AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-12-08, 01:21   Link #561
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Neither the HBO channel would show the rape scenes in a GS anime as it does in the manga, in fact, if there is an GS anime, expect a lot of Western feminist critics. The best thing to do is like in Berserk, show, but do not show neatly as in a hentai.

As for violence, after Drifters and Inuyashiki, I do not think there will be any problem with that.
What is the point of GS anime if there is no rape involved? Might as well don't animate it.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 01:23   Link #562
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Manga updated a little while ago. Goblins and boats. Business as usual.
You mean pirate goblin. Seriously, teh captain even had an eyepatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Would western feminist critics be happy if author added extremely rare all female goblin clam that rapes man instead?

Anyway it's not like novel is hentai level descriptive or (gods help) be supposed be titillating in any way.
Probably. Feminist can get really cray cray.

And yeah, the goblin thing was never supposed to be arousing, but horrifying. Don't sto
p people from saying it's the former.
Old 2017-12-08, 01:50   Link #563
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
The Goblin Lord and the party is a good end for a short series.

If it's a 12 episodes series, I think it could go like this:

Ep 1: A short introduction to the world, then Priestess meets the party and they start venturing. Also the first exposition to show case the world. Maybe include more scenes where Priestess interact with the party both outside and inside the cave. Probably ends with the goblin ambushing the party.

Ep 2: Starts out with the party "heroicly" fending off goblins with accompanying flashbacks and then start switching to the death scenes. Priestess escapes with Wizard, then the unfated meeting happen.

Ep 3: Cleanup of the cave, then the aftermath. Also another expositions, as this time the real ennemies of the series get an exposition.

Ep 4: The Steel party get ambushed, then GS ambushing them. Ends with Elf meeting teh Bard and ask for Orcbolg.

Ep 5 - 8: The Elf fortress.

Ep 9: Recuperation time, with the Goblin Lord appearing at the end.

Ep 10-12: The entire Farm war. Ends with the "He does not let anyone rolls the dice" scene, with Sword Maiden appearing at the end as a hook.
In case no one here knows, all of these are covered in the first LN volume only. The manga has just entered LN Vol 2's story. It's very rare for an anime to cover just one LN volume.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 01:59   Link #564
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
What is the point of GS anime if there is no rape involved? Might as well don't animate it.
I thought what attracted people was the hunts and strategies that GS used against Goblins.

Anyway, I did not say "NO RAPE," I said not explicitly, in Berserk 2017 were shown women being raped, and recently in Inuyashiki had homosexual rape, but it is stupid to expect that in an TV anime there will be explicit sex scenes like in hentai, yet more at a time in which we live.

Of course, GS anime can be streamed via internet, as lately happens with R-18 anime.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 02:04   Link #565
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
In case no one here knows, all of these are covered in the first LN volume only. The manga has just entered LN Vol 2's story. It's very rare for an anime to cover just one LN volume.
Yeah, one vol is too much now that I think aobut it.

How about 6 ep for one vol? 3 eps would be rushing too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I thought what attracted people was the hunts and strategies that GS used against Goblins.

Anyway, I did not say "NO RAPE," I said not explicitly, in Berserk 2017 were shown women being raped, and recently in Inuyashiki had homosexual rape, but it is stupid to expect that in an TV anime there will be explicit sex scenes like in hentai, yet more at a time in which we live.

Of course, GS anime can be streamed via internet, as lately happens with R-18 anime.
It could be silhouette shots - the shadows of the victim and the goblins reflected by the torch light onto the cave wall - or a panning shot - showing the entire area as GS enters the lair - with a couple of naked girls chained up/lying on the ground. Plenty hints, but not outright said.
Old 2017-12-08, 15:12   Link #566
gocav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
...extremely rare all female goblin clam that rapes man...
It's happened before. Those were orcs, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Yeah, one vol is too much now that I think aobut it.

How about 6 ep for one vol? 3 eps would be rushing too much.
If I remember correctly, Danmachi was 3 episodes per light novel volume and KonoSuba was 5 episodes per light novel volume so it can vary depending on all sorts of stuff.

Quote:
It could be silhouette shots - the shadows of the victim and the goblins reflected by the torch light onto the cave wall - or a panning shot - showing the entire area as GS enters the lair - with a couple of naked girls chained up/lying on the ground. Plenty hints, but not outright said.
This year's Berserk had the stuff with the trolls in it(surprisingly). Though blacked out on TV, I imagine it will be like 2016's season and the blu-rays will be uncensored.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 11:04   Link #567
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i just read chapter 4 and 5 of Goblin Slayer: Side Story Year One.
Spoiler for Year One Ch4-5:
Old 2017-12-09, 23:52   Link #568
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So i just read chapter 4 and 5 of Goblin Slayer: Side Story Year One.
Spoiler for Year One Ch4-5:
it is exactly because it reminds him of himself that he starts killing them, because then he knew once they grow up they will come back for revenge either on him or other people, just like himself.
Old 2017-12-10, 10:49   Link #569
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
it is exactly because it reminds him of himself that he starts killing them, because then he knew once they grow up they will come back for revenge either on him or other people, just like himself.
It's been a learning experience for him at least.
Old 2017-12-14, 15:49   Link #570
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
which in turn gives true to his "I'm the goblin" phrase.
Old 2017-12-15, 12:03   Link #571
Sixth
Hu Tao

So, don't you guys felt it was a bit sad and depressing that PRIESTESS will forever dedicated herself (she got traumatised by Goblins) on GS and his mundane quests forever when she has the potential (her valuable skillsets) to be the part of the HERO group that will eventually going to slay the demon lord, dark god and save the world in the future?

In other word, is it alright for her to squander her talents and usefulness so she can stick with GS to the end?
Old 2017-12-15, 12:20   Link #572
dragon1412

Quote:
So, don't you guys felt it was a bit sad and depressing that PRIESTESS will forever dedicated herself (she got traumatised by Goblins) on GS and his mundane quests forever when she has the potential (her valuable skillsets) to be the part of the HERO group that will eventually going to slay the demon lord, dark god and save the world in the future?

In other word, is it alright for her to squander her talents and usefulness so she can stick with GS to the end?
Why ???? talent is just that, talent, it's not like she is guaranteed to become strong enough to fight demon lord and stuff ???? There is no point if the girl herself don't have the motivation to become strong at that point, you can say all the thing about talents but the thing is, she is not the sole person that can use miracle, her ability is normal for a adventurer right now, that's it. More importantly, when she was going to die inside that goblin hole, who is it that come to her side ??? who is it that she admired and stay together with ???

and secondly, what she has accomplished is something that no one was doing, how many die to goblins, how many villagers terrorized by them ???? and did the heroes do anything ??? did the army do anything ??? reading the latest chapter again and look again whether it was a waste or not. Whether she is capable of defeat the demon lord is up to anyone guess, but fact is, she together with GS have killed many goblins and protect many villages and towns.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 12:41   Link #573
Sixth
Hu Tao

So you like to see her spending her whole lifetime just to assist and kill goblins until the day she died?
Old 2017-12-15, 13:00   Link #574
dragon1412

Quote:
So you like to see her spending her whole lifetime just to assist and kill goblins until the day she died?
Even then, that's her choice. If she is fine with it, no one else can have a word, the main issue was always "what does the girl want herself" not because of talent or anything that force her to choose. She can go heroing, but who can say for sure she is going to be a hero or she just another copse under the demon feet, she is Goblin slaying, but at least she herself choose to do that. No matter the decision, we don't know whether she can even grow to that level or not, or will she success or failed like many other ??? so I don't think you can call that a waste, and GS is actively teach her anyway, are you 100% sure that she will have a silver rank teach her and accompanied her if she go to frontline ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 13:18   Link #575
Tenzen12

Quote:
Well If it's good enough for Goblin Slayer, why it should be waste for Priestess? Anyway she still green, and this gives her very solid foundation, if she decide become big shot later it will be helpful. Either way there is plenty adventurer aspiring for greatness, and very few who are willing became glorified exterminators.

I will be honest though. I just hope she will became strong enough to take over whole Goblin slaying business, so GB can go on some never ending adventuring campaign with High Elf.
Old 2017-12-15, 15:13   Link #576
Twi

Ultimately, it's Priestess' choice to go out Goblin Slaying. She knows the risks. Not to mention she probably has some intense guilt over the fact that her first party got wiped, so if she can prevent more rookies from snuffing it then she's doing a good job. There's literally more benefit in killing Goblins for the people of the Frontier than going with a higher-level party that would have a more experienced healer against a demon king.
Old 2017-12-15, 15:25   Link #577
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:

First, it's her choice. It may be depressing or whatever but it's her choice. Not a weird thing if she both want to repay gS and have survivor guilt about the cave. In fact, GS feels like he wants to not take her with him on goblin quest - remember when they first met the other 3? - but his sister words and the fight with CG hen he was young probably stopped him from being forceful about it.

Second, as GS points out, before demon gods and whatever can destroy the world, goblin would have destroyed many more villages. Demon lords are rare, goblins are everywhere. By help slaying goblins, she is already saving the world.

Third, with GS, she can learn to maximise her potential with his line of thinking. I mean, who would expect to use the Protection spell to block others in for the fire? Or a triple Protection combo to crush em to death?
Old 2017-12-15, 19:54   Link #578
Random14

I don't see it as a waste, Priestess is doing good work saving people from goblins. Every quest Goblin Slayer completes with her help means probably one less person killed by goblins.

And even though she has that potential, it still comes down to luck and will, not even the gods can do much about that. If it weren't for Goblin Slayer, Priestess would be dead (or worse) after her first quest, and that would be an even bigger waste of potential. Out of obligation to Goblin Slayer, out of survivor guilt, out of a wish to help Goblin Slayer with his work and maybe be a better person (and so he won't end up dead by himself on a quest too tough even for him), to help people, those are all good reasons.

Its not like Priestess was born with superpowers, compared to the cliche Hero(ine), so far she still seems like a better than average beginning Adventurer, and that's more than good enough for her.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 20:25   Link #579
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
is it alright for her to squander her talents and usefulness so she can stick with GS to the end?
go read novel #6, or wait for the manga to catch up in 4, 5 years. (for crying out loud, the whole timeline from book 1 to book 6 is only ONE YEAR, give it time.)
Old 2017-12-15, 21:12   Link #580
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Where's the manga right now in the novel timeline? (volume/chapter wise)
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, harem, mature content, tragedy