Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-16, 20:11   Link #21
Frontier

Glad to hear it .
Old 2024-04-03, 19:38   Link #22
grecefar

Spoiler for chapter:

just see that first chapter was leaked, I added my comment in spoiler.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-03, 20:05   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

This was on my maybes but after watching the leaked first episode I'm definitely picking it up, first episode was more interesting than I expected.
Old 2024-04-09, 10:34   Link #24
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2024-04-09, 17:04   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was really good. The fact it's fantasy and not isekai is a big plus in the first place, but the characters were also great and there are a lot of mysteries to unveil. Oscar is a Gigachad, conquering the tower with ease all by himself and immediately asking the right questions: there was a perfectly fine young lady (note: actually hundreds of years old) in front of him, might as well ask if she could be one of the very few women on the continent who can bear his child. The answer is yes, so he immediately asks her to marry him! And when she adamantly refuses, he makes his wish for her to stay with him one year so he can attempt to win her over.

The quote at the beginning strongly implies there will be a time traveling element to the story. I think it's going to be a lot more interesting than one might expect.
Old 2024-04-09, 21:51   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wanted the Prince to kick that guy with him off the tower! Either provide some useful options or shut up! 15 years of no results doesn't leave the Prince with many options. Of course he's going to take some risky ones. My goodness if he was whining the whole ride out there...I'd consider dropping him in a ditch! My full thanks go to the tower for dropping that guy before I lost my mind!

Honestly this Prince is one I can get behind. Great attitude in all honesty. And I kind of love that both he and his ancestor both totally were into this girl . While one may have given up on it and moved on, I definitely don't see Oscar giving up on this. There's good banter between the two of them.

In a lot of ways I'm for it. Tinasha for all this time has chilled out in that tower and hardly has had anyone to interact with. Left to her own devices she'd probably spend her whole lifespan (as large as it is) just with her and her familiar. Having the chance to fall in love isn't a bad thing.

That Witch of Silence is a piece of work. A curse wouldn't have been strong enough, magic would have been easier to dispel, so she twisted a freaking blessing into a weapon. A pretty horrifying one. One that would kill the woman bearing the child from inside and obviously the child would die too since it'd be insanely early in the pregnancy. Definitely think it's worthwhile to press Oscar's father for answers since he definitely knows why this happened. Not that I'm holding back on blaming the witch. Whatever her reasons she also cursed an innocent child. That's unacceptable !

I like this one. These two should be fun to follow and maybe we'll get some answers about what is going on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The quote at the beginning strongly implies there will be a time traveling element to the story. I think it's going to be a lot more interesting than one might expect.
The quote is interesting. I wonder if the option of going back in time to prevent the curse will be presented as an option? That would align with everything being able to be overwritten. Though I can't imagine Oscar would care that much for it. If he can be with Tinasha why even bother changing the past? I guess it would depend if the "blessing" would be forced onto the next generation as well and thus forcing them to also need spouses with magical resistances. Regardless I'm sure that quote will make sense in time.
Old 2024-04-10, 01:02   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

Interesting start, I like the pair's interaction.
Old 2024-04-10, 02:40   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for first impression:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-11, 05:52   Link #29
Random14

Hm, not too bad a start, here's hoping, I would like to enjoy a fantasy series with no reincarnation or stat screens (though that says more about current anime rather than this one's possible quality). Too bad Tinasha is too nice to rid the series of Oscar's follower. Well, guess he serves as someone for Oscar to talk to but does he have to be so annoying?

Not sure how I feel about Oscar so far. He's a bit of a jerk but at least he's somewhat sharp, I'm tired of oblivious morons. Curious to see how they'll interact, hopefully Oscar will work on his romance skills. And Tinasha isn't a complete stranger to the royal family either, she sounds somewhat familiar with their politics already.

Last edited by Random14; 2024-04-11 at 06:04.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 10:32   Link #30
Frontier

Tinasha takes her duties as Oscar's protector seriously to the point of buffing him with magic shielding, though the one thing Oscar really wants is her hand in marriage...and I can't blame him! Especially when she looks amazing in that apprentice mage outfit .

Of course Tinasha isn't just a powerful mage, she's also a capable swordswoman as well, even managing to hold her own against a skilled General like Als...and get the jealousy of a female knight named Meredina who she basically showed up. Though Meredina should be happy she can pinch a general's cheek and get away with it .

Something's acting up in Durza and Tinasha is ready to go look at it while debuting and looking stunning in her black dress outfit, but Oscar isn't about to let her go off without him. She may have gotten used to a life of solitude, especially after her time with Regius where everyone she grew close to from that life ended up leaving her after they passed on, but Oscar won't let her go .

Nothing solidifies a female friendship like a pet dragon! Sylvia seems really cute .

So what is up with this Valt guy and his white-haired companion? Seemed like they were deliberately trying to draw out Tinasha. And they know she's looking for someone? And what did they need with the crystal from the wolf ?

I guess not everyone from Tinasha's past has past away because a child Durzan mage grew up to become a sinister and creepy mage voiced by Yutaka Aoyama who wants to avenge the master Tinasha beheaded by releasing the Demonic Beast they tried to unleash on Farsas...though Tinasha is happy to behead him like she did his master .

Well, Tinasha's cover lasted all of 3/4 of an episode, though while Slyvia still seems to want to be friends with her, Tinasha seems to be deliberately cutting herself off from people because of her Witch status. Though Oscar will probably never give up on marrying her !

Tinasha makes short work of the Durza mages and even frees the wolf herself so she can finally finish the job she started 70 years ago, and manages to defeat the beast with her incredible magic. Sure she got chomped on in the process, but it was still a spectacular show .

What a way to find out Tinasha's aged herself up to help heal her wounds than by catching her naked in bed .
Old 2024-04-16, 17:57   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was shocked her cover was blown this quickly. It didn't really have any impact as a result since she wasn't really introduced to anyone.

She's also barely left her towers that there are people after her. Words really travel fast. I like how utterly merciless she was dealing with those mages.

Not sure how aging herself up is supposed to heal her organs, but if she gets bigger boobs, I'm all for it!
Old 2024-04-16, 20:47   Link #32
grecefar

I’m not fan of clingy prince so I hope he let her be a little more since she is OP and can take care of herself but I guess it should be the medieval thinking.

There is more in the farsas family that just the curse and all potential heirs from branch families disappear around the time the curse was put.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 22:16   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn, Tinasha is a badass . Just slaughtered those scumbags and then took on the beast in an epic 1v1. Did take a good hit to deliver her finisher, but she got out of it in one piece. Kind of wild that she can perform emergency recovery like that by aging herself up. Though I suppose that's not a trick she can use all that often.

I both like Oscar being persistent to a point, but not too persistent. It's important to walk that fine line of expressing that Tinasha doesn't have to do everything by herself and that there is a desire to walk alongside her. But it's also important to let her do the things that are best done by herself. That honestly kind of played out here since their apprentice lie was exposed almost immediately and a few of the troops could have gotten seriously injured.

Definitely a pretty serious conspiracy involved here. All of the possible heirs disappearing around the same time as the curse? No telling which one happened first, but certainly both are related events.

Anyways, I do love that Tinasha is both a badass with the sword and with her magic. Makes sense since she's lived long enough to become proficient in various areas.
Quote:
I was shocked her cover was blown this quickly. It didn't really have any impact as a result since she wasn't really introduced to anyone.

She's also barely left her towers that there are people after her. Words really travel fast. I like how utterly merciless she was dealing with those mages.

Not sure how aging herself up is supposed to heal her organs, but if she gets bigger boobs, I'm all for it!
Kind of makes me think of a medical ninjutsu from Naruto. Concept is probably the same. Aging her body involves hyper-activating cell division. Regenerating lost tissue/organs with the side effect of aging herself up to a certain degree. Makes enough sense for me to say "yeah sure" .
Old 2024-04-16, 22:17   Link #34
Frontier

Quote:
She is voiced by the Slayer after all .
Quote:
I don't know what it says about me that my eyes immediately darted to her chest after the age-up. Then again, she was already stacked .

I guess at the very least she's probably closer in height to Oscar .
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I’m not fan of clingy prince so I hope he let her be a little more since she is OP and can take care of herself but I guess it should be the medieval thinking.

There is more in the farsas family that just the curse and all potential heirs from branch families disappear around the time the curse was put.
I think it's more that she's so used to being alone and doing everything by herself that she needs to learn to open up and rely on others, or let someone into her heart.
Old 2024-04-17, 08:31   Link #35
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just watched the first ep. Def a keeper for me =03. Animation design and fluidity are solid. The main chars shown have a very good chemistry with each other, even though it was their first time meeting each other. Reminded me of another anime for some reason(Nishi no Yoki Majo), but not sure why :thinking:...

Quote:
That was really good. The fact it's fantasy and not isekai is a big plus in the first place, but the characters were also great and there are a lot of mysteries to unveil. Oscar is a Gigachad, conquering the tower with ease all by himself and immediately asking the right questions: there was a perfectly fine young lady (note: actually hundreds of years old) in front of him, might as well ask if she could be one of the very few women on the continent who can bear his child. The answer is yes, so he immediately asks her to marry him! And when she adamantly refuses, he makes his wish for her to stay with him one year so he can attempt to win her over.
Yes, I love the chad energy. It's always nice to get a protagonist that has a mature mentality, not being flustered in the least(i.e. chad), especially when many of the shows that come out have younger/more childish protagonists or adults in comedy situations. Ticked all the right boxes with me =03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I wanted the Prince to kick that guy with him off the tower! Either provide some useful options or shut up! 15 years of no results doesn't leave the Prince with many options. Of course he's going to take some risky ones. My goodness if he was whining the whole ride out there...I'd consider dropping him in a ditch! My full thanks go to the tower for dropping that guy before I lost my mind!
I was thinking the same thing! Bruh didn't even provide any support. Made me question why he was even there, like 1 min into the story. When the floor started to crumble and Lazar got stuck, I thought for sure he was going to be saved, but when he fell, I was pretty surprised; impressed even. He just got yeeted unspectacularly, but Oscar didn't even mope, just accepted his death and moved on.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 15:02   Link #36
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I'm not sure how I feel about the second episode, things felt very... disjointed. It doesn't seem to be just me either, from what I'd seen on Discord the adaptation skipped some content.
Old 2024-04-17, 15:23   Link #37
Estzero1

It depends on what they want to do with the adaption. The source material only has 6 Volumes. Not sure how it will be handled.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 15:35   Link #38
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about the second episode, things felt very... disjointed. It doesn't seem to be just me either, from what I'd seen on Discord the adaptation skipped some content.
They did kind of skip a head a bit in the 1st volume.
Old 2024-04-18, 13:56   Link #39
scififan

I vaguely remembered the story from reading manga. It feels like the reference Rapunzel, where a prince enters the tower to meet his love. Then, someone's interpretation of anime story puzzled me. His interpretation on the prince was "my grandpop failed to xyz the witch. now it is my shot". To see if it was true, I started followed this anime. Fortunately, his interpretation was off tangent. The actual story is the prince is seeking counsel from the witch, about the curse cast by another witch. Then, he decides to make marriage proposal to this witch. They do not dislike each other. The witch declines since she feels that their relationship will not work. However, she still decide to live with him. The story is about fighting monsters and saving people from harm. Let's see how the relationship will work out.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-19, 10:19   Link #40
magnuskn

Oh, hey, this wasn't even on my watch-list, but it seems to be a good show. Picked up.