AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-02-19, 17:06   Link #3661
Twi

Given all the hype until now, it had to be to live up to the wait.
Old 2018-02-19, 17:58   Link #3662
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And considering what we were told about Excalibur in the same chapter, it wouldn't make sense otherwise, right? Although the demons are probably going to be fine even after that.
Old 2018-02-19, 18:59   Link #3663
zezegui222
A simple man

Everyone knows that Excalibur was going to be powerful and Arthur has potential, but c'mon guys... even if the demons are completely fine after this battle, this power up is completely broken in my opinion or even beyond that.

Some people made a comparison to One of All but... even Deku wasn't suddenly beating the strongest villains after adquire this power
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 19:26   Link #3664
marvelB

I dunno, I'm not really bothered by Arthur's power-up like some others are.... mainly because I expect there to be a huge catch to wielding Excalibur. For instance, continuing the One For All comparison, maybe inheriting the powers of all those past heroes without proper training will put a huge strain on Arthur's body, so he can't use Excalibur for very long this time around. That, plus the demons haven't gone all out yet, so once they recover from the shock (which is practically guaranteed at this point), Arthur may still be screwed unless he gets some outside help, after all. Maybe Merlin will be able to sense his power and teleport him out of Camelot before things get really hairy....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 21:21   Link #3665
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

He is not using magic tecniques yet.
And the demons were CQC on him. No special techniques yet.
Remember this chapter also said the previous weilders died in battle.

So at the end Arthur is just overpowering them by being a one man army.
Old 2018-02-19, 21:54   Link #3666
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post

Nope, the second hero, whose name was not mentioned, died from illness. He was also feared as the battle king by the demons, suggesting that his skills were formidable.

I agree with you on the magic part, I wonder if Arthur can use his predecessors' magic power, and if yes, will it be the sum total of those magic ??
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-20, 04:02   Link #3667
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

I`ve just read the chapter . Meliodas who couldn`t be harmed by Escanor until full noon was harmed by Arthur with Excalibur . For me it seems like this power up will bring some repercussions as well . I mean it looks impossible for a human who was a fodder for those demons until now to use a sword like that with god skills like that without repercussions
Old 2018-02-20, 07:59   Link #3668
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just read the chapter just now, too.

And man is that sword OP. There probably are some repercussions like some Drago said. But Arthur should eventually master the sword eventually even if he can't completely handle it right now (though, at the current moment, there don't seem to be any problems).

By the way, anyone else notice the cover art for Volume 30? Is that maybe foreshadowing for Meliodas going back to normal at some point (his darkness shroud seems to be coming off)?
Old 2018-02-20, 17:30   Link #3669
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post

Chandler didn't use CQC but a magic technique on him. Arthur was completely unscathed. I don't know if it's because his power level when wielding Excalibur is ridiculously high or if he has a technique that can negate magic.

Anyway, I agree using Excalibur will most likely have a huge drawback. Too OP not to.
Old 2018-02-20, 17:45   Link #3670
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Chandler used magic.

If Excalibur does have a drawback, I wonder what it is.
Old 2018-02-22, 22:24   Link #3671
LevelSeven

^probably stamina, Arthur will need to train a lot more before using it for a longer time, strong yes, but to kill demons he needs to destroy all of their 7 hearts
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 07:45   Link #3672
marvelB

A rather brief spoiler is out:

Spoiler for 256:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 08:31   Link #3673
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Spoiler for Spoiler 256:
Old 2018-02-23, 16:55   Link #3674
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
It thought of the same.
I doubt his predecessors didn't think of that of all things.
Old 2018-02-23, 17:26   Link #3675
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Agreed. At least I hope his predecessors will have thought of that and that they'll protect him somehow.

But although it requires a sword, I'm also getting Avatar vibes from this (Nickelodeon's series, Avatar, where there's one called "The Avatar" who is able to master all four elements). There, too, there's an Avatar Cycle, such that the succession of Avatars continues through a continuous chain of reincarnations with the Avatar Spirit being inherited through the Cycle after the death of each Avatar. The previous Avatars guide the current one through the link (though in this case, the current Avatar can talk to the previous ones - it doesn't seem like Arthur can talk to his predecessors, though).

I wonder if anyone's going to tell Arthur what's going on with Meliodas and Elizabeth right now. And about why Meliodas is with the demons right now. He thinks Meliodas completely betrayed Elizabeth, so I think he should learn the truth.
Old 2018-02-24, 00:32   Link #3676
SilverGlavenus

It's about time Cusack got his screen time. I feel his performance is lacking compared to Chandler.
Old 2018-02-27, 18:57   Link #3677
SilverGlavenus

The backlash of Excalibur is already present in this chapter. Arthur basically did not train enough to withstand his new found power, just as we thought. And what's up with Cath saying Arthur needs to awaken his magical power ??

Another interesting detail is when Cusack said that even the human heroes feared the higher ranked demons, Excalibur was shaking, and Cusack pointed out that the souls of the pasf heroes were in the sword. So it means even Excalibur is afraid of the 4 demons

Now that Arthur is back to the Sins, I expect some level of discord, due to the way Escanor reacted. But I guess that is understandable since Merlin is the type to act without the others' knowing or consent and without giving proper explanation.
Old 2018-02-28, 07:19   Link #3678
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But if Excalibur is afraid of those four demons, how come it was fine when Arthur was trying to attack them earlier? Why only show fear now?

As for what Cath meant about Arthur's magic power not having awakened. Just what it sounds like, I'd say. He probably has great power hidden in him. He has to awaken that first. But before that, someone needs to save him.

Anyway, yeah, maybe the Sins will have some discord between them now because of Merlin not consulting anyone.

I do wonder if Arthur heard when Merlin said to Meliodas before she left Camelot. If he heard her and understood the meaning despite being under Cusack's control, that's good. I think it'd be good if he finds out or is aware of/about Meliodas not having really completely betrayed Elizabeth.
Old 2018-02-28, 12:48   Link #3679
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The tables sure turned fast

I want Escanor to be the one to train Arthur.
Old 2018-02-28, 14:30   Link #3680
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why Escanor? Escanor's jealous of Arthur because of Merlin right now, isn't he? What if he tries to do something to the poor guy?

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen