Perhaps a performance of one the insert songs that weren't played during the anime?
I think there's a high chance for that

I wonder what "original story" really means coz K-ON! s2 is pretty much KyoAni's original story
Old 2011-02-20, 06:39   Link #303
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Before graduation -->> I guess we can assume there won't be any new insert songs except the (probably) new OP or ED.
ahh.. i think they'd do some new insert songs. i can sense it... XD maybe for that movie-only new character(if ever they'd get to know one or two).a friendship song...XD
Old 2011-02-20, 06:43   Link #304
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
ahh.. i think they'd do some new insert songs. i can sense it... XD maybe for that movie-only new character(if ever they'd get to know one or two).a friendship song...XD
If that's the case, shouldn't the song(s) included into HTT's album, then?
Tenshi ni Fureta yo! wasn't included because it took place after the recording
Old 2011-02-20, 07:07   Link #305
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
If that's the case, shouldn't the song(s) included into HTT's album, then?
Tenshi ni Fureta yo! wasn't included because it took place after the recording
XD we don't know about that for sure. i don't think that'd stop the probability of having new insert songs eh? let's say, kyoani might be planning for an OST album for the movie itself including the new IS in there.XDD is that farfetched,eh? XD
Old 2011-02-20, 08:07   Link #306
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
XD we don't know about that for sure. i don't think that'd stop the probability of having new insert songs eh? let's say, kyoani might be planning for an OST album for the movie itself including the new IS in there.XDD is that farfetched,eh? XD
Yeah sure, that was my opinion after all, just trying to think logically I'm hoping that we'll get more songs too. But seeing the story setting, I think that would reduce the probability.

There will surely be an OST for the movie, but I think if there'll be new vocal songs in there, it would be the movie's new OP/ED and some short songs like "Amefuri" and "Usagi to Kame" instead of songs made by HTT as a band (Fuwa Fuwa Time etc.) since the HTT II Album (logically) included all songs made by HTT as a band. So I think it would be kind of funny if they left one or two coz that means that episode 23 must be altered and not to mention the CD merchandise was sold too.

Except that if the setting took place between episode 23 and 24
or the meaning of "original story" is kind of alternative plot.

So, like what Blaze0041 said, I think we'll get the performance of the songs missing in the series instead (Ichigo Parfait, Fuyu no Hi, etc.)
Old 2011-02-20, 09:19   Link #307
Goggen

December... that's... a long way off. Well, I'm still happy we finally have a solid timeframe for the movie. Although I am disappointed that it won't take place after ep 24, I wanted to see them going to college at least a little bit. I suppose the new manga chapters will take care of that, though (since apparently the movie is an original story after all) and possibly, eventually, an anime adaption at a later point, who knows.

But I'm surprised it will take place during their high school days - their final year was pretty well documented in season two, wasn't it? What could they possibly have done "between episodes" that would warrant its story being told in a full length feature film??

Hmm... an anime original story... taking place before graduation... could it be...?

Spoiler for anime only K-On plot:

On the other hand, if they somehow did THAT before graduation, then how the fudge did they never talk about it afterwards?

On a positive note, having the movie take place before graduation at least means they won't mess up the ending, which I honestly was a little worried about. So all in all, you could say I'm both disappointed and relieved. And excited. It's an odd feeling indeed.

EDIT: The official site now features what I suppose is the movie poster. (And by the way, it would appear the title is simply "K-On!")

Last edited by Goggen; 2011-02-20 at 09:28. Reason: Movie poster
Old 2011-02-20, 09:35   Link #308
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

@Wen XD well, i'm still hoping to find new insert songs whether it's by HTT or not. XD but man, i'd die if they'd show FNH being played since,well, i got my reasons...XDD

@Goggen *gasp* i think that might be the plot! but yeah,why they didn't talk about it afterwards would be a problem. but still,gog, it's likely..XD

EDIT: So the plot would revolve around S1 i guess,seeing that poster. btw,i love the pic! XDD
Old 2011-02-20, 09:40   Link #309
Goggen

Quote:
@Wen XD well, i'm still hoping to find new insert songs whether it's by HTT or not. XD but man, i'd die if they'd show FNH being played since,well, i got my reasons...XDD
They should play "Samidare 20 Love", because that song - besides being awesome - really needs a reason to exist. It's the only song on the HTT tape that was never referenced in the anime in some way...

I'm expecting more than a mere one or two songs this time, though. I mean, it's the movie...

Quote:
@Goggen *gasp* i think that might be the plot! but yeah,why they didn't talk about it afterwards would be a problem. but still,gog, it's likely..XD
On the other hand, it would explain why they stopped talking about wanting to go to Budokan towards the end of the series. I always wondered why they stopped mentioning it so suddenly...

Last edited by Goggen; 2011-02-20 at 09:42. Reason: More stuff to say.
Old 2011-02-20, 09:49   Link #310
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

@Goggen yeah,Samidare must be shown too. XD i'm expecting more than 2 songs as well. XD that'd be awesome if ever! XD

hmm..and that's making it more probable if they'd stopped talking 'bout it. XD i'm with you in this. XD
Old 2011-02-20, 09:54   Link #311
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

EDIT: So the plot would revolve around S1 i guess,seeing that poster. btw,i love the pic! XDD
The pic doesn't seem to be Nichijou-ed yay for that! XD

About the Budokan, I think that's just a kind of high-schooler dream. Well, we have to dream high if we want to succeed, right?

After seeing the poster, a possibility about a plot revolving between s1 and s2 suddenly crossed my mind

Spoiler for for my wish:
Old 2011-02-20, 10:04   Link #312
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
They should play "Samidare 20 Love", because that song - besides being awesome - really needs a reason to exist. It's the only song on the HTT tape that was never referenced in the anime in some way...
If I remember correctly Samidare 20 Love was referenced already when Everyone tried to make lyrics. I think it was the one made by Mio when Yui made U&I lyrics... *remember that at the end Ritsu said that they'll make 2 songs instead of 1 rite?* But well, I'm not really sure since I haven't check it properly... CMIIW :3

EDIT: Speaking about the movie's "original plot" somehow reminds me about all of the ED videos... Oh well... I think I read too many AU K-ON fanfics... -_-
Old 2011-02-20, 10:37   Link #313
Goggen

Quote:
So the plot would revolve around S1 i guess,seeing that poster. btw,i love the pic! XDD
Not quite sure what you mean by this? I don't see any indication in that picture regarding the time frame of the story?
Quote:
After seeing the poster, a possibility about a plot revolving between s1 and s2 suddenly crossed my mind
That is a possibility too. There's a gap in the story of about three months or so between the two seasons (season 1 ends at new years day, season 2 open with the start of the next school year).
Old 2011-02-20, 10:52   Link #314
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

@Wen LOL. I wish for it too!! i mean, c'mon man, it'd just be so unfair if not. DX i want to see it! XDD and yeah, no nichijou-ed eyes,thank the heavens! XD

@Goggen xD I find the single exclamation point as some sort of indication. XD but hey, that's just me.XDD although i agree that the plot might be mid S1 and S2! that'd be lovely XD
Old 2011-02-20, 11:07   Link #315
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
I think there's a high chance for that

I wonder what "original story" really means coz K-ON! s2 is pretty much KyoAni's original story
Rockumetary, please!!!
Old 2011-02-20, 11:51   Link #316
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Ah good.

If the next manga is a college continuation of the main story rather than a "mid story", the movie won't contradict with what's gonna happen next...

Which means...

K-ON SEAONS 3 IS NO LONGER A DREAM!! YEAH!! WOO HOO!!
Old 2011-02-20, 11:59   Link #317
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
December... that's... a long way off. Well, I'm still happy we finally have a solid timeframe for the movie. Although I am disappointed that it won't take place after ep 24, I wanted to see them going to college at least a little bit. I suppose the new manga chapters will take care of that, though (since apparently the movie is an original story after all) and possibly, eventually, an anime adaption at a later point, who knows.
That was my thought as well. A pre-graduation movie would be a way to let Kakifly set up post-graduation storylines in the manga, which KyoAni later can adapt for a third, non-high school season. And by having it take place before graduation, they wouldn't have to worry with possibly contradicting whatever Kakifly will come up with.

But since it's an original story, I wonder how long before we find out the basic plot...
Old 2011-02-20, 12:26   Link #318
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Ah good.

If the next manga is a college continuation of the main story rather than a "mid story", the movie won't contradict with what's gonna happen next...

Which means...

K-ON SEAONS 3 IS NO LONGER A DREAM!! YEAH!! WOO HOO!!
Not yet, Theres not enough proof. We still have the upcoming movie, and the continuation of the manga until we can safely say there will be no season 3.

But on the flip side. Original Story, could mean after high school, and that it wont be about them in high school (since the fist Plot Outline was about them in High school) yet still maintaining the cannon (maybe a post-high school) hence "original story". Since its just a poster we can't jump into conclusions, that its gonna be about High school life (S1-S2). There is a possibility that they might use there High school uniforms for a concert. kinda like the OVA live house (plus there uniform is like they're signature appearance); and all though we want new music to appear, if its gonna be in high school we shouldn't expect new music, but the current ones. If after High-school like post-high school then we should expect a new original story with new music

-We know its gonna be after season 1 since Azusa is there, and we want there newer music to appear from there recent Tea time album.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-02-20 at 13:52.
Old 2011-02-20, 13:22   Link #319
Goggen

Quote:
@Goggen xD I find the single exclamation point as some sort of indication.
Nah, that means nothing. That is the original title of the franchise, after all. There's really no reason to put two exclamation points in the movie title just because the second season of the TV series did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Original Story, could mean after high school, and that it wont be about them in high school (since the fist Plot Outline was about them in High school) yet still maintaining the cannon (maybe a post-high school) hence "original story".
The quote that said it was going to be an original story specifically said it would take place before Yui's graduation.
Old 2011-02-20, 13:47   Link #320
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Nah, that means nothing. That is the original title of the franchise, after all. There's really no reason to put two exclamation points in the movie title just because the second season of the TV series did.

The quote that said it was going to be an original story specifically said it would take place before Yui's graduation.
There's a quote? If its not too much. can you link that quote? I think i missed it

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-02-20 at 13:57.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life