AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-03-23, 19:24   Link #61
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Chapter 21 is out.

Spoiler:
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 19:29   Link #62
NeoSam

Yeah its out

Torrent available here: Manganews.

But why volume 3 chapter 21? isn't this chapter the beginning of the 4th volume?
Old 2006-03-23, 21:27   Link #63
Blimey

I think Chapter 21 is the last chapter of Volume 3, though I'm not completely sure.

Spoiler:
Blimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 07:50   Link #64
Eclipze

Chapter 21's "plot twist", when I first heard/read about it, indeed seemed to be cheap writing. However, upon reading the actual chapter, it didnt seem so cheap afterall.

Spoiler:
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 14:26   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The "plot twist" produces some emotionally effective stuff in chapters 21-23. It works so well, at least for me, that I'm more than willing to forgive the slight stretch (which is pretty well explained, anyway). Now let's see how they can resolve the situation.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 09:22   Link #66
Blimey

Are you reading the raws for the latest chapters? Can I ask where you get them?
Blimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 12:07   Link #67
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blimey
Are you reading the raws for the latest chapters? Can I ask where you get them?
Hi.

Sorry, but posting links to or the site names of where to find RAW manga or anime isn't allowed as per our forum rules. The unlicensed manga is up to Chaper 21 and can be found at MangaNews.

Hope that helps. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 03:10   Link #68
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd call the "big news" for Hazumu ... marginally cheap ass writing --- as in plot device-y out of the blue, especially if its intended to force her to "choose one". Since this is introduced in ch. 3 with what we suppose are ooh gob more chapters to go, its hard to even take it as seriously as it is being played. I shall continue to read but with one eyebrow cocked and my lips in :\ mode...
Old 2006-04-04, 00:02   Link #69
roguenoir
Rogue Member

I'll be sad if Hazumu dies..

/cry

There's no way she's gonna die in the end..

Also, my theory about Hazumu's female existence is that her soul is still preserved but the aliens reconstructed a female body and attached Hazumu's soul to it. Kinda of like Alphonse Elric in FMA except being given a real body instead of a metal one.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 15:42   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In general, I'm liking the series enough to go buy the JP versions... but mostly because I'm finding many parts of the story where the panel to panel transition is so jumpy its a bit tough to follow the action (example I've used elsewhere -- the Asuta tries to tell Hazumu about his feelings but is interrupted ... there are a bunch of others) ... I'm getting the feeling the translation is losing some context that might explain the scene transitions better rather than just poor storyboard work.

The art is great.. the situation is very interesting.... just hope they can keep it up. Still not liking the "plot device" thrown in ch.20-21 ... but we'll see.
Old 2006-04-07, 19:04   Link #71
NeoSam

Volume 3 omake 2 is out.

Old 2006-04-07, 19:54   Link #72
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I think I prefer the anime's ep 11 plot twist to this whole "fate", though it is nice that he provided an explanation as to why Hazumu was reconstructed as a girl... And if what Sora's really saying is "Hazumu's toast unless I see some hot yuri action and soon", I'm not sure how much I can complain.

Hey baby, how about you and me share fate elements? x_x
Old 2006-04-08, 12:22   Link #73
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Dynasty released another omake....it's messed up...
Old 2006-04-09, 18:28   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
I think I prefer the anime's ep 11 plot twist to this whole "fate", though it is nice that he provided an explanation as to why Hazumu was reconstructed as a girl... And if what Sora's really saying is "Hazumu's toast unless I see some hot yuri action and soon", I'm not sure how much I can complain.

Hey baby, how about you and me share fate elements? x_x
aye... the "fate element" thing sounds like C-grade "Plan 9" kind of malarkey pretending to be science fiction. Its possible the intended meaning is something else less silly (maybe some Shinto concept or some physical concept with a poetic name) but research is required. Ah well... I've ordered the jp series, so I may take a stab at what was originally said.
Old 2006-04-10, 16:07   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, the omake just released is a little bizarre since its primary purpose seems to be to advert for the playstation game.
Old 2006-04-12, 19:22   Link #76
NeoSam

Volume 4 chapter 22 is out.

Old 2006-04-13, 00:03   Link #77
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

As far fetched as the premise and some of the plot twists are, this series never fails to tug at my heartstrings. I don't even know why; sometimes I feel the writing is outright terrible, but the chapters always impact me emotionally.
Old 2006-04-13, 00:27   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye.. I can't decide if its the art style, the situation, or some combination. But for being what it is, it really affects me as well.

Its almost like a Greek tragedy or myth where someone is struck by the gods and how they and their comrades deal with it.
Old 2006-04-13, 00:49   Link #79
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I think part of it might be that compared to other anime/manga characters, the three girls are so much more human. They're OMG reasonable and act like normal people!
Old 2006-04-13, 10:11   Link #80
Haruka Tenoh
Bardiche Assault..Set Up!

I agree with riznar... I don't like the manga that much... but... I always get caught in the story... *deppressed again after reading chapter 22 ^^U*
Haruka Tenoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, yuri