ssbb210

only the front view, side view look like arios
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 16:32   Link #24042
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbb210 View Post
only the front view, side view look like arios
the general design with the sidebinders reminds me more of the OO raiser though to be honest.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 16:42   Link #24043
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

That Double-Bullet is more like a wannabe of these two mechas:
Spoiler for see for yourself:

Only with worse design and color composition.
Old 2012-01-16, 17:57   Link #24044
Butagami

Yeah it does remind one of 00R (and CGUE deep arms, forgot about that one) but that's not what bugs me with age 2. It's the torso. It's too wide, makes it look wrong. overall it looks like a light, fast machine, but the upper torso is more fitted for a heavy MS...
Old 2012-01-16, 18:00   Link #24045
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That Double-Bullet is more like a wannabe of these two mechas:
Spoiler for see for yourself:

Only with worse design and color composition.
I think I'm inclined to agree for the most part expect I've only just noticed the legs on the Double Bullet and I gotta say I really like them!
Old 2012-01-16, 18:32   Link #24046
Appel

i kinda agree, the torso does look just a tiny bit too wide. but i can overlook that and i do like everything else about it^^
Old 2012-01-16, 23:06   Link #24047
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Kind of gives me the feeling that the people behind the AGE series is trying to remind its views of the 00 series as well as others..

>_>

Are they trying to like burn in like subliminal messages to the younger kids...? So like if they go to the store and see the MG 00 Raiser...They're reminded of the Double Bullet...and get the 00 Raiser...? ROFL ROFL
Old 2012-01-17, 07:25   Link #24048
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I think I'm inclined to agree for the most part expect I've only just noticed the legs on the Double Bullet and I gotta say I really like them!
Aren't the legs the same as on age 2 normal, only with red feet? At least, comparing it with that pic of the big size kit, I see no other difference. Still, not the worst legs I've ever seen on a gundam...
Old 2012-01-17, 07:55   Link #24049
Akyra

Just a quick question guys...anyone here own a MG Strike Freedom (FBM) and have the problem of a loose wing? The wings are suppose to open up when you twist it, but I must have destroyed one of the joining mechanisms inside the wing by accident.

Any fixes and restore "poseability"?
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 08:50   Link #24050
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Aren't the legs the same as on age 2 normal, only with red feet? At least, comparing it with that pic of the big size kit, I see no other difference. Still, not the worst legs I've ever seen on a gundam...
Actually, the DB's are fatter.

Really hoping for a melee variant with a sword The DB is kinda disappointing, to be honest. Of course, we've yet to see it in action, but appearance-wise, it's not very spectacular.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 09:54   Link #24051
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra View Post
Just a quick question guys...anyone here own a MG Strike Freedom (FBM) and have the problem of a loose wing? The wings are suppose to open up when you twist it, but I must have destroyed one of the joining mechanisms inside the wing by accident.

Any fixes and restore "poseability"?
I only have the regular version of MG Strike Freedom (not FBM), but they’re supposed to be the same kit, right? As for my MG Strike Freedom, the wings are totally fine. They aren’t flimsy and only the small yellow details that like to come off. All the mechanism works smoothly and I don’t have to ‘force’ anything to make it work.

As for how to repair the broken inner joints: if you still have all the inner broken parts (nothing’s missing), I suggest you to undo the wing and superglue every single one of those broken inner parts first. Then, assemble it again. It works with my broken MG God Gundam arm.
Old 2012-01-17, 10:14   Link #24052
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Actually, the DB's are fatter.

Really hoping for a melee variant with a sword The DB is kinda disappointing, to be honest. Of course, we've yet to see it in action, but appearance-wise, it's not very spectacular.
Yeah, a melee version would be nice. Hopefully they won't go the "I know, lets strap swords to it's shoulders now and make it's feet yellow" route, which would be dissapointing
Old 2012-01-17, 10:38   Link #24053
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Kind of gives me the feeling that the people behind the AGE series is trying to remind its views of the 00 series as well as others..

>_>

Are they trying to like burn in like subliminal messages to the younger kids...? So like if they go to the store and see the MG 00 Raiser...They're reminded of the Double Bullet...and get the 00 Raiser...? ROFL ROFL
i dont think so. they probably just put in a lot of elements of older gundam shows because they know that they work and the older audience will recognize them :P
Old 2012-01-17, 11:13   Link #24054
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i dont think so. they probably just put in a lot of elements of older gundam shows because they know that they work and the older audience will recognize them :P
That was my point about the subliminal messaging.

>_>

They don't blatantly say they designed it based off of past Gundam series' mobile suits, but they do, and as we watch the episodes of the AGE series, we feel a sense of nostalgia for some weird reason..
Old 2012-01-17, 11:14   Link #24055
suiton629
Master Grade Master

If you guys had to choose, which "modern" Gundam series is the best?

Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny --> I lump this into 1 since it's basically a series 1 and series 2 type of thing
Gundam 00
Gundam Unicorn
Gundam AGE

^ Rate those from best to worst.

Then~

Rate which series had the best MG kits from best to worst. For AGE, just base this off of pictures we have thus far.
Old 2012-01-17, 12:17   Link #24056
Appel

Quote:
If you guys had to choose, which "modern" Gundam series is the best?

Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny --> I lump this into 1 since it's basically a series 1 and series 2 type of thing
Gundam 00
Gundam Unicorn
Gundam AGE

^ Rate those from best to worst.

Then~

Rate which series had the best MG kits from best to worst. For AGE, just base this off of pictures we have thus far.
i dont think its fair to rate half of them already^^ unicorn still has 2 episodes to go and AGE is not even through its first generation (and doesnt even have a MG release yet!). they both still have a lot of potential to be either really amazing or god awful! XD
but solely based on what we have seen so far i would say:

unicorn
OO

unicorn is just amazing so far in my opinion. the production value is better than a regular show because they can put more time into each episode but the story is great as well like most other universal century stories.

OO was awesome during its first season, season two was "just good" and the movie kinda sucked.

i really dig AGE so far! some things are a little silly but the latest episode was simply awesome... i like the three generations thing they have going on because that basically means that we will get an amazing climax for the end of every generation instead of just one regular climax at the end like other shows do it XD

and SEED... well, the only thing i really like about that are the gundam designs. the story sucks, the characters suck and kira is too perfect as a hero in SEED destiny. id say SEED was ok but destiny was horrible, putting them at the last place together when i combine them :P

about the MG releases:
i cant judge AGE with that yet. its just impossible! you cant judge a model only by its looks. the AGE MGs do look awesome (especially the AGE-1s frame) but its simply too soon to say anything else about them.

judging the other kits is hard for me as well. because all MGs from unicorn, SEED and OO that i own were awesome in their own right :P some have more flaws, some have less flaws but overall im super happy to have built all of them!
but the two that stood out the most for me from these three shows are the OO raiser and the sinanju. both of them have extremely minor flaws and are simply amazing models!
honorable mentions go to the delta plus for looking AMAZING (seriously, it looks just like it does int he OVA) and the FA unicorn for being friggin' enormous :P
Old 2012-01-17, 12:21   Link #24057
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I started off liking the AGE series, but I'm slowly losing interest little by little.

Is it just me or is that the same for others as well? o_O

Before, I was really excited about each new episode, and I got super excited to see the prototype and images of the AGE-1 Normal, Titus, and Sparrow. But now...not so much.

I guess I'm just too fed up and focused on waiting for that MG Exia R2 from Bandai that I'm losing interest. Plus, I like how the 00 story is very pertinent to modern day civilization. It deals with a lot of serious issues, and that whole ELS thing is very interesting.

I mean seriously, what if some sort of alien civilization did invade our planet. Would the nations around the world unify to go against such invasion or are we just destined to kill each other off while the aliens invade?
Old 2012-01-17, 14:38   Link #24058
Appel

Quote:
I started off liking the AGE series, but I'm slowly losing interest little by little.

Is it just me or is that the same for others as well? o_O

Before, I was really excited about each new episode, and I got super excited to see the prototype and images of the AGE-1 Normal, Titus, and Sparrow. But now...not so much.

I guess I'm just too fed up and focused on waiting for that MG Exia R2 from Bandai that I'm losing interest. Plus, I like how the 00 story is very pertinent to modern day civilization. It deals with a lot of serious issues, and that whole ELS thing is very interesting.

I mean seriously, what if some sort of alien civilization did invade our planet. Would the nations around the world unify to go against such invasion or are we just destined to kill each other off while the aliens invade?
its not really their fault if only one of their gundam franchises tickles your fancy^^
i do like almost all ACs but you are right, the AD line from OO was pretty awesome. the way they portraied the whole conflict and the alien "invasion" were told in a pretty cool way.

i also got my 0.05mm copic multiliner today! its a really great lining marker^^
Old 2012-01-17, 14:51   Link #24059
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
its not really their fault if only one of their gundam franchises tickles your fancy^^
i do like almost all ACs but you are right, the AD line from OO was pretty awesome. the way they portraied the whole conflict and the alien "invasion" were told in a pretty cool way.

i also got my 0.05mm copic multiliner today! its a really great lining marker^^
Well yea. The 00's story is just too good. So much so that I want to buy all the DVD's/BluRay's and the manga from it. And I never bought any before. I've always streamed the episodes from like Hulu and other legitimate streaming websites.

They just need to get us the MG Exia R2 and I think it'd be perfect.

Oh and is that really good for panel lining? I always just painted with Tamiya acrylic paints with a brush, and used the Gundam Panel Lining Marker along with the Gundam Marker eraser, tissues, q-tips, and a regular rubber pencil eraser for panel lining stuff.
Old 2012-01-17, 15:12   Link #24060
Appel

Quote:

Oh and is that really good for panel lining? I always just painted with Tamiya acrylic paints with a brush, and used the Gundam Panel Lining Marker along with the Gundam Marker eraser, tissues, q-tips, and a regular rubber pencil eraser for panel lining stuff.
yeah, i think it works pretty nicely :P the lines are good and you can erase it easily just like any other permanent marker.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy