AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 95 61.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 20.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 11.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-17, 23:29   Link #61
ayako
a shounen manga

Send a message via AIM to ayako
Hopefully no one is gonna rip this to shreds or something. Need a crying smiley. I guess this is close enough.

Noe isn't exactly a favorite of mine, but I don't have anything against her. She actually gained some points with me during this episode. I thought I'd write more about her in this, but it turns out most of it is about Aiko.

Spoiler for Kind of long, so I decided to cut it; crossposted in my journal:

Not that it's of any significance, but was I the only one who thought about ripping off the fluffy parts on the gloves to make the two marks for "da"? XD I really just thought of pebbles as opposed to hand sized rocks, heh. Man, I'd be a bad Shinichiro.

Edit: Oh yeah, did anyone get any Kanon vibes in the preview? Kind of the opposite of the place, but...where it doesn't snow... o_o

Last edited by ayako; 2008-02-18 at 00:08.
Old 2008-02-17, 23:31   Link #62
Zanshun

Great episode as always, but this episode now leaves me VERY conflicted. I've always liked Hiromi's character design and have been supporting her, as she was opening up to Shin I was supporting it more and more. Now it looks like she is going to return to detachment mode, and even worse now she is gonna spend that detached time with Jun as shown by the next episode preview of her on his bike, she is starting to lose steam. Noe on the other hand has continued to be on the rise with each episode.

Spoiler for Noe and Shin:

I think I'm gonna have to drop my unilateral support of just Hiromi. Maybe like Shin I only had my eyes set on Hiromi and didn't clearly see my hopes for Noe rising. I still think Hiromi is still the favorite to win cause of history but this episode for me has opened up the possibility for Noe. I think I am opening up to being happy if either Noe or Hiromi were to win. I just hope neither of them gets extremely hurt in the process.
Old 2008-02-17, 23:32   Link #63
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

@ Var:

Quote:
I'd have to disagree. Not everything revolves around those two characters in this story, and if it did I'd fear the story would really lack alot of its cliffhangings and drama. So if anything, Ai adds a good bit in her cliffhanger endings.
I can't see how I'm even supposed to care about Ai to begin with. All they've given us is the tired old childhood friend angle. So when the last 7 episodes have been 85% Hiromi and Noe, obviously I'm going to look at her as something that was tossed in rather then something that actually fits into the real meat of the plot. The rest of your are happily accepting it / tolerating it, but I just can't really it's been done to death already.

Quote:
There is also no 'magically' each has been built on with good reason. Hiromi's is from all their time together,
That I can accept.

Quote:
Noe's we saw bud
Fine with that too.

Quote:
and Ai we've seen has been around since they were young.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZ

Quote:
There is no magic.
Pfft, magic's in the air.

Quote:
You seem to simply dismiss her due to not liking her character, which is a subjective view and one that should not be expressed as if it were factual. Look at it objectively and you'll see that she has just as much importance as any of the other characters. For once its not a show where every girl is shy/tsundere around the male, we have some dynamic elements and changes/evolutions in characters (see Noe and Aiko).
Really now, you actually like Ai? Cold blooded, selfish little thing like her? She's supposedly liked Shin for how long now, but instead of coming out and telling him she decided to go out with his friend for lord knows how long instead, and now his friend's going to get stabbed in the heart for it? That's just wrong, of course I hate her, but her entire presence still doesn't click with me in the story. Things keep shooting back and forth between Noe and Hiromi so much that when they show up to Ai's store my eyes roll back in anticipation.

She's a third wheel, and I think the story would be far, far, better off without her there. I hope they brush her off to the side and keep there ASAP.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-02-17, 23:58   Link #64
Satomi87
Banned

Aiko give Shin the first kiss. I felt sorry for both Noe and Hiromi that Aiko is leading the current race.
Old 2008-02-17, 23:58   Link #65
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
I was thinking the EXACT same thing after watching this episode.

Spoiler for episode 7:

Great episode though. I like how every episode leaves you hanging. I'm always stuck here after I'm finished watch like "damnnnnn I wan't to see what happens next."

And about Ai-chan not being important. I half agree with you because I don't think she has a chance with Shin. If she was just a random third girl thrown into the mix then I probably would be a little annoyed. But I think the fact that Shin's best friend loves her adds a different dimension other then a plain old "Ok we just need a third girl to like Shin." So since the situation with her and Shin is slightly different then the other two girls, I don't mind it at all.

Ai ending with shin would be a "canvas2' ending, even more shocking than canvas2 because even though many people missed the hints during the show (some people got them), still the hints were there. We so far have not seen a single hint about Shin liking Aiko that way, with the exeption that Aiko is Shin confident and one of the three people that know first hand that Shin loves Hiromi.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:06   Link #66
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I can't see how I'm even supposed to care about Ai to begin with. All they've given us is the tired old childhood friend angle. So when the last 7 episodes have been 85% Hiromi and Noe, obviously I'm going to look at her as something that was tossed in rather then something that actually fits into the real meat of the plot. The rest of your are happily accepting it / tolerating it, but I just can't really it's been done to death already.
Its been way more than 15%, but I'll give you that it was less than the others, fitting with what her last line this episode was. Her role has been building up slowly over the last couple episodes, so while it may seem sudden to some, to others it was coming like a brick to their face.

Quote:
Really now, you actually like Ai? Cold blooded, selfish little thing like her? She's supposedly liked Shin for how long now, but instead of coming out and telling him she decided to go out with his friend for lord knows how long instead, and now his friend's going to get stabbed in the heart for it? That's just wrong, of course I hate her, but her entire presence still doesn't click with me in the story. Things keep shooting back and forth between Noe and Hiromi so much that when they show up to Ai's store my eyes roll back in anticipation.
Its funny that your opinion of her is the opposite of mine. I'd say she's too kind (to Nobuse and everyone else around Shin) and to giving (to Nobuse and Shin). And it's been talked about before why she 'agreed' to go out with Nobuse, so I can't hold that against her either. And Nobuse needed a wake up call, he's too obsessive over Ai and her facial expressions really don't shout "I'M HAPPY!", she looks more depressed tbh.

Quote:
She's a third wheel, and I think the story would be far, far, better off without her there. I hope they brush her off to the side and keep there ASAP.
Different opinions, nothing can really change that.

@Ayako:

Spoiler for Zomg spoilers!:
Old 2008-02-18, 00:06   Link #67
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Couldn't agree with you more! Shin is really lucky to have such friend. My respect for Nobuse's character has gone up a few notch after this episode.
I know nobuse is a nice guy, it is just his personality that bugs me. Calling Aiko inept is not a good way to show your feelings for her, or was he just trying to cover up what he already knew! Set her free, and if Shin doesn't work, then get her on the rebound. Even with the line, "you are the only one for me", Aiko still went after Shin. Nobuse feelings are not reaching her.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:11   Link #68
ApostleOfGod
^.^

This is great. Simply great.

Ai has the least screentime among the three competing girls (Noe, Hiromi, Ai), and yet, she always pulls off the toughest and most powerful moves on Shin'chiro. She always gets that opportunity too, such as telling him not to open the store, or him and her alone in a snowy evening in the store.

Noe just realized her feelings. She made him write it down!! Haha. If he really liked her, I'm not sure if he wouldn't be afraid to go that far. Either that, or he just doesn't care much. Noe's going to cry in the end, and that's going to be the True Tears that she waited for. P.S. You gotta love the realistic Antagonistic personality which Jun possesses, but ultimately it's just for his sister (I think he's in it for himself a little though).

Hiromi is definitely the less straightforward, and even quiet if you would. Her situation is different from the other girls, and she obviously has the upper hand advantage. But people like Shin'chiro don't get hints very easily do they .
I liked how Noe and Hiromi had their little showdown, it showed a little bit of what they were made of and just how much they were willing to fight for their dream boy .

Something still leaves me hanging in this episode. Just when Shin'chiro is chasing the embarassed Noe, Hiromi sees and just turns away like a "sister" would do. Add a face and some movement, and you can have a disapproving face. But I guess Hiromi simply suppresses all of her feelings and everything due to her situation. I wonder, how long it's all going to last though. The moment Hiromi confesses or Shin finds out, he's probably going in for the kill (now that we know Shin knows Noe likes him, and if he still doesn't realize that Ai doesn't look at Miyukichi but him, then enough said...).

All in all, 10/10. Splendid. Best of the season. No doubt.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:15   Link #69
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Good episode all around. I really like that BGM.

One thing, why do so many people think this destroyed Ai's chance? If anything I think it gave her an actual chance. If she never acts then nothing can happen. I am still rooting for her.

Nobuse... my opinion of him plummeted when he avoided Ai confesion, then went back up a good bit when he later talked with Shin. Though, I still think he is too obsessive with Ai. He's too young to say that she's the only one for him... which bugs me.

10/10
well, all is about them being young, naive and in love! I know that Nobuse loves Aiko, but it is his personality that is a turn off. He is too much of a clown. Just look the type of guy that Aiko likes, serious and solemn guy like Shinichiro. She likes the "Good boy" type not the "nice guy" type like Nobuse.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:20   Link #70
diopter

You know, every episode I think the same thing: "There is just no way True Tears can crank out another great episode." Yet, I get proven wrong each week. The studio does a great job of ending each episode such that the viewers pull out their hair (if they still have any by episode 7) in anticipation for the next one.

In terms of this episode, love the Moe Noe (I'm going to trademark that one) scenes where she blushes. Not much else to say that people haven't already said. This is by far the best series I've seen in a long time in terms of plot twists and overall storyline.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:32   Link #71
DanielSong39

True Tears has been consistently good but I can't shake this feeling of dread - to put it simply, a Hiromi ending would ruin the show for me. Noe to me looks like the more compelling character and Shin's confession was a refreshing (and more realistic) view at romance.

Hiromi to me is the more conventional stock character who is dime a dozen. Live action Asian dramas are filled with Hiromi's, and I really don't need another one.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2008-02-18 at 01:21.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:34   Link #72
Master Chibi

@ Var:

Quote:
Its been way more than 15%, but I'll give you that it was less than the others, fitting with what her last line this episode was. Her role has been building up slowly over the last couple episodes, so while it may seem sudden to some, to others it was coming like a brick to their face.
See, you say 'her role' vs 'her character' or 'her place in the story'. I still don't think she fits.

Quote:
Its funny that your opinion of her is the opposite of mine. I'd say she's too kind (to Nobuse and everyone else around Shin) and too giving (to Nobuse and Shin). And it's been talked about before why she 'agreed' to go out with Nobuse, so I can't hold that against her either. And Nobuse needed a wake up call, he's too obsessive over Ai and her facial expressions really don't shout "I'M HAPPY!", she looks more depressed tbh.
Wait, so instead of simply leading Nobuse on she's suddenly doing this out of kindness, and to give the guy a wake up call? I can't see how he's been obsessive at all, he honestly loves the girl, things like taking her shopping or having a sweater knitted for him are per usual for going out in this situation, aren't they? I didn't exactly see him plaster photos of her all over his room or erect some awful shrine in his closet with strands of her fallen hair.

It's fair to say that he's caught on now, and doing his best to 'fix the situation', but before that he wasn't really given much of a sign that she was all against continuing the relationship. We can say she did, but we're sitting on the other side of the fourth wall, so that's a bit unfair, now isn't it?

@ Daniel:

Quote:
True Tears has been consistently good but I can't shake this feeling of dread - to put it simply, a Hiromi ending would ruin the show for me. Noe to me looks like the more compelling character and Shin's confession was a refreshing (and more realistic) view at romance.

Hiromi to me is the more conventional stock character who is dime a dozen. Live action Asian dramas are filled with Hiromi's, and I really don't nead another one.
Agreed.

Though I also feel like she's going to snap and butcher someone in the end for some reason.

Old 2008-02-18, 00:44   Link #73
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Aiko's chances of getting with Shin seem abysmal. But oh well, at least she stole his first kiss and that is something that we Aiko fans can hold onto forever. Muhahahaha....haha...heh....*weeps uncontrollably*

I am getting a little angry here. If Shin ends up with Noe or Hiromi, sadness for me. But if he ends up with Aiko, I'll have to deal with constant "OMGWTFCANVAS2ENDING!" spewing out of everyone's mouths. Either way, I lose...hard. I wish I was a Noe fan, but as of now I'm f****d.

Hiromi - Unimportant in this episode.

Noe - Cuteness factor has risen several thousand levels. Oddly enough, even after the fantastic stone scene, I still put her chances far below Hiromi's (much to my great dismay).

Jun - Whatever.

Shinichiro - Almost everything this guy says and does screams "idiot". Thank Shiva for the scene with Noe or I would have wanted to bash his skull in.

Nobuse - Despite the incredibly unwarranted amount of hate he is getting in this thread, episode 7 proved to me that Nobuse should have been the main character. Shame on anyone who tries to fault him after what he did here. Not having to listen to Aiko's painful confirmation of something he already knows is a right he has earned after spending months (years?) in a worthless, empty shell of a relationship. After more or less stepping aside and "giving his blessing", Nobuse has become one of my favorite characters of this genre. I posted in the Nobuse character discussion thread that he gives off the vibe of a "true friend". Well this episode proved that to me. Part of me wants Aiko to lose so that she can go back to the better guy.
Old 2008-02-18, 00:46   Link #74
Master Chibi

A-freaking-men!

Wow, I actually agree with someone.

Old 2008-02-18, 01:00   Link #75
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Wait, so instead of simply leading Nobuse on she's suddenly doing this out of kindness, and to give the guy a wake up call? I can't see how he's been obsessive at all, he honestly loves the girl, things like taking her shopping or having a sweater knitted for him are per usual for going out in this situation, aren't they? I didn't exactly see him plaster photos of her all over his room or erect some awful shrine in his closet with strands of her fallen hair.

It's fair to say that he's caught on now, and doing his best to 'fix the situation', but before that he wasn't really given much of a sign that she was all against continuing the relationship. We can say she did, but we're sitting on the other side of the fourth wall, so that's a bit unfair, now isn't it?
I was not refering to her being kind when she more or less dumped him, but all the times before when she didn't even though she had no feelings for him. She didn't want to break his heart, aka kindness.

And yes, Nobuse loves the girl, and Ai sees that which is why she didn't dump him before, again kindness, but, honestly, she just snapped.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:00   Link #76
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Nobuse - Despite the incredibly unwarranted amount of hate he is getting in this thread, episode 7 proved to me that Nobuse should have been the main character. Shame on anyone who tries to fault him after what he did here. Not having to listen to Aiko's painful confirmation of something he already knows is a right he has earned after spending months (years?) in a worthless, empty shell of a relationship. After more or less stepping aside and "giving his blessing", Nobuse has become one of my favorite characters of this genre. I posted in the Nobuse character discussion thread that he gives off the vibe of a "true friend". Well this episode proved that to me. Part of me wants Aiko to lose so that she can go back to the better guy.
Does that include his guilt trip attack on Ai? He also attempted it on Shin, but luckily the dumb harem guy attribute jumped in at that moment.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:02   Link #77
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Does that include his guilt trip attack on Ai? He also attempted it on Shin, but luckily the dumb harem guy attribute jumped in at that moment.
Agreed, while he may be 'a good friend', he's also quite selfish. I don't think calling him the better guy is fair, since he's been shown to have his own negative sides. They are simply two different male characters.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:04   Link #78
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Hear hear! I'll bet my 2 cups of daily Starbucks, Grande-regular, that Nobuse gets Ai in the end. If that particular isn't hinted by the end of the show then we shall exchange PM to get your mail address so I may send you two cups of hot joe, Starbucks style. The irony is that all the choice words (adjectives) that are used to describe Nobuse can also be used for Ai considering they are both in the same predicament: the romantic feelings they maintain are very one sided, but they refuse to give up any time soon.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:06   Link #79
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Agreed, while he may be 'a good friend', he's also quite selfish. I don't think calling him the better guy is fair, since he's been shown to have his own negative sides. They are simply two different male characters.
Opps I realised how negative I sounded there. I also agree with the more positive PoV of Nobu's actions.
Old 2008-02-18, 01:11   Link #80
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Shin? He said something along the lines of "It's fine if it's you..." meaning he was conceding Aiko to Shin.

As for Aiko, when looking at what he (almost) said to Shin, to me it seemed more like a "I'll always love you even if you don't love me." I suppose it could have been a guilt trip though. From his expression and body language it does sort of seem that way. I guess we'll have to see his future reactions in later episodes to find out.
Closed Thread