AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-10, 12:59   Link #141
Kouji
StrykerX

Witch Hunter Robin, I didn't wow me as much as Wolf's Rain did. The instant I saw an episode of this series it just got dull and boring.
Old 2004-05-10, 14:13   Link #142
Ialdaboth

Anything by Gonzo.

Pretty to look at, but hollow, hollow, hollow...
Old 2004-05-10, 20:19   Link #143
Karala

There aren't any anime I hate, just ones I don't like much...

Fruits Basket I only thought was so-so, yet everyone loves it... I had to almost force myself to keep watching it at some points... nothing happened in the series O_o Only the end got interesting and I thought Tohru's personality was impossible to relate to...

Also, Saikano, I just couldn't stand it. I only saw like 4 episodes I really couldn't watch any more of it, uggg... when I look at it's rating on animenfo.com I can tell most people either love it or hate it... and I almost hate this one. I like Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, Medabots... more than this. At least I found them entertaining at some point in the series.

Oh and KGNE I thought started out interesting but got sort of obvious at the end and I really don't think it's a good as everyone says, I just thought it was another anime, nothing too outstanding.

Fushigi Yuugi is ok, I've only seen 38 episodes of it and I can't seem to watch the last few.. I'm just not interested enough to watch more of it, as soon as Miaka comes on the screen I shudder. There's too much romance and not enough plot. The first few episodes were really good but then it got side-tracked from any sort of plot and was just all romantic.

In short, I don't think I like the soap opera feel to anime (or any) series, when it's overdone I gag... I need a reasonable plot and believably developed romance.
Old 2004-05-10, 20:46   Link #144
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Love Hina. Everyone I know seems to love it. I can't stand it. -_-

The dating sim on Newgrounds is funny though.
Old 2004-05-10, 21:25   Link #145
ubb

Why are people listing shows like kino no tabi and airmaster? I don't think they're popular at all.
Old 2004-05-10, 23:22   Link #146
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
This Ugly and Beautiful World I just couldn't feel for the characters.
Old 2004-05-11, 11:37   Link #147
Geist
Mind Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tima
Kyou Kara Mao, Airmaster
Melody of Oblivion, Divergence Eve
Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien, Avenger
Love Hina, Hellsing
Burn Up W, Sayuki Reload
Ai yori aoshi, Midori No Hibi
Daphne of Brilliant Blue, Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushi Sekai
Hunter X Hunter, Bakuretsu Tenshi
Ayatsuri Sakon, Neon Genisis Evangilion stopped making sence in the end thats why i started disliking it,
Azumanga Daioh I didn't hate it just wasn't interesting, Sensei no Ojikan
Onegai Teacher Onegai Twins
Cosplay, Full Metal Panic I didn't hate it just wasn't interesting to me, Noir, Phantom, Yumeria, Ashituruze baby,
Paranoia Agent, Gravion Zwei, Chobits,

There are others but I can't remember them right now
Two questions:
1. Do you actually like some anime?
2. If so, wouldn't it have been be easier to say "I hate all anime except for this/these one/two"?

I never watch anime I don't find interesting till I hate them.
Still, there are some popular ones out there I just couldn't get to like:

Da Capo: I've actually watched 3-4 episodes of this one and I'm still clueless as to why people watched and liked this anime. It wasn't only incest but they were also 14 (or so) years old. Too messed up for my taste.

Green Green TV: Pointless fan-service anime are always a bad thing.

Hmm, can't think of any others right now.
Old 2004-05-11, 11:42   Link #148
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I confess to you all I HATE NARUTO hehehe it sucks
Old 2004-05-11, 12:40   Link #149
Tima
Konichiwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geist
Two questions:
1. Do you actually like some anime?
2. If so, wouldn't it have been be easier to say "I hate all anime except for this/these one/two"?
There are thousands of different animes out there other than whats released on animesuki.com. I only mentioned 25 or so anime titles, which hardly comes close to me disliking all anime. Belive me the list of anime that I like is way longer than the list of animes I don't like.

Quote:
[I never watch anime I don't find interesting till I hate them.
Still, there are some popular ones out there I just couldn't get to like:
I don't watch anime I dislike till I start to hate it either only with NGE I disliked it cause it stopped making sense in the end, which I had to watch the basicly the whole series to get to. I don't hate it though. The other animes I don't like at all didn't take me as long maybe the 2 to 3 episode.

Quote:
Da Capo: I've actually watched 3-4 episodes of this one and I'm still clueless as to why people watched and liked this anime. It wasn't only incest but they were also 14 (or so) years old. Too messed up for my taste..
They didn't say anything about that in the review I had read . I'm glad I didn't download Da Capa seems rather sick. I don't go for that kinda thing either thats why I didn't find angel sancutary very appealing stopped watching after ep 1. oh I have to add that to the list.

Quote:
Green Green TV: Pointless fan-service anime are always a bad thing.
I totally agrree I had forgot about that one.
Old 2004-05-11, 21:26   Link #150
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
I confess to you all I HATE NARUTO hehehe it sucks
-_-' Even though I don't like your opinion, I still've to respect it.
Old 2004-05-12, 16:09   Link #151
Blue Siren
Yuki is MINE!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Siren
I can't say I don't like DBZ, but I can see why a lot of people don't. It does get tedious when one single fight takes like 10 episodes...but Naruto C'mon! how can anyone hate it... ok it is a bit over rated, but is still good.

Anywhoo animes that everyone seem to like and I don't, would be: FLCL ( WTF was that about?) Hellsing, I only saw like three eps and I thought this has got to be the worst anime ever. I also dislike any Gundam and ant robot anime (exept for Full Metal Panic), I thought Vampire Princess Myu was sooo boring ( but I still saw it all thing, hoping it would get better) Full Moon wo Sagashite I didn't care for that one, Akira movie... , Weiss Kreuz, now let me break this one out. I love the music, and the artbooks which I have all of, but the anime didn't do it for me, too much angst and sadness, plus all the unnesessary gore just killed it in my book. I can't think of any more, but I know they're there.
Old 2004-05-13, 13:27   Link #152
Liquidus
╞╩╗

I don't hate naruto but I thought the anime could have done better. The fight between Naruto and Neji I thought looked a lot better in the manga. Although the 1st season was done very well. The scene where Narutos seal almost breaks in the Haku fight was great unlike the fight between Neji and Naruto (animation felt weak when Naruto takes out Kyubi chakra). In the manga the scenes looked similar to the Haku fight. And when Kakashi hit Haku with his "Lightening edge" it didn't just hit Haku, Kakashi's hand went through Haku's chest, blood dripping from his hand on the other side.

Spoiler:

Scenes as stated above.

Last edited by Liquidus; 2004-05-13 at 14:09.
Old 2004-05-13, 13:43   Link #153
wnkryo
HainShodan

The anime I dislike but every one seems to like is Monster, Full Metal Alchemist (after the episode general Hues dies), and alot more.
Old 2004-05-21, 15:26   Link #154
h3lldiver

Send a message via ICQ to h3lldiver Send a message via MSN to h3lldiver
naruto-> it is good, but after haku it keeps on getting worse, im worried at the end it will be like DBZ, throwing colorfull energy ball to each other....

Macross 7 -> the idea of singing against alien is just weird, and then plane with speakers?? and guitar and drums... it is very weird, but i like all the other macross, especially macross plus

Gunparade March -> almost like a copy of patlabor i think
Old 2004-05-22, 12:37   Link #155
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
The anime I dislike but every one seems to like is Monster, Full Metal Alchemist (after the episode general Hues dies), and alot more.
Did you forget that Naruto has a similar funeral episode, ep 80 as well? Though, I would agree with you on Monster.

anyhow
10 - Sonic X (due to 4Kids picking this up, I liked the anime with the original japanese themes)
09 - Boys Over Flowers (if I were to pick up a romantic comedic anime, it would rather be His And Her Circumstances )
08 - Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (to redneckish)
07 - Digimon Frontier (liked this anime in it's subbed/raw version and not the U.S version)
06 - Shura no Toki (if I were to watch a anime in the martial arts/historical genre, it'd be Peace Maker Kurogane, Naruto & Rurouni Kenshin ^_^)
05 - Tenchi Muyo GXP (for some reason I just can't get into this anime)
04 - Wedding Peach (reminds me too much of Sailor Moon)
03 - Ultimate Muscle (I'd rather watch Pokemon Advanced or Shaman King, don't get me wrong though. I still like some of the characters in this show though).
02 - Tenjo Tenge
01 - Madlax
Old 2004-05-22, 13:53   Link #156
Weirdanzeige
Anti-You

Naruto, Gundam in general, any type of Cutesie/kiddie anime, hamtaro, monster (damn, that crap is a snore), Madlax (another boring one), all the dragon ball series's, Wolf's Rain was boring, Ikitousen
Old 2004-05-22, 18:10   Link #157
Zardak
Abuser of cute series

Send a message via ICQ to Zardak
"Naruto" and "DBZ" together with orange juice with fruit meat is the very definition of pure evil.
Old 2004-05-22, 19:44   Link #158
Kamui4356
Aria Company

It seems many of you hate Nadesico, but I noticed that none of the people who claim to hate it have seen very much of it... If you haven't seen the part where the Nadesico goes back to mars, or the truth about the jovians, you don't have a clue what the series is really like. It's the same thing as people who watch only watch the first episode of narutaru, then dismiss the series as a pokemon clone. Give a series a chance before you say you hate it and it sucks. If you've only seen one episode, then you can say you didn't like it, but you really have no right to say the series sucks.
For instance I hate Saikano. I've seen the whole thing, and I found myself cheering whenever a character died. Was I supposed to sympathize with Chise? She was killing not only the enemy, but soldiers on her side and innocent civilians as well. You can't say she didn't have control like they tried to convice us, since she protected her home city, where the people she cared about lived, until the end. Plus what was going on with that war? The best I can figure out, based mainly on the weapons used at various points, is Japan and the US were at war with north korea and china. Then the US found out about chise, at which point they turned on Japan. Next all the other countries which had been neutral, joined the war to stop chise. After all her real purpose was apparently to kill all of humanity to "save them" from the slower death that awaited mankind as a result of natural disasters, a small part of which we see at the end.
Old 2004-05-23, 00:20   Link #159
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdanzeige
Naruto, Gundam in general, any type of Cutesie/kiddie anime, hamtaro, monster (damn, that crap is a snore), Madlax (another boring one), all the dragon ball series's, Wolf's Rain was boring, Ikitousen
Naruto is anything but kiddie or "cutsey". You probably haven't watch episodes beyond 20. Because it kinda shifts and takes a turn for the more teen-adult genre. And if you look at what Naruto does (with his harem no jutsu in the early episodes). You can clearly see that it's no kiddie anime.
Old 2004-05-23, 02:59   Link #160
Weirdanzeige
Anti-You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Naruto is anything but kiddie or "cutsey". You probably haven't watch episodes beyond 20. Because it kinda shifts and takes a turn for the more teen-adult genre. And if you look at what Naruto does (with his harem no jutsu in the early episodes). You can clearly see that it's no kiddie anime.
when did I say it was a kiddy/cutesy type anime? I was just talking about the show itself, I didn't put it in that genre
Closed Thread