4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-08, 10:45   Link #121
Dream_Traveller
Banned

So, Darthfury, would you have preferred a random scenario in which Lelouch had all of the Ashforders on a freakin' SHIP with Tamaki as an errand boy? Oh, oh, or would you have preferred Jeremiah's sister being the leader of the new rebellion for no apparent reason?

Yeah. Shut up. There were never any plans for season three and four. End of.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:38   Link #122
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Uh, look, I'm telling you all right now, I saw the original scenarios that Taniguichi was playing around with, they didn't look much better, overall I'd say the direction of R2 seemed the stronger one from my own comparisons. BTW, the ending from the directors own words is up to our imagination, so in my imagination he did not kill Lelouch, so its all good I think
Amen. Also, could you share where you were able to look at the scenarios of the original R2? That'd be really awesome. ^^
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:45   Link #123
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

9/10 for me
Amazing series. I felt bonded with the characters more than I have in any other anime. The story kept me guessing. Everytime I thought I knew Lelouch's next movee (except in one case) I was wrong, and I would feel incredibly stupid -_-. Ending was incredible for me, I cried for the first time in years. That anime pulled and twisted with my heart and emotions. And I loved every second of it. Plus it had a buttload of fan service. C.C. ^_^
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 01:33   Link #124
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Send a message via MSN to XenophunK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
9/10 for me
Amazing series. I felt bonded with the characters more than I have in any other anime. The story kept me guessing. Everytime I thought I knew Lelouch's next movee (except in one case) I was wrong, and I would feel incredibly stupid -_-. Ending was incredible for me, I cried for the first time in years. That anime pulled and twisted with my heart and emotions. And I loved every second of it. Plus it had a buttload of fan service. C.C. ^_^
"Plus it had a buttload of fan service."

BEFORE YOU EVEN QUOTE THIS SHIZZNIT WITH A REBUTTAL: I'm not saying that Shadowcatch is rating it 9/10 for the sole reason of fan service.

9/10. Fan service doesn't make a good anime. Plot does. Character development does. The ending made me cry manly tears.

Especially Nunnally.
Old 2008-10-12, 22:41   Link #125
Cinocard

I rate this 9/10, purely from an audience perspective. It gave out good feeling and enjoyment every time i watched it, and an urge of "i want more" each time i finished an episode.

I don't want to be critism, i don't want to get a lens and to look for bugs in animation and plot. I don't invest time to read the forums and join the debate about plots, and then find out: "ah, how imperfect it is". I don't spend minutes thinking about the show to give birth to tons of question i should not ever think of to feel let down with the next episode. If a show is that thought-provoking and thought addictive to me that i can't get it out of my mind, that alone deserve a 10 already, because my thought is of my own, no matter if the show would live up to those "logical thought" or not.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 21:13   Link #126
Shadows_Esper
That guy over there

9/10. Mainly because the ending is kinda vague. I hoped for more of a happy ending where everyone lives, C.C. gets her wish and we get to know her name. But this is good too Lelouch is dead/alive, C.C. is on a cart and Nunnally is the empress.
Old 2008-10-15, 15:32   Link #127
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Uh, look, I'm telling you all right now, I saw the original scenarios that Taniguichi was playing around with, they didn't look much better, overall I'd say the direction of R2 seemed the stronger one from my own comparisons. BTW, the ending from the directors own words is up to our imagination, so in my imagination he did not kill Lelouch, so its all good I think
C’mon now, that’s not a very strong argument (You don’t know how an intended scenario could have played out), but I guess the poked-tongue smilicon saves you…I’ve been so consumed with Gundam 00 I just totally blacked-out on this whole forum…At the end of the day though, it seems the forum has atleast settled on an above average score to high score....Those who looked at it in a literary sense scored it lower than those who viewed it as a fun popular show…That’s fair I guess, the fact I just forgot about and that I’m not missing it much tells my story, but that could just be 00 fluid all over the place…
Old 2008-10-15, 16:00   Link #128
Kyo69
paranoid

Perfect 10. Plot was incredible. Each episode had an unexpected twist of events, the situation was changing constantly, nothing happened as I predicted. Many interesting characters with good development.

Ending of the first series was disappointing, but I’m glad they decided to end it with R2 with a perfect ending. Although I still don’t understand why Lulu didn’t staged his death, I feel like he had to die to bring closure. It was also very emotional with Nunnally crying and her being the 100’th emperor.

One of the best anime of this period.
Kyo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 01:31   Link #129
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Animation quality:
I am not a person to know much about this.
I love the Character designs.
Gogo Kallen.
though they kinda were a bit off sometimes with her Breast size.
IE Captured arc.
there were some parts that were a bit fuzzy but not much to complain about.

9/10

VA:
A great Job by everyone in My opinion
Probably one of it's strong points.
Nunnally's Crying job in the end was one of the best i have ever heard.
I felt the emotion.

10/10

Script:
If Season one was 10
Then Season two was a let down.
Again this is just my opinion.
I was pretty cool with everything until episode 19.
Thought there were times i was like this doesn't make sense i was like this is fine.
But After GEassing God. it was a trainwreck,
Characters were undeveloped. I.E. C.C.
Characters were left to hang in the Sun I.E. Kallen
There were too many things left unanswer and too rushed for my taste.
Schneizel anyone?
4/10

COnclusion
Code Geass was one of my favorite animes of all time but in the end it failed.
Code geass will go along with other's of the same genre like Gundam Seed but will not go past it. The top pedestal is still NGE.
Will CG ever be in the same category.
Probably not but its ok. CG was a great anime but just not revolutionary in any stretch.

I would have given it 7.0 but I love Kallen too much. A character is worth at least grade up.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 15:57   Link #130
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

I like season one better than r2 more violent and more comflict. I'll give r1 a 9/10 and r2 a 8/10.
Knight Of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 15:59   Link #131
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
I like season one better than r2 more violent and more comflict. I'll give r1 a 9/10 and r2 a 8/10.
So, in order for R2 to have been better, would you have liked a scene straight out of Tomino's book in which characters were killed bloodily one after the other, and seeing civilians atomized by FLEIAs, then?
Old 2008-10-18, 00:26   Link #132
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
So, in order for R2 to have been better, would you have liked a scene straight out of Tomino's book in which characters were killed bloodily one after the other, and seeing civilians atomized by FLEIAs, then?
Yes, it would give the idea of sacrifice across nicely, the whole ending was simply to rushed, and to happy given the actual story.

Personally, would it have killed to have Lelouch kill someone? Like Nunnaly, and Kallen? Get the idea that Lelouch was willing to do anything and do it to characters we like, and he loved.

With the way they did things no one cares since over the last two episodes no one died that we cared about, Lelouch is stated to have done horrible things, but it was done to people no one cares about.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2008-10-18 at 00:41. Reason: Replaced bad joke
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 00:29   Link #133
Dream_Traveller
Banned

So you wanted Code Geass to become a form of repulsive and sickening torture to certain characters just to get 'OMG LELOUCH IS A BASTARD' across, and you wanted graphic deaths just to get 'SACRIFICE IS SUCH A VIRTUE' across 'nicely'.

You sicken me.

You like Gundam- you want graphic deaths, go watch V Gundam. Or anything before Turn Delta.
Old 2008-10-18, 00:36   Link #134
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Yes, it would give the idea of sacrifice across nicely, the whole ending was simply to rushed, and to happy given the actual story.

Personally, would it have killed to have Lelouch Draw and Quarter someone? Like Nunnaly, and Kallen? Get the idea that Lelouch was willing to do anything and do it to characters we like, and he loved.

With the way they did things no one cares since over the last two episodes no one died that we cared about, Lelouch is stated to have done horrible things, but it was done to people no one cares about.
Uh, seems like you prefer gratuitous violence and torture as your brand of fan service. No thanks. I suppose you could look for guro elsewhere.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 00:39   Link #135
Charred Knight

Quote:
So you wanted Code Geass to become a form of repulsive and sickening torture to certain characters just to get 'OMG LELOUCH IS A BASTARD' across, and you wanted graphic deaths just to get 'SACRIFICE IS SUCH A VIRTUE' across 'nicely'.

You sicken me.
You honestly believed I want to see Nunnaly
1. Dragged on a hurdle (a wooden frame) to the place of execution. (This is one possible meaning of drawn.)
2. Hanged by the neck for a short time or until almost dead (hanged).
3. Disembowelled and emasculated and the genitalia and entrails burned before the condemned's eyes (this is another meaning of drawn—see the reference to the Oxford English Dictionary below).
4. Beheaded and the body divided into four parts (quartered).

No, I don't want to see that I was joking about the Drawn and Quartered crap. That would be disgusting, by the way I got the instrcutions for Drawn and Quartering from Wikipedia.

I just wanted to have Lelouch actually have to kill someone we liked. Nunnaly, Kallen, Toudoh, anyone of those would have worked, instead the thing we got which was Lelouch may or may not have died, Suzaku's life ruined, and a cheesy ending where OUGI becomes Prime minister, the man was incompetent when he was leading the terrorist cell, what makes you think he could restore Japan with its massive poverty.

It makes the ending come to easy, it just makes it look like nothing was sacrificed.

The whole thing was set up for a Kill' em all ending Tomino depressed style, and then over the last two episodes it just appears like they chicken out. Its like they made the ending to try to please everyone.

I like my endings to fit the series mood, Code Geass up to the last two episodes was a depressing series, I wanted a depressing ending.

It would be like if G Gundam had a serious ending

I would also like to point out that its

Turn A Gundam not Turn Delta Gundam
Old 2008-10-18, 00:43   Link #136
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Because Taniguchi isn't Tomino? Ever occurred to you?

And let's see: Kallen was destined to survive, Toudou had his fans, and him dying would be pointless, especially when he'd done next to nothing in R2, and why the hell would Lelouch kill his own sister? He was a bastard, but not a future executioner of the one person that he truly loved.
Old 2008-10-18, 00:48   Link #137
Charred Knight

Quote:
Because Taniguchi isn't Tomino? Ever occurred to you?

And let's see: Kallen was destined to survive, Toudou had his fans, and him dying would be pointless, especially when he'd done next to nothing in R2, and why the hell would Lelouch kill his own sister? He was a bastard, but not a future executioner of the one person that he truly loved.
That's the problem no one that had fans died after Rolo.

Its not as bad as Mai Hime's ending (worse ending ever), but in terms of Mood Whiplash its close.
Old 2008-10-18, 01:11   Link #138
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I see some of us still need to use buzzwords when it comes to describing this show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 04:46   Link #139
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
could lelouch be considered anything but a complete monster if he had killed characters of importence in the last arc
imagine if kaguya died becouse of him
would you be able to actually think of ihs actions as noble after that
i wouldnt
i started disliking him the moment he said he was willing to forsake even nunnaly for his plan
and i didnt start liking him again until ep 25 came around
if his action had led to a character i love dying during the final arc i would have never forgiven him
Old 2008-10-18, 16:32   Link #140
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Ah well Code Geass R2 was a great anime, a nice anime to remember.