AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-01-14, 12:39   Link #101
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

I have admit, it is pleasantly surprising to find out that, even after all this time, Sasuke is still not even Itachi's equal. The fact that Danzo confirms this, only makes it all the better.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 12:45   Link #102
james0246

^Sasuke's lesson is simple. As Haku said long ago, and many others have often repeated, real strength only comes from protecting those you love (I know, pretty sappy). Itachi, despite his homicidal tendencies, was still trying to protect Konoha and Sasuke. Sasuke, though, has now given up on protecting others. So, consequently, he will always be weaker than Itachi until he can also find something to actually fight for.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 12:48   Link #103
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

Well, to be honest, the biggest thing I took away from this chapter (and I'm not sure if it has been commented on before) is that it seems clear to me now, that, by himself, Madara is more powerful than Sasuke and Danzo put together. He clearly feels no threat at all from the events of this latest chapter, or all the revelations regarding Danzo's abilities or Sasuke's new powers, which is telling me (screaming to me, more like it) that he is way up on the food chain.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 13:10   Link #104
Nosauz

Actually he did seem worried about the implications of shodai + uchiha's taming ability of the nine tails, because even though he is able to control the ninetails it's possible that danzo could over take his authority. Plus madara is using sasuke as intelligence gathering and considering he can warp himself out to anywhere he's perfectly safe as it is.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 13:25   Link #105
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Oho, lol I beg to differ. I really don't understand how you can say this when there are so many indications in the manga implying otherwise - as a matter of fact there are plenty of hints suggesting Naruto is ahead at the moment.

Naruto cannot run out of chakra, and has two modes to choose from which will almost completely heal and revitalize him when called upon. Sasuke on the other hand has had issues with running out of chakra in just about all his battes. Naruto has also shown himself to be as (if not more) resourceful in battle as Sasuke has, not to mention his entourage of frog summons at his disposal.

Sasuke's Susanoo looks cool and everything, but I don't see why people are getting bent out of shape because of some stupid bow & arrow. People in the manga are finding ways to dodge Amaterasu, a technique that almost instantly creates flames at a target - who cares about some bow & arrow? A giant one at that lol. If Raikage has the power to break through his susanoo, I woudln't put it past Naruto - plus hes going to get even better.

There are also characters in the manga stating that Naruto is probably stronger than Sasuke at the moment, so I would like to read an explanation of how you came up with this idea that Naruto's sage mode is nowhere near Sasuke... Raikage was fighting in a mode that was comparable to sage mode and Sasuke almost died. Now add in Naruto's battle genius and his arsenal, seriously now... I hope this was a joke that I fell for. Honestly, at this point, the only thing we can say Sasuke has on him for sure (based on facts in the manga) is good looks lol, but just about everything else, my boy naruto has him beat.
Well i the reason is quite obvious right? So far nothing has penetrated Susanoo and Sasuke uses it better every single time... logical but still..

You mentioned the comparison of powers... well i see it like this:
Naruto - Kyuubi (his given tool)
Sasuke - Sharingan (his own tool)

But then Sasuke also gained... the cursed seal, a newly evolved MS with it 3 new jutsu's... which simply seem the strongest.
Each newly given power even to Naruto would have a terrible side affect..well i doesn't actually seem to affect Sasuke besides hurting like hell.
Naruto seemed to burn up his age each time he used it...cuz it heals and damages him.. in fact... i recall that Jiraiya mentioned that instead of healing Naruto... it does the opposite.. which makes me wonders... how fast would Naruto heal without the Kyuubi?

Now if Naruto were ever to fight Sasuke again.... and Naruto has the desire to bring Sasuke back alive then he'll never win because... nothing will get through Susanoo... and if Fuuton Rasen Shuriken gets through... it will kill Sasuke.. so he wouldn't use that..

Furthermore.. I think Sennin Mode...Naruto's Sage chakra was made to make sure he didn't use the Kyuubi Chakra anymore...an energy source Naruto couldn't control..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
I have admit, it is pleasantly surprising to find out that, even after all this time, Sasuke is still not even Itachi's equal. The fact that Danzo confirms this, only makes it all the better.
Hmmm i wonder though how much better Itachi was... in terms of genjutsu Itachi might've been better but... strenght, speed, ninjutsu... i'm not sure whether Itachi was that much better..
Old 2010-01-14, 13:29   Link #106
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Hmmm i wonder though how much better Itachi was... in terms of genjutsu Itachi might've been better but... strenght, speed, ninjutsu... i'm not sure whether Itachi was that much better..
well considering how much itachi relied on his genjutsu it would seem that his genjustsu was by far his strongest tallent against none sharingan users. There haven't been many that could break itachi's genjutsu, even naruto was deeply trapped in a genjutsu of a puppet that only had an imprint of some of itachi's skill.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 13:48   Link #107
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Anyone think Kakashi vs Danzou would be cool? I don't think anything will come of this fight with Sasuke. Danzou will probably flee and return to Konoha while Kakashi has been made the proper Hokage candidate and angry stares commencing.
Old 2010-01-14, 13:54   Link #108
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From the chapter I read, it seems to me that Izanagi is the technique that Danzou is already using in order to cheat death at the cost of a sharingan...great chapter, Sasuke gets yet another boost in power I wonder what Danzou gave to Orochimaru for those cells...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 14:32   Link #109
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
From the chapter I read, it seems to me that Izanagi is the technique that Danzou is already using in order to cheat death at the cost of a sharingan...great chapter, Sasuke gets yet another boost in power I wonder what Danzou gave to Orochimaru for those cells...
Opportunity at revenge. Too bad Orochimaru blew it.
Old 2010-01-14, 14:39   Link #110
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Looks like Danzo unleashed his secret technique. He has a lot of lives with that arm of his then.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 14:48   Link #111
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Sai's brother...
Old 2010-01-14, 15:04   Link #112
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Sasuke's lesson is simple. As Haku said long ago, and many others have often repeated, real strength only comes from protecting those you love (I know, pretty sappy). Itachi, despite his homicidal tendencies, was still trying to protect Konoha and Sasuke. Sasuke, though, has now given up on protecting others. So, consequently, he will always be weaker than Itachi until he can also find something to actually fight for.
He could fight to protect his ego (Susanoo is only quarter as big as Sasuke's ego). However I think it doesnt have to be protecting something, just having a goal to reach should be enough of a boost.

Just a little thing I thought of but because Izanagi is supposed to be the god of creation in japanese mythology, then Danzo's technique might be that his sharingan is sacrificed in order for him to be re-created again. Which is why the Uchiha might have called it forbidden because it requires the sacrifice of your sharingan.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 15:11   Link #113
Kittycountess

Honestly, quote me if you think this is too much nonesense. If I'm the only one then all the Naruto fans from the old days, when the jutsus used to be simple yet fun, must have left.
Kittycountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 15:20   Link #114
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycountess View Post
Honestly, quote me if you think this is too much nonesense. If I'm the only one then all the Naruto fans from the old days, when the jutsus used to be simple yet fun, must have left.
The new flashy jutsu is okay but now there is so much in every fight that it had become bland and now it looks like most of the side characters cant even help out or survive in fights like this. Flashy techniques should be harder to use so they are not constantly spammed

Old 2010-01-14, 15:53   Link #115
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The new flashy jutsu is okay but now there is so much in every fight that it had become bland and now it looks like most of the side characters cant even help out or survive in fights like this. Flashy techniques should be harder to use so they are not constantly spammed
Agreed... but for some reason even after my complain some poor deformed hobbit who i shall name the unknown "Gollem" even dared to give me a bad rep cuz of it... ...
Old 2010-01-14, 16:27   Link #116
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The eyes aren't really sacrificed, are they? I mean they close, then they open again and another one closes. It seems more like some sort of code, having different results, depending on which eyes are closed and which not.
Kakashi needs to beam his arm away. I think that would actually work, wouldn't it? I thought Kakashi's MS technique was a space/time jutsu.
Old 2010-01-14, 16:33   Link #117
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The eyes aren't really sacrificed, are they? I mean they close, then they open again and another one closes. It seems more like some sort of code, having different results, depending on which eyes are closed and which not.
No the eyes look like they stay shut, none of them have opened back up.

Old 2010-01-14, 18:12   Link #118
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Anyone feel that Sasuke, Madara, and the crew were the good guys?
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 18:29   Link #119
Kittycountess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Tell me about it. Naruto used to be about teamwork and how important it is to back your friends up and work with them in fights. Now all it seems to be about is who can own Sasuke. No wonder Sakura got confused.
Kittycountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 18:59   Link #120
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycountess View Post
Tell me about it. Naruto used to be about teamwork and how important it is to back your friends up and work with them in fights. Now all it seems to be about is who can own Sasuke. No wonder Sakura got confused.
Realistically, Naruto has very seldom actually had real team battles. They are mostly 2-3 people holding off another until a "main" character comes along to finish what the Team barely could start. You have to go all the way back to the early parts of Part I before you can find a time when Team battles were truly relevant.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion