3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-05-03, 15:07   Link #21
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally got around to watching this weeks episode. Pretty good with anime original parts and parts from the manga. What happened to Ymir in this episode is a anime original. I had a feeling they would make alterations to advance the story. Im fairly certain they are going to completely bypass one huge chunk of the manga involving Historia. They will probably do something original.
Old 2017-05-03, 19:00   Link #22
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Finally got around to watching this weeks episode. Pretty good with anime original parts and parts from the manga. What happened to Ymir in this episode is a anime original. I had a feeling they would make alterations to advance the story. Im fairly certain they are going to completely bypass one huge chunk of the manga involving Historia. They will probably do something original.
Just double checked the manga, and pretty sure everything from the anime was there. Not going to go into any deeper details since it's the anime thread, but I don't see them altering much.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 02:33   Link #23
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Mikasa was badass as always not to be a fanboy or anything maybe just a little bit... Eren was pathetic as always so nothing has really happened... Whats was up with that titan that looks like Ymir eating Reiner's friend... So much suspense reading the manga chapters again to make sense of it all. I still think that the armored titan looks like Reiner but hey i guess there goes that theory maybe.... Scouts fought so hard to die so terribly which kinda makes me sad.... Anyway amazing episode nonetheless
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 00:58   Link #24
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Someone mentioned in the previous episode's thread that Ymir is likely the Titan that ate Reiner & Bertolt's comrade.. o__0 Good catch!

The backstory to Ymir is interesting and it suggests that she is fleeing persecution similar to Krista/Historia.. does that mean historia is a closet Titan ?! I suppose a strong argument against the theory is Ymir's caution in not revealing her form to Krista. Why would she want to hide the fact that she is a shifter and prevent their relationship from reaching the next level !!

We also learned that ordinary (insane) titans are distinct from our shifters. They viewed Ymir's titan form as sustenance and almost ate her for a very early breakfast snack.. We did, although, have an inkling from Erin's initial transformation. Now we can confidentially say there are three categories of titans:

- Shifters like Annie and Erin
- Insane Titans that exclusively (?) target humans and even human/titan shifters
- The 17 meter class grotesque ape titan who is very sentient and actively commands insane titans

As a sidenote, does anyone recall Ilse's notebook for the 37th survey expedition ? She recorded a titan sort of pseudo imprisoning her and referring to Ilse as Ymir-sama (it spoke).. possibly connected ? It seems very far-fetched as it was maany years before our teenage trainwreck was even born. Oh the what-ifs..

Overall, the episode was entertaining and the ending survey squad scene was brilliant.. our boys n gals needed a friggen break after all that sh!t. fk those that titan.. they took away our hallowed nanaba n co.

P.S.

To all those complaining about Ymir's attitude, is should be noted that we still know nothing of her past except that she shares somethings in common with Krista and we don't even know what those are..! It can be quite possible that she is very broken inside and keeps up a mean face to distract people from getting too close to her. Maybe she keeps the persona up to hide some terrible childhood pain on a subconscious level as-well.

I think her psychological state is similar to Mikasa's in sense that they both display unusual behavior even among abnormal peers (remember this is a world which sends teenagers to their deaths like its no big deal). The strong attachment of Mikasa to Erin is obviously a sad codependency syndrome she developed from her horrendously traumatic childhood. Perhaps our poor Ymir has a similar background that has manifested in her rebellious/belligerent attitude.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-24, 22:48   Link #25
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Historia

Ymir has become the wild card character for this season.

For the time being, her reasons remain vague and ambiguous as to why she exposed herself for Christa's sake. Perhaps....

... from back to that time ago at the mountain, Ymir was pissed at Christa wasting her life for other's sake. Perhaps, Ymir so her old self in Christa and did not want for history to keep repeating itself.

Irony, that, eventually, Christa took the reins of her persona and cheered on to the
Spoiler:

Now, we're adding more mysteries with Ymir's case and Christa, whom she finally discloses her true name as sign and promise to Ymir not to let go of her life....
Spoiler:

Once again, I'm giving praise to Hiroyuki Sawano at how he arranges and makes his compositions playing a tug of war with the audiences' emotions. How can his music at one moment sounds dreadful and despairing and how at the next moment the music signals for the call of humanity to revive and gain the upper hand in the foreboding apocalypse.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote