AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 01:27   Link #181
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I just noticed something when I re-watched the episode. Yesy fansubs called Nanoha's intel weapon "Raising Heart" but isn't it suppose to be "Raging Heart?
People have used those two so interchangeably. Although she's clearly saying Reijingu Haato!, Raising Heart has become the fashionable official term for Nanoha's device.

I hope you can tell which one I prefer.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:52   Link #182
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
For the ones who need lolis in this show, you'll get at least 3, so don't despair.
Am I that obvious now? Yikes! Well I guess it wasn't that hard to make the connection between a mecha fan and...you know. My thoughts on the trend are that as long as you're not breaking a law you might as well go along for the ride.
Old 2007-04-03, 02:07   Link #183
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
... So Yuuno is not going to make an appearance on strikers? Now there is no one that can interfere between Fate X Nanoha... except maybe Sobaru xD
Old 2007-04-03, 02:22   Link #184
Key Board
Carbon

Nanoha does not have a love interest. You have to understand her mindset.

Her closest soul mate would be Raising Heart.

No, I am quite serious about this. Heck, the StrikerS ED was all about her x RH
Old 2007-04-03, 02:27   Link #185
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
Although she's clearly saying Reijingu Haato!,
That has absolutely no bearing on whether it is one or the other. It's like how ribaasu is both reverse and rebirth at the same time. There's no way you can say for sure which is correct just by only looking at the kana.
Old 2007-04-03, 02:30   Link #186
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
... So Yuuno is not going to make an appearance on strikers? Now there is no one that can interfere between Fate X Nanoha... except maybe Subaru xD
Minus the fact that Fate actually sounded a little supportive of Yuuno x Nanoha...Well, she and Hayate are ...*sighs* over Nanoha's current pace with Yuuno in their relationship.

Anyway, I wouldn't discount Yuuno. He's almost guareented a cameo and possibly minor roles towards the end, likewise for every other character not named Lieze and Graham. (( They so clearly deserve one though )) Besides, when are we going to know more about Scrya? Yuuno's character is one brimming with potential, but alas, it almost looks as if the writers are mishandling his potential.

You know, I keep getting the image of Fate/Hayate pressing the wrong buttons, setting the test difficulty to maximum SSS level, just like one time where Gambit literally screwed Cyclops in the Danger Room by making him face Omega Red, Magneto, etc at the same time. Doesn't help that Teana's new upgrade shown in the OP looks like it came out of X-Men, what's with the X-Men logo on it.

Edit : The seiyuu for Nanoha doesn't neccesarily speaks the name "Raising Heart" from the english romanizations. When she's reading from the katakana, then the sound of "G" is almost always there. Pretty much how Asuran -> Athrun even when the "S" sound is there , if we want to be wholely technical.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-03, 02:31   Link #187
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
That has absolutely no bearing on whether it is one or the other. It's like how ribaasu is both reverse and rebirth at the same time. There's no way you can say for sure which is correct just by only looking at the kana.
Maybe so, but please explain then where the hard "g" sound in "Raging" goes in the transition to the word "Raising".
Old 2007-04-03, 02:40   Link #188
Ottocycle

The 'zi' sound of 'si' in Raising Heart(as opposed to the 'si' in 'sing') as used can be translated as the 'ji' katakana syllable.

Another official example would be the Japanese name for the Final Fantasy series, which is pronounced as Fainaru Fantajii.
Old 2007-04-03, 02:41   Link #189
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Maybe so, but please explain then where the hard "g" sound in "Raging" goes in the transition to the word "Raising".
That would be because ji is also zi. It's hard to fully explain, due to it being Japanese phonetics, but ji is really zi, and that's just how a Japanese person pronounces it, and it's only romanised as ji so someone can properly read it the way a Japanese person pronounces it, but using English phonetics instead.
Old 2007-04-03, 02:45   Link #190
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

yare yare... beaten twice.

Actually, I fully understand where both of you guys are coming from. The example of FF drills that into my head pretty damn hard too.

*slaps self*
Old 2007-04-03, 02:49   Link #191
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Minus the fact that Fate actually sounded a little supportive of Yuuno x Nanoha...Well, she and Hayate are ...*sighs* over Nanoha's current pace with Yuuno in their relationship.
What are you referring to? The soundstage drama? If so then that's not the correct way to put it.

I will break it down for you guys, so I hope there is no longer any misunderstanding

First they wonder if they Nanoha is going out with Yuuno. She's not.
Then they talk among themselves about how they misread the situation and point out that Nanoha and Yuuno are on sibling terms.
Then they go on how both Nanoha and Yuuno love their job/dreams more than anything else.
Then they compare these two to themselves and realize that hey, they too have dreams.
I believe the author is trying to say something about the women in Nanoha. Don't you wonder what "Secret Ambition" means? I believe I'm getting to something

Now about Yuuno. How is a gentle way to put this..

Yuuno is removed from staple character status because they couldn't find a way make his character worth any considerable screen time

You know how in certain shounen shows where token support character does nothing but shout [insert character name] ? They didn't want Yuuno to be trapped in such a sucky role.

That and they need to make more airtime for the newbies

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-04-03 at 03:04.
Old 2007-04-03, 03:19   Link #192
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This was Very Good for a first episode.
Subaru turned out to be much more of a crybaby than i expected, but i have no doubts she will make for a good character. She is not spineless. (Lol @ the lack of brakes )

Nanoha has stolen loli-Fate's hairstyle! I want Fate with pigtails ... not that it looks bad on Nanoha And she has power locks on her spells ? Better safe than sorry, right ?

Reinforce = cute I loved how Subaru and Teana just stared at Reinforce when she was scolding them I wonder how many more "gags" we will see related to Reinforce's size ?

For those who are looking for some romance between Nanoha x Yuuno - i highly doubt it. They already have a monster sized cast to work with, and i am afraid Yuuno will be left sitting in his library off-screen for the vast majority of time. He will get a cameo or two, but nothing much besides that i am afraid. (Or their romance will be added as an afterthought at best, if at all)

As for the whole Raising/Raging Heart - is that really important ? Fans have been calling them both ways (even though Raising heart is the official one as far as i know) since for as long as i can remember, and it has never been an issue

Can't wait for the next ep >.<
Old 2007-04-03, 04:12   Link #193
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
People have used those two so interchangeably. Although she's clearly saying Reijingu Haato!, Raising Heart has become the fashionable official term for Nanoha's device.

I hope you can tell which one I prefer.
Personally I think Raging Heart sounds cooler myself, but the other 2 answered you already on why it is Raising Heart.
Old 2007-04-03, 04:26   Link #194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Once again, like the whole deal with magic-technology, aren't we supposed to have this whole name-calling issue settled since last season or earlier?

As for my take on the romance... So far this seriess has been, in my opinion, disappointingly lacking in that department, so I wouldn't be surprise if they F-ed me up again this time...

But then again, this 26 episode show has just started, so I won't be so quick to place bets just yet...
Old 2007-04-03, 04:44   Link #195
JediNight
キズランダム

I just don't think its the type of series you should ever expect to see the main characters paired off in romantic relationships. The otaku would revolt ;p Basically Nanoha and Fate are like real life idol singers -- they aren't allowed to be paired off, because then the crazy otaku won't be able to easily picture themselves with the characters anymore.

(As crazy as that sounds -- real life idol singers are usually contractually prohibited from having romantic relationships, at least publically, as much of their idol fame depends on the fantasizing of the fanbase....)
Old 2007-04-03, 05:09   Link #196
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

this might be an exception though... most of the fanbase imagine pretty well some... tasty relationship between Nanoha and Fate, ya know?

it won't be canon, but the hints are really awkward (the DramaCD is gold )
Old 2007-04-03, 05:09   Link #197
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Holy crap, I can't believe this thread is not even two days old and already has 10 pages of replies. I knew Nanoha was popular... I didn't realize it was this popular.

Ok, this is stock standard sci-fi shounen action and no one's expecting any more from this show. Interesting enough, it looks as if the sci-fi elements in this series are going to be far more prominent than in either of the previous two, which gives me reason to be apprehensive, since, in my eyes, anime (and most other forms of media, with the arguable exception of novels) doesn't have a great track record with sci-fi. With that said, the action sequences in this first ep were pretty good. Clean, pretty animation, fast-paced action, beam spam and the rest... there's no question that the idea was to start with a bang, and it'll probably set the tone for the rest of the series. Which is good (and strange) since usually it takes quite a bit for an action sequence to catch my attention in anime, since most of the time it just feels like I've seen it all before (hence why most action anime bore me).

Conversely, the drama was very weak... but one can't ask for strong drama in a first episode, since we don't yet know the characters and it's hard to really care for their plights at this stage (obviously there are some rare exceptions to this...) But, it made for an interesting comparison with A's, which I thought had a few pretty good examples of drama, but hardly any good examples of action. Maybe it signifies a change in focus for the franchise, which I wouldn't approve of, since it was the drama that made StrikerS's predecessors interesting (and I'm not saying Nanoha's drama is top-tier... I'm saying it was interesting enough to make for some good watching). Or maybe I just shouldn't be speculating so much this early in the season...

Fair ep overall. Not the greatest first ep ever, but a good old fashion turn-off-your-brain-and-enjoy fare. Final word: something about Subaru reminded me of Naruto.
Old 2007-04-03, 05:12   Link #198
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I just don't think its the type of series you should ever expect to see the main characters paired off in romantic relationships. The otaku would revolt ;p Basically Nanoha and Fate are like real life idol singers -- they aren't allowed to be paired off, because then the crazy otaku won't be able to easily picture themselves with the characters anymore.
Well, I can understand the crazy otaku part (They are crazy...)

But the writers have to be equally nuts to not have any pairings just because of them. Not ALL of their fans are unsound....
Old 2007-04-03, 05:12   Link #199
Woden

Hopefully we won't have any "BELIEVE IT!" moments... Oh God...
Old 2007-04-03, 06:20   Link #200
JediNight
キズランダム

I just mean that the fans revel in the "forbidden fruit" relationship of Fate x Nanoha that everyone likes to parody. I really don't see the writers pairing up Fate or Nanoha with anyone (male hehe) in the show. Yuuno is basically written off at this point, and even if he does show up in the 2nd half of the season, I don't think he would have a relationship with Nanoha if he hasn't in the last 10-12 years =D
Closed Thread