AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-02, 19:27   Link #161
HegemonKhan
Banned

well... I'm starting to really like Yuma now....

Yuma had like no power or abilities or sword technique (she's a defensive type, yet was so weak, she could hardly do any regenerating)....

and now she's trying to synchronize her yoki like Cynthia could do with others to enahnce their healing/regenerating, and either:

1. regenerate Cynthia

2. OR .... is Yuma going to do the Soul Link and become like Alicia and Beth with Cynthia

3. OR... maybe she half merges with Cynthia like Rafaela did with Luciela..... ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by the way,

exactly who's hand was it that fell off ? Cynthia's ? or Yuma's ?
Old 2009-12-02, 19:29   Link #162
Newhope

The soul link is what I'am betting on but It's Yagi and you never know with him.
Old 2009-12-02, 19:34   Link #163
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

It really has gotten to the point where unless Clare experiences an unimaginable power-up, the only way Priscilla will die is a team battle involving many, many members.

Considering the fact that it took Teresa quite a bit of time to eliminate Claymore numbers #2 through #5, and Priscilla is able to defeat two number one ranked Claymores, in awakened form, while in human form, in something like 4 seconds, you'd have to believe her almost invincible in one-on-one combat.

She is at least three times stronger than any character that has appeared in the story up to this point, and that's being generous to the other characters. Imagine if she actually took a fight seriously, or bothered using a sword or weapon of some kind.
Old 2009-12-02, 19:40   Link #164
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
It really has gotten to the point where unless Clare experiences an unimaginable power-up, the only way Priscilla will die is a team battle involving many, many members.

Considering the fact that it took Teresa quite a bit of time to eliminate Claymore numbers #2 through #5, and Priscilla is able to defeat two number one ranked Claymores, in awakened form, while in human form, in something like 4 seconds, you'd have to believe her almost invincible in one-on-one combat.

She is at least three times stronger than any character that has appeared in the story up to this point, and that's being generous to the other characters. Imagine if she actually took a fight seriously, or bothered using a sword or weapon of some kind.
However when Teresa was fighting 2-5 she wasn't even using any of her Yoki........
Old 2009-12-02, 19:46   Link #165
HegemonKhan
Banned

err... Teresa wasn't serious... Teresa could've killed all 4 of them (Priscilla, Irene, Sophia, Noel) instantly, but she knew they couldn't kill her, so she played out the battle for fun, and the human townsfolk and Clare were watching anyways.... Teresa didn't want to drown-flood the town in blood....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offensive type Awakeneds don't need their swords, as their bodies become blades ("swords") themselves or powerful piercing-puncturing-crushing tentacles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clare definately got some enhanced power or whatever from Rafaela/Destroyer... I'm sure of it, then add to that her quick sword, and Awakening, puts Clare as the one to be able to kill Priscilla.

however, I like your point that it might take a whole bunch of characters together to kill Priscilla

in fact, Clare asked Rubel that very question (either right before he gives her the male awakened mission or the ophelia mission), and Rubel answers, "If it comes to Priscilla, the Org would have to weigh the power of their entire force vs Priscilla and whether it would be worth the losses or not, even if they-we could win"

HOWEVER.... considering how numbers (think battle against Rigardo) have never really helped in a battle against a single more powerful opponent... i'm not so sure that this would change....
Old 2009-12-02, 19:50   Link #166
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

Yeah, but, consider that either Alice or Beth was stronger than Riful on a one-on-one basis, and that all the Abyssals are roughly equal. Which is basically telling me that if Priscilla faced all the Abyssals at once, it would probably take a dozen seconds to dispatch them all (and all this, while seemingly half asleep).

I actually think I'm being quite generous in saying that the current form of Priscilla is at worst three times stronger than any other character, living or deceased.
Old 2009-12-02, 19:53   Link #167
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Try the Sugooi Scans release for a better translation. Also, the Franky-House translation (credited to AnimeYuki) looks very suspiciously like Weils's translation posted here.
Roflmao, why am I not surprised
Old 2009-12-02, 19:54   Link #168
velvet nightmare

is the power scale kind of messed up?

or was the gap between irene and priscilla that massive back then

i mean isnt claire basically = irene at this point?

sure prisc. might be awakened, but to have the ability to kick people around like dolls?

or was prisc really just 'gifted'
Old 2009-12-02, 19:57   Link #169
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
is the power scale kind of messed up?

or was the gap between irene and priscilla that massive back then

i mean isnt claire basically = irene at this point?

sure prisc. might be awakened, but to have the ability to kick people around like dolls?

or was prisc really just 'gifted'
No, the power scale isn't messed up.

Roflmao, what is up with people? We know just how powerful Priscilla was since Day 1, why are people acting like this is the first time we've seen her strength?

I guess it's just been a long time since we've seen her fight, but the fight wasn't shocking or anything.
Old 2009-12-02, 20:02   Link #170
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stream View Post
Try the Sugooi Scans release for a better translation. Also, the Franky-House translation (credited to AnimeYuki) looks very suspiciously like Weils's translation posted here.
I think I will. FH was pretty crappy this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
So who the hell can actually kill Priscella now? Only thing that can now is Big Kitty Monster in human form? Right now all it does is shoot Kitties out.
Super Clare!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
It say's Cynthia got the injurys while protecting Yuma probably from Beth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
What if Beth sliced one of her arms, both of her legs, some of her organs and only left a tiny piece of flesh holding her remaining arm together?

Then, since she doesn't has any Yoki left to regenerate, that piece of flesh eventually broke and the arm fell off.
I guess that makes sense. It just sucks that we didn't see anything. Plus Cynthia & Uma focused more on her lack of Youki and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
obvious answer to who can stop Prisilla is... Clare awakens into Teresa. duh. why do we need to wait a month between chapters. its such a letdown. things are finally heating up again too, which makes it that much worse.

anywho, i'm a sucker for self sacrifice. Cynthia gets major props for doing what she did (if she actually did overload herself healing Yuma and fighting off the other things) and for her self belittling speech. if Yagi had drew that out any more, i probably would have teared up.
Super Clare!!

And yeah, I was really sad there. I would have teared up too. I really like Cynthia too (love the hair cut too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer13 View Post
However when Teresa was fighting 2-5 she wasn't even using any of her Yoki........
Don't forget when she fought the former number 1 that she replaced. She wrecked that bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
No, the power scale isn't messed up.

Roflmao, what is up with people? We know just how powerful Priscilla was since Day 1, why are people acting like this is the first time we've seen her strength?

I guess it's just been a long time since we've seen her fight, but the fight wasn't shocking or anything.
We also have to keep in mind we've never seen her fight in a lucid state before. She was either obsessed with her hunger or in a child-like state.
Old 2009-12-02, 20:02   Link #171
HegemonKhan
Banned

it is hard to tell...

first of all, just how powerful was Irene (and Sophia and Noel) really?

was Irene (and Sophia and Noel) very powerful? or was she (and Sophia and Noel) actually quite weak?

With Irene's arm, Clare's power with the quick sword was only half of what Irene's quick sword power was.

I can't remember what was Clare's power using her Non-sword-arm (left arm) with the quick sword, compared to irene's power.

Irene slices up Ophelia easily.

We never know what is Irene's true or "full" power.

also, keep in mind that all this was long in the past, Clare certainly has become more powerful since then.... (she even nearly full awakened and has become #1 most powerful character, rescuing a rank 3 Galatea and killing a rank 2 Agatha with ease, matching a much more powerful Miria without going all out, taking on Riful and Dauf and surviving unharmed, killing the fragments/hellcats, killing Rafaela-Destroyer's image, not being scared of the Destroyer and "casually" moving away from it after "birthing" out from it)......

Awakened Priscilla's power has NEVER changed, because an Awakened's power can't change. Once you awakened, the power that you got, you're stuck with, forever.

Only Claymores and Half Awakens can continue to increase their power.
Old 2009-12-02, 20:04   Link #172
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

I'm of the opinion that Priscilla only really became this powerful over time. Her current level of power right now is probably the same as that which she possessed following her killing Teresa, but she just knows how to use it in a much more effective fashion.

In regard to comparisons with Irene, if that comparison is to her power before her awakening, then there was somewhat of a gap, albeit, not as great as it would be now. I mean, in the battle with Teresa, Priscilla was clearly the most gifted of the lot, but still far inferior to Teresa because her experience, skill, talent, and control paled in comparison to the former.

As for what she currently is, and her present power level, she is just an anomaly. For whatever reason, she is just insanely more powerful than every generation of Claymores that came before or after her.

If nothing else, hopefully her last performance signals that the story still has a ways to go (which obviously is a good thing), because right now her losing would not make sense on any sort of tangible level.
Old 2009-12-02, 20:12   Link #173
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
We also have to keep in mind we've never seen her fight in a lucid state before. She was either obsessed with her hunger or in a child-like state.
That's probably it; we've only seen her fight with her bare minimum before a.k.a.with only what's been necessary to get the job done. We've never actually seen her willingly use her power to kill someone before, so the results are probably jarring people.

I guess the surprise is no biggie, considering this IS the first time we've seen her like this since she's awakened. Been awhile

Quote:
In regard to comparisons with Irene, if that comparison is to her power before her awakening, then there was somewhat of a gap, albeit, not as great as it would be now. I mean, in the battle with Teresa, Priscilla was clearly the most gifted of the lot, but still far inferior to Teresa because her experience, skill, talent, and control paled in comparison to the former.
2 words: Exponential growth
Old 2009-12-02, 20:22   Link #174
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Wow! What a chapter! The most interesting thing was seeing how intelligent Priscilla really is. We never seen that side of her before.

She is just as good Riful, when it comes to analyzing things.
Old 2009-12-02, 20:24   Link #175
HegemonKhan
Banned

she grew up, laughs

*physically* (got taller, lol) and behaviorly
Old 2009-12-02, 20:25   Link #176
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post

IMO clare is the only one who could beat priscilla because she has theresa's flesh inside of her. Not even many many claymores and strong ab's could do something against her. It is like in space2063 - the angriest angel where McQueen in the end killed chiggy van richthofen despite having a way inferior space ship and having even health problems. Clare will have to face "the moment"
Old 2009-12-02, 20:31   Link #177
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun01 View Post
Wow! What a chapter! The most interesting thing was seeing how intelligent Priscilla really is. We never seen that side of her before.

She is just as good Riful, when it comes to analyzing things.
Maybe she went to school with Raki during those seven years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
IMO clare is the only one who could beat priscilla because she has theresa's flesh inside of her. Not even many many claymores and strong ab's could do something against her. It is like in space2063 - the angriest angel where McQueen in the end killed chiggy van richthofen despite having a way inferior space ship and having even health problems. Clare will have to face "the moment"
I also think her emergence from the fused sisters will be a factor. Teresa's flesh alone wouldn't be enough since Claire is only 1/4 youma.
Old 2009-12-02, 20:37   Link #178
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

gettin' tired of reading 'only clare could defeat priscilla cuz she's got teresa flesh inside.' even if clare could, she can't do it alone. someone who is also strong has to help her in order for it to happen. prissy's is definitely in another league and it's best for clare to avoid her for the time being. she is not ready to face her now...
Old 2009-12-02, 20:53   Link #179
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
it is hard to tell...

first of all, just how powerful was Irene (and Sophia and Noel) really?

was Irene (and Sophia and Noel) very powerful? or was she (and Sophia and Noel) actually quite weak?

With Irene's arm, Clare's power with the quick sword was only half of what Irene's quick sword power was.

I can't remember what was Clare's power using her Non-sword-arm (left arm) with the quick sword, compared to irene's power.

Irene slices up Ophelia easily.

We never know what is Irene's true or "full" power.
Yeah we may never know Irene's full power...unless she comes out as still being alive! Of course she'd need to get back the arm she borrowed and find a spare somewhere . I'm not giving up hope in that area.

Anyways it's been a while since I thought this but, damn Priscilla really is a monster. I mean taking out Alicia and Beth that easily is just scary. You always knew she was incredibly powerful, but that kind of demonstration really is beyond belief.
Old 2009-12-02, 21:27   Link #180
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Once again, Priscilla reigns surpreme. Wonder whose ominous yoki was that at the end there.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Closed Thread