Notices

Old 2016-04-07, 17:58   Link #21
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Funimation to stream it (as part of their lineup):

http://www.funimation.com/p/spring
I'm cringing at the title... Less at the "very liberal" (ie: barely related) translation, and more at the borderline Engrish. Yes, "And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online?" is technically grammatically sound, but no one says that. "So You Thought There Were No Girls Online?" would be better.

A more accurate translation would be "So You Thought Your Online Game Wife Wasn't a Girl?"
Old 2016-04-07, 18:07   Link #22
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hrm ... well when I read the manga adaptation (I think it was also an adaptation) I thought it was one of those "only okay" stories, and the anime adaptation seemed to be in the same boat. From what I can remember, though, it seemed to be pretty faithful in line with the manga at least.

Dunno - this will prolly be one of those "well, not bad but not really my kinda thing" type of series. We will see though.
Old 2016-04-07, 18:23   Link #23
Seihai
スマイリウム

The OP is catchy and the art is lovely (based Hisasi). I'm an online gamer so I can relate to a lot of the jokes better than those who don't game a lot (online), too, I believe. We all have that dark history topkek. I'm not particularly bothered by the all-but-one-female cast, at least it wasn't surprising this being an LN with a not so remarkable title. Although I do like the meaning of the title itself very much, because successful online relationships are every gamer's dream after all. Heh. One thing I like a lot is the use of chibi characters, it's pretty adorable.

All in all. Came in with 0 info and expectation and got a fun ride to jump on here I guess.
Old 2016-04-07, 18:29   Link #24
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For a first episode, it was quite entertaining and it is actually refreshing a netoge series -actually- play the IRL MMO tropes in a "realistic" fashion.
It is also nice to have appropriate transitions between game and IRL scenes so it doesn't feel like a fake fantasy series abusing game termonologies as if they were in a VR game.

It is a bit a pity that it became a "everyone but the protagonist is a girl" thing. I'd have prefered a balanced cast in there to avoid the usual harem faux pas, but I guess Kyou will just make things more interested, regardless if she is a girl or not.
I just hope Hideki and Ako's relationship won't screw the precarious balance of the show (it could stay very nicely balanced or go full harem tropes for no reason).
Old 2016-04-07, 19:05   Link #25
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Ako is cute. I think I will enjoy this show.

Damn, his guildies were all girls. Lucky!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 19:31   Link #26
Elestia

I read a couple chapters of the manga and remembered it was okay. Although, I felt Ako has some traits and backgrounds that don't necessary compliment her personality.

It becomes more apparent in the next episode, but she is kind of a hypocrite if I remember correctly.
Old 2016-04-07, 19:48   Link #27
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

A solid start just like I remembered.

Among all technical aspects only one doesn't goes well to me.

The color saturation.

That aside the episode was 9/10
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 19:59   Link #28
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have roughly the same "generally negative" opinion with Rusian about girls online. However, my main gripe about getting a relationship online is always the fact that "you can always do this outside of the game". I've been through a couple of populous MMOs and many of those relationships cause many tragedies like players getting scammed or treated like a sugar daddy by their partners (regardless of IRL gender, by the way) and causing guild drama because the "girl" ends up jumping from powerful guild member to another.

Anyway, I do have experiences with girls online (my college bestfriend was a guildmaster herself for some time) and they are a good person to have because of more channels for communication.

On the episode, Rusian is doubly lucky because both Schwein and the pay-to-win wizard know about and respect their relationship. I hope he doesn't piss off Ako, though. She's the kind of girl that can snap and snap hard she will.

It was a good decision to pick up this series after missing out on LN anime involving social relationships like Haganai and Oregairu. The gaming experiences are also very relatable. Will be keeping this.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 20:02   Link #29
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It was a good decision to pick up this series after missing out on LN anime involving social relationships like Haganai and Oregairu. The gaming experiences are also very relatable. Will be keeping this.
Oh yeah, this is what I had in mind. Netogeyome is what Haganai would have been without the disastrous romance polygon drama.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 20:32   Link #30
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Honestly I might just stay due to the female characters. It is funny at the beginning, but if it is like the manga, the jokes might become rather boring and repetitive. Hope it's not like that in further parts, since some illustrations looked like there was some interesting stuffs happening.
Old 2016-04-07, 21:00   Link #31
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got to say Ako is cute but the MC really needs a new party if he dies that much
Old 2016-04-07, 21:04   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Anyone would kill for his position after the discovery that his guild is made up of one guy and three girls.
Well, two of them (the GM included) can probably eviscerate the guy, but still.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 21:13   Link #33
Blueknight78

omg I was really waiting for this serie, that is one of the few non harem novels, I only read te manga so far and was really waiting for her.

for peoples which could waiting for others things this serie is pretty much like chuunibyou, one guy with some girls but only one romance and true one being worked the others girls are really "just they friend and really support his relationship, also the main girl being the most broken character and unlike the mc in chunibiou this one actually don't have problem being a gamer and not really full embarrased of his life to others peoples, this serie will be a miss or hit, if peoples are comming for ships will be a miss, otherwise could be a hit if you enjoy the comedy, I really hope the director here don't screw up the things like in dagashi and start to pull "not needed "original content(AKA harem) for the sake of "a type of public and screw up the show.

I really look foward to see the guild funny moments.
Old 2016-04-07, 22:43   Link #34
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm surprised how much I liked this. I remember when I first saw Schwein my only thought was "someone find some kind of dirt to wipe that look off her face and teach her that she's not really any better than the rest of them". I wasn't sure whether she was a tsundere OTP wannabe or one of those girls who simply hate the protagonist from the bottom of their hearts, convinced of their superiority and his inferiority. I utterly detest the second type and almost immediately imagining ways the story could force them to realize that the protagonist's better than they realize and that they themselves aren't all that. But man, what a way to bring her down FAST! Shall we call her Miss Piggy from here on?

And man, what a change of fortune for our hero, from pining after a pretty girl who's really an old guy to a guild with one real girl and two of the more popular girls in school pretending to be boys!

I hope we see more LA girls though. I mean, we've got a guy who doubts girls' gender who wound up getting roasted, fried, flambéed, gutted and ground into a fine powder because the girls he was with wouldn't stop CHATTING. I'm picking up an unfortunate unintended implication here.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 23:07   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Enjoyable first episode. I liked the first few chapters of the manga, too, but my interest waned. We'll see how things go.

Hidaka Rina's Ako is over the top, but still works for me, so far. The character is over the top, after all.

Schwein is played by Minase Inori, who was Hestia in DanMachi ("Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?").
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 23:45   Link #36
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

My biggest gripe is who was the idiot who subbed it for Funi. The MC's net name is Lucian. Officially. We finally get a series where the creators correctly romanicize an uncommon Western name, and Funimation has to weeb it up and call him "Rusian". The spirit of "GIRUGAMESH!" is alive and well, apparently. -_-'

Ako is dangerously cute (literally), but that girl ain't right. Lucian is typical put-upon MC; nothing special there. But the best part of the series is the support girls. Guildmistress is best girl for a number of reasons (funny, rich, built better than the last several SI swimsuit issue cover girls), but Schwein is a perfect tsuntsun character. Every sneer of disdain and grimace of horrified shame are perfect. Should be fun to see the group tease out her inner dere...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-04-07 at 23:56.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 00:06   Link #37
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Schwein is a perfect tsuntsun character. Every sneer of disdain and grimace of horrified shame are perfect. Should be fun to see the group tease out her inner dere...
I already like her. What would be really funny is if it turned out she really likes frogs...
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 00:12   Link #38
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
My biggest gripe is who was the idiot who subbed it for Funi. The MC's net name is Lucian. Officially.
Really? Because the website gives it as Rusian:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-04-08, 00:39   Link #39
xeviouses

Liked the LN alot but I had to drop it because of a very long to read-list. Nice to see it get animated.

Uh, the introductions during the meeting was hitting close to home. It really is awkward to introduce yourself by net name.

More hisasi is always good no matter the type of work.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 00:44   Link #40
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I got dibs on Ako and Kyoh(Stupid Prez).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, not harem, romcom