AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-04-25, 02:41   Link #6221
teejmo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Nope, the "Aahhhh" moment is Ellis.
Oh, my mistake. I forgot that Ellis also had a rather larger chest than the other girls. Actually, isn't she the biggest?

Man, I feel I'm failing in life by confirming which girl is which based on her bust size. Well, Arata from Trinity Seven did the same, so maybe I'm not that bad. Granted, he's also that world's incarnation of the Maou, so I'm probably in deep trouble.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 02:43   Link #6222
holybell84
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Oh, my mistake. I forgot that Ellis also had a rather larger chest than the other girls. Actually, isn't she the biggest?

Man, I feel I'm failing in life by confirming which girl is which based on her bust size. Well, Arata from Trinity Seven did the same, so maybe I'm not that bad. Granted, he's also that world's incarnation of the Maou, so I'm probably in deep trouble.
Actually, due to the way she is drawn... I think everyone was thinking it's that perverted princess
__________________
Standing Strong
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 02:51   Link #6223
teejmo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Actually, due to the way she is drawn... I think everyone was thinking it's that perverted princess
Ahh, I'm not alone! I can still be saved!

Off subject, but does anyone know the geography of this world? Like where that ripoff of China and Dragon-land are in respect to the Academy and such?
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 04:19   Link #6224
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Wich could be because of her cheating
If that's your definition of cheating, what do you call Kamito's leading on practically every named female character in the series
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 04:33   Link #6225
Tohno Ren
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
This volume has fewer illustrations:
Spoiler for Images galore:
Oh Holy Cow !!! A lot of "hot" scene blows away my eyes
Tohno Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 04:49   Link #6226
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
im just curious if they'll free rinslets sister tbh
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 05:41   Link #6227
holybell84
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Some spoilers regarding the girls

Spoiler for status:
__________________
Standing Strong
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:11   Link #6228
Futon Lord
Human
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
This series is getting so complicated I can't keep track. There's so many forces and fractions out there. And most of them have such unclear motives it's hard to tell which ones are working together. So I'll make a list.
List:
Protagonist + Allies:
Kamito (demon king of the night) + harem (fake)
Demon King's Burial Chamber (Hopefully)
The Freed Elemental Lords (For Now)
Areishia Empire (For Now)

Direct Antagonists:
True Darkness + Angels (Motive Unknown)
The Holy Kingdom of Lugia (Trying kill Restia (Why?), Corrupted by Darkness?)
The Alphas Theocracy + Demon King Cult + Murders + The Other Demon King (Motive Unknown)
The Corrupted Elemental Lords (Chaotic Insane)

Uncertain:
The Will of the Darkness Elemental Lord (Destroyed? Corrupted? Uncertain.)
The Missing Holy Elemental Lord (Status Unknown, Connection to Angels?)
Restia (Wandering Wifu)
Team Inferno (Onee-chan)
The various other nations.

Possible Future Allied Countries:
Dracunia, the Dragon Empire (No Panties)
Quina Empire (Copy/Pasted China)

Last edited by Futon Lord; 2014-04-25 at 06:52.
Futon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:31   Link #6229
SineMora
Wait for it...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: In between time and space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futon Lord View Post
This series is getting so complicated I can't keep track. There's so many forces and fractions out there. And most of them have such unclear motives it's hard to tell which ones are working together. So I'll make a list.
List:
Protagonist + Allies:
Kamito (demon king of the night) + harem (fake)
Demon King's Burial Chamber (Hopefully)
The freed elemental lords (For Now)
Areishia Empire (For Now)

Direct Antagonists:
True Darkness + Angels (Motive Unknown)
The Holy Kingdom of Lugia (Trying kill Restia (Why?), Corrupted by Darkness?)
The Alphas Theocracy + Demon King Cult + Murders + The Other Demon King (Motive Unknown)
The Corrupted Elemental Lords (Chaotic Insane)

Uncertain:
The Will of the Darkness Elemental Lord (Destroyed? Corrupted? Uncertain.)
The Missing Holy Elemental Lord (Status Unknown, Connection to Angels?)
Restia (Wandering Wifu)
Team Inferno (Onee-chan)
The various other nations.
I am expecting Dracunia to join with Areisha, cause if they don't, their ace will...

Leonora (before a battle): It's been an honor to fight for you and hopefully with you this time Kamito, after this, why not treat me later, A duel I mean...
Fianna: Kamito, do you intend to include Dracunia in your sphere of influence?
Ellis: AS I THOUGHT, IT WAS A DATE AFTER ALL!!!
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:35   Link #6230
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futon Lord View Post
This series is getting so complicated I can't keep track. There's so many forces and fractions out there. And most of them have such unclear motives it's hard to tell which ones are working together. So I'll make a list.
List:
Protagonist + Allies:
Kamito (demon king of the night) + harem (fake)
Demon King's Burial Chamber (Hopefully)
The freed elemental lords (For Now)
Areishia Empire (For Now)

Direct Antagonists:
True Darkness + Angels (Motive Unknown)
The Holy Kingdom of Lugia (Trying kill Restia (Why?), Corrupted by Darkness?)
The Alphas Theocracy + Demon King Cult + Murders + The Other Demon King (Motive Unknown)
The Corrupted Elemental Lords (Chaotic Insane)

Uncertain:
The Will of the Darkness Elemental Lord (Destroyed? Corrupted? Uncertain.)
The Missing Holy Elemental Lord (Status Unknown, Connection to Angels?)
Restia (Wandering Wifu)
Team Inferno (Onee-chan)
The various other nations.
Well lets put it this way. Lugia likely wants to kill restia because fo something with the theocracy. Restia is a protagonist Team Inferno almost definitely is because rubia and muir have a massive crush on kamito. Dracunia will join kamito's side once the war begins
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:45   Link #6231
Futon Lord
Human
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well lets put it this way. Lugia likely wants to kill restia because fo something with the theocracy. Restia is a protagonist Team Inferno almost definitely is because rubia and muir have a massive crush on kamito. Dracunia will join kamito's side once the war begins
I disagree. Restia's corrupted Ren Ashdoll will would have led DK Kamito to fall to the true darkness. Lugia is allied to/corrupted by true darkness, so shouldn't they want her to live and drag him down? Unless the mission was given when Lugia was on the verge of collapse, as its final resistance? Or maybe there's some plot twist waiting.

Team inferno, I would call allies, if not for Rubia's 'crimes'. There's no way Kamito can publicly work with them at the moment. We need more plot advancement. And don't forget the four Gods' country. They'll probably join too.

Last edited by Futon Lord; 2014-04-25 at 06:57.
Futon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:51   Link #6232
yugi12301
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
argh!!! 6 months of waiting and restia appears at the end of the epilouge, so i have to wait another 6 months of waiting to see her again, this is totally trolling but i can't believe i'm still reading this "=.=
yugi12301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:54   Link #6233
Futon Lord
Human
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugi12301 View Post
argh!!! 6 months of waiting and restia appears at the end of the epilouge, so i have to wait another 6 months of waiting to see her again, this is totally trolling but i can't believe i'm still reading this "=.=
I'm just thankful she appears at all T_T.
Futon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 06:56   Link #6234
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
GOT HOME WITH THE BOOK!

So like.. 13 volumes and... 3+ years..... WHERE THE FUCK is my one true pairing....

Oh author please stop trolling me... and give it to me already....

Restia gets literally ONE line....
__________________
I hope this meets the requirements...

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 07:03   Link #6235
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
sigh.... so she appears again and she only has what? 1 line only?

I don't know but I felt the author is milking her popularity too much.

Too much tease moments for the fans. She's there, she's not there, she's there, she got taken away, she's there, she lost her memory and then she's there again >_> can we please not repeat it again for the N^n times.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 07:19   Link #6236
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futon Lord View Post
I disagree. Restia's corrupted Ren Ashdoll will would have led DK Kamito to fall to the true darkness. Lugia is allied to/corrupted by true darkness, so shouldn't they want her to live and drag him down? Unless the mission was given when Lugia was on the verge of collapse, as its final resistance? Or maybe there's some plot twist waiting.

Team inferno, I would call allies, if not for Rubia's 'crimes'. There's no way Kamito can publicly work with them at the moment. We need more plot advancement. And don't forget the four Gods' country. They'll probably join too.
Lets start of coruse with Restia. She saved him from becoming the DK Lugia is likely aligned with the theocracy whose goal is to destroy the world They believe that a good Kamito with the darkness elementals powers is in their way and restia will help that. As for Team inferno keep in mind Claire was the sister of the calamity queen and fianna is a lost queen and he worked fine with them plus Muir and Lily who are old allies will play a role.

Its kinda funny how much you guys are complaining about restia only having a small role. When the reality is her having a large role is bad for the storyline. All this talk about development for the other girls and the big complaint is only a little bit of restia ha well the author wants to teas the fans and clearly its working. Plus from his perspective its the right thing to do
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 07:32   Link #6237
Futon Lord
Human
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Lets start of coruse with Restia. She saved him from becoming the DK Lugia is likely aligned with the theocracy whose goal is to destroy the world They believe that a good Kamito with the darkness elementals powers is in their way and restia will help that. As for Team inferno keep in mind Claire was the sister of the calamity queen and fianna is a lost queen and he worked fine with them plus Muir and Lily who are old allies will play a role.

Its kinda funny how much you guys are complaining about restia only having a small role. When the reality is her having a large role is bad for the storyline. All this talk about development for the other girls and the big complaint is only a little bit of restia ha well the author wants to teas the fans and clearly its working. Plus from his perspective its the right thing to do
If they want to destroy the world, it'd be best to preserve Restia's life. She was a ticking time bomb that would awaken a corrupted demon king. Isn't that why she tried to kill herself? Kamito controlling the DK powers will probably come eventually, but we can't even see a hint of a way to get there yet.

Team Inferno, don't get me wrong. I really, really like Rubia, and rank her 3rd, after Est. I also hope they join as primary allies. I just don't like the 'suicide team' vibe they're giving off. Muir's farewell during the blade dance felt like a death flag, and Rubia seems to have an "I'm going to die soon anyways" attitude.

Meh. This isn't a serious harem fic anyways; in the end, the pairing will probably either end with Kamito choosing a girl, or more likely, just be left hanging open. I'd prefer the author just work towards a serious EstxKamitoxRestia relationship, and friendzone the rest.
Futon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 08:36   Link #6238
Midnight_25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futon Lord
This series is getting so complicated I can't keep track. There's so many forces and fractions out there. And most of them have such unclear motives it's hard to tell which ones are working together. So I'll make a list.
List:
Protagonist + Allies:
Kamito (demon king of the night) + harem (fake)
Demon King's Burial Chamber (Hopefully)
The freed elemental lords (For Now)
Areishia Empire (For Now)

Direct Antagonists:
True Darkness + Angels (Motive Unknown)
The Holy Kingdom of Lugia (Trying kill Restia (Why?), Corrupted by Darkness?)
The Alphas Theocracy + Demon King Cult + Murders + The Other Demon King (Motive Unknown)
The Corrupted Elemental Lords (Chaotic Insane)

Uncertain:
The Will of the Darkness Elemental Lord (Destroyed? Corrupted? Uncertain.)
The Missing Holy Elemental Lord (Status Unknown, Connection to Angels?)
Restia (Wandering Wifu)
Team Inferno (Onee-chan)
The various other nations.
May I ask why you said harem (fake)? Is there an underlying meaning?
I'm also curious about Rinslet's other sister. Did anything happen?

Thanks.
Midnight_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 09:44   Link #6239
Futon Lord
Human
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_25 View Post
May I ask why you said harem (fake)? Is there an underlying meaning?
I'm also curious about Rinslet's other sister. Did anything happen?

Thanks.
If you compare the harem in this Light Novel series to others, such as Campione! or Highschool DxD, you begin to see glaring differences in the attitudes of the heroines, and the overall tone of the series. Unlike STnBD, those series take a serious approach to the harem, with the direct intent of actually giving the protagonist a harem at the end. The heroines intend to share, and over the course of the series, become used to sharing. The protagonist learns how to manage relationships with many girls at a time. That is a true harem.

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance is a generic harem series - a bunch of hot girls are attracted to one guy, who is indecisive, for whatever reason. That's it. The chances of a true harem ending are almost zero. Unless some plot device forces it, either the protagonist will choose someone, leaving the rest crying, or the romantic subplot will be left unresolved, like in Rosario/Vampire. This isn't really a harem - thus I call it 'fake'. Well, considering the spirit contracts, it may be possible for Kamito to at least end up with 3 girls - 2 spirits and 1 wife (probably Claire, considering she's the only girl Kamito kissed T_T).

Rinslet's sister got frozen in ice by the corrupted water elemental lord. Read Volume 5, chapter 4:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...lume5_Chapter4
Futon Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 10:01   Link #6240
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futon Lord View Post
If you compare the harem in this Light Novel series to others, such as Campione! or Highschool DxD, you begin to see glaring differences in the attitudes of the heroines, and the overall tone of the series. Unlike STnBD, those series take a serious approach to the harem, with the direct intent of actually giving the protagonist a harem at the end. The heroines intend to share, and over the course of the series, become used to sharing. The protagonist learns how to manage relationships with many girls at a time. That is a true harem.

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance is a generic harem series - a bunch of hot girls are attracted to one guy, who is indecisive, for whatever reason. That's it. The chances of a true harem ending are almost zero. Unless some plot device forces it, either the protagonist will choose someone, leaving the rest crying, or the romantic subplot will be left unresolved, like in Rosario/Vampire. This isn't really a harem - thus I call it 'fake'. Well, considering the spirit contracts, it may be possible for Kamito to at least end up with 3 girls - 2 spirits and 1 wife (probably Claire, considering she's the only girl Kamito kissed).

Rinslet's sister got frozen in ice by the corrupted water elemental lord. Read Volume 5, chapter 4:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...lume5_Chapter4
Sorry bro but Campione is far more fake a harem than blade dance. The argument can be made that none of the girls in Campione were attracted to godou at all for most of the time.
Erica is there because he's a campione, Lily and Yuri are there to block Erica, Ena was originally to backup Yuri and I suspect highly that's the reason they're still around.
The same is true of blade dance with regards to Claire and Rinslet but Fianna and Ellis are genuinely attracted to kamito. Fact is kamito was simply a male elementalist and Fianna was attracted to him genuinely and ellis became attracted to him for his deeds. Rinslet id argue still isn't attracted to him and Claire became attracted to him for the kindness.

DxD is one of my favorite series but the attitudes of the girls is a mixed bag.
Rias- acknowledged issei because he's the first person who didn't care for the whole gremory name but about her. Akeno just seems to want to screw around. Asia was scorned and simply needed a friend which issei provided. Xenovia just needs sperm. Koneko I think was because he helped her get over the problems with her sis (nothing special). Irina is a childhood friend which is interesting but again she doesn't really know what she wants. Ravel became charmed by his power not him.

In DxD they do share him but that's his desire not there's the girls are all in competition and really that's not gonna change. There's no competition in Campione because really I don't think they care about him as much as they do his status as a campione
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.