AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-01-01, 04:21   Link #2141
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Are you kidding? He looks even more feminine in that promo.
Old 2014-01-01, 11:25   Link #2142
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Oh dear, a new season of SAO that magically mind controls people who hate to watch it and force them to watch it? Oh the humanity of it all! *cough*sarcasm*cough*
I seriously do not know how the heck can people project all their hate of how the anime market is nowadays into a single series. Its unbelievably irrational as heck.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 12:14   Link #2143
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

I can't decide if this belongs to the extra thread or here, but...

Isn't the Underwater quest a way to drop some of the hints from the Excaliber/Caliber story into the anime universe? Since they didn't animate Jotumheim, but it seems there is a plot with the so called Aesir, they used this ep to try to tie everything togheter? All of this is because part of the Leviathan/Kraken dialogue was too similar to a dialog in Excaliber/Caliber quest.
Old 2014-01-01, 13:00   Link #2144
AyuAyu

I don't mind spoilers for this series, so, can someone tell me if Kirito and Asuna break up and Kirito gets a new girl in the 2. season or is he still together with Asuna?

KuroFai is Canon! Accept it!
AyuAyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 13:01   Link #2145
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuAyu View Post
I don't mind spoilers for this series, so, can someone tell me if Kirito and Asuna break up and Kirito gets a new girl in the 2. season or is he still together with Asuna?
Kirito and Asuna stay together.
Old 2014-01-01, 13:08   Link #2146
daedalron

Asuna doesn't appear much in the GGO arc (volume 5 & 6). She's however the main character of the next arc (volume 7). Volume 8 is a collection of side-stories. In Volume 9 to 13 (last released), most of the heroines don't appear at all.

As for her relation with Kirito, they are still together, even though she doesn't appear much and the number of girls turning around Kirito keep increasing.
daedalron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 16:50   Link #2147
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
You may as well go Gilgamesh and use the Gates of Banaylon.
Why not just get the Banuma Elish right off the bat then>

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Brace yourself folks. The discussion on Mother's Rosario is probably going to be one of the ugliest Anime discussion on the Internet this year.

There's a sheer amount of flame bait that Mother's Rosario skirts on. From Homosexuality to HIV, to the concept of Filial piety, and I think the sheer number of SAO haters would mean eventually, someone will harp on these issues to justify their dislike. And it would spiral out of control from there.
Homosexuality? When in MR was that? [Bear in mind that it has been like a year and a half since I read it so I really can not remember that too well]

Still, can't wait for SAO II. Phantom Bullet and Mother's Rosario were the two arcs that I really enjoyed out of the series (I got bored after Volume 8) since Aincrad and Fairy Dance were all pretty weak (barring the Sachi Chapter).
Old 2014-01-01, 16:52   Link #2148
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
I can't decide if this belongs to the extra thread or here, but...

Isn't the Underwater quest a way to drop some of the hints from the Excaliber/Caliber story into the anime universe? Since they didn't animate Jotumheim, but it seems there is a plot with the so called Aesir, they used this ep to try to tie everything togheter? All of this is because part of the Leviathan/Kraken dialogue was too similar to a dialog in Excaliber/Caliber quest.
Excaliber wasn't located undersea... and it would generate some problem if they decided to place the Excaliber undersea instead of in Jotumheim, as they need Norse mythology reference to let the story work..
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 16:54   Link #2149
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Brace yourself folks. The discussion on Mother's Rosario is probably going to be one of the ugliest Anime discussion on the Internet this year.

There's a sheer amount of flame bait that Mother's Rosario skirts on. From Homosexuality to HIV, to the concept of Filial piety, and I think the sheer number of SAO haters would mean eventually, someone will harp on these issues to justify their dislike. And it would spiral out of control from there.
-.-are we on the same internet that I'd yet to see any of these, instead there're many negative comment on all other arcs...
Old 2014-01-01, 17:07   Link #2150
daedalron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Homosexuality? When in MR was that? [Bear in mind that it has been like a year and a half since I read it so I really can not remember that too well]
I guess he's refering to Yuuki proposing to marry Asuna, but that was more a joke than a serious proposal, so I don't think that would count (but seeing how haters can look for the slighest thing to bash SAO...).

However, it's true the story of Mother Rosario could lead to massive hate from people. But as I said just before, it's more the haters looking at anything they can find to hate the story, than real problems. I really liked the MR arc, perhaps one of my prefered arc of all SAO, and I really hope to see it animated if we get a full 25 ep season.
daedalron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 19:50   Link #2151
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
-.-are we on the same internet that I'd yet to see any of these, instead there're many negative comment on all other arcs...
It's because of all those negative comments that I think Mother's Rosario is going to be also attacked. But because it's, IMO a really good story, one of Reki's best, those Haters would probably resort to attacking the story based on some of it's more contentious themes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalron View Post
I guess he's refering to Yuuki proposing to marry Asuna, but that was more a joke than a serious proposal, so I don't think that would count (but seeing how haters can look for the slighest thing to bash SAO...).

However, it's true the story of Mother Rosario could lead to massive hate from people. But as I said just before, it's more the haters looking at anything they can find to hate the story, than real problems. I really liked the MR arc, perhaps one of my prefered arc of all SAO, and I really hope to see it animated if we get a full 25 ep season.
I share the same sentiments. MR was my favorite of all of SAO, telling the arc from Asuna's perspective gave her an incredible amount of character development.

The problem is, because of it's strength, people , as you've said too, would find the slightest thing to bash SAO. And besides accusing MR of being Emotionally manipulative, the other easier way is to bash MR for the themes it skirts around, no matter how narrowly. Basically, as you have said, they'd find the slightest excuse to bash SAO - a quick look at parts of the Blogosphere reactions to SAO Season 2 announcement is a preview of what's to come when the anime starts airing.

If we get MR, I hope Episode 26 is the start of Alicization, and Kirito being stabbed. That, to me is the best natural break for SAO's Second Season, and a cliffhanger for the third.

Then, after that, hopefully we get a SAO Progressive Remake anime given the Shounen anime treatment of 100+ episodes.

Last edited by novalysis; 2014-01-02 at 00:40.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 23:45   Link #2152
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuAyu View Post
They are a solid canon couple. They are like lovebirds.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 01:03   Link #2153
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Having watched the first SAO anime, and liking it overall (though I'm with those who say the first arc was MUCH better), and having been generally spoiled on how the story goes afterwards, I'm assuming this new season will be far darker than the first adaptation?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 01:07   Link #2154
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Having watched the first SAO anime, and liking it overall (though I'm with those who say the first arc was MUCH better), and having been generally spoiled on how the story goes afterwards, I'm assuming this new season will be far darker than the first adaptation?
Probably not that much darker. The most likely thing to expect is that they'll adapt Phantom Bullet and Mother Rosario assuming they want another 24-26 episode series, and possibly the Caliber short story. While they involved a few deaths, all told they aren't that much darker.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 01:28   Link #2155
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
GGO might be more intense action. Mother Rosario is more emotional since it deals with relationship between family and friends and value of life.

I just hope they don't screw it.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 09:07   Link #2156
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

I would like if they adapted MR, since it stays away from Kirito (except for the semi deus ex machina when he comes and saves the Sleeping Knights), but i'm guessing that since it has no Kirito and it's very light on action maybe they will either not adapt it or make it last very few eps.

About Caliber, now that i think about it, maybe a part of the Whole "Undersea" quest they will use that to introduce it? Even if the

@c933103 isn't the kraken norse mithology? And mostly i'm thinking about the Aesir reference.
Old 2014-01-02, 10:36   Link #2157
Krono

Quote:
I would like if they adapted MR, since it stays away from Kirito (except for the semi deus ex machina when he comes and saves the Sleeping Knights), but i'm guessing that since it has no Kirito and it's very light on action maybe they will either not adapt it or make it last very few eps.
The thing is that just Phantom Bullet would be insufficient to fill 25 episodes without being extremely stretched out, and I kind of doubt that they'll make SAO II be only a 12-13 episode series.

Furthermore, one of the first real hints of a season 2 was the official anime twitter account posting this poster of Shinon and Kirito not long after we first got news of the extra edition:

https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/387952619731185664

A hint because there wouldn't be much reason for them to make and for the anime account to promote a poster featuring Shinon when nothing involving her was happening.

Then a few weeks ago while promoting the extra edition, they posted this poster featuring Shinon, Yuuki, and Asuna:

https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status/410350730617167873

Again, there's really not much reason for them to include Yuuki in that when nothing involving her is happening. So I'll be unsurprised if it's revealed that they'll be doing Mother Rosario as well.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 11:49   Link #2158
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I forgot about that tweet with Shinon, Asuna and Yuuki. Here's hoping for Caliber and MR.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 16:57   Link #2159
c933103
FTNR

Quote:

About Caliber, now that i think about it, maybe a part of the Whole "Undersea" quest they will use that to introduce it? Even if the

@c933103 isn't the kraken norse mithology? And mostly i'm thinking about the Aesir reference.
no,...so i said some problems would be generated...
Old 2014-01-03, 07:08   Link #2160
hamazura
whatever

ggo is too short.... no super plot or story or even dialouge or anything.... just action...

so it will include ggo, excalibur, and mother rosario...
well i dont care, i dont rly like this arc especially the part with super gary stu mode slice the bullet with star wars lightsaber