AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 19:16   Link #7281
ectoCatnip

Very small error, but a period is missing.
Spoiler for EP 8:
ectoCatnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:28   Link #7282
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtheMilkEater View Post
I'm on a Mac. I downloaded the patch and tried to install from my DVD copy. It seems alright at first, but when I try to open the game, a window pops up saying that the application quit unexpectedly. Clicking on "Relaunch" just causes another identical window to pop up. It won't open at all.

I tried to reinstall the game three times, redownloaded the patch, and tried to install it again, but I get the same result each time.
I'm having the same issue on my Macbook. Install seems to go fine, but I am unable to open the game. I am updating an existing install, if that makes a difference. I'm not sure what other poster who reported this issue did (updated an existing install or ran a new install), but I am going to try and uninstall Umineko completely then run the patch from scratch to see if it works then.

Oh, and congratulations on finishing Umineko, Witch-Hunt!!
Old 2011-12-17, 19:29   Link #7283
myopius

You guys are awesome. I can say without a shred of irony that I know I'm going to really miss waiting on the Witch Hunt's translations.

At last, for the English readers, the world of Umineko comes to a close.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:32   Link #7284
LtheMilkEater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeriven View Post
I'm having the same issue on my Macbook. Install seems to go fine, but I am unable to open the game. I am updating an existing install, if that makes a difference. I'm not sure what other poster who reported this issue did (updated an existing install or ran a new install), but I am going to try and uninstall Umineko completely then run the patch from scratch to see if it works then.

Oh, and congratulations on finishing Umineko, Witch-Hunt!!
I completely deleted Umineko from my computer and then tried installing from scratch.
LtheMilkEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:50   Link #7285
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
I completely deleted Umineko from my computer and then tried installing from scratch.
Yep, that's what I just tried...Same result as before. Should've waited until I finished my re-read of Episode 7 before I went and broke my install.
Old 2011-12-17, 20:00   Link #7286
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeriven View Post
After it crashes, can you open Console.app (it's in /Applications/Utilities) and see if you can find a crash report for it? (It will probably be under the "CrashReporter" section, either labeled ONScripter or Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Chiru), copy the whole thing, and e-mail it to roto at roto1.net?
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:13   Link #7287
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post
After it crashes, can you open Console.app (it's in /Applications/Utilities) and see if you can find a crash report for it? (It will probably be under the "CrashReporter" section, either labeled ONScripter or Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Chiru), copy the whole thing, and e-mail it to roto at roto1.net?
Got it, I'll be emailing it to you in just a few minutes.
Old 2011-12-17, 20:33   Link #7288
Roto

Okay, it looks like it's broken for people who are still running Mac OS X 10.5, but are using 64-bit computers. I'll try to get that fixed in the next update release, but for now, since I'm sure you're anxious to read, the following workaround will hopefully get you up and running:

Edit: Select the program (Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru), then go to File->Get Info, and check "Run in 32-bit mode."

Let me know if that works, and sorry about that!
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:35   Link #7289
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Thanks for the output file, ChanceWolf.

It seems to be failing at a "bgm" call. Does it stop playing the current music (if any), then start playing another track, and if so is the music stuttering while it's locked up?

...You may want to try restarting your machine and see if that (sort of) solves the issue, but knowing more about what stage the lockup occurs at will help.

Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:42   Link #7290
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Okay, it looks like it's broken for people who are still running Mac OS X 10.5, but are using 64-bit computers. I'll try to get that fixed in the next update release, but for now, since I'm sure you're anxious to read, the following workaround will hopefully get you up and running:

Edit: Select the program (Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru), then go to File->Get Info, and check "Run in 32-bit mode."

That worked! It reset my game to initial install settings, but at least I can run the thing!

Also, I opened the game before I saw your edit, and it still worked even without checking that box, but I went back and enabled it anyway.

Thanks so much! And no worries; I keep putting off picking up the new OS X versions so that's my own fault.
Old 2011-12-17, 20:54   Link #7291
xBTAx

Oh wow. Thank guys so much for all your hard work!

Now, I just have to go back and see all the medal scenes, since I've been putting that off, and then I can read...
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:57   Link #7292
thelinx

Made an AUR package for Umineko Chiru, for any Arch Linux people out there.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55063
thelinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 20:59   Link #7293
ndqanh_vn

Thank you, witch hunt. You're the most efficient translating group I have ever seen. Thank you for your love for Umineko. I'm sure Ryukishi himself also feel very happy with your work.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:06   Link #7294
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelinx View Post
Made an AUR package for Umineko Chiru, for any Arch Linux people out there.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55063
Hi thelinx,

This Umineko release is using a newer version of onscripter-en (20111217) that hasn't actually been released just yet, though it is tagged in the repository... is there a way to adjust the AUR dependency for that?

Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:24   Link #7295
LtheMilkEater

Quote:

Running it in 32-bit mode got it to work, but when I tried to access the chapter select for patch 1, I got this message:

Spoiler for Screenshot:
LtheMilkEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:47   Link #7296
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Running it in 32-bit mode got it to work, but when I tried to access the chapter select for patch 1, I got this message:

Spoiler for Screenshot:
Hm, you mean the option to skip to the second half of Episode 8? I'm finishing up a replay of Episode 7 and planned on replaying Episode 8 from the beginning, so when I unlocked Episode 8 from the title screen and it asked me about where I wanted to start Episode 8 from, I selected to start it from the beginning rather than the start of the new patch. Also, I replaced my OnScripter in the contents folder before Roto edited his post. Don't know if that has anything to do with it...
Old 2011-12-17, 22:03   Link #7297
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Send a message via MSN to Shirozaki
This patch makes me so incredibly happy and sad at the same time.

Well, all good things must come to an end. Good job, and thank you for all your hard work.

AuraTwilight:
Congrats, you're a theatergoing witch.

You asshole.
Shirozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 22:24   Link #7298
Sajomir

Anything productive I was going to be doing tonight is now shot!

Thank you again for your work! *runs off giggling like a schoolgirl*
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 22:27   Link #7299
ChanceWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Thanks for the output file, ChanceWolf.

It seems to be failing at a "bgm" call. Does it stop playing the current music (if any), then start playing another track, and if so is the music stuttering while it's locked up?

...You may want to try restarting your machine and see if that (sort of) solves the issue, but knowing more about what stage the lockup occurs at will help.

Uncle Mion
I already restarted my machine multiple times.
At the moment the game freezes there is no BGM, so it's also not stutteing, and I also can't do anything else (like pressing "F" for fullscreen). But right before it freezes there is a BGM.
Sometimes it takes 10 minutes until I can close Umineko after it freezes x:
ChanceWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 22:34   Link #7300
xBTAx

So I encountered an odd bug. I'm guessing this is kinda what the mentioned bug is, except this one is happening right before Shannon's puzzle in the first half of the game.

Spoiler:
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation