AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 35 23.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 34.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 23.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 13.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.68%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.36%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-17, 12:43   Link #201
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Okay first things first. Dark skin doesn't come from generations of living in high heat. Rather, light skin comes from generations of having less of a need for UV-ray protection. So get your facts straight Slayerx.

The view of Lior from the end of episode 2 looks like the place is in the middle of grass plains with a mountain range in the background. That's not a desert, not unless you're going to tell me farmers live in deserts. In which case you'd be wrong, deserts aren't fertile, they're incredible dry and barren.
Old 2009-04-17, 14:01   Link #202
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The view of Lior from the end of episode 2 looks like the place is in the middle of grass plains with a mountain range in the background. That's not a desert, not unless you're going to tell me farmers live in deserts. In which case you'd be wrong, deserts aren't fertile, they're incredible dry and barren.
Well I guess you're right. I didn't know that because I don't watch previews except for Bleach and Naruto (because they have omake at the end). Well, if someone had straight out told me to just watch the end of the episode and look at the preview, I would have. Geez, would have saved everyone a lot of time and frustration if some had just pointed this out earlier. I'm glad to know at least one person here has a functioning brain.
Old 2009-04-17, 14:20   Link #203
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
especially when rose, is a very minor character in the manga. Also in the first series they twisted two plot lines into one arc, which in the end extended the one arc that rose was involved in.
Good god, did anyone read this? Let's stop fighting about the freaking setting of a town and concentrate on the people living in it and passing through it, if the story was about Lior,the show would be called Fullmetal Alchemist:Chronicles of Lior.
Old 2009-04-17, 14:21   Link #204
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Anyway, does it really matter if Lior is in the desert or if Rose has a tan? The first is just a location and the second is a minor character. Really people, it's not all too important. Especially not to get worked up about.

EDIT: Ah, Kafriel was quicker^^'

Last edited by monir; 2009-04-18 at 09:15. Reason: quoted post removed
Old 2009-04-17, 14:23   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
Anyway, does it really matter if Lior is in the desert or if Rose has a tan? The first is just a location and the second is a minor character. Really people, it's not all too important. Especially not to get worked up about.
You're missing the point.

We have one person not accepting the fact that the first series was doing it's own thing, and that this series plans to stick close to the manga, which shows Rose's true skin color as it was displayed in the source material.
Old 2009-04-17, 14:25   Link #206
Avira

I was jut referring to the one post, but I guess you are right. The first anime indeed has nothing to do with this one and all that happened or was shown there has nothing to do with FMA: Brotherhood.
Old 2009-04-17, 14:55   Link #207
Avira

Calling people a 'childish brat' and using 'boy' at the end of a sentence in italics indicates anger, hun.
Not-angry people don't really use biting sarcasm either and your post was full of it.
Just saying.

Nice that you've acknowledged that I'm a female. Plus I feel honored that you wrote my name in bold. Really.

Last edited by Avira; 2009-04-17 at 14:56. Reason: typo
Old 2009-04-17, 16:13   Link #208
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Well I guess you're right. I didn't know that because I don't watch previews except for Bleach and Naruto (because they have omake at the end). Well, if someone had straight out told me to just watch the end of the episode and look at the preview, I would have. Geez, would have saved everyone a lot of time and frustration if some had just pointed this out earlier. I'm glad to know at least one person here has a functioning brain.
Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Here's Rose, taken from the preview at the end of this very episode:

Like I said before, that's the skin tone she has in the manga, and that's how she's going to be in this series. Deal with it.
Yare, yare... Read previous posts, people. There's a reason why this forum and most others have a "Go to first new post" link.

Can we call this over now? The manga/Brotherhood version of Rose and presumably other Liorans are fair-skinned, Brotherhood Lior is not in a desert, and it has no effect whatsoever on the plot either way. Geez, I almost miss the naked manga spoilers...
Old 2009-04-17, 22:00   Link #209
Full Metal Jackass
Most Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Like this?
well played my friend
Old 2009-04-18, 00:21   Link #210
SnowCrasher

Just because they rearranged the order of story, I don't think we should assume that they skipped everything in between altogether. They'll have to elaborate more on the past events later at another time. It's still too early to tell everything.
We'll just have to be patient and watch how the director carries out the story in the future...
Irie-san, don't disappoint us! >_<

It would definitely put our minds at ease if we know how many episodes it's planned for though...
Old 2009-04-18, 17:43   Link #211
Yokai

The story is that Father Cornello made the place into an Oasis, and before it was a desert barren-land.

To be honest, it's really minor. But, shouldn't Rose have red eyes at the very least?
Old 2009-04-18, 17:59   Link #212
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokai View Post
The story is that Father Cornello made the place into an Oasis, and before it was a desert barren-land.
Not in the manga, it's not. Cornello simply gave the people something to believe in. In hard or even desperate times, that's really all it takes.

Quote:
To be honest, it's really minor. But, shouldn't Rose have red eyes at the very least?
Why? She's not from Ishval...

Old 2009-04-18, 18:16   Link #213
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:

**headdesk**

Liorans are not related to Ishballans. In fact, Lior is part of Amestris, same as Resembool, Central, etc. Otherwise Ed and Al would have no authority once they got there. Other than looking a little more rural and (IIRC) all having dark hair (except for Rose's bangs), the natives of Lior look the same as any other group of Amestrians we've seen.
Old 2009-04-22, 01:11   Link #214
ItsTheMatthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
**headdesk**

Liorans are not related to Ishballans. In fact, Lior is part of Amestris, same as Resembool, Central, etc. Otherwise Ed and Al would have no authority once they got there. Other than looking a little more rural and (IIRC) all having dark hair (except for Rose's bangs), the natives of Lior look the same as any other group of Amestrians we've seen.
I'm pretty sure they made Lior, Lior residents, and Rose look more like desert, Ishbalan-like people in the first series is because the series wanted to make a close comparison with what happens to Ed, Al, Rose, and Scar in Lior to what happened back in Ishbal. The invasion of the army, synthesis of the Philospher's Stone, rebels ighting back, and everything else are almost identical to what happened in Ishbal. This isn't the case anymore since this time around... (MAJOR SPOILER! READ ONLY IF YOU'RE WILLING FOR A HUGE SPOILER OR IF YOU READ THE MANGA!)
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-22, 02:50   Link #215
Sannom

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they made Lior, Lior residents, and Rose look more like desert, Ishbalan-like people in the first series is because the series wanted to make a close comparison with what happens to Ed, Al, Rose, and Scar in Lior to what happened back in Ishbal.
I'm myself pretty sure that they wanted to use Rose more and tried to find way to differentiate her from the other main female characters, Riza and Winry. Especially when the two are so much alike. So they gave to Rose a darker skin, black hair and an extravagant hair color. And they put Lior in a desert and darkened the restaurant guy in order to make Rose's skin color more "believable" (nothing could be done for the hair though ).
Old 2009-04-23, 11:10   Link #216
.redline

I was just watching the episode again, and has anyone else bothered trying to read the writing on the Gate? Right when Ed is pulled in, it says "Sephiroth" on the right side...thought that was kinda cool
Old 2009-04-28, 07:52   Link #217
SnowCrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheMatthias View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-06, 18:32   Link #218
destiny4everlove

Episode 2

-Al and Ed’s mom was so sweet. I felt so sad during the scene when Ed and Al where in front of their mother’s tomb. BTW, watching that scene just increased my curiosity about Al and Ed’s dad.

-The Human transmutation scene was very well done. It was very emotional. What I didn’t understand was …who was that person without a face who was talking to Ed in that “white” world? For a moment there, he/she looked like one of the other characters…but I think I’m wrong…

-I really liked the part when Roy and Riza met Al, Ed, Winry and the grandma. There was a slightly tension during that scene that made it very enjoyable for me.

-Ed’s examination was awesome! Ed’s actions during the examination made me like him more than before.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2009-06-03, 23:47   Link #219
APastelPainting

Why did FMA:B change Riza's eye color to brown? I liked her much more when her eyes were red. She looked more distinguished and not to mention... hotter

Now she just looks like a boring blonde.
Old 2009-06-04, 03:36   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APastelPainting View Post
Why did FMA:B change Riza's eye color to brown?
Because that's her eye color in the source material, the manga.